Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick #92 is...TY Hilton (merge)

WesurehavesomeLuck

This guy has chronic hamstring issues. We already had that with Anthony Gonzalez. I dont think we needed to trade up to get it again.

Yea, I remember his hamstrings are held together with duct tape and rubber bands according to UIF paper, also he fumbles ALL THE TIME.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so jealous when Randle went to the Giants. He was my top realistic WR I thought we would target and I thought we was going to get him in round 3...one pick...getting Hilton was my fall back in the 4th round...guess I can't be too sad. I will be honest I didn't see us taking 3 offensive players today. I did see us taking one TE and figured we would take another late. Guess I thought we might see corner or dt help but I'm not going to complain about what we did. We have 3 definate starters addresse..and Hilton will likely fight to be #3 reciever and will definately improve our return game.

Now Griggs needs to give Chucky some players to coach up!

So much for thinking they were going to try and build a beastly defense ... :facepalm:

Im sure they will Hawk.

But I like they're trying* to make sure Luck doesnt step into a similar situation as Bradford (no WRs or OL), Ponder (average WRs and awful OL) or Gabbert (no WRs...even though he stinks regardless IMO).

We do need to get some guys tomorrow though for sure.

So much for thinking they were going to try and build a beastly defense ... :facepalm:

Like Warhorse pointed out, they probably want to go through a "feel out" period before investing high picks on D??? Plus, when protections break down TE checkdowns are a new QB's best friend, that is why Rod Chudzinzki and the Panthers got both Shockey and Olsen for Cam Newton, Falcons got Tony Gonzalez for Matt Ryan. Peyton was lucky that he had both Dilger and Pollard on the roster. Luck, not so lucky to start.

But it is not how you start, it is how you finish. :)

Like Warhorse pointed out, they probably want to go through a "feel out" period before investing high picks on D??? Plus, when protections break down TE checkdowns are a new QB's best friend, that is why Rod Chudzinzki and the Panthers got both Shockey and Olsen for Cam Newton, Falcons got Tony Gonzalez for Matt Ryan. Peyton was lucky that he had both Dilger and Pollard on the roster. Luck, not so lucky to start.

But it is not how you start, it is how you finish. :)

VERY good point

Bad pick. A huge :facepalm:

If dude is the real deal in the return game it will be a VERY GOOD pick. The return game has been a "chronic" liability for far too long. Field position is huge in the NFL unless your QB is P. Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

ST's ... any body remember Indy's? This draft thus far is simply filing "glaring needs" yet many complain?

I really like the way this O is going to look this year. All of a sudden Indy has speed on the outside...

I like.

I agree now thinking more rationaly. I wanted a big bad defense too but thinking about it...with the new scheme we don't know what our true needs are. Are our CBs the worst in the league (most likely)...can any of our guys play DT (perhaps). Will our linebackers be ok? (questionable). Well what if we draft upshaw early but Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes play lights out? What if we go DT early but Nevis and Moala play great. We just don't know who will play well. We may think Angerer or our DT are ok but maybe they aren't. We just don't know. What we did know was we have one hurt TE...two WRs, never had a kick returner and no qb. Well we fixed all those offensive problems at least. Perhaps we feel our tackle/guard issues aren't so bad. Perhaps Hughes has a pulse? We just got to take a chance....but we couldn't at TE and I understand that. Not flashy picks but addresses issues.

I really like the way this O is going to look this year. All of a sudden Indy has speed on the outside...

That assumes Avery can play the whole year to have team speed.

Otherwise, I see T.Y.Hilton playing more on bubble screens and in and out of the WR rotation like the Steelers' speedsters. :)

I do not expect high level of playing time for T.Y.Hilton in year 1 as a WR, just my hunch. He will see more time as a returner.

I agree now thinking more rationaly. I wanted a big bad defense too but thinking about it...with the new scheme we don't know what our true needs are. Are our CBs the worst in the league (most likely)...can any of our guys play DT (perhaps). Will our linebackers be ok? (questionable). Well what if we draft upshaw early but Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes play lights out? What if we go DT early but Nevis and Moala play great. We just don't know who will play well. We may think Angerer or our DT are ok but maybe they aren't. We just don't know. What we did know was we have one hurt TE...two WRs, never had a kick returner and no qb. Well we fixed all those offensive problems at least. Perhaps we feel our tackle/guard issues aren't so bad. Perhaps Hughes has a pulse? We just got to take a chance....but we couldn't at TE and I understand that. Not flashy picks but addresses issues.

I agree but these picks will prove to be flashy. I think were going to have a very creative play book.

If dude is the real deal in the return game it will be a VERY GOOD pick. The return game has been a "chronic" liability for far too long. Field position is huge in the NFL unless your QB is P. Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

ST's ... any body remember Indy's? This draft thus far is simply filing "glaring needs" yet many complain?

