Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Chances Improve…

NewColtsFan

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we are to make the playoffs, we are going to have to start using Moss a lot more to keep Taylor fresh. Also need to get the TEs involved as Pierce is garbage at this point and just isn't it. Use the TE's to help block and catch the ball. Some Jet Sweeps would be nice as well to be creative. As far as defense, be more aggressive! This secondary as it is won't be able to hold for over 5 seconds every play. Put pressure on the QB! We probably got our bye week at a good time to get healthy though. I think we have <50% chance of making the playoffs, but it is something.

I have no worries about keeping Taylor fresh.  He missed a quarter of the season and is only now getting his reps with seven games to play.  I would ride him all the way with the occasional rest breaks.  And he got the benefit of the break week as well.  He’s probably the player who is in the best shape among all of them.  No worries about being fresh for me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we pick mid first round say 15-19th or so. There are 2 WRs that have stood out to me that should be there when we pick. That is Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers. Both would be fantastic additions. Marvin will go top 5 IMO, we aren't getting him.

I am with you on those 2

Odunze is almost uncoverable by 1 CB ......  he is that big, dominate WR that this team needs

Nabers has the speed and quickness to take the top off

Both would be fantastic choices

However, if you look at the extremely long list of WRs in this draft that can take the top off, and be WR1, we could very realistically get this in round two.  (I would still like Nabors or Odunze)

I would add, that if we do stay at 15, and Nabers/Odunze are gone, Cooper Dejean would seem to be a "Ballard type"

Cooper is that great attitude, humble, midwestern kid, big shutdown corner with speed and can stuff the RB....... AND can and has played all roles across the DBs positions

He can line up at CB , but when needed, he could be a stud FS.

lastly

If there EVER was a draft that Ballard trades back, this would be it.

If we trade back 8-10 places....... 

We MIGHT be able to get 

WRs

Troy Franklin

AD Mitchell

Emeka Egbuka - Slot mostly but plays all over

Xavier Legett

ALL 4 can fill needed WR1 role

or

CBs

Terrion Arnold 

Denzel Burke 

Kalen King 

(All three are shut down CBs that also play the run

The fact of the matter is that CB seems to love DEs that can stay on the field 

He would rather have a large enough DE that puts some pressure on the QB AND isnt embarrassed against the run

I dont see him taking a DE that weighs 240-245

The holes that need to be filled in 2024 are (IMHO):

WR1 - glaring hole

CB - glaring hole

FS  - glaring hole

Depth at DE

Depth at IOL

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I am with you on those 2

Odunze is almost uncoverable by 1 CB ......  he is that big, dominate WR that this team needs

However, if you look at the extremely long list of WRs in this draft that can take the top off, and be WR1, we could very realistically get this in round two.  (I would still like Nabors or Odunze)

I would add, that if we do stay at 15, and Nabers/Odunze are gone, Cooper Dejean would seem to be a "Ballard type"

Cooper is that great attitude, humble, midwestern kid, big shutdown corner with speed and can stuff the RB....... AND can and has played all roles across the DBs positions

lastly

We MIGHT be able to get 

WRs

Troy Franklin

AD Mitchell

Xavier Legett

or

CBs

Terrion Arnold 

Denzel Burke 

Kalen King 

He would rather have a large enough DE that puts some pressure on the QB AND isnt embarrassed against the run

WR1 - glaring hole

CB - glaring hole

FS  - glaring hole

Depth at DE

Depth at IOL

Rome reminds me of a taller version of Deebo Samuel or sort of like DK Metcalf. I really like him a lot. Although the Huskies rarely run him, he has had a couple of good runs this season and is capable of being a great NFL Receiver and running a few times. He would be my pick if he's there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rome reminds me of a taller version of Deebo Samuel or sort of like DK Metcalf. I really like him a lot. Although the Huskies rarely run him, he has had a couple of good runs this season and is capable of being a great NFL Receiver and running a few times. He would be my pick if he's there.

I hope he is there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I am with you on those 2

lastly

We MIGHT be able to get 

WRs

Troy Franklin

AD Mitchell

Xavier Legett

or

CBs

Terrion Arnold 

Denzel Burke 

Kalen King 

WR1 - glaring hole

CB - glaring hole

FS  - glaring hole

Depth at DE

Depth at IOL

I think Harrison, Nabers, Odunze And Coleman are the top dogs this draft. Harrison won’t last until we pick and Colemen is projected as an X i believe. That leaves Nabers and Odunze as the prime targets for us. 

