Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay's Interview - "Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumbel"

sb41champs

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Even if he says it, who cares. This is much ado over nothing

I was just responding to you because you wrote in capital letters that he never said it. You asked me to watch the video. I went and watched it and I replied to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And 1st Take is definitely trash. I’ve never liked Stephen A for his nonsense agendas. 

Funny to hear him rate something in the top 10 of dumbest takes ever.

He clearly doesn't listen to himself back then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, w87r said:

Nearly all of his takes would easily fill the top 10. 

Alright. I’ve said my piece on billionaires and fools on media. I’m done with this topic I think. Probably best to just let it fade away. I’ve got enough problems with my own life to worry about Irsay. Take care everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Nearly all of his takes would easily fill the top 10. 

Alright. I’ve said my piece on billionaires and fools on media. I’m done with this topic I think. Probably best to just let it fade away. I’ve got enough problems with my own life to worry about Irsay. Take care everyone.

I think I’m gonna do the same. While I donot know him on a close level,  I worked for Jim Irsay and have met him on more than one occasion. As a black man, ive never felt more welcome at an employer than in my time working for mr Irsays Colts security team. I wish Mr Irsay the best and he is not a racist person by any means, any stretch or any twisting. 

happy thanksgiving everyone 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And when @w87r tells me he doesn’t like the Carmel police, THAT gets my attention!    

Yeah, about that. My boss who’s Caucasian, rarely says much politically and when he says African Americans don’t get a fair shake with the Carmel police, I’ve to pay attention because he lives there and I don’t.

Then I had an African American guest speaker at my church make a quick snarky reference to Carmel cops too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't watch that show hardly at all anymore. I hadn't watched it in almost 2 weeks until this Irsay stuff came up. So, I had to go back and watch the video of what he and Kim Martin said. It had me SMH but it should not surprise me. Malika Andrews is the worse, she got Jalen Rose fired and bashes guys constantly. Their Moderator, Molly once said I hope the Bucks don't make the Finals, I am too good to be seen in Milwaukee and that it is crappy place. She was helping covering the Finals. That was back in 2021. I am glad Giannis made her eat her words. 

Stephen A. once said Peyton Manning didn't deserve a statue outside of LOS because he only won 1 SB. They had a panel of I think 4 other people that day and they all looked at him like he was on something. 1 person even walked off the set, Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. That may be his worst take ever considering Peyton was more successful than any other QB other than Tom Brady when you factor in MVP's and overall wins. He also brought the Colts their only Championship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I don’t even hate Jim. Besides all of this crazy tweeting I still think he’s a decent owner. But I’m not going to agree with his life being more difficult compared someone like my father, who was in and out of rehab but was unable to get help once the insurance said no. 

Getting rehab 15 times is a luxury most people don’t have. I just can’t feel sorry for someone who can literally make a lot of problems go away with money. 

the reason rich people tend to go to rehab multiple times is because their money allows them to not hit rock bottom. I don’t think they should get any credit for going to rehab multiple times. I knew a multi millionaire that would drink vodka all day and wake up at might to get a drink he was so addicted to it. He owned a business and could get by because of his money until his health got so bad his doctor said he would be dead in months if he didn’t stop drinking. Well guess what, he stopped drinking! 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

don't watch that show hardly at all anymore. I hadn't watched it in almost 2 weeks until this Irsay stuff came up

The only thing I watch on ESPN is:

College football

College basketball

NFL

NBA

Spelling Bee(it left ESPN couple years back)

Occasionally a MLB game.

I don't watch any of their commentary shows(outside of occasional NFL Countdown).(probably been a good 5-8 years at least).

Hate all of it, the only one that was ever decent was Pardon the Interruption.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

The only thing I watch on ESPN is:

College football

College basketball

NFL

NBA

Spelling Bee(it left ESPN couple years back)

Occasionally a MLB game.

I don't watch any of their commentary shows(outside of occasional NFL Countdown).(probably been a good 5-8 years at least).

Hate all of it, the only one that was ever decent was Pardon the Interruption.

