Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense Anyone?

ColtsUrUs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people so focused on getting weapons for Luck when we have so many holes on Defense??

we're..thin at WR..thin at O-line..

..and we dont have ANY tight ends...who can catch. Not any

..and remember..we had one of the worst offenses in the history of the NFL last year.

That's why we're focused on offense/

Jenkins was a first round pick who slipped do to off the field issues

IMO not only just a first Rd but he has the talent of a top 10 pick in this draft, imagine if he had no character issues, he could have been competing with Claiborne as the #1 CB taken, plus since Blackmon and Wright were taken in our division we need to get better at CB

we're..thin at WR..thin at O-line..

..and we dont have ANY tight ends...who can catch. Not any

..and remember..we had one of the worst offenses in the history of the NFL last year.

That's why we're focused on offense/

We have Wayne, Collie and Donnie Avery at WR. We signed 3 OL in FA to add with the OL we already have and I wouldn't want to waste a high pick on a TE.

I heard on the NFL Network that Pags is very interested in Upshaw! Who Pags likes a lot. and the Ravens does to and they are nervous that we will take him. I think we need big men on the defense. I would be happy if we draft Upshaw in the early second round.

The Ravens might be bluffing us so they can take JJ at CB?:scratch:

Why are people so focused on getting weapons for Luck when we have so many holes on Defense??

because we have made plenty of defensive moves through FA. what we need is to get guys for luck to throw to unless you wanna use the cheerleaders

IMO not only just a first Rd but he has the talent of a top 10 pick in this draft, imagine if he had no character issues, he could have been competing with Claiborne as the #1 CB taken, plus since Blackmon and Wright were taken in our division we need to get better at CB

exactly

We have Wayne, Collie and Donnie Avery at WR. We signed 3 OL in FA to add with the OL we already have and I wouldn't want to waste a high pick on a TE.

3 WRS is thin....we'll have sets with 3...

you'd use/waste a 1-round pick on a WR but not a pass catching tight end...?

reallly?

reallly?

I kinda agree because we can get Ladarius Green tomorrow and lets not forget Allen is still their and Charles, one will come off the board, Im hoping its Fleener

I just heard on the NFL Network that Pags is very interested in Upshaw from Bama! Who Pags likes a lot and the Ravens does to and they are nervous that we will take him. I think we need big men on the defense. I would be happy if we draft Upshaw in the early second round.

I agree Pags will be in war room tonite and i believe he goes Def if Glenn isnt there.

... Mathis, Angerer, Conner, Redding, Zbikowski, Johnson (NT?), Moala, Nevis and likely Freeney...looking pretty fierce to me, add a solid corner and look out! still think the next pick should be a TE- give the rookie QB a big, talented TE to toss some to up the middle

reallly?

When did I say I would waste a 1st round pick on a WR? I've been saying we need to improve our D. Heck the front office said we need to improve our D. Just saying.

Then we'd still have a gaping hole at tight end..I hope that's not true

Did you notice no TE went in 1st rd?That's because there is no exceptional TE this year we can get Allen or another later.Not saying we dont need a TE just saying Fleener isnt the big show.

When did I say I would waste a 1st round pick on a WR? I've been saying we need to improve our D. Heck the front office said we need to improve our D. Just saying.

You didnt....you said 'waste' referring to TE...

I just see a pass catching TE and a WR as the same thing...these days

That was my point...

The colts are taking Jenkins or upshaw.... irsay wants a BALANCED team and right now they have a chance to get that with Jenkins or upshaw.... fleener is a good receiving TE but if it wasn't for luck he would be a THIRD rounder

Did you notice no TE went in 1st rd?That's because there is no exceptional TE this year we can get Allen or another later.Not saying we dont need a TE just saying Fleener isnt the big show.

I did and I was glad.

We dont have ANY...tight ends...

other teams have TEs./...

I just recall how we set world records for BAD on offrense last year....

..and tight end was a sore spot./.and we released our top 2 guys.

This is the new NFL where TEs are featured.....

..we need 2 more...if we want to have a prolific attack......not just one.

remember when the Patriots drafted 2 tight ends in 2010.??

