Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

I have a guarded optimism with this franchise

I have VERY tempered expectations for THIS year......

I can remember when we lost in the AFCC game by a bobbled pass in the endzone with Harbaugh as QB

THAT was a barely above average team.... That caught fire

Maybe THIS team can take on the same fire

A guy can hope

The past few years, we found MANY ways to lose the close games.

This coach is doing amazing work...  I give him main credit for the improvement 

Next Year

If we have QB health and development.......

AND sign the top 4 upcoming FAs... (We show to have $90M in Cap)  

AND add some dynamics at WR

AND add a LB that can cover and add some plays

AND Add some depth

This team could be playing in the SB ........ NEXT year

We can get the needs from the draft, but may need to make that 1 splash FA signing.... DE

Excuse me......  Just dropped one of my pom poms   :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I can remember when we lost in the AFCC game by a bobbled pass in the endzone with Harbaugh as QB

A guy can hope

Next Year

AND Add some depth

We can get the needs from the draft, but may need to make that 1 splash FA signing.... DE

Alot of folks here thought the true blue fans were crazy to say we wernt that far off from competing, even with last year's terrible season. The talent has been there. Just needed a spark to catch flame. Thank you Steichen for being that spark.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

A guy can hope

Next Year

AND Add some depth

Sis-boom-bah.  Rah-rah-rah!  :cheer2:

great post!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I commented this on a YouTube video. The Colts aren’t out of the division race and shouldn’t act like it. Yes they’re 2 games behind but why act like the division is lost? Aim high. 

Heck, the Colts are only 2 games out of the #1 seed.

• Like 4

It may be a blessing that AR is out for his first year given the success rate of other QBs that did not start their first season. There are exceptions Luck being one but Luck's work at Stanford prepared him the style of the NFL, not true of AR. Minshew is a gift.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already won at Baltimore with Mustache and that was without Taylor. Who knows. I don't think any team is unbeatable. Chiefs even look mortal. 

Chiefs are 8-4 hopefully we won't have to see them in the SB. I think Baltimore owns the AFC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, w87r said:

I think the Chiefs miss Bieniemy.

Matt Nagy isn't doing to well in his return.

its not uncommon. I think the eagles miss Steichen too. Sometimes a change takes more than an offseason to get comfortable. 

I’ll reserve judgment on Nagy until I see what they look like next season. They could easily win the whole thing again, I’ll never count out #15 and Andy Reid. Especially with the defense they have this year. But they seem like a team that could be an early exit by upset too… 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

In the end it doesn’t really matter if colts are 6 or 7 because browns play jags and colts have Steelers in two weeks. Just beat Bengals.

agreed. One game at a time is what it will take. 

someone always gets hot at the end. Right now, we have that head start with a favorable schedule. Keep it rolling. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I picked the Ravens to win the SB before the season started. That was a signature win by us when we beat them there. I don't think it was a fluke either after watching us play the last 4 weeks. 

I think we could make super bowl if minshew protects the ball and another team knocks out Jacksonville 

• Like 1

Seems like the four division winners is pretty clear. Question will be  who gets those last 4 spots. Colts and Texans both a good chance to make it. Those 3 spots are open. Would be funny if colts took Texans chance away in week 18. 

If things play out next few weeks perfect colts could actually wrap up a playoff spot with 2 games to go.

15 hours ago, w87r said:

Updated after SNF.

Also updated SoS + SoV

Have the Cheifs played a road playoff game since Mahomes took over? I’m thinking they’ve been the 1 seed every year.

15 hours ago, w87r said:

Updated after SNF.

Also updated SoS + SoV

Have the Cheifs played a road playoff game since Mahomes took over? I’m thinking they’ve been the 1 seed every year.

20 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

Never played road playoff game, outside of neutral site SB(except Tampa Bay's home SB game)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

its not uncommon. I think the eagles miss Steichen too. Sometimes a change takes more than an offseason to get comfortable. 

I’ll reserve judgment on Nagy until I see what they look like next season. They could easily win the whole thing again, I’ll never count out #15 and Andy Reid. Especially with the defense they have this year. But they seem like a team that could be an early exit by upset too… 

The Eagles most definitely have missed Steichen, I fill like they should be like 7-4 at best. They are very fortunate to be 10-2 right now.

I'm counting Nagy's HC experience against him too, that was a travesty.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Chiefs are 8-4 hopefully we won't have to see them in the SB. I think Baltimore owns the AFC.

I would agree, but we did beat Baltimore. The Chiefs have no weapons outside of Kelce and we’ve shown we can beat Mahomes. The Bills aren’t the same this year and the Bengals are down without Burrow. However, I don’t see us in any scenario getting past that electric Miami offense, especially with their receivers matched up against our DBs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will just be watching to see the Bengals QB tonight. Jags should win pretty easy. We need jags to keep winning.