I have ESPN because of Monday Night Football + they show some MLB, NBA, and College Football/Basketball as well. Same as you pretty much :thmup:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think I’m gonna do the same. While I donot know him on a close level,  I worked for Jim Irsay and have met him on more than one occasion. As a black man, ive never felt more welcome at an employer than in my time working for mr Irsays Colts security team. I wish Mr Irsay the best and he is not a racist person by any means, any stretch or any twisting. 

happy thanksgiving everyone 

No one here said he was racist. What he said was not racist. He just gave his impression on why he was arrested. He did not say anything against a group of people, not even the cops. He said he was singled out because he is a public figure who happens to be rich.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The media loves to create stories. I have never been someone against the media, but I hate when they blow things out of proportion. What he said is not a big deal. I think he has a big heart and just says what's on his mind.

This is disappointing on the part of the media.

There are things I've come to learn about the media, and once you know them you can't unknow them. Many of us reach an age where we are careful what we put in our bodies, we try to eat right and live right, and extend our lives. The thing is what we put in our minds is even more important and media + advertising drives a lot of that. Any media (especially mainstream) should be consumed with extreme care. It has its uses but largely the media is a vicious whale.

I have no disappointment but only because I expect it. Irsay knows the game, I'm not sure how he got suckered into this. 

• Like 1

People are saying cops (it doesn’t matter where) are targeting people by race, gender, wealth, religion, etc. I know a lot of cops, and they target people breaking the law! If they are working an area that there are black drug dealers, guess what, they will be people they think may be dealing the drugs. If the area has Hispanic drug dealers, that’s who will be targeted. If the area has white drug dealers, that’s what will be targeted. Is there a very rare bad cop, yes, just like doctors, lawyers, religious leaders, politicians, rich, poor, etc.

I don't know much about the arrest but had questions about the "rich white billionaire" comment.

1) How did the cops know he was a rich white billionaire? Was he driving an expensive car ?  Also why does a billionaire not have a driver ?

2) Were the cops that arrested him black ?  I was thinking why would a white cop profile him ? He seems to say he was a victim of racism so maybe black cops profiled him and pulled him over ?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, husker61 said:

the reason rich people tend to go to rehab multiple times is because their money allows them to not hit rock bottom. I don’t think they should get any credit for going to rehab multiple times. I knew a multi millionaire that would drink vodka all day and wake up at might to get a drink he was so addicted to it. He owned a business and could get by because of his money until his health got so bad his doctor said he would be dead in months if he didn’t stop drinking. Well guess what, he stopped drinking! 

Hence why his wealth is a luxury. They can afford to avoid rock bottom as you say because they can afford it. 

My family doesn’t have that luxury. My dad ran out of money and hit rock bottom. My cousin ran out of money and ended up dead. Yes, the causes are their own doing, but the wealthy can get a do-over more easily if they want. 

Alright hopefully I’m done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Go watch the actual video and tell me when he says the word white…

I’ve now seen the entire video twice now.   Irsay definitely says it.   The reporter even repeats it back to him and says do you know what that sounds like?   And that’s when Irsay says I don’t care what it sounds like, the truth is the truth.  

Irsay says it, even if he mumbles his word.  

9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Happy Thanksgiving forum!

I'll exit this thread with this: I hope Jim Irsay's daughters have been paying close, careful attention to EVERYTHING over the years.

that could be good or bad. They can take after him or avoid what he did. You never know how a child will turn out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, husker61 said:

People are saying cops (it doesn’t matter where) are targeting people by race, gender, wealth, religion, etc. I know a lot of cops, and they target people breaking the law! If they are working an area that there are black drug dealers, guess what, they will be people they think may be dealing the drugs. If the area has Hispanic drug dealers, that’s who will be targeted. If the area has white drug dealers, that’s what will be targeted. Is there a very rare bad cop, yes, just like doctors, lawyers, religious leaders, politicians, rich, poor, etc.

