Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Hapless Bears

King Colt

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

After flopping 0-2 this year the Bears have now lost 12 consecutive games. This was supposed to be a big leap forward in 2023. Gues not. Maybe next year. Oh, and Packer fans how did the plate of reality taste today? The Lions? Yeah, well. 

Hoping for number 13 next week against the Chefs. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If the Bears can’t turn this around, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a complete house cleaning after this season.   

I’m talking GM, HC, and QB.   

Give a new front office team a chance at rebuilding with two high first round picks next year, the Bears and the Panthers.

Yes. If they’re picking 1st overall again, then get Caleb Williams and pair him with a QB oriented coaching staff. Bears fans deserve so much better. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

After flopping 0-2 this year the Bears have now lost 12 consecutive games. This was supposed to be a big leap forward in 2023. Gues not. Maybe next year. Oh, and Packer fans how did the plate of reality taste today? The Lions? Yeah, well. 

Lions got hosed on that last play. There’s letting them play and then there’s influencing for an outcome.

2 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

There's been so much talk about what good progress Fields did last season.... Tbh... I never trusted that. Dunno why, but I had a feeling. I stayed away from any bears player in ff. And I play 3 leagues. In none I have a bears player. 

Then there is that guy who had Trubisky and had a lucky surge with Montgomery towards the end of 2019/2020, I think, who stole my workplace Fantasy championship from me. That is all I can remember worth anything related to Bears and offense.

Of course, losing regular season fantasy football games to the Bears D with Nathan Peterman throwing 2 pick sixes in 2018 left a scar too. :) 

On 9/17/2023 at 9:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

If the Bears can’t turn this around, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a complete house cleaning after this season.   

I’m talking GM, HC, and QB.   

Give a new front office team a chance at rebuilding with two high first round picks next year, the Bears and the Panthers.

The current GM was hired only two or so years ago, no? Did he hire the current coach?  I think he, not a new GM, should get the chance to rebuild with two first round picks. Two years is not enough time to turn things around.

The Bears have had so much turnover. They are looking a bit like how the Browns used to be.

I value continuity more than most fans do.

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Bears honestly need to fire clean house and hire Eric B as the HC and allow him to develop Fields.  

Poles and Bienemy were with the Chiefs together. I wonder why he did not hire Bienemy then, especially given that the Bears had drafted a young QB. The Bears also could have hired him as OC this year.

• Like 1

Tank, get the #1 pick in Williams and hire Eric B, trade Fields for what you can get. Problem solved. Even if Fields plays lousy, they still could probably get a 3rd for him. Someone will take a chance on him. There were so many people in here that wanted us to trade up and get Fields. That is not aging well now, I wasn't one of them. I thought he would be average at best.

16 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Some really wild stuff happening with this story. FBI was apparently involved with “extremely sensitive content” found per Ian Rappaport.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/alan-williams-raid-fbi-chicago-bears-sensitive-content/

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The current GM was hired only two or so years ago, no? Did he hire the current coach?  I think he, not a new GM, should get the chance to rebuild with two first round picks. Two years is not enough time to turn things around.

The Bears have had so much turnover. They are looking a bit like how the Browns used to be.

I value continuity more than most fans do.

The new GM drafted Fields (and traded up to do it) and hired Eberflus.  But if you fail on both of those big decisions you typically lose your job.   Few owners will keep the GM who missed on both spots. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The new GM drafted Fields (and traded up to do it) and hired Eberflus.  But if you fail on both of those big decisions you typically lose your job.   Few owners will keep the GM who missed on both spots. 

I agree. I think the damage has been done already. There's just too much going on with the team negatively. Unless the team somehow manages to pull itself up and win the division, there will be major changes in January, perhaps even before so. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually the old GM drafted Fields which was Ryan Pace in 2021. Ryan Poles took over in 2022, he did hire Eberflus though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Poles was hired in January of 2022. It is only September of 2023. That does not sound like ample time to turn things around. He inherited Fields. He needs time to build the team.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Poles was hired in January of 2022. It is only September of 2023. That does not sound like ample time to turn things around. He inherited Fields. He needs time to build the team.

Yes….   Another poster already corrected me.    Two different Bears GMs, both named Ryan.   

One picked Fields.   The other picked Eberflus.   I was wrong.  I stand corrected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Chicago Bears defensive coordinator was a member of the defensive staff for the "Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts".

The press release indicated that he was resigning to spend more time taking care of his health and his family.

The team can now officially be called "The Bad News Bears".

UPDATE ON ALAN WILLIAMS:

CBS reported on Sunday that there was NO police presence of any kind - regarding Bears DC Alan Williams resignation.

However - the Bears "Human Resource Department" was a part of the discussion that led to the resignation.

No further details were shared - which is standard in employment issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's sad when the best QB of your franchise history has been Jim McMahon lmao . (I am talking SB era) Luckman played 1000 years ago. 

They ran Cutler out of town for Trubisky. Trubisky wins 54% of his games and run him out to draft Fields who has won 19% of his games. :lol: They fire Lovie Smith after going 10-6   and hire Nagy. Nagy wins over 50% of his games with Trubisky and they punt them both out of town. I love it. People are fools to be Bears fans. 

• Like 1