Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

15 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

is team has become a major dumpster fire and our owner is now the worst guy in the NFL since the owners booted Snyder.

So glad I dumped my season tix last Nov.   

Cowboy GIF

why pray tell are you even still here? To stroke your ego?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why would the colts make up a back injury and put him on NFI when they want him to play for them. They trying to tank his trade value.

Boyd reported today he only had a clean up and it was a 4 to 6 week injury.

Same thing though, all he has to say is it doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At this point he needs to just be off this team. We don’t need this trying to build a new culture with a young team.

If he gets a legit agent in his ear he could come back to the real world and be a major part of this team.  It's up to him.  I don't think all bridges have been torched yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

On the flip side, you pay a player that is faking an injury and other players might think why am I busting my butt off while he gets paid to sit on his.

This is part of the reason why Ballard drafts and signs high character players, so they don’t do that.  

Again, my post was responding to another poster who speculated that the players support the team and not Taylor.   I was explaining that when it comes to money, the players support players about 99 percent of the time. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At this point he needs to just be off this team. We don’t need this trying to build a new culture with a young team.

You’re being impatient.   

Irsay has already spoken.   The Colts are not trading Taylor now, or at the mid-season trade deadline.   Period. 

This will likely get re-visited in early March. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't think all bridges have been torched yet.

Pretty close.

Even more so with Taylor finally posting, and potentially lying? IDK, sounds like someone is.

Have to think the team wouldn't do anything to break any rules.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Now is the time to buy a Taylor jersey.   Probably on massive discount lol

Before Christmas in 2021, my wife was waking up around 4AM most mornings checking NFL shop and the Colts shop for it. She finally found them in stock and in my size and made sure I knew about the effort she put into getting me this jersey for Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe colts just caught Taylor in a lie. If they have record of reported back pain he just incriminated himself lol.

Just gonna have to wait for this to play out. I’m gonna say this, in Ballards tenure, the colts have been fairly transparent in every area except injuries. Generally speaking, they don’t release injury information to anyone in detail. Also, I don’t see the Colts lying about it either. So either the source is completely made up or JT is lying. Or perhaps it’s not the back that’s the issue, maybe it’s hip? Who knows. Point is, something is a miss here

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Before Christmas in 2021, my wife was waking up around 4AM most mornings checking NFL shop and the Colts shop for it. She finally found them in stock and in my size and made sure I knew about the effort she put into getting me this jersey for Christmas. 

My sister bought a Luck jersey for my nephew from a yard sale for $1.

This is like bizarro land stuff honestly. JT was literally like the most beloved guy on the team and now we're talking break up? wth happened? 

And our owner had a mafia style sit down with him... Lol ..Just strange all around.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

That's literally why I don't buy jerseys anymore. I've posted before about how I've got enough car washing rags (irrelevant Colts jerseys) nowadays .. Lol.

Just go with tshirts and sweatshirt like I do from now on. 

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Holder had a good point earlier. Said JT was mad before he changed agents so this has been brewing awhile. The sad they he hired an agent who hasn’t been truthful to him.

This possibility is what infuriates me … that he’s so mad about having one more year on his contract that pays a base salary of $4,304,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,117,482, that he would choose to ruin his reputation and potentially ruin his career by becoming a whiney contract complaining malcontent instead of playing the last year of his contractual obligation and then after the season engaging in contract negotiations to pay  him what he is worth based on his 2023 performance.

Based on what is being reported, I have lost all respect for JT and he has gone from being my favourite Colt, to most loathed … and I don’t know how this horrific turn of events can be fixed.  I mean, even if he now signed a 4-5 year lucrative extension and claimed to be happy, how can he now be trusted to even come close to honouring his written contractual commitment?

If I am any owner or GM in the league, I’m like, take this JT guy off our pro player prospect board.  Guy is a cancer.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's literally why I don't buy jerseys anymore. I've posted before about how I've got enough car washing rags (irrelevant Colts jerseys) nowadays .. Lol.

Just go with tshirts and sweatshirt like I do from now on. 

That’s my plan. Buying a jersey seems like a waste now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor’s agent just posted this under JT twitter post blaming Irsay for lying about the back.

Just can't imagine Colts saying this unless it really happened.

And they might not of. Wouldn't be the first time a source was wrong. Not even the second.

You don't usually see all the local guys throw it out there though.

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Holder had a good point earlier. Said JT was mad before he changed agents so this has been brewing awhile. The sad they he hired an agent who hasn’t been truthful to him.

Perhaps the first agent was being truthful and telling JT things he didn’t want to hear. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just can't imagine Colts saying this unless it really happened.

And they might not of. Wouldn't be the first time a source was wrong. Not even the second.

You don't usually see all the local guys throw it out there though.

Exactly. The Colts have NOTHING to gain by faking an injury. 