Lol. I love how you singled out some but not all. SMH. What about white drug dealers? Never mind; you probably think that is non-existent.

I better exit before I ban myself.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I love how you singled out some but not all. SMH. What about white drug dealers? Never mind; you probably think that is non-existent.

I better exit before I ban myself.

read My ENTIRE post again, not just the part you want to read! Then you can apologize.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, about that. My boss who’s Caucasian, rarely says much politically and when he says African Americans don’t get a fair shake with the Carmel police, I’ve to pay attention because he lives there and I don’t.

Then I had an African American guest speaker at my church make a quick snarky reference to Carmel cops too.

the Carmel police are bad all the way around. They’ve used excessive force on a white buddy of mine for no reason that only got stopped because the sherif showed up and put him in his cruiser to PROTECT HIM. After that, they pull him over every time they get the chance just to harass him. Just a bad precinct. 

wouldn’t be surprised if they did target Irsay. But honestly I wouldn’t know. I’ve been pulled over enough times for traffic violations to do everything by the book. Screw all that. 

32 minutes ago, husker61 said:

read My ENTIRE post again, not just the part you want to read! Then you can apologize.

Thank you for pointing it out. I'm not sure how I missed it. I even went back to check. Strange. I don't usually make that mistake.

My apologies.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think someone posted a clip here.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm heading to your state to celebrate the holiday with my family there.

Thanks, have a great holiday as well.

Have you been back since the snow angel game vs the NYG in January ??

I recall we were one of the few fans rooting for the Colts... Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Thanks, have a great holiday as well.

Have you been back since the snow angel game vs the NYG in January ??

I recall we were one of the few fans rooting for the Colts... Lol

Your state? I'm there all the time. My brother lives in Central NJ and my sister resides just over the river. I was in Somerville on Saturday and by Hoboken on Sunday. I love walking along the Harbor. We had a great time.

As for games at Met Life, I went to the Commanders at Giants game in mid October this year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love that he threatened to sue 1st take. They cater to a certain crowd and say stuff that is false all the time. What they said about Irsay is defamation and that talk show is the most watched on ESPN so millions are seeing it. Alcohol was not involved, illegal drugs were not involved during Irsay's arrest like they said. The drugs he was taking were prescribed pain killers by his doctor for his back. Hence the DUI. Should he have been driving - no, and he got a DUI, much deserved. Millions of people have had DUIs or DWIs. I have had 3 family members alone get 1. You can have 2 beers with dinner and get 1, that is the drinking part which Irsay didn't even do. Doesn't make you bad person.

I would argue the entire saga with the dead woman in Irsay’s property that he thought for her  makes him a bad guy, but that’s just me.

51 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

I would argue the entire saga with the dead woman in Irsay’s property that he thought for her  makes him a bad guy, but that’s just me.

Explain the facts to me about that? I know you are a Pats fan so you don't even want to get me started about Kraft and underage girls. So quit while you are behind and don't forget to hide/destroy the video tapes in football where the Pats cheated and in his case getting massagesThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 1

Sometimes I think Irsay is a master ring leader of the circus. He has a way of being the focal point instead of other things. Interesting timing of this dominating the news with the release of Leonard. Could be ironic. Could be a legit distraction to keep the focus on him instead of the coaching staff/management. 

23 hours ago, Superman said:

Irsay had the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law in 2014, and he declined to do so

I think he didnt fight or defend because they only gave him a year of probation, some of which he spent in malibu

If he fought and lost it could have been worse

19 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That is ridiculous, the type of thing rival fans say just to be a hater.  She gets the blame for her own drug use, not Jim Irsay

The problem with some people in today's society, they want to blame everyone else and won't take blame for their own actions. Sad if you ask me. If I screw up, I will own up to it, maybe it was the way I raised. 

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

I think he didnt fight or defend because they only gave him a year of probation, some of which he spent in malibu

If he fought and lost it could have been worse

He didn't fight because he would have lost.   He was guilty.  It doesn't make him a terrible guy.   He did a stupid thing.   Hopefully he learned from it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1