Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woods torn hamstring

holeymoley99

17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Ogletree, Gransen and Mallory offer a lot of pass catching upside but Cox offers more inline blocking so my guess is all of them are safely on the 53 until Woods returns from IR or the PuP…..

I still wonder if CB is trying to move MAC before cutdowns?  

59 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not a doctor but from what I gather a strain is actually a tear so it probably is still a strain but more severe?

A full tear normally requires surgery and up to three months to heal.

A strain which you are correct to say is technically a tear can take anywhere between three to eight weeks to heal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

A full tear normally requires surgery and up to three months to heal.

A strain which you are correct to say is technically a tear can take anywhere between three to eight weeks to heal.

Yeah if it is a complete tear, he will be done for the season. A severe strain, he can be back in November. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Not a doctor but from what I gather a strain is actually a tear so it probably is still a strain but more severe?

A fully torn hamstring is a grade 3 strain. A partially torn is a Grade 2 strain. And a grade 1 strain is really just a pulled hammy. 

I am guessing it's at least grade 2 strain if they are using the word "torn." Not good for a bigger guy who is also a pass catcher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

A fully torn hamstring is a grade 3 strain. A partially torn is a Grade 2 strain. And a grade 1 strain is really just a pulled hammy. 

I am guessing it's at least grade 2 strain if they are using the word "torn." Not good for a bigger guy who is also a pass catcher. 

If it was grade 3, we would know it because that would require surgery and someone would have reported it, my guess using the word torn is just because they didn't know which grade it was because even a grade 1 is a tear. Hamstrings take a very long time to heal though and can get re-aggravated easily. I know my tear took 6 months to fully recover and it was painful, after work I couldn't sleep with any pressure on that leg just because of the pain.

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Ogletree, Gransen and Mallory offer a lot of pass catching upside but Cox offers more inline blocking so my guess is all of them are safely on the 53 until Woods returns from IR or the PuP…..

MAC is supposed to be a good in-line guy.  But he regressed last season.   

I like the idea of two bigs and two flex.  Granson has done real well this year and Mallory could be even better given time.  

I really like the potential of Woods and AR in the red zone. When Richardson rolls out what does a LB do? Stick to Woods like glue and let Richardson potentially carry it in, or give Woods a step and make sure Richardson can’t take off with it? If he does the latter all he’s going to be able to do is watch helplessly as Richardson sails one directly over his head for Woods to go up and get. 

Have fun not getting the wrong answer on that test. 

Really hope to see Woods out there healthy soon!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I really like the potential of Woods and AR in the red zone. When Richardson rolls out what does a LB do? Stick to Woods like glue and let Richardson potentially carry it in, or give Woods a step and make sure Richardson can’t take off with it? If he does the latter all he’s going to be able to do is watch helplessly as Richardson sails one directly over his head for Woods to go up and get. 

Have fun not getting the wrong answer on that test. 

Really hope to see Woods out there healthy soon!

I really like Woods, think Ogletee could create that some kind of mismatch and situation down at the goal line/

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 2:18 PM, Zoltan said:

If it was grade 3, we would know it because that would require surgery and someone would have reported it, my guess using the word torn is just because they didn't know which grade it was because even a grade 1 is a tear. Hamstrings take a very long time to heal though and can get re-aggravated easily. I know my tear took 6 months to fully recover and it was painful, after work I couldn't sleep with any pressure on that leg just because of the pain.

The worst part is that this was a reaggravation of a hamstring injury he suffered back in spring. Hamstring injuries are really tricky. And Woods is a huge person. Hopefully they give him plenty of time to heal up.

• Like 1