Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

From my quick google search

Players stay on injured reserve for as long as they need to. A returning player is eligible to return to practice (or the active/inactive list) after four games have been played since he was placed on IR. They then have a four-week window to return to the active 

I hope that is correct. I know at 1 time it was 8 games so they may have changed it then. 

Has any team been shown to have actually tanked a season.......I mean even if the top brass wanted it how do you go about convincing the players?!......"Hey guys, here's an idea...why don't you all just tank the season after 5 games and look terrible in the process therefore affecting your future chances financially so we can have high picks next year and hopefully replace a fair few of you while you all look worthless?......any takers?!"

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen on the radio complaining colts could win too many games with Minshew lol. Richardson was looking good. We were going to win with him too.

He's in that camp ( there's a few on here too) that we need to lose games for higher draft pick. We are in a 3 year build...blah blah blah. Losers mentality 

• Like 4

My big concern is this is his SECOND AC joint injury to the same shoulder in 2 years time

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope that is correct. I know at 1 time it was 8 games so they may have changed it then. 

They did, a couple years back, 2020 I think it was

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Geez

Yeah, he’s done this year

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Has any team been shown to have actually tanked a season.......I mean even if the top brass wanted it how do you go about convincing the players?!......"Hey guys, here's an idea...why don't you all just tank the season after 5 games and look terrible in the process therefore affecting your future chances financially so we can have high picks next year and hopefully replace a fair few of you while you all look worthless?......any takers?!"

Suck for Luck :peek:

• Like 1

The way I look at it, sure it sucks that AR is out but if you remember….. right after the draft,half of the people on here thought we would be better off if Richardson sat on the Bench for most of the year until he was “ready” and let minshew be the starter.  So basically we are where  many people on here thought we would be anyways.  Doesn’t make the hurt any better but at least we know AR can play. The question is can he stay healthy??

Just now, Trace Pyott said:

The way I look at it, sure it sucks that AR is out but if you remember….. right after the draft,half of the people on here thought we would be better off if Richardson sat on the Bench for most of the year until he was “ready” and let minshew be the starter.  So basically we are where  many people on here thought we would be anyways.  Doesn’t make the hurt any better but at least we know AR can play. The question is can he stay healthy??

I am ok with Mustache filling in for a while. I think what stings is, AR has played much better than most thought he would.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wouldn’t go that far yet.

If he’s getting multiple opinions and treatment plans with surgery on the table, odds are he’s done for the year. And if I was Ballard, I’d err stupidly on the side of caution and let him heal all year so he’s ready to go for next. Don’t IR him so he can still attend practices to gain knowledge but don’t play him 

50 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Good points and I agree with what you said.

I guess my whole irritation with the read option stuff is that there is a lot of data, historical examples where teams that rely on those plays routinely in their offense usually end up with a dinged up QB and, subsequently, it’s hard for the offense to be effective and thrive.

Off hand Jalen Hurts is only example I can think of and he’s only in beginning of his 3rd year starting.  

Kaepernick is another one I guess, but IIRC he was also missing a decent number of games towards the end of his run there at SF.

Jalen Hurts is the model.  Other guys have done this with success for a time, LJ, Kap, Wilson, Tebow, and the best example is Super Bowl QB Cam Newton.  But there is clearly no evidence and long term success with read option guys.  But I’d take 5 or 6 competitive years and a SB appearance, Ala Newton from Arich wouldn’t you?

but if he doesn’t learn to protect he won’t last that long.

Just now, csmopar said:

If he’s getting multiple opinions and treatment plans with surgery on the table, odds are he’s done for the year. And if I was Ballard, I’d err stupidly on the side of caution and let him heal all year so he’s ready to go for next. Don’t IR him so he can still attend practices to gain knowledge but don’t play him 

Last night she reported he would get multiple opinions no matter what. This isn’t new need news.

Just now, Nickster said:

Jalen Hurts is the model.  Other guys have done this with success for a time, LJ, Kap, Wilson, Tebow, and the best example is Super Bowl QB Cam Newton.  But there is clearly no evidence and long term success with read option guys.  But I’d take 5 or 6 competitive years and a SB appearance, Ala Newton from Arich wouldn’t you?

but if he doesn’t learn to protect he won’t last that long.

If you look at QB injuries most happen in the pocket. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Last night she reported he would get multiple opinions no matter what. This isn’t new need news.

If you look at QB injuries most happen in the pocket. 

Do you have a source to back up that claim?

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Trey Lance keep flashing in my mind...

Yell Home Alone GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Oh Lord Please help us!!

Richardson is totally different from Lance. Richardson has shown he can be the future. Just has to be smarter on when to go down to avoid getting hit. 

AR is our future, but let’s safe guard that future and ride Minshew, for better or worse. Worst case. We let AR heal up fully, and if Minshew falters. We still have a long shot at a top 5/10 pick to get AR better weapons(hopefully) in the draft 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Can’t wait for when this awful turf is replaced and Richardson learns to avoid hits. Then we got something special brewing for this team. 

I used to like having turf. Now it’s a liability and I hate it. 

Just now, achcolts said:

Is it normal to get a third opinion ? Is he looking for the worst diagnosis or something lol 

My guess is he wants to be told something different and come back sooner. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Richardson is totally different from Lance. Richardson has shown he can be the future. Just has to be smarter on when to go down to avoid getting hit. 

I mean with the injuries.. trey never got to show off his talents because they dude kept getting injured 

1 hour ago, IanColts22 said:

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well tank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  But unless Minshew plays lights out and is the next brock purdy for the Colts then hey I'll take that too

You had me in the beginning but miss me with the rest of your posts. That’s loser mentality.

• Like 1