How's that working for them?

The colts are taking Jenkins or upshaw.... irsay wants a BALANCED team and right now they have a chance to get that with Jenkins or upshaw.... fleener is a good receiving TE but if it wasn't for luck he would be a THIRD rounder

I would be you we dont take Jenkins...for off field reasons

You have to emphasize the pass......and pass defense or you will be lapped by those who do.

We have no tight ends

Do you really want to go into next season depending on Avery & Collie as our receivers?

Like I and others have said Collie is one hit away from retirement and Avery has knee issues and has caught a whopping three passes in the last two seasons.

i hate when people use the is it wasnt for luck argument against Fleener, cause guess what, if he was good because of luck and we drafted him, hes still gonna have luck

but i am in agreement with u id still rather have someone like jenkins ahead of him, but ideally id like to trade the pick preferably to baltimore since i believe they have their eye on Upshaw

You have to emphasize the pass......and pass defense or you will be lapped by those who do.

We have no tight ends

The only way the colts don't take Jenkins is if the rams take him or the colts think upshaw is a better pick. The colts were gashed on defense last year, the person who had issues with character had been fired... there a better well rounded TEs in the draft than fleener he isn't even a good blocker which is what (if you forgot) the colts offense will be utilizing the most.

We have no tight ends

Whats also good about Fleener is because we seriously lack WR's we can also use him in 3 WR sets in the slot like Dallas Clark and Gronk.

You can't go wrong with Fleener.

The only way the colts don't take Jenkins is if the rams take him or the colts think upshaw is a better pick. The colts were gashed on defense last year, the person who had issues with character had been fired... there a better well rounded TEs in the draft than fleener he isn't even a good blocker which is what (if you forgot) the colts offense will be utilizing the most.

Really??? Thats the only way they don't take Jenkins? There is no way they take Jenkins at 34. All you have to do is listen to what Grigson said, they don't want players that they can't trust when their not looking. Thats what he said in essence.

we drafted 2 offensive linemen last year and it took us no where. we need playmakers whether it's on defense or offense. i want upshaw and fleener both but luck needs someone to throw the ball to besides wayne. collie,avery have been injured alot and not only is fleener familiar with luck, but also he's one of the top 5 bpa. te is a major need we can't pass on fleener.

Really??? Thats the only way they don't take Jenkins? There is no way they take Jenkins at 34. All you have to do is listen to what Grigson said, they don't want players that they can't trust when their not looking. Thats what he said in essence.

So if they take Jenkins would you be upset?

i hate when people use the is it wasnt for luck argument against Fleener, cause guess what, if he was good because of luck and we drafted him, hes still gonna have luck

but i am in agreement with u id still rather have someone like jenkins ahead of him, but ideally id like to trade the pick preferably to baltimore since i believe they have their eye on Upshaw

It makes sense saying that because we aren't talking about college players going against college players, chances are more likely that Lucks go to guy will be Wayne for the simple fact that he's the best possession WR in the afc south, fleener is basically another younger Dallas Clark..... and that's not what the colts need... the colts could very well trade down though

So if they take Jenkins would you be upset?

No not really. There's no doubt he's got the talent andf if he slipped to the 4th rd. then by all means pick him up, but I just think judging from what Grigson said, that Jenkins is not even on the Colts radar with the 34th pick.

You keep thinking that, I call it the "Owen factor" you take them on because you have pretty good faith that the supporting cast can change that player... I'm sure Jenkins isn't the player he is today because he isn't a hard worker or smokes too much pot... the colts will take upshaw or jenkins

No not really. There's no doubt he's got the talent andf if he slipped to the 4th rd. then by all means pick him up, but I just think judging from what Grigson said, that Jenkins is not even on the Colts radar with the 34th pick.

You do realize the colts brung him in for a workout right?

Because of "chemistry." Silly if you ask me. We would never look at Fleener if Luck wasn't out QB. So is he really worth it?

Statements like this one, said as if you have information verifying it as the the truth, absolutely crack me up. The only way you know this is if you have access to the Colts draft board rankings? Just a hunch, but I am guessing you don't.