Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 overhyped?

bap1331

im sorry but thats all the media talks about. Its like they skipped the first overall to second pick.

There seems to be some "IGNORE COLTS" campaign going around. I passed so many newstands in New York on my way to the draft and RG3 was on EVERY cover. Anybody else feel the sameway?

I like RG3 but give Luck some love! lol.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. ESPN took a poll on which teams had the best pick and the Colts, even though they drafted the best prospect since Manning, finished last, while the Redskins who drafted RGIII, finished at or near the top. I think much of the hype has to do with the Colts having the first overall draft pick and everyone already knowing that Luck would be the pick. Also, RGIII is flashier, and more charismatic, which makes him easier to cover, while Luck is more reserved. Soon we'll see who really deserves all of the hype.

There seems to be some "IGNORE COLTS" campaign going around.

We went 2-14 in 2011 (as I'm sure you're aware). Welcome to what happens when your team sucks.

What happens to Griffin is anybodies guess. Unarguably, he is over-hyped. Personally, I think the shrinkage of the passing window in the NFL, along with the increased speed and intelligence of NFL defenses, is going to throw that kid for a loop and he'll struggle mightily.

I peg him for an injury hobbled career.

I agree with Vance. We've been stuck listening to Luck hype for 2 years - well before the Colts could have even imagined to have been in line for him. What more is there for them to say?

RG3 seems talented and smart, with a dynamic personality. No need to put him down to boost up Luck, but I forsee years of Luck vs. RG3 threads on here.

I agree with Vance. We've been stuck listening to Luck hype for 2 years - well before the Colts could have even imagined to have been in line for him. What more is there for them to say?

RG3 seems talented and smart, with a dynamic personality. No need to put him down to boost up Luck, but I forsee years of Luck vs. RG3 threads on here.

yea only difference is that Redskin fans are so sure they are going to the Super Bowl this year with RG3. :/

It was very obnoxious hearing Redskins fans at Radio City Music Hall chanting, "SUPER BOWL! SUPER BOWL! SUPER BOWL!"

im like, lets not get too far. Even us Colts fans have accepted that we will not go to the playoffs.

yea only difference is that Redskin fans are so sure they are going to the Super Bowl this year with RG3. :/

It was very obnoxious hearing Redskins fans at Radio City Music Hall chanting, "SUPER BOWL! SUPER BOWL! SUPER BOWL!"

im like, lets not get too far. Even us Colts fans have accepted that we will not go to the playoffs.

That has more to do with the NFC east fans fighting it out at the draft since it's dominated by Giants fans. When Philly was picking the Giants fans were signing the "We got a ring" song. They were all chanting at each other.

Also, don't forget that the Redskins were not naturally the #2 pick. They traded up to get there and are in better shape with personnel than the Colts. They beat the Giants 2xs and lost some that they shouldn't have. Superbowl is a stretch, but playoffs aren't necessarily a stretch for the Skins.

im sorry but thats all the media talks about. Its like they skipped the first overall to second pick.

There seems to be some "IGNORE COLTS" campaign going around. I passed so many newstands in New York on my way to the draft and RG3 was on EVERY cover. Anybody else feel the sameway?

didnt take colt fans long to do the whole poor us thing. "our qb doesnt get enough attention"

what is it with you guys? Luck has been plastered all over NFL coverage for 2 years

didnt take colt fans long to do the whole poor us thing. "our qb doesnt get enough attention"

what is it with you guys? Luck has been plastered all over NFL coverage for 2 years

Until the three months leading up to and including the draft....no biggy, it is what it is.

And Luck hasn't been?

I've heard more hype about Luck then I have RGIII. As far as RGIII being smug? I watched him after he was drafted. He was happy...extremely happy...just like Luck was. If that was RGIII acting smug, then Luck acted just as smug as RGIII did.

I don't hate Luck, I wish the kid the best. But I also don't see the need to tear down RGIII either. Irsay took the one the Colts fans would of drawn and quartered him for not taking...do we really need to tear down RGIII as well?

