Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Chances Improve…

NewColtsFan

1 hour ago, Superman said:

You're kind of illustrating solid84's point. You're putting a lot of weight on a random early season matchup against a team that was probably a little banged up and looking past a lower level opponent.

And even then, it's one thing to say that we played a good game against Mahomes. It's another thing to think that we have his number. We couldn't even stop Derek Carr...

Also do people forget the Chiefs beat a red hot Colts team in the divisional playoffs in 2018. I even remember some people picking them to beat them leading up to that game. Playoff win> regular season games.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Also do people forget the Chiefs beat a red hot Colts team in the divisional playoffs in 2018. I even remember some people picking them to beat them leading up to that game. Playoff win> regular season games.

Decisively. They beat us by three scores, with Andrew Luck.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wasn’t talking 18. Just the last couple games.

So don't include the game with real stakes in 2018, when we had good QB play, and had won 10 out of 11 games. But do include the Week 5 game from 2019. Kind of arbitrary...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

So don't include the game with real stakes in 2018, when we had good QB play, and had won 10 out of 11 games. But do include the Week 5 game from 2019. Kind of arbitrary...

Not to mention that was years and years ago… both the Chiefs and Colts are way different. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Superman said:

You knew what I meant. Don’t take things so literal. Colts have had good success against KC.  

On 11/28/2023 at 2:44 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

I believe they had to announce 4 weeks in advance in 21. It’s now 12 days. 

my understanding anyways. 

It appears you are right. If they were announcing a move this week for the Colts / Steelers game, it would have happened by now. 

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

If they were announcing a move this week for the Colts / Steelers game,

There is no "move".

It has been TBD on the schedule all season, with no set in time slot.

They will have to announce it at some point.

21 hours ago, Superman said:

It sounds like we agree that the Colts don't have Mahomes' number. 

It’s insane that he’s 0-2 against us in the regular season. 

In fact, we’re the only team he’s never beaten in that regard.

He’s 1-2 against the Bengals and 1-1 against them in the playoffs. 

But against a lot of the other teams he’s Brady-like. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

In fact, we’re the only team he’s never beaten in that regard.

He’s 1-2 against the Bengals and 1-1 against them in the playoffs. 

But against a lot of the other teams he’s Brady-like. 

Thank you. You get it.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

There is no "move".

It has been TBD on the schedule all season, with no set in time slot.

They will have to announce it at some point.

I think I heard we will know Monday.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thank you. You get it.

I think I heard we will know Monday.

Problem is, Mahomes in the playoffs is nearly unbeatable. And we couldn’t win even with Luck. 

So I’d say yes we seem to have their number historically and especially in the regular season.

But to say it’s a lock we can beat them in the playoffs is wishful thinking I’m afraid. 

It could happen, but it would be a historic upset of epic proportions. 

42 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I 100% did not need that explained to me - but thanks. 

Sure seems like you did, and still does, tbh.

You 2 were referring to the NFL flexing a game from its original time slot to primetime.  That is not the circumstances for the Colts/Steelers game, there has never been a time slot for that game. Has always been TBD.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

It appears you are right. If they were announcing a move this week for the Colts / Steelers game, it would have happened by now.

That statement is indicative of a person who needs to be informed about facts of the situation.

So yes, despite the fact that it hasn't happened by now(your words), an announcement will be forth coming about the Colts/Steelers game time slot at some point(my words) soon.

Your post was pretty rude though, and lacks credibility when stating you 100% didn't need that explained to you, yet you were so far off base with your original conclusion. I guess you did say thanks though.....

Anyway, have a good night.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

think I heard we will know Monday.

I think so too. They have to announce with at least 12 days notice and it makes sense that they wait to see results Sunday before making a primetime call. I think we’ll be in the primetime slot because of the Steelers (we’ve played quite a few primetime Steelers games over the last decade it seems.) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Given the team's abysmal prime time record (recently/last season), I'm not sure I want any Colts' game moved to primetime.

:hide:

I prefer to stay out of the spotlight. Have all our games at 1pm on Sunday, and the media not saying a word about us. As of now, hardly nobody in the media brings us up as a team that can make the playoffs and that's good. No pressure on us and we just need to keep winning where eventually, they will say how are the Colts 8-5 or 9-5 if we can keep this streak going. It's us against the world anyway, even a lot of our fanbase think we won't make the playoffs. It doesn't bother me; I think it's great The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- this is most fun I have had since the 2020 season. I think it is funny we keep winning with a backup QB and a rookie HeadCoach because it irritates some out there. 

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Problem is, Mahomes in the playoffs is nearly unbeatable. And we couldn’t win even with Luck. 

So I’d say yes we seem to have their number historically and especially in the regular season.

But to say it’s a lock we can beat them in the playoffs is wishful thinking I’m afraid. 

It could happen, but it would be a historic upset of epic proportions. 

Yeah but every year a team operates with a different roster.  Mahomes is good no doubt but there isn’t a team who will make that playoffs that I don’t think we can beat.  I wouldn’t consider it a historic victory by any stretch of the imagination.  The league is extremely well balanced.  Teams lose with top tier quarterbacks all the time.  If we make it I hope we are healthy and hot coming off a big win against Houston at the end of the season.  That would be our perfect storm.

• Like 1

Yesterday I watched a video of Florio and Simms talking about the Colts chances of making the playoffs.  They focused on the Colts "Blue Line" as the catalyst for our chances.  Resurging back from last year to becoming a top five OL again.  They are leading the way and are particularly effective in the run game.  Complimented the DL too.  Thought it was a cool reference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Given the team's abysmal prime time record (recently/last season), I'm not sure I want any Colts' game moved to primetime.

:hide:

Yeah, Irsay did alot of moaning and growning to get us some prime time games and it was embarrassing. The whole season was but those primetime games were some real low lights.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think so too. They have to announce with at least 12 days notice and it makes sense that they wait to see results Sunday before making a primetime call. I think we’ll be in the primetime slot because of the Steelers (we’ve played quite a few primetime Steelers games over the last decade it seems.) 

If they beat titans I think there is a pretty good bet  it will be the Saturday night game. There are afternoon games too.

On 11/28/2023 at 8:25 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You knew what I meant. Don’t take things so literal. Colts have had good success against KC.  

I've seen you make similar comments several times in the past.   Instead of expecting others to not take what you say literally, why don't you do a better job of saying what you mean. :) 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 9:58 PM, RollerColt said:

I went to their reddit page after our game last year and they were complaining that was the worst team to beat them in the PM era.  I thought they were just being typical salty reddit posters after a loss but did some digging and that statement is probably true after all

They have not even lost that many games for one thing.  The other colts loss would be among the worst teams to beat them too lol

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

I went to their reddit page after our game last year and they were complaining that was the worst team to beat them in the PM era.  I thought they were just being typical salty reddit posters after a loss but did some digging and that statement is probably true after all

They have not even lost that many games for one thing.  The other colts loss would be among the worst teams to beat them too lol

I read PM Era as Peyton Manning not Patrick Mahommes. Maybe the power is in the initials.