Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts will not tank.   The Colts will try to win every game.   But that may not be many as Minshew’s limitations will likely be exposed now.   Sucks for the Colts.   But they will not tank on purpose.  

This!!!  The Colts will not tank the season bc they don’t have to lol. Without a real starting QB they will lose enough on their own to have a decent draft pick. Probably wont be top 5 but definitely could be top 10. I expect to lose to the playoff caliber teams and half of the average teams…how this team performs against the bad teams will tell us a lot about the roster and coach.  The Panthers and Patriots games should tell us what the rest of the year will be. 

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

"The injury that I said didn't count"...... There's no rational discussion with you on this situation.  All injuries "count".  I don't even know how to address the fact that you think some injuries count and some don't.  Once again, I've repeatedly said that it's way too early to say that he's injury prone, but you've either willfully ignored that or are having problems with reading comprehension.  I have no agenda.  It is concerning at this point that he can rarely finish a game.  He did finish the Rams game, you're correct.  That's my fault. Other than that, he's either missed entire games or hasn't finished.  That isn't normal.  That is cause for concern.  Hopefully it is bad luck. Time will tell, but to say "Oh, I guarantee it's all bad luck, some of those injuries don't count anyway" is ridiculous and sticking your head in the sand.  

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What really sucks is now looking ahead to draft and FA as the only thing to get excited about.

You’re talking as if we just fired our head coach and then hired our hall of fame center who was working as a sports analyst to take over mid-season and run the team… 

Colts out gained the jags 354-233, the -3 turnovers is what lost the game. Is that all on the qb? I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment on that. Was he under pressure and hurried throws because it it? I don’t know. The colts should be a running team with a very good line and two top rb’s that are better than any other team. But you have to keep at it, even if it doesn’t work every play and be a better screen team with those two top backs! That’s their strength, not qb or wr.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Overall I do not approve of the job Shane did with the gameplan and play calling today. I was not impressed. Taylor lining up at wideout did not sit well with me. 

Someone please explain to me why we can’t put Taylor and Moss on the field at the same time a few times a game. This is starting to seem a bit like frank and how he would never play Hines and Taylor at the same time. 

I just don’t understand ignoring the run the way we did to try the passing gameplan that we tried. It was not a good combo and I don’t know why anyone would think it would be. 

JT and Moss on the ground are more dangerous than Minshew and any of the WRs in the air right now. Play to that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Colts out gained the jags 354-233, the -3 turnovers is what lost the game. Is that all on the qb? I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment on that. Was he under pressure and hurried throws because it it? I don’t know. The colts should be a running team with a very good line and two top rb’s that are better than any other team. But you have to keep at it, even if it doesn’t work every play and be a better screen team with those two top backs! That’s their strength, not qb or wr.

He was a bit rough.  Seemed like he had very little control of the ball today.  And he just can’t escape pressure.  Led a nice drive to open the game, but fell apart from there.

Just now, Breeze said:

He was a bit rough.  Seemed like he had very little control of the ball today.  And he just can’t escape pressure.  Led a nice drive to open the game, but fell apart from there.

Once the Jags got to him with the strip sack he was never comfortable back there the rest of the game which is surprising for someone with his experience.  He kept panicking and making uncharacteristic mistakes.  Again while I don’t expect him to transform into Peyton Manning Jr I do think we will see much better games from him this year.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We are also probably found to see how much AR made the Oline pass blocking look good.

Except they have looked good when Minshew has been in there before today.  They hadn’t been credited with giving up sack going into today and since Minshew had played almost 50% of the snaps going into today you can’t say is all because of Richardson.  Look I know you like Richardson and want him to do well, we all do, but he is not the Colts only good player who does good things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Except they have looked good when Minshew has been in there before today.  They hadn’t been credited with giving up sack going into today and since Minshew had played almost 50% of the snaps going into today you can’t say is all because of Richardson.  Look I know you like Richardson and want him to do well, we all do, but he is not the Colts only good player who does good things.

IRS a lot different when you have a week to prepare for the backup.

