Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And yet here you are adding to it… 

I work for a large government agency and one day someone accidentally sent an email to the entire agency (30,000+ people). People started sending reply-all emails saying things like "You accidentally sent this to me." Then people started angrily sending reply-all emails saying "DON'T REPLY-ALL!" but they were sending reply-all emails too. It became a vicious cycle, and by the end, I had received 500 emails because of this one accidentally sent email.😅

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

"Other NFL" trades like Fields, etc., has been continuously posted here for few days now, and that is in Free Agency Colts news only thread here.

People shouldn't post other teams' acquisition here, there's a separate thread for that in NFL General section. 

I posted the Fields one myself. Free agency is kinda like the wild west in real life and around here, things happen quickly. So I see no issue with people posting league happenings, with the Colts discussion going on here. Not many are wanting to leave the Colts thread/section and go look at the other thread just to see what else is going on. No problem with just announcing big moves from around the league here. Now I agree, if it's a non Colts related transaction, the conversation around those should take place in the other thread. I'm sure more than a few have squeezed through here though, it happens. Most the time the thread is moving so fast they're gone before you even know it. 

A lot of times, the moves from around the league, have had potential Colts connections as well, whether that be they were perceived targets, or who to look at next with them off the board, how a signing might eliminate a team from taking a position we are looking at in the draft.

Maybe we should consider a FA week 2 thread? With week 1 wrap up in OP? Maybe that one could be kept a little cleaner?

Idk? It should slow down significantly here in the next week or so, if not before. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

I posted the Fields one myself. Free agency is kinda like the wild west in real life and around here, things happen quickly. So I see no issue with people posting league happenings, with the Colts discussion going on here. Not many are wanting to leave the Colts thread/section and go look at the other thread just to see what else is going on. No problem with just announcing big moves from around the league here. Now I agree, if it's a non Colts related transaction, the conversation around those should take place in the other thread. I'm sure more than a few have squeezed through here though, it happens. Most the time the thread is moving so fast they're gone before you even know it. 

A lot of times, the moves from around the league, have had potential Colts connections as well, whether that be they were perceived targets, or who to look at next with them off the board, how a signing might eliminate a team from taking a position we are looking at in the draft.

Maybe we should consider a FA week 2 thread? With week 1 wrap up in OP? Maybe that one could be kept a little cleaner?

Idk? It should slow down significantly here in the next week or so, if not before. 

Thoughts? 

usa ok GIF

20 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I work for a large government agency and one day someone accidentally sent an email to the entire agency (30,000+ people). People started sending reply-all emails saying things like "You accidentally sent this to me." Then people started angrily sending reply-all emails saying "DON'T REPLY-ALL!" but they were sending reply-all emails too. It became a vicious cycle, and by the end, I had received 500 emails because of this one accidentally sent email.😅

It happened in a huge company I worked too, same ... Same ..

One accidental mail --> "I'm not the intended person" mail --> then angry mails about STOP REPLYING ALL while replying all... 

It started on Friday evening, and happened all weekend, then some guys coming in on Monday morning and restarted the whole thing until they killed the whole chain :funny:

The Colts have yet to sign a safety. Ballard might be waiting to sign sneed before trying to find a replacement for Blackmon. The other thing is this, I thought I saw the Colts had 22 million left in the cap. And if sneed gets his asking price, how the heck are we going to sign our draft picks? I did hear rumors that the Colts are trying to restructure/extend Buckner but it’s all just rumor.

when it comes to safety, maybe Ballard is using the “young” secondary again. Idk. Just had those thoughts mulling around. 

I suppose it wont surprise me if the Colts get Sneed, or don’t. I could see both happening. 

