Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags post game thread

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You could be on to something here. We don’t know where Steichen is in this. I expect a RB signing this week.

I doubt we sign a RB, I think they believe Moss will fill that hole and they hope for JT to return after he gets off PUP. 

I am worried about our run game though, that was horrendous and I can only imagine what Tony Sparano jr. will be yelling when they review the game film with the players.

9 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I doubt we sign a RB, I think they believe Moss will fill that hole and they hope for JT to return after he gets off PUP. 

I am worried about our run game though, that was horrendous and I can only imagine what Tony Sparano jr. will be yelling when they review the game film with the players.

Yeah but Hull got hurt. We need another RB.

Tough loss but not unexpected.  A few bad play calls on Coach, but hey he is new to this too.  O-line again played under their paychecks which resulted in no run blocking and no time for WR seperation .  I think we got us a QB, I was impressed with him playing his first game.  Defense played well enough for us to win.  All an all It was a fun game to watch and probably despite the loss, I enjoyed it more than any game last season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We gave up four sacks today.  One of their players had three.  I thought the initial protection held up well.  Our receivers were having a hard time getting open and subsequently AR had to take off.

I really get tired of everyone blaming WR. A lot of time it’s scheme that gets them open.  

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think this Oline is using new blocking schemes ect with a mobile QB. Hopefully the run blocking will get better.

Can someone tell me who gave up the sacks?

Raiman I know gave up one, Fries another, not sure who gave up the rest as there was at least one time AR took off running but was short of the line of scrimmage and that counts as a sack 

I really get tired of everyone blaming WR. A lot of time it’s scheme that gets them open.  

These same WR group couldn’t get separated last year under a different scheme. 

• Like 1

I think this Oline is using new blocking schemes ect with a mobile QB. Hopefully the run blocking will get better.

Can someone tell me who gave up the sacks?

2 of the sacks happened when Richardson stepped out of bounce after rolling out.

Those sacks aren't on anyone but Richardson, all he had to do was toss the ball out of bounce.

• Like 3

Just now, csmopar said:

Raiman I know gave up one, Fries another, not sure who gave up the rest as there was at least one time AR took off running but was short of the line of scrimmage and that counts as a sack 

That happened a couple of times.  That’s going to be part of Richardson I’d rather him have a few more one yard sacks a game because he ran out of bounds rather than trying to lean into defenders to get back to the line of scrimmage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

That happened a couple of times.  That’s going to be part of Richardson I’d rather him have a few more one yard sacks a game because he ran out of bounds rather than trying to lean into defenders to get back to the line of scrimmage.

Agreed

My two cents, for what it’s worth……

AR5 is the real deal. He’s poised and the moment was not too big for him. The pick he threw is a pick - lots of more seasoned QB’s have not seen the underneath man and made the same throw. One negative observation is that he seemed to be guiding passes instead of just letting her rip! 

The dline appears to be pretty deep as even the second unit was getting pressure and stopping the run.

Flowers and Baker looked good out there. They’ve earned the starting role - yeah I know Baker gave up a TD on a perfectly placed ball. 

Blackmon is a &$@%#. He had a chance one on one with Tank in the hole and he stepped aside and let him waltz right into the end zone.

Ogletree makes a good grab and poof, straight to concussion protocol. Ooof

Hull breaks off a good run (his 1st official run) and poof, hurt his knee AND it was called back for holding. Double ooof

#35. wth over? Two lost fumbles and a dropped pass. I didn’t know we signed Kadarius Toney?

Our head coach……ooofta…..his 4th down decisions leave a bit to be desired. I like his play calling with one exception - running up the back of your lineman on every RPO is played out. #35 didn’t have an opportunity to run because of the extra 1-2 seconds in the backfield. 

Granson continues to improve and impress while Cox looks old and slow now - he’s likely gone when Woods returns from the IR.

Pierce was nonexistent . Full stop.

Downs started great and then they took him away defensively by bracketing him.

Pittman scored on a well designed play but was pretty nonexistent until the end of the 4th quarter.

The oline was not as dominant as 2021, but they are far better than last year. There were an awful lot of “sacks” on the stat sheet, but, I only remember one time it happened in the pocket while like 3 of them were him running out of bounds. 

Shaq was not himself, as I stated previously that he will never be the same again. But, it appears that he played and apparently did not get hurt. Speed is going to surpass him though and I still say this is Shaw’s last year as a Colt.

Zaire is that man. Full stop!

Overall if the team plays hard like this and is in every game I will be happy with the youngsters cutting their teeth this year! Steichen had them ready to play - which is a far cry better than the previous regime.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

These same WR group couldn’t get separated last year under a different scheme. 

Thanks. I was listening to bring the juice and they were trashing Braden smith. I am like I don’t remember him being called out for a bad game. They kept saying Allen mauled  him. Why I stopped listening to them.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thanks. I was listening to bring the juice and they were trashing Braden smith. I am like I don’t remember him being called out for a bad game. They kept saying Allen mauled  him. Why I stopped listening to them.

I saw one play where Allen just came unblocked but if you watch the play Granson was on the outside of Smith and just didn’t block Allen so I think that was more on Granson.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Smith and Kelly had quiet solid games, Nelson still doesn’t look himself. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

AR5 is the real deal. He’s poised and the moment was not too big for him. The pick he threw is a pick - lots of more seasoned QB’s have not seen the underneath man and made the same throw. One negative observation is that he seemed to be guiding passes instead of just letting her rip! 

