Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#4, Rams @ Colts, Sunday, October 1st, 1:00PM EDT

NFLfan

Rams @ Colts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How many sacks will the Colts have?

3. 3. How many receiving yards will Puka Nacua have for the Rams?

• Less than 50
    • 50 to 100
    • More than 100
    • Who's Puka Nacua??

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2023 at 05:10 PM

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yuuup. At this rate, we need JT to make this offense truly explosive. Or trade him for a mid round pick & a starting corner/safety. 

It sucks we lost as our entire division is now 2-2. All 3 division teams won. But, I didn’t even expect us to be in contention prior to the season. We should be pretty darn good next year with one good off-season & continued development at QB, LT, CB, etc

I’d take secondary help over offensive help at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Yes, but it still sucks to see. More than anything, Ballard essentially threw this year by starting UDFA 1 yr players, along with drafting rookies, to replace Gilmore and Rodgers. Maybe those rookies develop, but that's gonna take a minute.

Rodgers was suspended after the draft. Flowers played well.  Moore got roasted most of the day.  Stafford made some big time throws.  Leonard is completely lost.  I wasn’t a fan of Johnson and Bryan bring the DT’s that final drive. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah we need better players in the secondary/. Offense looks pretty good. Go sure up the defense. Because it would suck for our rookie QB to be really good and defense looses us games.

Not really when we need a star at WR

14 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Gus is the worst coordinator in the NFL currently. He was definitely a downgrade from Eberflus. Rex Ryan walks in the door tomorrow. He woke make the defense better.

U haven't got the players to run Ryan's defense. He attacks and relies heavily in his man corners. It would be a complete over haul, so I disagree with u. Plus, thr Dline is smallish as are the  lbs to run his scheme.

Gus is the worst coordinator in the NFL currently. He was definitely a downgrade from Eberflus. Rex Ryan walks in the door tomorrow. He woke make the defense better.

U haven't got the players to run Ryan's defense. He attacks and relies heavily in his man corners. It would be a complete over haul, so I disagree with u. Plus, thr Dline is smallish as are the  lbs to run his scheme.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So good you quotes it 6 times.

Point isn’t the he would run his normal style. Point is he would take our cats and make them better.

Gus does not. We get excuses.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Rodgers was suspended after the draft. Flowers played well.  Moore got roasted most of the day.  Stafford made some big time throws.  Leonard is completely lost.  I wasn’t a fan of Johnson and Bryan bring the DT’s that final drive. 

Idk what happened, but not having Buckner and Stewart in there is what essentially lost the game in OT for us. If we don't get good pressure, our safeties and CBs are below average at best.

4 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

So good you quotes it 6 times.

Point isn’t the he would run his normal style. Point is he would take our cats and make them better.

Gus does not. We get excuses.

How can u take our cats as u say and make them better? We don't have man corners. Our lbs and Dljne are smallish for his system. It would be a complete over haul and not simply Ryan using a magic wand. U remember what happened when they fired Pagano? He ran the  Baltimore D, which Ryan runs. Ballard did a complete over haul and got players to fit this defensive scheme.

21 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We got torched because of how bad Blackmon and Thomas are in coverage. I can’t blame Gus for that when he’s also dealing with rookies on the outside. 

He can’t cover as well. That’s on the scouts

People have to remember, secondary players in this D,, dontvexcell in man coverage. They have to play as a unit and when they  don't, its disastrous.

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

People have to remember, secondary players in this D,, dontvexcell in man coverage. They have to play as a unit and when they  don't, its disastrous.

Gus’ scheme allows basically zero room for error. It’s a hard D to play on the back end

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How can u take our cats as u say and make them better? We don't have man corners. Our lbs and Dljne are smallish for his system. It would be a complete over haul and not simply Ryan using a magic wand. U remember what happened when they fired Pagano? He ran the  Baltimore D, which Ryan runs. Ballard did a complete over haul and got players to fit this defensive scheme.

The point isn’t what system. I could name 10 coordinators and each would take the current players and play better. It’s just Gus isn’t good at his job. 

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

The point isn’t what system. I could name 10 coordinators and each would take the current players and play better. It’s just Gus isn’t good at his job. 

This I will tell u. I am not sure about. U look around the league, and this system is not in vogue anymore. It had its time with Seattle, and they had all pros everywhere. Qbs are too good now a days to play primarily zone all day against them. This D relies on thr front 3 to get pressure.  If they don't, u r in big trouble cause the corners cannot play man. That is not strength.  It's a simple D scheme to run and s simple scheme to beat if u don't have at least 2 all pros on the Dline.

12 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Gus’ scheme allows basically zero room for error. It’s a hard D to play on the back end

We don't have the front four that Tampa and Seattle had. The major factor is that it is an out dated scheme. I honestly think this. I beleive Richardson is showing a lot and seems to be the future. That being said, he is not being helped out by the skill players drafted by Ballard. There maybe a power struggle where Steichen will wow Irsay and it is quite evident that this team is lacking talent at key positions.  Steichen is going to scrap this D and then ask yourself this. What role and value would Ballard have going forward?  Steichen is type A and there is no doubt that he is not going to let anyone stand in his way  of achieving success. He will probably view  Ballard as an average talent evaluator and he has a lot of friends in that Eagle front office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

I’d say our strengths are at QB, LB, and DL. Two of those are almost necessary, but you really need your DBs to be a strength too

Qb and rbs are good. Oline is improving. Dline performs well against average to below average Olines. Wrs a huge disappointment and I like our te group. Lbs r strong. 

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't see how anyone can be bashing the team after this loss when most were saying it was over at halftime. We were down 23-0 and AR played like a Boss in the 4th Qtr. We lost to a good team in OT. Stafford is a very good QB with a SB ring, he has been around. We could've quit when it was 23-0 but we had an unbelievable comeback. Our defense was just gassed, and unfortunately they won the coin toss. The way we lost was heart breaking but overall the team looked good in the 2nd half. AR actually redeemed himself in the 4th and ended up playing a good game. It is what it is, that is football. 

To follow this up, there are no moral victories but after being down 23-0, watching AR do his thing for a small stretch was pretty cool. Still 2-2 and time to game plan for a huge game vs Tennessee. 

• NFLfan locked this topic