Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Texans at Colts plus injury reports

We need every one on board.  We need Nelson Smith and Kelly and our O line to play with passion.  We need Moore to play because of how versatile he is. 

Looking forward to being there and us fans need to be deafening when they have the ball 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Tomorrow will be interesting to see the Texans final injury report. That’s a bad injury report. I expect they will have a lot of questionables. I can if they play that’s a lot of players playing injured.

Most of there injuries are not serious I bet. This is a must win playoff game. I can see them playing injured. Now if this in the middle of the season most would sit out. This generation of players sit out with the littlest injury. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Most of there injuries are not serious I bet. This is a must win playoff game. I can see them playing injured. Now if this in the middle of the season most would sit out. This generation of players sit out with the littlest injury. 

Either way, this is the biggest game we have had in years 

• Like 1

Biggest game of the entire year coming up! We absolutely best whoop those Texans…Gus better get his crap together and call his best game of the year…he’s been a letdown most of the year.

Steichen better be on his best game plan also, it’s a playoff game he better throw in some unique plays and learn to take advantage of things as they are working.

Im so excited for this game but I’m also terrified I’ll be completely let down. 

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

What was Crosby stats again. 😂 

I was debating whether to post that because of the language but it’s hillarious. Then when Minshew says he is only smell on the field made me laugh so hard.

13 minutes ago, Shepman said:

If the game ends in a tie and Jacksonville losses would we get 4th seed since we beat Texans earlier this year?

I believe so 

This is the biggest game since the 2021 season when the Colts crapped the bed Vs the Jaguars in a must win to try and get into the playoffs. Can't have that happen again. People on the forum will disagree with me, but this game will determine whether this season is a success or a failure. We win, we are playing with house money in the playoffs. We lose, and it's like 2021 all over again in the sense that we choke in the final game and miss the playoffs by one game. Have to win. No excuses. Can't be satisfied with a 9-8 record if we lose. We put ourselves in a position where a win gets us in the playoffs. Now we have to capitalize. Expectations are big now.

• Like 3

Udklip.JPG.284a2e151409f56d377348fddf2a17fc.JPG

Not a lot of faith from the Around the NFL staff

The last time these teams clashed was all the way back in Week 2, when the Colts prevailed 31-20. The Week 18 versions of these clubs are completely different, as Texans head coach DeMeco Ryans stated earlier this week. C.J. Stroud has proven to be one of the more consistent quarterbacks this season with a 21:5 TD-to-INT ratio, which leads all qualified QBs, per NFL Research. That consistency could be in jeopardy against a Colts D that pressured Stroud a season-high 25 times in their last outing. Not to mention, Stroud is 2-4 with just four pass TDs in road games. In my eyes, though, the Texans are the better team right now with a top-five run defense that should keep the Jonathan Taylor-led Colts' rushing attack at bay and an opportunistic pass defense -- albeit, a banged-up one -- that could make Gardner Minshew pay if he's not careful. Texans win. They’re in!

We just need to play our best regardless of who id playing for Houston.

1. No turnovers 

2. The offensive line needs to be nasty and control the line

3. The defensive line needs to play smart and confuse Stroud and hit him as many times possible 

4. Pierce and Cox needs to step up

5. special teams need to play smart and flip the field 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is the biggest game since the 2021 season when the Colts crapped the bed Vs the Jaguars in a must win to try and get into the playoffs. Can't have that happen again. People on the forum will disagree with me, but this game will determine whether this season is a success or a failure. We win, we are playing with house money in the playoffs. We lose, and it's like 2021 all over again in the sense that we choke in the final game and miss the playoffs by one game. Have to win. No excuses. Can't be satisfied with a 9-8 record if we lose. We put ourselves in a position where a win gets us in the playoffs. Now we have to capitalize. Expectations are big now.

I disagree.  Just about everyone on this forum picked the Colts to barley win 4 games.   Therefor, this season has been a huge success and a stepping stone to more positive seasons ahead. I'm thinking another 10 year straight 10 plus wins every season. 

Enjoy the ride Saturday and next week. 

• Like 6

Can't disagree more.  Win or lose it was a great season without our QB1.  Had our ups and downs, but we are facing a good team in the Texans.

• Like 6

You're right about one thing - people on the forum will disagree with you, lol!

By your logic, if we win Saturday but lose in the playoff game, the season wouldn't be a success.  Take it further, and the season wouldn't be a success without a SB?  Again, using your logic.

You might be surprised but I disagree with you and this take. 

They can lose on Saturday and we can be disappointed with the outcome but look on the season as a success. Hell, they’ve already won 5 more games than they did last year. By any measure that is a successful season. 

I also look at it from my own personal enjoyment which has been infinitely more fun this year over last. I look at watching the Colts play and going to games as a privilege and 9 times I have turned off the TV or walked out of the stadium with a great feeling. I’ve also had fun at games they lost as well. I’ve seen the future with this team and it looks bright. 

Long story short - the success of this season is not dependent on the outcome of the Texans game to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

By your logic, if we win Saturday but lose in the playoff game, the season wouldn't be a success.  Take it further, and the season wouldn't be a success without a SB?  Again, using your logic.

I've said a lot that I just want to get in the playoffs every year and have a chance. That's a success to me. I've also said that Ballard has to make a SB at some point to be a successful GM to me. That's also true. You have to make the playoffs to have a chance to win the SB. 

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I once debated with a co-worker who would have rather the Colts lose in the AFCCG than to lose in the Super Bowl. For the life of me I could not understand that logic. 

The two weeks leading up to the big game are awesome, damn near magical. That is two more weeks of fun, of having something to look forward to - to have hope. And as Andy Dufresne said to Red in The Shawshank Redemption - “hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.”

Kind of like Tennyson said - better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. 

Off my soap box now

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I once debated with a co-worker who would have rather the Colts lose in the AFCCG than to lose in the Super Bowl. For the life of me I could not understand that logic. 

The two weeks leading up to the big game are awesome, damn near magical. That is two more weeks of fun, of having something to look forward to - to have hope. And as Andy Dufresne said to Red in The Shawshank Redemption - “hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.”

Kind of like Tennyson said - better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. 

Off my soap box now

Getting to the SB, win or lose, is an accomplishment that only two teams can claim every season.  It's literally the penultimate feat.  

I can understand (a bit) all those people who wanted us to lose out to get a high draft pick.  They wrote off the season when AR5 went down.

But I don't care what's on the line as far as draft picks, or how unimportant the game is, I want the team to win.  I was at the Jets game in 2009 when they pulled Manning and other starters and tanked the game.  Made me almost sick to my stomach.

Like Herm said - You play to win the game.

Keep preaching @jskinnz!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It would be great if we won the AFC South so people can shut up about Ballard never winning a division title. We need a win and the Jags to lose to the Titans for that happen though. Having said that, if we win Saturday, I will be really pleased with this season no matter what happens in the playoffs.

• Like 2