Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice Squad Announcements. **Updated with new signings**

w87r

https://atozsports.com/indianapolis/indianapolis-colts-2023-practice-squad-tracker/

Indianapolis Colts 2023 Practice Squad Tracker: 

D.J. Montgomery WR

Liam Anderson LB

Jason Huntley RB

Jake Funk RB

Ronnie Harrison Jr. S

Al Quadin Muhammad DE

Henry Black S

Donavan Mutin LB

Amari Rodgers WR

Juwann Winfree WR

Mike Strachan WR

Isaac Taylor-Stuart CB

Dan Skipper OT

Caleb Sampson DT

Kevin Toliver II CB

Racey McMath WR

Marcel Dabo S *

* Marcel Dabo holds a special exemption allowing the Colts to hold 17 players on their practice squad as long as he is on it. 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’m also kind of wondering whether Fries heads to the IR.  We have a lot of OL right now…

That would be something, since O'Donnell was waived, other than Hambright, and Sills who we just acquired today, we really have no options

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

At 4:01 today, teams can move players to the IR and have it be non-season ending…

I have noticed some players have beef put on IR today from other teams.  I wonder why they didn’t wait until after 4pm.  If they were all season ending they didn’t have to wait until today.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have noticed some players have beef put on IR today from other teams.  I wonder why they didn’t wait until after 4pm.  If they were all season ending they didn’t have to wait until today.

Maybe they were told they’d be IRed and said so on social media…or they were put on season-ending IR…

10 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Is apparently a special teams ace, or was known as that at LSU. Tall and very fast but not a productive receiver in college. Only 33 receptions and 4 TDs over three seasons.

Seems like a Strachan with Speed and special teams ability.  The 2 things Mike doesn't have this guy has. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’m also kind of wondering whether Fries heads to the IR.  We have a lot of OL right now…

It is a case of water, water, everywhere, not a drop to drink...with the OL - more quantity than quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

No Darius Rush , that’s upsetting.

edit: looks like he was claimed by the Chiefs.

Yeah, the fact that a good team claimed him would suggest he was worth it to keep on our roster till he recovered. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the fact that a good team claimed him would suggest he was worth it to keep on our roster till he recovered. 

Ballard made it known in his presser he more or less got caught up in the numbers game and that’s why he was released not because he was hurt.  He basically said Jones played so well he took Rush’s spot.

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard made it known in his presser he more or less got caught up in the numbers game and that’s why he was released not because he was hurt.  He basically said Jones played so well he took Rush’s spot.

Other than that pick 6 I will say on most cases I did notice Jones more than Rush. Jones was out there competing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Yea I agree, I think we should’ve kept him over Tony Brown IMO.

Brown is the only backup slot to KM.

I wish they could have kept Rush too, they probably could have snuck Brown through waivers and put him on the PS.

But Rush and JuJu both have missed a lot of time.  Except for that gifted pick six, neither one of them look anywhere near ready.  

TBH, none of these CBs are ready. He shows promise and were super thin there. Even if he stays on the inactive list then cool. He was a steal of a draft pick (even if he needed developed) and now it's a waste. There was definitely a way we could of kept and groomed him. Hopefully we can get him back at some point, but I doubt it. If he ever develops into even a decent CB for the Chiefs, then that's another mark for Ballard. I will digress from the topic now. Is what it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Brown is the only backup slot to KM.

I wish they could have kept Rush too, they probably could have snuck Brown through waivers and put him on the PS.

But Rush and JuJu both have missed a lot of time.  Except for that gifted pick six, neither one of them look anywhere near ready.  

I just think he has a ton more upside than Brown does, but that’s just my opinion. Like you said sneak Brown to the PS to retain Rush. But who knows how that would have all played out.

• Like 1