I like.

Avery can play outside, but like they said above. The reports say he's too small to play outside. More of a slot guy that can find a seam and burn you. If he stays healthy, great pick. High character guy too apparently. I always like that.

Avery can play outside, but like they said above. The reports say he's too small to play outside. More of a slot guy that can find a seam and burn you. If he stays healthy, great pick. High character guy too apparently. I always like that.

So Steve Smith is "too small" but.... CAN find a "SEAM" and get loose?

Good Lord people. FAST is FAST..... ABILITY is ABILITY..... The simple threat of SPEED changes an opponents D scheme. Fleener, ALONE set in the slot creates a "nightmare" for D coordinators.. Wayne and Collie on the wings?...

YUMMMMMIE. Andrew is going to get PHAT QUICK? Hopefully real quick.

So Steve Smith is "too small" but.... CAN find a "SEAM" and get loose?

Good Lord people. FAST is FAST..... ABILITY is ABILITY..... The simple threat of SPEED changes an opponents D scheme. Fleener, ALONE set in the slot creates a "nightmare" for D coordinators.. Wayne and Collie on the wings?...

YUMMMMMIE. Andrew is going to get PHAT QUICK? Hopefully real quick.

I'm not sure how you took that as I don't like him. That's just what the reports say. We'll see where he plays during the season. I really don't even care where he plays as long as he produces.

and I'm not sure what this means, "So Steve Smith is "too small" but.... CAN find a "SEAM" and get loose?" because I said he'll find seams and burn defenses.

I am sure Pagano will shape up things some on defense.. Nobody is expecting us to be the Baltimore Ravens defense over night.

From some of the posts I've read, quite a few people around here are expecting us to be the Ravens defense over night.

We are going to be picking high for a few years, people. What we don't address early this year will be addressed at some point. But we also have a #1 overall investment to protect, and if that means drafting a few offensive players before we get to our defense, then so be it.

We are going to be picking high for a few years, people.

I'm not so sure about that anymore. People are so consumed with the awkward choice of two early TE's, they aren't understanding how talented these guys are, nor what this luxury will mean to Luck. We may well be able to compete at a much higher level than previously thought.

We just gotta stay healthy on that O-line. I see a very dynamic offensive infrastructure that has taken place with breakneck speed.

From some of the posts I've read, quite a few people around here are expecting us to be the Ravens defense over night.

We are going to be picking high for a few years, people. What we don't address early this year will be addressed at some point. But we also have a #1 overall investment to protect, and if that means drafting a few offensive players before we get to our defense, then so be it.

No, Indy will not. In fact Indy will be picking mid pack NEXT season.

Had the genius Polian started O over P last year Manning is still Indy's QB.

No, Indy will not. In fact Indy will be picking mid pack NEXT season.

Had the genius Polian started O over P last year Manning is still Indy's QB.

I agree. We are not as bad as our record last year. Dismal QB play for a good part of the season was a big part of that. Improved coaching will help as well. Luck will have a learning curve for sure but the Bengals and Panthers proved last year that rookies can make an immediate impact.

I agree. We are not as bad as our record last year. Dismal QB play for a good part of the season was a big part of that. Improved coaching will help as well. Luck will have a learning curve for sure but the Bengals and Panthers proved last year that rookies can make an immediate impact.

Yep, with a little help from their "friends"...

BRILLIANT!

A purely offensive draft to this point on the back of the highest rated QB to be drafted since John Elway.

Good night, colts fans. Ima go to bed with visions of 30+ points per game dancing in my head.

He's terrible worst play ever! I can run faster, he's not a legitimate wide receiver nor a special teams guys at all! Fire Grigson! Just watch this video, he's terrible.

I'm kidding btw...look at 1:40 on he's a horrible receiver he can't catch the ball.

He's terrible worst play ever! I can run faster, he's not a legitimate wide receiver nor a special teams guys at all! Fire Grigson! Just watch this video, he's terrible.

God I hate how he keeps breaking tackles, making amazing catches, and running into the end zone. darn him!

(Side note: All highlight videos make players look amazing. But, I do like the pick.)

God I hate how he keeps breaking tackles, making amazing catches, and running into the end zone. darn him!

(Side note: All highlight videos make players look amazing. But, I do like the pick.)

I know I hate players that run into the end zone, we need more that run into the opposite end zone! It's all about safeties! I do agree highlight videos make players look amazing but the good news is we are surrounding Luck with talent. Got a player here who can be a legit WR + ST guy. Good pick. Hearing people like Kurt Warner and draft analyst say the Colts are having a great draft, I'll have to take their word for it.

On the outside WR Reggie Wayne + WR Donnie Avery.

In the slot WR Austin Collie + WR T.Y. Hilton.

Two catching TE's in TE Coby Fleener + TE Dwayne Allen.

