Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

So......it looks like we might end up with the best corner in free agency without giving up one of our premium picks this year.  

Our secondary would have some serious potential with Brents having a full off season and Kenny coming back. 

This is a big addition, if true. 

Ballard could also recoup that 3rd on draft day pretty easily by moving down from 15. Maybe even pick up an extra 2 instead 

After this, he should create some more space and bring in Justin Simmons. 

ballard needs to pick a difference maker @ 15 im tired of this trade back nonsense … montez sweat @ Dk metcalf are supposed to colts … pick a premium player CB/WR/EDGE

• Like 1

L’Jarius Sneed vs WR1s in 2023:

(rec-yds)

Ja’Marr Chase: 0-0

Davante Adams: 1-4

Stefon Diggs 1-3

Davante Adams 5-73

AJ Brown 1-8

Tyreek Hill 1-6

Courtland Sutton 1-23

Keenan Allen 0-0

Justin Jefferson 2-14

Garrett Wilson 3-24

DJ Moore 1-4

Calvin Ridley 2-32

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

So......it looks like we might end up with the best corner in free agency without giving up one of our premium picks this year.  

Our secondary would have some serious potential with Brents having a full off season and Kenny coming back. 

This is a big addition, if true. 

Ballard could also recoup that 3rd on draft day pretty easily by moving down from 15. Maybe even pick up an extra 2 instead 

After this, he should create some more space and bring in Justin Simmons. 

Exactly. The next moves have to be signing a safety & depth on the OLINE

Genuinely I don’t care what the contract looks like. Even if it seems rough now (which I have faith it won’t ), it will look decent in a year or two as contracts keep skyrocketing. If we walk out of FA w Sneed and getting Kenny back then we arguably end up w the two best CBs on the market to put w Brents and Jones and hopefully a healthy Flowers coming back. Address safety and then this team is cooking. A third and a future mid round pick would be great value. Genuinely excited if this officially goes down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

ballard needs to pick a difference maker @ 15 im tired of this trade back nonsense … montez sweat @ Dk metcalf are supposed to colts … pick a premium player CB/WR/EDGE

You get premium players beyond the top 15 picks. 

DK Metcalf was the 64th pick.

This receiver class is DEEP. 

CB contracts are mirroring WR contracts which makes sense. They are the ones trying to stop the WR. I won’t be surprised if it’s around 21 or 22 million a year. Now we need to go bring Blackmon back and sign a FS. If they do those last two moves the draft will be open to anything they want to do.

14 minutes ago, James said:

L’Jarius Sneed vs WR1s in 2023:

(rec-yds)

Ja’Marr Chase: 0-0

Davante Adams: 1-4

Stefon Diggs 1-3

Davante Adams 5-73

AJ Brown 1-8

Tyreek Hill 1-6

Courtland Sutton 1-23

Keenan Allen 0-0

Justin Jefferson 2-14

Garrett Wilson 3-24

DJ Moore 1-4

Calvin Ridley 2-32

Palmer lit him up but I think it was blown coverage

1 hour ago, w87r said:

So if that report is true and we are giving up our 3rd and pick next year (likely 3rd or 4th).

The that leaves the first 2 rounds open for WR/TE, LB or S.

Still hoping to bring in a couple vets back there, but maybe they really like Nubin?

Also would love to get Peyton Wilson or Cooper in the 2nd round. Big need.

Yeah Nubin looks a good shout as a BPA in the second round. But just wonder has he the speed to play as a single high FS. One of my favourites.

Just now, DoubleE Colt said:

Genuine question.......would the highest levels of the Colts tell him yet if it wasn't signed, sealed and delivered anyway?

It’s probably one of those “ it’s done but not official things “ Holder doesn’t like being out done so he’s saying there’s no trade so that he can try and be the first with breaking news of an official trade…

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He emphatically said he doubt it gets done. He could have a lot of egg on his face later.

if he’s getting that info from the “highest levels of the organization” then it could be him just being a mouthpiece in the media to push the deal to get done… 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stitches said:

I continue not being a fan of trading premier picks for player that at the same time needs to get paid top of the market money unless it's absolutely elite player. And as good as Sneed is, I'm not certain he's quite at that level. At the same time I would feel like a hypocrite for criticizing Ballard for not addressing pass defense and then when he does, not being happy with the move, so I guess depending on the compensation I might have some mixed feelings if it happens... :dunno:

But it would still fit the pattern that Ballard has to trade for (and sign to top dollar) premium defensive players that other GMs drafted.  Ballard would have yet to draft a premium elite/near-elite defensive player on his own in 7 years.  Not a great look when comparing to other playoff GMs.

47 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Or you could say, Ballard couldn't just give top FA money during FA period to get a premium player.  He also had to give up draft picks.

It would be good to have Sneed.  But the Colts capital reserves seem to get drained more than they "should" to get premium players.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He sleeps in on the weekends; he is currently snoring loudly per a key source homer simpson sleeping GIF

That’s not what my sources say… Highest levels of the Ballard home tell me he’s been up pumping iron and combing his mullet since 5 am…