Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This kind of stuff happened when Peyton was here. Colt players don’t hold each other accountable.

To be honest after Hurts unbelievable interception at the end the thought crossed my mind that he did it intentionally.  That's how crazy it looked to me.  I couldn't believe he made such a bad decision.  

6 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

This season is going to be a pass for Ballard. Sure we have some good talent and could make the playoffs. But I am looking for growth on all aspects of the team. If we win then sweet but my hopes were never that high this season. All I'm saying is keep expectations real. All this doom and gloom, the sky is falling is just a overreaction. 

Yep, I figured 5 wins max and they are already @ 3. Probably going to 6 or 7 wins. Minshew is a backup QB for a reason.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So was Gardner trying to hard to get it to Pittman instead of spreading the ball around. I understand he is your best WR bur if it’s not there it is not there.

He was doing what Wentz used to do and stare him down. I thought Downs was open a lot more. Also I don’t know if any TE got a single target today. The Jags new exactly what the Colts we’re going to do. Not run the ball and force the throws to Pittman. It’s like Steichen handed them over a script for the offense before the game started.

7 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Was Taylor Swift at the game?

I tuned in to every game to see if she was there. Didn't see her which was depressing.I paid good money to YouTube TV to see her.I will watch Entertainment Tonight then the Cowboys/ Chargers. God willing she will be on one of those.

11 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Would those have also been the ones where Taylor was split out wide, because those were just wasted snaps. 

We just did not commit enough to the run today and then by the time we wanted to it was too late. And a short quick passing game did absolutely nothing to help open up any real running game. It was not a quality gameplan today. 

Oh I agree about the game plan. But we had several split back sets, but they always ran Moss out of it, never JT. Or they threw 

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not only is Steichen a liar, but he's a low intelligence coach

I think comments like this will get any writer/member in trouble. If you say that the head coach was not fully forthcoming and that you don't like his football decisions/play-calling, that is fine. Calling him a "liar" and having "low intelligence" is taking a personal shot at the coach.

I know you were speaking from emotion, but I thought I would point it out so that you are aware of that next time you feel the same way.

• Thanks 7

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think most that have concerns about it are just going hey this is a potential warning sign that shouldn’t be ignored

No one is ignoring it, they just were not making a good point with that comment.  You dont compare one of the least experienced qbs ever to one of the most. 

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sometimes u just have to look across the pond and face it that u r less talented than the other team. People talk about fire and this was a criticism under Frank. People are forgetting this Jags team has been picking in the top 10 for years. It is finally starting to come together and it is really as simple as that. U have to also add in that Ballard is an average drafter. I said I would give him a second chance. All I see is a team devoid of any real play makersand/or top end talent

THIS was my realization after this game. I used to get angry after each time the Jags beat us and scream Come on! We’re better than them, they are inconsistent, they got lucky, etc… This game finally slapped some sense into me lol. Had to humbly admit that the Jags really are coming together as a team and this was, more than anything else, simply a case of them having more pieces in place than we do right now. 

14 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Just a silly comment. On the concussion, he hit his head on the turf. If any player on the team has his head snapped so that it hits the turf they will get a concussion. If anyone has their shoulder driven into the ground there is a good chance of a shoulder injury. This is not injury-prone (ie an injury for no reason) these were football plays in which any player could be injured. 

Well said. His injuries were not non-contact injuries; his injuries were all caused by hits.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I took it bad because I finally saw in real time Steichen start with a bad gameplan (rely on minshew to pass the ball), fail to use the gameplan effectively, lie that he would use a more effective gameplan when it didn't work (establish the run) at the half, fail to use that gameplan and continue to turn the ball over, and finally, ride that gameplan all the way to end of the game when it was the only right time to use that gameplan (down 15 with 4:30 remaining). 