JT and his agent stand to gain substantially by faking and injury and somewhat less by leaking this rumor as it hurts the Colts image.

usually when you’re trying to figure out which of two parties (or more) are lying, you look at who has the most to benefit and 9.5 times out of 10, that’s the one lying. Over twenty years in law enforcement taught me that. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe colts just caught Taylor in a lie. If they have record of reported back pain he just incriminated himself lol.

I'm sure he told the Colts about it and in good faith the Colts were gonna let it go under the table. Then JT pulled his moves and the Colts said we got one for ya...

Football is a business and JT has no leverage in this negotiations. Just look at players like Tom Brady and how hard it was for him to cut loose from the Pats. JT overplayed his hand and was mishandleed by his agent. Cut the agent and redress the issue next year with Irsay. Irsay is not unreasonable and is one of the few owners that would have upped his salary next year without franchising him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to add one more reminder to JT. Irsay brought the truth to what the owners would not accept in the Lamar Jackson situation this offseason. He did the same now with the RB's but JT decided to follow his agent's crazy idea that Irsay is an ego maniac. Lamar did not have an agent otherwise he would still be unsigned. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I'm sure he told the Colts about it and in good faith the Colts were gonna let it go under the table. Then JT pulled his moves and the Colts said we got one for ya...

Possibly. Mike Chappel doesn’t bat 100 percent but the fact Rapport tweeted similar, tells me there’s smoke here. 

im not sure what all is involved in an nfl physical but I’m assuming it involves range of motion tests too. Let’s say his back was hurt and limited his range of motion, he could have failed cause of that. Im just guess here trying to figure out what’s what but it’s just that, me thinking out loud 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If the Colts put him on a list where they don’t pay him, then they’re escalating the situation.   The Colts would be playing hardball.   And while most here would cheer that loudly, most players will note the team is playing hardball with a top player.   As I said, that means no player is safe.   

Way too dramatic. Players are “safe” if they don’t pull all the nonsense JT has. I don’t think CB is a good GM but he’s not sitting in his office twirling his mustache and deciding what player to mess with this week. Taylor brought all this on himself. You don’t give players enough credit if you think they don’t see it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Can there be a compromise?

The Vikings have a player, D. Hunter, who was in the same situation -- he was in camp this month but not practicing. He was under contract for this last year of a long term deal. This weekend, he was given a new one-year contract that works for him and the team. He wanted a long-term deal which the GM was not ready to give. So, to compromise, Hunter was given a deal and will make more money this year. He can sign with any team, including us, next year. If he leaves we get a 3rd round comp pick. It works for player and team.

The Colts are better with JT than without him and definitely without the distraction.

I thought of this as a potential option when stuff first started. But almost no way now.

Hunter was odd too....he was set to make $4.9M and the Vikings gave him $17M with another $3M in incentives AND a no tag clause to report this year. 

Hunter won that big-time. 

JT has zero leverage here. He could maybe maybe maybe get a Saquon type deal where there's a small sweetener. But no way the colts give up the tag provision and no incentive for them to give him any big money when he has almost no options. 

Just ugly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Way too dramatic. Players are “safe” if they don’t pull all the nonsense JT has. I don’t think CB is a good GM but he’s not sitting in his office twirling his mustache and deciding what player to mess with this week. Taylor brought all this on himself. You don’t give players enough credit if you think they don’t see it. 

You haven’t been reading all of my posts if you think I believe the players don’t know what’s going on.   The opposite is true.   

This viewpoint extends back earlier today when a poster here speculated that the players would be angry with Taylor.  I told the poster that among players, there’s a code.   You don’t begrudge a teammate for doing what they have to do to get their money.   So while they may not say much publicly, privately 99 percent of players likely support Taylor.    And if the Colts are willing to play hardball with Taylor, one of the best and most the players on the team, then they realize the Colts might someday play hardball with them.   The players are very dialed into this.  

Im sure I’ve written plenty for you to disagree with.   So why don’t we save us both the time of meaningless exchanges and agree that we agree on almost nothing.   Fair enough?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You haven’t been reading all of my posts if you think I believe the players don’t know what’s going on.   The opposite is true.   

This viewpoint extends back earlier today when a poster here speculated that the players would be angry with Taylor.  I told the poster that among players, there’s a code.   You don’t begrudge a teammate for doing what they have to do to get their money.   So while they may not say much publicly, privately 99 percent of players likely support Taylor.    And if the Colts are willing to play hardball with Taylor, one of the best and most the players on the team, then they realize the Colts might someday play hardball with them.   The players are very dialed into this.  

Im sure I’ve written plenty for you to disagree with.   So why don’t we save us both the time of meaningless exchanges and agree that we agree on almost nothing.   Fair enough?  

The more Taylor gets, the less that is available for other players to get.  I don't think it is as simple as all players are siding with Taylor.

Teams that overpay players based on positional value tend to be the teams with losing records.   You can't just pay your players whatever they want just to prevent a mutiny.

• Thanks 1