RG3 is more flashy and he has more personality...It wudl be fun to have him on your team.

But when I watch his highlights I still dont like his footwork..

I think Luck is ready now and RG3 WILL BE ready

I hear what you are saying. I am glad we picked Luck. But you have to realize that RG3 is better prepared to deal with the social stuff that comes along with being a star. Andrew Luck seems very awkward right now. Meanwhile RG3 embraces the lime light even thrives in it. He is simply more interesting.

Here is an example, after Luck was selected he was asked if he had a message for the Colts fans. He said something like Hope for the best and we'll see what happens. Later when RG3 is interviewed he flashes his socks with the message, "Catch your dreams" and then goes on to give a soliloquy to the young people about how it is better to say how you intend to catch your dreams rather than chase them because it reflects more of a positive state of mind. That is the difference right now concerning their social preparedness at this point. The media will naturally gravitate to RG3 because he is exuding polish and charisma. Luck is shy and seems more comfortable away from the cameras.

Luck may be the more pro ready in terms of play but RG3 is more prepared for NFL Live off the field it seems.

Again I wanted Luck and am glad we took him. He will be just fine for us but unless his play just completely overshadows RG3's expect the trend to continue.

I agree. ESPN took a poll on which teams had the best pick and the Colts, even though they drafted the best prospect since Manning, finished last, while the Redskins who drafted RGIII, finished at or near the top. I think much of the hype has to do with the Colts having the first overall draft pick and everyone already knowing that Luck would be the pick. Also, RGIII is flashier, and more charismatic, which makes him easier to cover, while Luck is more reserved. Soon we'll see who really deserves all of the hype.

Redskins gave up a lot and there owner will over spend and mess it up

Wait until stone hands GARCON drops a few

We went 2-14 in 2011 (as I'm sure you're aware). Welcome to what happens when your team sucks.

What happens to Griffin is anybodies guess. Unarguably, he is over-hyped. Personally, I think the shrinkage of the passing window in the NFL, along with the increased speed and intelligence of NFL defenses, is going to throw that kid for a loop and he'll struggle mightily.

I peg him for an injury hobbled career.

I agree been saying hes going to run 1 time too many and try a lil harder than he should.Hes going to get hit alot and harder hope he stays fit.Also his Attitude is showing, saying Redskins would pick him 1st if they were there.Serious chip on his shoulder overachiever might cost him injuries.

So many posts in this thread to like... so little time :P

I honestly thought both QBs were relatively glossed over last night because the story on each of them has already played itself out pretty thoroughly.

Uh... no. No one who is more than the most casual bandwagon Skins (or Baylor) fan honestly believes that.

It's not unusual at all to see a fanbase turn up in droves for a pick like that and exercise a little unrestrained jubilation. Giants and Jets fans can always be counted on to have a big presence, too, and they're no less obnoxious. Clearly more of y'all should have gone to New York to represent.

Wait until stone hands GARCON drops a few

Man, I'm just thrilled we'll be able to put Garcon in a position to drop some deep balls this year. We haven't had a QB with good deep ball accuracy since 1992 (and he wasn't even that good of a QB without perhaps the best offensive line ever assembled assisting him).

I agree been saying hes going to run 1 time too many and try a lil harder than he should.Hes going to get hit alot and harder hope he stays fit.Also his Attitude is showing, saying Redskins would pick him 1st if they were there.Serious chip on his shoulder overachiever might cost him injuries.

That's absolutely true, though. If you had kept Peyton and traded with us for a battery of picks, Griffin would be going number one. It's not an ego thing, he's just glad that the team that took him valued him that highly. A lot of other players made similar statements when teams moved up to get them (e.g., Morris Claiborne).

That he was! :D It was nice to see him happy to be with Indy.

He was so happy. I am happy.

Lets all be happy.

In a way he is just so dorky. I love it. It's so cute. I can bet he stays out of trouble. lmao. He looks like he goes to bed early and plays checkers on weekends for fun.