The dline appears to be pretty deep as even the second unit was getting pressure and stopping the run.

Flowers and Baker looked good out there. They’ve earned the starting role - yeah I know Baker gave up a TD on a perfectly placed ball. 

Blackmon is a &$@%#. He had a chance one on one with Tank in the hole and he stepped aside and let him waltz right into the end zone.

Hull breaks off a good run (his 1st official run) and poof, hurt his knee AND it was called back for holding. Double ooof

#35. wth over? Two lost fumbles and a dropped pass. I didn’t know we signed Kadarius Toney?

Our head coach……ooofta…..his 4th down decisions leave a bit to be desired. I like his play calling with one exception - running up the back of your lineman on every RPO is played out. #35 didn’t have an opportunity to run because of the extra 1-2 seconds in the backfield. 

Granson continues to improve and impress while Cox looks old and slow now - he’s likely gone when Woods returns from the IR.

Pittman scored on a well designed play but was pretty nonexistent until the end of the 4th quarter.

The oline was not as dominant as 2021, but they are far better than last year. There were an awful lot of “sacks” on the stat sheet, but, I only remember one time it happened in the pocket while like 3 of them were him running out of bounds. 

Shaq was not himself, as I stated previously that he will never be the same again. But, it appears that he played and apparently did not get hurt. Speed is going to surpass him though and I still say this is Shaw’s last year as a Colt.

Overall if the team plays hard like this and is in every game I will be happy with the youngsters cutting their teeth this year! Steichen had them ready to play - which is a far cry better than the previous regime.

Shaq actually played surprisingly well. I wasn’t expecting that. I do think Franklin has surpassed him right now. But really the LB core was really good today, as well the DL until 10 minutes to go in the 4th

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t typically pay attention to small details. So glad some of you do. But I do know my eye test and not hearing his name that had to be a lie.

I used to not until I realized that the media looks to make crap up that isn’t true for headlines.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He also failed to pick off Lawrence as the ball hit him on his chest.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Fans having podcasts is cool. But at least have facts and don’t spew lies that make you look dumb. Most of the fan podcasts I listen to at least know what they are talking about.

Yeah I am not saying they shouldn’t have pod casts.  I am just saying the fact they do doesn’t make them media.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think the Colts definitely win that game with Taylor. He gets yards after contact and doesn’t fumble the ball often. Plus his ability to hit the home run makes you have to stack the box.

He fumbled a lot last year. I’m not sure how many were lost but he put the ball on the ground quite a bit last year. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

He fumbled a lot last year. I’m not sure how many were lost but he put the ball on the ground quite a bit last year. 

Taylor had three fumbles last year.  The NFL records a fumble rather you recover it or not, they have a different stat for fumbles lost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Discuss

Honestly the game went better than I expected. I truly though that the playcalling was a tad bit too aggressive. You have to take the points when they are there. I believe we left two potential FGs off the board. This is Shane’s first game as a head coach so I am hoping he grows from this. But taking points is critical, it could’ve changed the entire dynamic of the game. AR played well for a rookie , showed poise. They blitzed him a lot and he didn’t panic too much, I will say I would like to see him take what the defense gives him more. That will obviously come with experience. The defense played pretty well, I was pleasantly surprised with the defensive line. I think once the DBs get more game experience the defense will play lights out. All in all the future looks bright, I expected the Jags to win , but we put up a damn good fight.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I also think Baker Jr and Flowers will be fine. I see others who think different but to me the catches that got completed on Baker were not wide open. He usually has good positioning. They didn't test Flowers as much as Baker and I saw Flowers break up a pass pretty nicely. Rookies are going to have moments good and bad. I try not to conclude they suck Everytime a pass is completed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I saw one play where Allen just came unblocked but if you watch the play Granson was on the outside of Smith and just didn’t block Allen so I think that was more on Granson.  

Allen got around Smith twice and caught AR from behind. Granson is a poor blocker and often isn't in sink with the guy beside him.

So he makes a couple catches, yippee.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said tonight on tv he expects colts to win in Houston next Sunday.

I do too bc we will have an easier time exposing Stroud versus an experienced guy like Lawrence.. And Houston has less weapons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

I could immediately tell Ogletree was concussed when he didn't make any attempts to celebrate after his catch.

What scared me about drafting Richardson was him running and getting hurt. Hopefully he learns to read the defense, check into the best play, find the open receiver, and only runs as a last resort. I only saw highlights of the game. It looked like two receivers ran the same rout 5 yards apart on the interception. Throwing there is asking for trouble. I’m not going to blame the receivers for not getting open, if they really aren’t. It could be the  routs called aren’t a good match for the defense played. A top qb would probably change the play according to the defense. Hopefully ar learns how to do this. I don’t get this “defense getting worn down”, why doesn’t the offense get corn down being on the field the same amount of time? Both lines are banging into each other, wr/db running with each other, everyone is playing hard. It’s just an excuse for not getting the job done! It doesn’t seem like the line gets the kind of push other lines get. I don’t know if it’s the talent or the blocking scheme. I feel better about this year than last because of the qb position, last year was awful.

• Like 1