6 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Well, if we keep losing we have a better chance of getting Harrison Jr, which is really the only thing I care about right now.  That will provide some excitement we won't see for the rest of this year.

We would have to be REALLY bad to get Jr.  Some draft boards have him projected as high as #2.  Even with Minshew, I still think we win 7 games.  That won't be bad enough to get Jr unless his draft stock suddenly tanks, and I don't see that happening.  I also don't think that Ballard will trade up to get him.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

"The injury that I said didn't count"...... There's no rational discussion with you on this situation.  All injuries "count".  I don't even know how to address the fact that you think some injuries count and some don't.  Once again, I've repeatedly said that it's way too early to say that he's injury prone, but you've either willfully ignored that or are having problems with reading comprehension.  I have no agenda.  It is concerning at this point that he can rarely finish a game.  He did finish the Rams game, you're correct.  That's my fault. Other than that, he's either missed entire games or hasn't finished.  That isn't normal.  That is cause for concern.  Hopefully it is bad luck. Time will tell, but to say "Oh, I guarantee it's all bad luck, some of those injuries don't count anyway" is ridiculous and sticking your head in the sand.  

Okay. I think players getting hurt in the NFL ( kinda happens a lot to just about everyone) is pretty normal. The timing of ARs first two injuries happening early on sucks, especially as fans, but it's not that crazy. If he returns and gets hurt again almost immediately, then I'd start to consider it a pattern.

And no, the Rams 'injury' doesn't count towards calling him injury prone. I won't count a nick that didn't stop him from a second of playing football as an 'injury'. That's ludicrous but believe what you want :default_20smile:

9 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Turnovers are my biggest pet peeve. I don't mind losing as long as my team doesn't beat itself. We just gave the game away today. If I was a headcoach and someone fumbled I would bench him for series. That is how much turnovers bother me. If it was just an average player and he fumbled, I would cut him the next day. If I lose, I better lose because I got outplayed, not over some bull fluky crap.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

IRS a lot different when you have a week to prepare for the backup.

Yeah so did the Ravens and the line didn’t give up a sack in that game either.  Minshew more or less sacked himself by never accounting for Hamilton coming.  The line has been good regardless of which QB has been in there.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the difference is teams can afford to bring pressure from different places other than the Dline, knowing they don’t need to cover as much field.  We got a heavy dose of that last year with Ryan.  I do like GM, but he does have limitations that were exploited today.  I do look forward to seeing how he comes back from this next week.

1 minute ago, kymd82222 said:

We would have to be REALLY bad to get Jr.  Some draft boards have him projected as high as #2.  Even with Minshew, I still think we win 7 games.  That won't be bad enough to get Jr unless his draft stock suddenly tanks, and I don't see that happening.  I also don't think that Ballard will trade up to get him.  

Yeah the problem is the Bears have a really good chance of having two of the top three picks.  If that happens taking Marvin Jr to go with whichever QB they take is just too easy and odds are whoever has the other pick (if the Bears don’t go back-to-back) probably isn’t trading out because they will want whichever QB (May) the Bears don’t take.

Just now, Breeze said:

I think the difference is teams can afford to bring pressure from different places other than the Dline, knowing they don’t need to cover as much field.  We got a heavy dose of that last year with Ryan.  I do like GM, but he does have limitations that were exploited today.  I do look forward to seeing how he comes back from this next week.

I agree Minshew has huge limitations I am just disagreeing with the assessment that the only reason the line had played well was because of AR.

3 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Okay. I think players getting hurt in the NFL ( kinda happens a lot to just about everyone) is pretty normal. The timing of ARs first two injuries happening early on sucks, especially as fans, but it's not that crazy. If he returns and gets hurt again almost immediately, then I'd start to consider it a pattern.

