Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts play a lot of deep passers at QB next season. The secondary has to be fixed. Can’t expect Richardson to have to be Superman because defense can’t stop anyone. Hopefully it is coming.

It will be

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So I was driving around this morning and listening to Bowen and his partner and Bowen said he asked Ballard what he considers premium positions and cover your eyes @Superman he said to him the trench’s are the premium positions.

Of course he does. He's basically said it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think you’re way too high on rookies.  Only the top 51 count towards the cap.  Our cap experts will let us know.

Yes , I'm probably 3 mill or so high on that. My bad

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is going to be backup. This is a massive upgraded from what we had.

Literally, Johnson graded out at the worst DT in the NFL last year play that role.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

For all the things Ballard puts himself in a Corner (sticking to a defensive scheme unusually for a GM, sticking to bringing players on certain defined criteria, sticking to same DC even after HC change - another unusual, sticking to same formula every Free Agency, Draft and Off-season, Sticking to QB carousel for too long), he better be right about most of these beliefs. 

Otherwise, he'd look so stupid in the end and would have Colts behind by a decade. 

behind by a decade? That’s an extreme opinion… There is no mismanagement of the cap or draft pick spending. It’s not a roster devoid of talent. There are pieces for the next guy to build around. Reading that comment, one would think we are sticking with a guy that’s teams have hardly won a few games a year for most of the last 4 or 5 years, which is far from the case. 

behind by a decade in that they haven’t won a division for a decade? welcome to the nfl. Geez, the Lions went how long again without a playoff win? 

Unusual for a team to stick to a defensive coordinator after a head coaching change?… you think Steichen would have accepted this position if he knew his hands were tied with the coaches he’d be working with? I don’t, at all. If he wanted Bradley gone and to hire his own, Bradley would have been gone… 

He's practically this year's DT version of Isaac Rochelle or Sam Tevi. Except, this time Ballard decided to splurge and gave what should be a depth piece at DT(vet minimum) an actual 2 year 14M contract. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yes , I'm probably 3 mill or so high on that. My bad

Yeah only the top 3 picks will count against the top 51.

And almost $1m out of each of those contracts will drop a guy down.

$5,591,110(top 3 picks total)

-$2.94m(drops off top 51)

$2.6m range we need to save for draft picks.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

He's practically this year's DT version of Isaac Rochelle or Sam Tevi. Except, this time Ballard decided to splurge and gave what should be a depth piece at DT(vet minimum) an actual 2 year 14M contract. 

Check market value man. He got a little less than what he probably should have. 

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Of course he does. He's basically said it.

I think I'm about done with Ballard and his obsession with mediocre trench players. When you are this obsessed with the trenches one would think at least our OL and DL would be amazing. We are paying 40M+ for our DTs. What are we talking about? Is this 2024 or 1974? 

• Like 3

All I know is DT was the thinnest positions on the roster coming into this week.

Got a little fatter last couple days.

Not to concerned over Davis contract.

We needed to beef up DT and we have done that.

• Like 4

Just now, w87r said:

All I know is DT was the thinnest positions on the roster coming into this week.

In the words of @PrincetonTiger 

It will be okay.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

Don’t use logic here. It’s not accepted by most. 

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

Not impressed really.  Did they lose any of their own players?  Curious.

Singletary and I think a linebacker or a different defense of player. Not sure about anyone else

• Thanks 1

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Singletary and I think a linebacker or a different defense of player. Not sure about anyone else

Greenard 

Schultz was already there 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Still don't think it was from us though 

Wouldn’t surprise me. Didn’t that happen a year or two ago too where we were the highest bidder and the player chose to go back closer to his home town?

Just now, csmopar said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Didn’t that happen a year or two ago too where we were the highest bidder and the player chose to go back closer to his home town?

Chris Reed who went back to Minnesota.

• Thanks 1