Not only is Steichen a liar, but he's a low intelligence coach who couldn't recognize his qb was getting destroyed and didn't A.) Change QBs or B.) run the ball with two solid RBs and see what happened. So it was also a spit in the face to Taylor (who you just paid) and Moss (who just dominated the Titans last week). 

Finally, after seeing this, I realized we were going to be stuck with this guy for probably a few years. He's literally a younger Reich clone, and I have no interest in that circus again. This year is over if Richardson is out the entire year, and I have to have "delayed gratification" again to see a QB that we drafted actually perform for us. 

Absolute garbage, and the worst part is people gave me crap for this before the game for not wanting to watch, I watch, and this is the product that my time is spent on. 

I think for your own mental sake, I think you need to take a break bud. A few years ago, you were making comments along these lines and got beat up here on the forum pretty badly for it. I get it, your two favorite teams, the Broncos and the Colts aren’t top of the world the last couple years. But off the charts crazy posts like these are not only a complete fabrication of the facts but a rushed snap judgement looking for instant gratification. 

seriously, you’re better than the post you just made. Deep breathes Jared, it’ll be ok

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aaron86 said:

This season is going to be a pass for Ballard. Sure we have some good talent and could make the playoffs. But I am looking for growth on all aspects of the team. If we win then sweet but my hopes were never that high this season. All I'm saying is keep expectations real. All this doom and gloom, the sky is falling is just a overreaction. 

My only question about this is what if it starts to look like last year. That could push Irsay over the edge. I don’t expect things to get that low but yesterday was how teams lose faith in quarterbacks.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve had plenty of fun watching this team this year and Richardson has played less than half the offensive snaps.  

Yep I agree, the one game where Minshew was jumping up and down on the sideline was hilarious. I am bummed about AR and am not the biggest fan of Shane so far, but I am definitely enjoying watching this team way more than last season regardless. Go Colts!

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My only question about this is what if it starts to look like last year. That could push Irsay over the edge. I don’t expect things to get that low but yesterday was how teams lose faith in quarterbacks.

Last year was a huge anomaly in terms of how Irsay did things. It was extremely out of character and highly unusual. 

Look at how Irsay has handled business from a macro level. His history speaks for itself: he's generally level headed and patient. 

Irsay knew this season would be more akin to a rebuild and that meant less wins. He also knows that Richardson is out and we're now starting our backup QB. I give it a 0.00% that he would just fire Shane or Ballard after a few losses. 

You've got to step off the ledge and let it go. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think comments like this will get any writer/member in trouble. If you say that the head coach was not fully forthcoming and that you don't like his football decisions/play-calling, that is fine. Calling him a "liar" and having "low intelligence" is taking a personal shot at the coach.

I know you were speaking from emotion, but I thought I would point it out so that you are aware of that next time you feel the same way.

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Last year was a huge anomaly in terms of how Irsay did things. It was extremely out of character and highly unusual. 

Look at how Irsay has handled business from a macro level. His history speaks for itself: he's generally level headed and patient. 

Irsay knew this season would be more akin to a rebuild and that meant less wins. He also knows that Richardson is out and we're now starting our backup QB. I give it a 0.00% that he would just fire Shane or Ballard after a few losses. 

You've got to step off the ledge and let it go. 

But he expected to see Richardson and him improving. Now that doesn’t happen. Irsay said Ballard had to show we were heading in the right direction. Like I said I don’t expect things to get that low. Shane won’t be fired. I was just talking Ballard.

Kevin Bowen this morning mentioned he thinks Minshew had this circled on his Calender and just put too much pressure on himself yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But he expected to see Richardson and him improving. Now that doesn’t happen. Irsay said Ballard had to show we were heading in the right direction. Like I said I don’t expect things to get that low. Shane won’t be fired. I was just talking Ballard.

Kevin Bowen this morning mentioned he thinks Minshew had this circled on his Calender and just put too much pressure on himself yesterday.

Again, we're overreacting to one game. How was Ballard supposed to know that Richardson would get injured and knocked out for the season. 