30 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

The Colts have yet to sign a safety. Ballard might be waiting to sign sneed before trying to find a replacement for Blackmon. The other thing is this, I thought I saw the Colts had 22 million left in the cap. And if sneed gets his asking price, how the heck are we going to sign our draft picks? I did hear rumors that the Colts are trying to restructure/extend Buckner but it’s all just rumor.

when it comes to safety, maybe Ballard is using the “young” secondary again. Idk. Just had those thoughts mulling around. 

I suppose it wont surprise me if the Colts get Sneed, or don’t. I could see both happening. 

Yeah they would definitely have to restructure at least one contract and release someone like Cox to make it work if world guess.....that 22 mill space isn't even accounting for Flacco yet either I don't think!

43 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Yeah they would definitely have to restructure at least one contract and release someone like Cox to make it work if world guess.....that 22 mill space isn't even accounting for Flacco yet either I don't think!

flowers is back this year. Hoping he stays healthy because he looked pretty good last year when healthy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Also happened in the large govt agency I work for.  Really shook my faith in my organization to see so many replying to all to tell people not to reply to all.  At least it was easy to have Outlook sort by the subject line and mass delete them.  It’s fun to tell the story to millennials who weren’t around yet…

Current projected cap space:

Spotrac - $18.7m**

OtC - $18.1m**

**Those are my projected top 51 cap space numbers, with $3.515m(Flacco), $1.015m(Harrison), subtracted from current listed cap space.

Also both sites have updated Franklin, he has $5.25m more on his cap hit this year, than he did prior to extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, w87r said:

Thoughts? 

In years past, we’ve done FA threads by day, by week and then as a whole. I don’t think there’s any real good way as they all seem to be commented on. I’d just leave it as one. 

I am still so baffled about that Fields trade. If you treat him as a pure athlete... if you treat him as a running back... he still must have more value than a 6th round pick. How have the Bears botched it this badly? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I am still so baffled about that Fields trade. If you treat him as a pure athlete... if you treat him as a running back... he still must have more value than a 6th round pick. How have the Bears botched it this badly? 

Yeah I get your point about Fields.....but he's ultimately only as valuable as what teams are willing to pay......and it probably says a lot that this was their best offer probably!! What they botched was not trading him last year when he had more value it seemed and they were unsure what path they wanted to take! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Exactly as @DoubleE Colt said.

If they really weren't sure about him as franchise QB, they should've traded last year when so many teams wanted emergency QBs! Surely would've got better return.

Instead, they waited to see what pick Panthers and their own draft picks are at the end of the season and by the time, the league has gone sore on him, as Fields has shown no progress as pocket passer and his running game sulked too, compared to the previous years. Teams understand that the guy will not have longer shelf life as starter. 

Remember, SF traded Trey Lance for 2024 4th round draft pick early last season, so there was market and correct timing.

Bears and Ryan Poles are always about poor timing and their reading of market value. 

If you really think about it.....Colts FA thread kind of a brief topic. "We signed our own" , and you can probably finish the conversation with "and these 2-3 mid level roster fillers were added....." The End ..................lol.....Happy St. Patricks Day!

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Also happened in the large govt agency I work for.  Really shook my faith in my organization to see so many replying to all to tell people not to reply to all.  At least it was easy to have Outlook sort by the subject line and mass delete them.  It’s fun to tell the story to millennials who weren’t around yet…

With all due respect, that kind of situation sounds like the level of competency that I imagine all government agencies work at.

One thing to keep in mind.  When and if the trade is completed the Chiefs not only get our picks but they pick up $20m in additional cap space.  They could use it on a Young, Simmons, or trade for Higgins for example.  That would be a huge boost to a team trying to win again.  That’s why I believe the compensation has been agreed too. This delay is all about Sneed’s money and when he receives it.

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

One thing to keep in mind.  When and if the trade is completed the Chiefs not only get our picks but they pick up $20m in additional cap space.  They could use it on a Young, Simmons, or trade for Higgins for example.  That would be a huge boost to a team trying to win again.  That’s why I believe the compensation has been agreed too. This delay is all about Sneed’s money and when he receives it.

