Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023: Week 10 Colts vs Patriots in Germany, November 12, 2023, 9:30 EST

NFLfan

Colts vs Patriots  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. Do you still get pumped up when the Colts play the Patriots?

• Of course! I am excited whenever the Colts face the Patriots. It is another chance to defeat the Pats.
    • No, the Pats are no longer our rivals.
    • Meh, the Patriots aren't any good.
    • Every football game involving the Colts excites me.
    • Other. (Share your thoughts in the comments )
  3. 3. Bonus Question#1 : Do you think Belichick gets fired if the Patriots lose?

4. 4. Bonus Question#2: After this game, the Colts will have a bye week. Do you believe that teams that play games outside the United States should have their bye weeks before or after the game?

• The week before the game
    • The week after the game
    • Either the week before or the week after playing outside the USA (no other time)..
    • Having a game outside the United States should have no bearing on when a team's bye week is scheduled.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2023 at 02:45 PM

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Leonard -- Snaps: 406, Missed tackles: 4

Franklin -- Snaps: 565, Missed tackles: 13

Normalise Leornard's snaps to 565 and he'd have 5.57 missed tackles... it's not even in the same league...

“Normalize” lol That’s a 159 snap difference. If Leonard played those snaps the way we’ve been seeing him play he would have 100 missed tackles. Not to mention most of his “tackles” are after the runner/receiver has gained 7+ yards

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

“Normalize” lol That’s a 159 snap difference. If Leonard played those snaps the way we’ve been seeing him play he would have 100 missed tackles. Not to mention most of his “tackles” are after the runner/receiver has gained 7+ yards

my point exactly, he is rarely first, and solo. he's coming in and cleaning up tackles after the runner has been slowed or made their first move already 

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

If Gus’s defensive play calling comes gives up a touchdown he should be shown the door.

He won't though, and he shouldn't  - defense has kept us in the lead despite the offense totally going to sleep after the 1st drive.

Just now, AKB said:

well that's not what i mean. 

Franklin is faster, and gets to the ball faster. 

so if he gets there first, or if leonard is not attempting first contact as often, those stats mean nothing

I know it's not, but you're looking for ways to assign blame to Leonard and I think people are being unreasonable about it.

Franklin is playing the position Leonard is best at. Week 8 against the Saints, Leonard played most of his snaps at Mike (his best position in Bradley's scheme) and he had 13 tackles...

You can't compare their play when they are pboth on the field, because they are playing different positions with different assignments.

I know Leonard is getting paid $100m and he's not worth it RIGHT NOW (and he may not be again), but 1) pay is not going to let him break the laws of reality,  2) it's his first season in the scheme and 3) he's playing out of position. How about we look at this the way it is instead of just trying to pin crap on him...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Shaq has as many tackles for a loss as Franklin does this year in the snap differential.

Just now, Solid84 said:

I know it's not, but you're looking for ways to assign blame to Leonard and I think people are being unreasonable about it.

Franklin is playing the position Leonard is best at. Week 8 against the Saints, Leonard played most of his snaps at Mike (his best position in Bradley's scheme) and he had 13 tackles...

You can't compare their play when they are pboth on the field, because they are playing different positions with different assignments.

I know Leonard is getting paid $100m and he's not worth it RIGHT NOW (and he may not be again), but 1) pay is not going to let him break the laws of reality,  2) it's his first season in the scheme and 3) he's playing out of position. How about we look at this the way it is instead of just trying to pin crap on him...

their jobs are slightly different, but its the closest ur gonna get when comparing positions, like FS to SS

here's the reality solid, Leonard looks bad. He visibly looks different. He's one of my favorite Colts but I can't lie man he looks overpaid, slow, and hesitant, and seems to be avoiding contact. 

• Like 1