And no, the Rams 'injury' doesn't count towards calling him injury prone. I won't count a nick that didn't stop him from a second of playing football as an 'injury'. That's ludacris but believe what you want :default_20smile:

We may have to wait until next season to see him play again, which sucks.  Hopefully this season was just a string of bad luck for him.  I won't be surprised either way at this point.  One thing is for sure - Colts games are way less exciting without him out there.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah so did the Ravens and the line didn’t give up a sack in that game either.  Minshew more or less sacked himself by never accounting for Hamilton coming.  The line has been good regardless of which QB has been in there.

And we still had trouble scoring. Ravens are not very good at putting points on the board.

14 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Overall I do not approve of the job Shane did with the gameplan and play calling today. I was not impressed. Taylor lining up at wideout did not sit well with me. 

Someone please explain to me why we can’t put Taylor and Moss on the field at the same time a few times a game. This is starting to seem a bit like frank and how he would never play Hines and Taylor at the same time. 

I just don’t understand ignoring the run the way we did to try the passing gameplan that we tried. It was not a good combo and I don’t know why anyone would think it would be. 

JT and Moss on the ground are more dangerous than Minshew and any of the WRs in the air right now. Play to that. 

We did that on several snaps. It didn’t seem to matter 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some people said we should be able to run because we were even able to do that with wentz. People forget wentz arm had to be respected and he had wheels. There is nothing about Minshew that has to be respected.

The Colts HAVE been able to run, yes even with Minshew.  Let’s not forget Moss had 122 yards vs the Ravens when Minshew started.  The only team that has stopped the Colts from running is the Jags.  The first game they had their third string back who is no longer on the roster and the second game Shane over thought things and went pass heavy early and never tried to run.  Also the Jags have a really good front which accounts for it too.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

And we still had trouble scoring. Ravens are not very good at putting points on the board.

The Colts are one of four teams in the league to put up at least 20 points in every game this year.  No they aren’t the Miami Dolphins but they aren’t awful either.  This team is not as bad as you are trying to make them out to be tonight.  You are overreacting to a disappointing loss.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets bring Wentz back Buffalo Bills Football GIF by EliteSportsTours

There might be too much bad blood there with Irsay, but if Minshew ever goes down, I wouldn't mind seeing Wentz back in that scenario. Teams have to respect his arm strength at the very least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We did that on several snaps. It didn’t seem to matter 

Would those have also been the ones where Taylor was split out wide, because those were just wasted snaps. 

We just did not commit enough to the run today and then by the time we wanted to it was too late. And a short quick passing game did absolutely nothing to help open up any real running game. It was not a quality gameplan today. 

28 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don't know how many plays it was for, but near the end, I saw them both lined up in the backfield at least once.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The last part here is simply not true but like who you like.  Pittman was open too which is why he caught 9 of his 14 passes too.  If Downs was consistently open he would have had more than five targets.  By the way his 21 yards receiving was the fewest of anyone who caught a pass today which suggests he was not getting open down the field.  

I like Downs too but trying to spin today as he some how had a great day and Pittman stunk when Pittman put up five times as many yards as him and had almost double the catches is just that spin.

The Jags weren’t worried about Pittman lol. He was no threat. 

-1st half he had 2 catches

-Then the 3rd quarter once we were already down 31-6 he had a 40 yd catch and a 7 yard catch on the TD Drive

-Next drive 1 catch for 15 yards.

It’s all there if you look at the Play-by-Play. He didn’t do much until the 3rd quarter when the Colts were only passing. Jags sat in a soft zone and just didn’t give up the big play, which is perfect since that’s not really what Pittman does. He had 14 targets and not because he was always open, but because Minshew was forcing the ball to him (which is on Minshew not Pittman). 

• Like 1

As much as I hate getting spanked again by the Jags, I hope this puts to rest those that preferred Minshew over AR. I'm not saying AR would have won us this game, but the offense clearly isn't the same without AR. You could see how different the run game was. AR's presence alone makes defenses take an additional second to attack and that second makes a big difference and you saw that today.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Then the 3rd quarter once we were already down 31-6 he had a 40 yd catch and a 7 yard catch on the TD Drive

It’s all there if you look at the Play-by-Play. He didn’t do much until the 3rd quarter when the Colts were only passing. Jags sat in a soft zone and just didn’t give up the big play, which is perfect since that’s not really what Pittman does. He had 14 targets and not because he was always open, but because Minshew was forcing the ball to him (which is on Minshew not Pittman). 

