Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline (MERGE)

sb41champs

Trade Deadline?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts Trade FOR a Player Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Colts TRADE a Player Away Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would want at least a high 4th for him, maybe a 3rd as a minimum. 

I agree, if they are able to get atleast a 4 for him you pull the trigger. He’s a FA this offseason, I just don’t see the Organization making the mistake and over paying two backs. I’m sure after the season that Miss has had he could easily say I’ll test out FA. Might as well get something for him now. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was hoping we could find a serviceable corner to get through rest of season but looks like that won’t happen.

I think they are content with letting the youngsters play.  To gain experience, after all this is a throw away season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was hoping we could find a serviceable corner to get through rest of season but looks like that won’t happen.

Well, what is the timeline for the corners we do have to return? Because no way we’re going to games with that glaring of a weakness at that position and expecting to win

1 hour ago, WERC82 said:

Most "experts" have us as sellers. Why? Because contracts on guys like Leonard and Kelly are to expensive for what we're getting from them on the field. Problem is everyone we'd like to get a player from knows those contracts are too high. So, we'll be unloading any cap space saving players we can and getting almost nothing in return...if we make any moves at all. This is/has been Ballard's weakness from day one. Drafts well but pays to much when the rookie contracts are up. Then we end up with a guy who's production/value/trade-ability frequently plummets.

I mean isn't kelly ranking as the best center in the league?

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He’s having his best season so far and I think you should alway be wary of players having career seasons in contract years. 

But, he was shipped for a 3rd. He’s worth taking a chance on for a 3rd. 

not for an 8 game rental and being a big contract next year.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I mean isn't kelly ranking as the best center in the league?

not for an 8 game rental and being a big contract next year.

Young has delt with injuries, but he still has nearly two seasons of good performance. He’d be an instant upgrade to our Dline and with his history he wouldn’t be resetting the market with his contract. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Young has delt with injuries, but he still has nearly two seasons of good performance. He’d be an instant upgrade to our Dline and with his history he wouldn’t be resetting the market with his contract. 

I mean Kwity has played better in his first 3 years than Young has played in his first 4 seasons, chase is just a bigger name.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A 3rd rounder for Douglas and a 5th. Not sure why we can't do that.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A 3rd rounder for Douglas and a 5th. Not sure why we can't do that.

Come on. You know why we can't.. :thmup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But at some point you have to give your defense. Chance and we have no serviceable corners outside of jones and Kenny.

I agree. I just think that has to be the only logical explanation as to why they haven’t made a move yet. The entire world knows we are super thin at CB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I mean Kwity has played better in his first 3 years than Young has played in his first 4 seasons, chase is just a bigger name.

The best Paye has done for total pressures is 39. Young had 42 his rookie season and he has 38 after 8 games this season...

A healthy Young is at least one level above Paye.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reminder 

This goes out the window when Ballard does very little in FA. Even Buckner was a trade and not a FA signing. Not sure what the difference is since we don't sign top players. Get your guy here on the cheap and extend him. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard’s ego is all focused on his draft picks.

That's why I was ok with selling Moss. Can't even do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reminder 

Well if it wasn’t clear we weren’t going into the playoffs before or doing whatever we can to try to get into the playoffs it’s definitely clear now… thank you for just going with whatever the Colts do

• Like 1