HOW can this not be good? Speed guys to spread the field and somehow create mismatch for the D. Furthermore a two catching tight end spread will create reliability for Luck both in protection and the passing game. Even more importantly, this will help in play action. If they are confident in the O-line thus far, they've done a tremendous job for Andrew.

Now go D and O-line with the next five picks, and I'm thrilled.

5th CB Omar Bolden

6th OG Joe Looney

7th NT Nick Jean-Baptiste

7th OLB Emmanuel Acho

7th WR Chris Owusu

I'd be thrilled with that and expect next years draft to go D earlier.

Marvin Harrison was 6' 0" 173lbs...this kid is 5' 10" and 160lbs. He's faster but his hands aren't quite as soft. He has also fumbled a few times...usually after a hit. I'm a little concerned about his size, but his speed is ridiculous and he does seem to be both a good route runner and have better hands than Garcon. What I like most is what they say about his work ethic and character. If he can avoid getting hurt, he could be a real weapon.

He sounds like a guy that will open up the middle for the new TE's to get open underneath.

I'd have like some defense, but apparently this year's early rounds are all about getting Luck some weapons....which may not be a bad way to go either.

I don't see why there is any hate for this pick, this guy is:

-fast and we are talking really fast

-a great returner

-good hands

-a good route runner

and we got him in the 3rd?

we have a QB who is just starting out, he is going to need weapons and a good starting field position...and this guy brings a helping hand to both.

I think this is a smart pick for a team like ours, who needs to set up a new offensive plan.

a decent DB and NT in the later rounds and im happy.

Physical little feller, ain't he? Not to play into hyperbole, but his physicality, speed and movement bears a striking resemblance to Steve Smith (CAR). Anyone else seeing this?

As for the reach to get him; Word gets around the grapevine during the combine and throughout the scouting process. I imagine that Grigs was afraid someone would grab him up. If they identify a player as desirable, than it is incumbent upon them to take that player. All we lost was a 5th round pick for him, as they were obviously gonna take him with the 4th round pick. A 5th round pick would be a bargain for this trade up if he is what they think he is.

I hope you are all aware we are repeating the last 14 years of mistakes going offense like crazy and defense very little, I mean we traded a 4th round pick for a speed guy whos a punt returner when we already have a speed guy in Avery which likely cost us Ta'amu and would be close to a miracle if it dont and if it costs us Ta'amu surely Baptiste isnt far behind

haha i love some of these reactions......i will give Grigson and Pagano the benefit of the doubt. They are the talent evaluators, and we have to trust their judgment. I was reading in the star the article about this receiver and it was mentioned that grigs also picked desean jackson. Stats, size, and overall game is what Hilton reminds the reader of. We can only hope.

You can kind of see what the brain trust is doing here. they are building an offense which IMO was totally gutted. I don't think are defense is going to be as bad as everyone thinks, plus we have alot more picks yet for players.......this is really fun to watch the transformation.

I love this pick! I have seen this guy live against Louisville and he was a one man wrecking crew. This guy torched the Louisville secondary and typically U of L has good, quick corners. I know it was against U of L but I was hoping to get him or Randle. Ive seen too many people on here judge before actually doing some homework on players. Believe me this guy will stretch the field.

We didnt even move for a starting wide receiver the guy will be a punt returner and kick returner and how often are those returned with the new rules? its gonna cost us one of the last Corners left and Ta'amu Im sure of it, I just hope it dont cost us Baptiste to with the way the draft has been going

Hmm. Whilst I'd have liked Defense...

It's good that we've put weapons around Luck NOW. We're not going to win many games now anyway, so why spend every pick on D? Pagano + Manusky are experienced Defensive coaches. I'd anticipate our D looking like:

Bethea - Zbikowski

New Cornerback -------------- Powers

Freeney - Angerer - Conner - Mathis

Moala - McKinney - Redding

And our offense:

Wayne - Allen - Castonzo - Reitz - Satele - Ijalana - Justice - Fleener - Collie/Hilton

Luck

Brown

I genuinely don't think it's that bad. We have to draft a corner and I'm hoping a guy like Leonard Johnson makes it to Round 5, but I think we could be in worse shape.

Love the pick, but the guy is mainly a KR. And hardly anyone returns kicks anymore.

He's too small to be a full time guy, but should provide a heck of a spark.

He and Fleener and Avery... speed kills!

Seems like Marvin was a pretty small guy,seems he did alright.

We didnt even move for a starting wide receiver the guy will be a punt returner and kick returner and how often are those returned with the new rules? its gonna cost us one of the last Corners left and Ta'amu Im sure of it, I just hope it dont cost us Baptiste to with the way the draft has been going

Starting field position off of change-of-possession (punts) killed us last year, as we sat near the bottom of the league. Lefeged was abhorrent and indecisive in his returns, often stashing us well inside the 15 yard line.