So how did your boy Downs do today with his 21 yards in five catches?  Where was his 40 yard catch?  Do you not see absurdity of your argument that Downs was awesome today when he had the fewest yards receiving on the roster today (even less than Pierce) and then saying Pittman stunk when he caught double the passes for five times as many yards, heck Pittman doubled what Downs did for the day on ONE catch.  

Did Minshew force it at times?  Yes.  Why was that?  Pittman was the closest one to being open and Pittman caught 9 of the 14 targets so clearly he was making plays rather you think the passes were forced or not.  

No the Jags didn’t give up the big play which also means Downs wasn’t beating them for it either but yet three Colts had big plays today on passes.  Taylor, Granson, and Pittman so again Pittman outdid Downs today in just about every argument you can think of.  They also showed on the TV several times the Jags were doubling Pittman almost all day which means they absolutely thought he was a threat.  

it was also not garbage time in the third quarter.  The Colts were within two scores in the fourth quarter with the ball when they turned it over.  Only after the Jags scored there to go up by three scores with like five minutes left did the Jags back up and play prevent.

Still let’s over look that and say I agree with that Pittman did his damage in garbage time.  He still did damage, that’s something Downs can’t say today at all.

Again I like Downs too but arguing he was great today and Pittman was garbage today is just a bad take and for some reason you are doubling and tripling down on it so go ahead and do you.  

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Turnovers are my biggest pet peeve. I don't mind losing as long as my team doesn't beat itself. We just gave the game away today. If I was a headcoach and someone fumbled I would bench him for series. That is how much turnovers bother me. If it was just an average player and he fumbled, I would cut him the next day. If I lose, I better lose because I got outplayed, not over some bull fluky crap.

I think he benched Buckner for a play when he jumped offsides.  Just sayin.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Well, if we keep losing we have a better chance of getting Harrison Jr, which is really the only thing I care about right now.  That will provide some excitement we won't see for the rest of this year.

Our chances of getting MHJ are very slim.  

I think he goes top-5, no worse than top-7.   But I doubt that Colts pick that high.   And I doubt Ballard trades up — way too expensive.   So I don’t see that happening.  

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is how 30 other teams feel unfortunately. Only 1 team will be happy, the one that wins the SB. That is how 90% of people think in here. People like to pretend and say winning doesn't matter but when we lose it is a pile manure in here, when we win like last week, everyone is happy and the trolls disappear all week. Comical Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

I haven't seen many trolls in here this week at all.  Honest discussion isn't trolling.  I haven't seen many people bashing the team just for the fun of it.  We have some problems right now.  Nothing wrong with discussing them. 

After we beat the Ravens, we had some people on here saying we were a lock for the playoffs and might even be Super Bowl bound.  It was ridiculous. When some of us were realists and tried to temper expectations after just one game, we were called Debbie Downers and that we weren't true fans who wanted to see the team lose.  We are definitely better than last year and I think we are headed in the right direction, but we have a ways to go.  

1 minute ago, kymd82222 said:

I haven't seen many trolls in here this week at all.  Honest discussion isn't trolling.  I haven't seen many people bashing the team just for the fun of it.  We have some problems right now.  Nothing wrong with discussing them. 

After we beat the Ravens, we had some people on here saying we were a lock for the playoffs and might even be Super Bowl bound.  It was ridiculous. When some of us were realists and tried to temper expectations after just one game, we were called Debbie Downers and that we weren't true fans who wanted to see the team lose.  We are definitely better than last year and I think we are headed in the right direction, but we have a ways to go.  

For the most part with a few notable exceptions that I am not going to name I see fans doing what fans do.  Overreact to wins and loses.  Not trolls.  Fans, for the most part, are emotional and act accordingly.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well maybe the colts should of stopped turning it over and he might of got more chances lol.