As a Bengals fan, I can tell you that he probably will not beat anyone the rest of this year. He is simply not good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will just be watching to see the Bengals QB tonight. Jags should win pretty easy. We need jags to keep winning.

Or keep losing.

I think I'm going to run through a simulation of playoff contenders final 5 games and see how it plays out.

2 games back of Division and #1 Seed. Neither is out of the question right now, if we can keep winning.

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

there's work to be done

A lot of work to be done.

3-2 is probably good enough though.(almost a lock if 1 of those 2 is to Atlanta)

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Or keep losing.

I think I'm going to run through a simulation of playoff contenders final 5 games and see how it plays out.

2 games back of Division and #1 Seed. Neither is out of the question right now, if we can keep winning.

A lot of work to be done.

3-2 is probably good enough though.(almost a lock if 1 of those 2 is to Atlanta)

No I don’t want jags losing. They aren’t losing 3 of their last 6. We do not want Texans winning the division. Thst hurts colts playoff chances.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-3, 4-1, 6-2(Bengals, @Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 7-5 , 3-2, 5-3(@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 7-5, 1-2, 4-3(@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6(@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Dolphins 9-3, 3-1, 6-2, .393, .303 (Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

2. Ravens 9-3, 3-2, 6-3, .503, .477 (Rams, @Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

*3. Jaguars 8-3, 4-1, 6-2, .553, .510 (Bengals, @Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

4. Chiefs 8-4, 3-1, 6-1, .545, .495 (Bills, @PatriotsRaiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

5. Steelers 7-5, 3-1, 5-3, .531, .506 (Patriots, @Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

6. Browns 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .542, .524 (Jaguars, Bears, @Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

7. Colts 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .465, .381 (@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 7-5, 1-2, 4-3, .493, .470 (@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Broncos 6-6, 1-2, 3-5, .510, .514 (@Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bills 6-6, 2-2, 3-5, .462, .425 (@Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

*11. Bengals 5-6, 0-4, 1-6, .549, .492 (@Jaguars, Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

12. Chargers 5-7, 1-1, 3-4, .521, .350 (Broncos, @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

13. Raiders 5-7, 1-2, 3-5, .486, .367 (Vikings, Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Not Officially Out:

14. Jets 4-8, 1-3, 2-6, .528, .542 (Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .362 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

16. Patriots 2-10, 2-2, 2-5, .531, .417 (@Steelers, Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets

Win

Loss

Just for some fun, went through and picked winners for the conference.

Current Order: (current record)-(remaining 5 games simulation)-(final record)

1. Dolphins (9-3)-(2-3)-(11-6)

2. Ravens (9-3)-(4-1)-(13-4)

3. Jaguars (8-3)-(2-4)-(10-7)

4. Chiefs (8-4)-(5-0)-(13-4)

5. Steelers (7-5)-(1-4)-(8-9)

6. Browns (7-5)-(4-1)-(11-6)

7. Colts (7-5)-(4-1)-(11-6)

8. Texans (7-5)-(4-1)-(11-6)

9. Broncos (6-6)-(4-1)-(10-7)

10. Bills (6-6)-(3-2)-(9-8)

11. Bengals (5-6)-(0-6)-(5-12)

12. Chargers (5-7)-(1-4)-(6-11)

13. Raiders (5-7)-(0-5)-(5-12)

14. Jets (4-8)-(2-3)-(6-11)

15. Titans (4-8)-(2-3)-(6-11)

16. Patriots (2-10)-(1-4)-(3-14)

**** for the record I'm not saying any of this is going to happen, just went through game by game and picked a winner. Here are the results.

New AFC South Standings:(I think, quick look)

1. Texans 11-6

2. Colts 11-6

3. Jaguars 10-7

4 Texans 6-11

New AFC Standings:

1. Chiefs 13-4

2. Ravens 13-4

3. Dolphins or Texans 11-6

4 Texans or Dolphins 11-6

5. Browns 11-6

6. Colts 11-6

7. Jags or Broncos 10-7

Going through this, is seems as if the Jags beating the Browns would be more beneficial to us.

I had all teams (6-9) go 4-1 over the last 5.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

The final game against Houston will be huge for the Colts but really, each game is.

There is a chance if Houston and Indy keep winning and Steelers and Browns falter colts and Houston could wrap up playoff births with 2 games left. We will see. Bills have a really tough schedule and are getting KC at a good time so we will see how the game goes this weekend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No I don’t want jags losing. They aren’t losing 3 of their last 6. We do not want Texans winning the division. Thst hurts colts playoff chances.

I'm thinking the same as you.  Unless Trevor goes down there's no way they lose 3.

• Like 1