You may be right. The waiting is anxiety-producing for diehard fans.

Back to free agency:

What is wrong with CB Xavien Howard? Are Colts fans interested?

Are you all looking to bring back

Julian Blackmon, Danny Painter or other Colts free agent.

What happened to Taven Bryan?

• Like 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

Back to free agency:

not sure Blackmon wants to come back. Haven’t heard anything from either side wanting to sign him. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry.  Don't get down. You have a new year of football to look forward to.

Any free agents you want? Any positions you want to address before the draft?

LOL..... I want some difference makers. If I have a crtique of Ballard its that he avoids the big decisions....He doesn't risk the biscuit by trading up to take a difference maker, he doesn't land the difference making FA.... if filler was the be all end all he would be the GM of the year , year after year....... to me after 7 years we have re-stocked the cream filling, I want some icing now LOL WR, DE, LT, QB, DB....... give me a true marquee at any of those positions....he has some potential at QB and LT......thats encouraging, but I want some bona fide dyed in the wool this dude should be a monster or is a monster insertions to this roster.....I want to see him take a risk at this point to crest the talent hill......

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Back to free agency:

All the anxiety in here, and we will probably just bring back Blackmon Homer Simpson Eating GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Back to free agency:

Colts aren't going to make any moves till Sneed gets resolved.

Bryan didn't have a very good year, he will walk.

Blackmon deleted all Colts from social media (common practice these days), but I don't anticipate him being back 

Pinter was hurt, I suppose there is an outside chance we bring him back once healthy later in off-season.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Blackmon deleted all Colts from social media (common practice these days), but I don't anticipate him being back 

Pinter was hurt, I suppose there is an outside chance we bring him back once healthy later in off-season.

Blackmon still has all his colts stuff up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Blackmon still has all his colts stuff up.

Probably a good sign he might sign back if he put it back up. I guess I don't even know if it was down? My son said it was then confirmed here.

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don’t understand why they can’t move on safety.  Signing Sneed and a safety is going to involve moves to create space regardless.  So get the safety you want now while you can still work on Sneed.  The only other reason I can think of is the safety doesn’t want to come unless we get Sneed.  He wants to sign with a contender.  Sneed really moves us into that space.  Without him not so much.

• Like 1

I don’t understand why they can’t move on safety.  Signing Sneed and a safety is going to involve moves to create space regardless.  So get the safety you want now while you can still work on Sneed.  The only other reason I can think of is the safety doesn’t want to come unless we get Sneed.  He wants to sign with a contender.  Sneed really moves us into that space.  Without him not so much.

I think they have to get sneed done then do some restructures. Don’t think they will have enough if they sign sneed first. This might even be why sneed is being held up. His contract will cut it close and use much of the left over cap.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think they have to get sneed done then do some restructures. Don’t think they will have enough if they sign sneed first. This might even be why sneed is being held up. His contract will cut it close and use much of the left over cap.

We don’t need to restructure to sign a safety.  That can be done now.

We can.

I know all of us fans want it done now, but the truth is as far as at Safety, there isn't much rush. So many have already been signed that not too many teams have a need there. Still a lot of good players left.

Now if the Colts want to move on Simmons, they might want to increase the pace of the Sneed deal. Something tells me they might already have something worked out? Talk about him has just went completely quiet.

Also, if we wait till 2nd week the price might drop a little. 

6 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Can restructure or simply make Sneads first year a low base salary year. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

By not trading him when his value was at his highest (last year) and then allowing the teams who wanted him to fill their needs.  They could not keep him, that was not going to work.  That would’ve put the rookie in such a bad situation.  Bears definitely took a fat L with this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For what it’s worth there are rumors Blackmon is coming back

They should re-sign him, and also sign Simmons. 
And they are perfectly capable of making room for Sneed’s salary while also fixing the safety room. 
Restructures; cut MAC, for example. 

• Thanks 1