I’ve heard Franklin is an outsider to sneak into the 1st round, but I don’t know how he stacks up against the other guys. 

I’ve seen Legett compared to Metcalf. That’s not a bad thing and he’s probably available in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I’ve seen enough Minshew to know better than to expect to make the playoffs with him, and to know what will happen even if we do. And yet the rest of the AFC is making us increasingly competitive in the standings. 

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

We can say that about any team in the AFC except the Chiefs and Ravens and probably the Texans regarding QB play (and we even beat the Ravens and Texans). Tua has even laid eggs against the better teams. I am not sure why certain people just can't enjoy each game and hope we get in. If we lose, we lose. Only 1 team wins the SB.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers play bengals in Cincy next week. That’s a weird game because colts need Steelers and bengals to lose. I don’t know who to root for. Since we play both teams still o guess it does not matter.

Maybe root for a tie?

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can say that about any team in the AFC except the Chiefs and Ravens and probably the Texans regarding QB play (and we even beat the Ravens and Texans). Tua has even laid eggs against the better teams. I am not sure why certain people just can't enjoy each game and hope we get in. If we lose, we lose. Only 1 team wins the SB.

I’d rather finish this season further up the draft order and give us a better chance of helping Richardson next year when we do have a chance. Everyone came into this season not expecting to be competitive until next season and that’s still largely the case. If Richardson was here it’s a different story. But he’s not and Minshew is. The ceiling just is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ya never know lol.

That’s what usually happens when we get excited like this. I have no faith in colts offense. Then if Brent’s don’t come back against Bucs we are in trouble.  

I do think we are in a good spot with the teams that could have got to 6-5 or even 5/5 losing. The ones below us losing is good since we do play Steelers and Bengals.  I just can’t forget what we have seen the last two weeks on offense. I just don’t see it getting better.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’d rather finish this season further up the draft order and give us a better chance of helping Richardson next year when we do have a chance. Everyone came into this season not expecting to be competitive until next season and that’s still largely the case. If Richardson was here it’s a different story. But he’s not and Minshew is. The ceiling just is what it is. 

We can get what we need in the top 15. Creating a winning culture is way more important. No one should be thinking draft when we have the QB and LT.

• Like 1

Just now, John Waylon said:

If your talking about draft order there's plenty talent in the middle of the draft plus there's still free agency to help AR out. I don' t see the problem of wanting this team in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I’ve seen enough Minshew to know better than to expect to make the playoffs with him, and to know what will happen even if we do. And yet the rest of the AFC is making us increasingly competitive in the standings. 

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

we can win with minshew if our defense stops trying to lead the nfl in points allowed

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Myles said:

Bills and Browns won today.  That did not help the Colts.   They still control their own destiny though.

Browns winning did help the colts as the steelers  are the team we will have to beat out for playoff spot. Browns hold the tie breaker and so do jags. Ideally  we need to win all our remaining  afc games titans, steelers,texans,raiders,bengals if we want the playoffs

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I am with you on those 2

lastly

We MIGHT be able to get 

WRs

Troy Franklin

AD Mitchell

Xavier Legett

or

CBs

Terrion Arnold 

Denzel Burke 

Kalen King 

WR1 - glaring hole

CB - glaring hole

FS  - glaring hole

Depth at DE

Depth at IOL

I would add oline depth to that list.

• Like 2

Tampa had a few injurys today.

An ILB, and both of their starting CBs went down, and did not return. 

I saw Jamel Dean having to be carried off the field with a ankle/foot. Likely he is out vs Colts

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/19/bucs-game-bucs-injuries-tampa-bay-buccaneers-lavonte-david-carlton-davis-nfl-week-11/

Linebacker Lavonte David and cornerback Carlton Davis were both ruled out for the remainder of the game, with David suffering from a groin injury and Davis suffering from a hip injury. The two join CB Jamel Dean, who left the game and was then ruled out with an ankle injury.

SirVocea Dennis will come in for David, while the team will need to shift a number of corners around to account for both Dean and Davis missing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

we have one of the top offenses in league? what do you mean we dont have the offense? only one game we havent scored over 20 pts.

I think we're witnessing the dramatic drop-off that happens to almost every backup QB who has to play for a full season. Minshew has been bad lately, and now teams are sitting on the run. I'm happy to be wrong, but I think the limitations of having a backup level QB running the show are going to hold the offense back.

• Like 2