Leading up to this past week, things were actually trending in the right direction. We were 3-2, playing competitive and Richardson was shown to actually be ahead of schedule on development. 

We were defeated by a superior team. I know that's hard for us to admit, but it's the fact. The Jaguars this season are superior. They have a better QB, wide receivers, LT and edge rushers. They have all 4 required elements to be a playoff team. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Minshew was got. Rattled. And that is why the Colts lost. Shane didn’t help with his play calling but he didn’t ask Minshew to throw it up for grabs every other pass. 

Play calling was a disaster. Mustache threw it 55 times, Taylor only got 8 carries, Moss 7. Mustache should not be throwing more than 30 times a game, 30 is reasonable. So far up until yesterday I think Shane has done a really good job, I had him graded out as a B through 5 weeks, yesterday wasn't his best moment unfortunately. We are still 3-3 in a league full of parity, dealing with AR being injured, and just flush this and move on. I am here win or lose, I am not a Fairweather fan, I am a trufan and will watch every week regardless :thmup:. If the team needs to be criticized, I do that too. With this 1 particular game, I am very critical of Shane and Gus. By the way I hate our defensive scheme as well. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Media making excuses up this morning about no running the ball. Saying they were forced to pass because they got down. Did they not watch the first two offensive drives. They did the same thing making these excuses for Reich. Why do they do this. Kevin Bowen is the only one who had it right this morning.

Nah, we were passing from the beginning and still passing only down 7-3. Taylor or Moss could never get into a rhythm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Play calling was a disaster. Mustache threw it 55 times, Taylor only got 8 carries, Moss 7. Mustache should not be throwing more than 30 times a game, 30 is reasonable. So far up until yesterday I think Shane has done a really good job, I had him graded out as a B through 5 weeks, yesterday wasn't his best moment unfortunately. We are still 3-3 in a league full of parity, deal with AR being injured, and just to flush this and move on. I am here win or lose, I am not a Fairweather fan, I am a trufan and will watch every week regardless :thmup:. If the team needs to criticized, I do that too. With this 1 particular game, I am very critical of Shane and Gus. By the way I hate our defensive scheme as well. 

The scheme tells you a lot about what the coach thinks about his players and the competition. Often, he assumes that his players can play the scheme. There are many reasons why that can't happen, and it's not often lack of talent. It may be the offense is playing against the scheme (not just the players). If changes aren't made, the defensive coach is giving up on his players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Play calling was a disaster. Mustache threw it 55 times, Taylor only got 8 carries, Moss 7. Mustache should not be throwing more than 30 times a game, 30 is reasonable. So far up until yesterday I think Shane has done a really good job, I had him graded out as a B through 5 weeks, yesterday wasn't his best moment unfortunately. We are still 3-3 in a league full of parity, deal with AR being injured, and just flush this and move on. I am here win or lose, I am not a Fairweather fan, I am a trufan and will watch every week regardless :thmup:. If the team needs to be criticized, I do that too. With this 1 particular game, I am very critical of Shane and Gus. By the way I hate our defensive scheme as well. 

I also am not a fan of the defensive scheme. The cushions on 3rd and 7 makes it almost a routine 1st down. 

shane didn’t help Minshew at all, and at half saying to get the run game going shows he knew he needed to change it up and never really did. Pretty bad look. What happened to the creativity?

however I haven’t seen a QB try and throw so many INT. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I also am not a fan of the defensive scheme. The cushions on 3rd and 7 makes it almost a routine 1st down. 

shane didn’t help Minshew at all, and at half saying to get the run game going shows he knew he needed to change it up and never really did. Pretty bad look. What happened to the creativity?

however I haven’t seen a QB try and throw so many INT. 