He was so happy. I am happy.

Lets all be happy.

In a way he is just so dorky. I love it. It's so cute. I can bet he stays out of trouble. lmao. He looks like he goes to bed early and plays checkers on weekends for fun.

See he could be just your kinda guy. Every good boy needs a little side of bad girl in his life. lmao

So many posts in this thread to like... so little time :P

I honestly thought both QBs were relatively glossed over last night because the story on each of them has already played itself out pretty thoroughly.

Uh... no. No one who is more than the most casual bandwagon Skins (or Baylor) fan honestly believes that.

It's not unusual at all to see a fanbase turn up in droves for a pick like that and exercise a little unrestrained jubilation. Giants and Jets fans can always be counted on to have a big presence, too, and they're no less obnoxious. Clearly more of y'all should have gone to New York to represent.

Man, I'm just thrilled we'll be able to put Garcon in a position to drop some deep balls this year. We haven't had a QB with good deep ball accuracy since 1992 (and he wasn't even that good of a QB without perhaps the best offensive line ever assembled assisting him).

That's absolutely true, though. If you had kept Peyton and traded with us for a battery of picks, Griffin would be going number one. It's not an ego thing, he's just glad that the team that took him valued him that highly. A lot of other players made similar statements when teams moved up to get them (e.g., Morris Claiborne).

I wouldn't worry too much about Garcon. He should be very good for you guys. Some sour grapes on here because he turned down a very similar offer from us to go to the Skins.

On the other hand, I don't believe the talk about the Skins would've taken RGIII in the first spot. It sounds way too much like the Chargers saying they really wanted Leaf all along. Not saying that I think they'll (Leaf and RGIII) have even remotely similar career trajectories, RGIII looks like a special player who can live up to his own bravado.

I wouldn't worry too much about Garcon. He should be very good for you guys. Some sour grapes on here because he turned down a very similar offer from us to go to the Skins.

On the other hand, I don't believe the talk about the Skins would've taken RGIII in the first spot. It sounds way too much like the Chargers saying they really wanted Leaf all along. Not saying that I think they'll (Leaf and RGIII) have even remotely similar career trajectories, RGIII looks like a special player who can live up to his own bravado.

Our insiders had all said that Griffin was at the top of our board starting before we made the trade up to number two. Considering that Shanahan has been known to favor potential over NFL readiness and Griffin is the slightly better scheme fit, I've been inclined to believe them.

I know whats all the smoozing with RG3 about.Luck doesnt seem to get the same treatment and its very noticable.Good Luck RG3 with the Redskins.If Luck had gotten drafted to the Skins,they would be gushing over him.Whats up with the bias in the nfl.

u wanna read a funny article i found posted on the redskins forum

http://austin.culturemap.com/newsdetail/04-27-12-why-the-colts-will-bemoan-taking-andrew-luck-over-robert-griffin-iii-for-a-decade/

and even funnier, the people in that thread actually buy into it believing RG3 will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL the GOAT and forever change QB position, funny that before this season RG3 wasnt even seen as a QB prospect and Luck was seen as a great college QB for years

YES, he has been way overhyped! IMO he did nothing until his senior year and did that against lesser opponents. IMO MSU grad Cousins is going to compete for the starting spot and I wouldnt be surprised if he eventually wins it!

Might want to go back and look at his stats his junior year and Cousins eventually winning it is only realistic if Griffin struggles very badly throughout the entire season (not one game, not 2-3 games, the entire season) or he gets injured.

Both Luck and Griffin III have been over-hyped like always. They'll both fall back down to earth soon.

and even funnier, the people in that thread actually buy into it believing RG3 will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL the GOAT and forever change QB position, funny that before this season RG3 wasnt even seen as a QB prospect and Luck was seen as a great college QB for years

Don't generalize too much, lest you forget that it would be very easy for fans of other teams to say the same exact things about the way your fans have built up Luck and tried to tear down Griffin. Both are fine prospects.

That shouldn't be hard.

Talk about setting a low bar :P