Mustache was put in a situation where he was forcing, trying to comeback. That is still on him but a situation we need to keep him out of. Regarding the D scheme, when it is 3rd and 5 or less, I already almost know the other team is going to get a first down by passing because we play so far off of WR's. Only time we usually get stops is when it is 3rd and long it seems.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just saw on twitter colts had 5 yards per play and jags had only 4. I guess that is what turnovers will do to you and maybe it’s not as bad as what it seemed yesterday. Because Minshew won’t turn it over like that often.

I kept saying/posting that last night. Turnovers beat us, we even outgained them in yardage by a lot. You just can't turn it over or have stupid penalties. You can outplay a team, gain more yards, and even control TOP but if a team has like 3 turnovers to the other teams 1, you will lose 80% of the time.

• Like 2

The Colts didn't run the ball as much because of the Jag's gameplan... Not just because we were down early. 

The Jaguars defense was in base formation most of the day. They were expecting Moss and Taylor and planned accordingly to limit them. And their run defense this year has been pretty decent: They've been holding running backs to about 3.6 yards per carry. 

So, Shane in turn put the ball in Minshew's hands, who up until that point had been reliable and relatively safe with the ball. 

It was the right decision to make when facing that type of defense, the players just didn't execute. 

Also for reference: base defense does not mean vanilla or basic defense. There is nothing basic about Mike Caldwell's defense. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So what you think he’s going to hold Ballard accountable for Richardson getting hurt in a way Ballard could have done nothing to prevent?  Irsay is smarter than that.  You seem really upset by the fact you might not get to see Richardson the rest of the year, like that’s all that mattered to you, and I think you are projecting a little of how you feel on to Irsay.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

So what you think he’s going to hold Ballard accountable for Richardson getting hurt in a way Ballard could have done nothing to prevent?  Irsay is smarter than that.  You seem really upset by the fact you might not get to see Richardson the rest of the year, like that’s all that mattered to you, and I think you are projecting a little of how you feel on to Irsay.

With some posters, there's always an "agenda" after a loss. As if there is some controversial "thing" happening in the organization that's causing the team to lose... 

It can never just be the fact that the other team simply beat us... 

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just saw on twitter colts had 5 yards per play and jags had only 4. Is that correct? Doesn’t seem like it is. I guess that is what turnovers will do to you and maybe it’s not as bad as what it seemed yesterday. Because Minshew won’t turn it over like that often.

There you go, like Dungy used to say when you watch film you never look as good or bad as you thought you did during the game.  Turnovers are back breakers.  That’s why teams that lose the turnover battle tend to lose games.  It’s nearly impossible to win when you have four of them in a game.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Jags threw for less than 200.

Jones was ok  Juju had problems.

Rematch division game against a good coach. They exposed Minshews weaknesses and tore up our o-line minus Smith.. And exposed our back seven zone. Phugly!

I thought Brents played well. He's a rookie and he shows real promise. Plus guarding Engram is a task in itself. 

Jones didn't do terrible most game, but he screwed up bad on coverage on that Jags 3rd and Goal TD by Strange in the 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

I thought Brents played well. He's a rookie and he shows real promise. Plus guarding Engram is a task in itself. 

Jones didn't do terrible most game, but he screwed up bad on coverage on that Jags 3rd and Goal TD by Strange in the 3rd quarter.

Ridley wasn’t a factor this game like he was last game either.  I think both corners who started yesterday didn’t start the first game.  

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

Brents after getting burned for a TD came back with a nice int. and played pretty well after that.  He's going to take his lumps but showed promise.  Downs had his first TD.  Juked the defender out of his socks at the goal line.

There were positives yesterday if you look for them.  Pittman had good game as well and Leonard had seven tackles (2nd most on the team and one behind Franklin for the most) five of which were solo.  

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

With some posters, there's always an "agenda" after a loss. As if there is some controversial "thing" happening in the organization that's causing the team to lose... 

It can never just be the fact that the other team simply beat us... 

there are some like that but Chloe is here win or lose.  I just think she overreacted a little yesterday.  It happens.