Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA news / mandatory mini camp news

Stephen

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nelson or  another lineman made a comment last year how there was too much screaming when someone would make a small error. Sounds like maybe there wasn’t enough teaching and too much screaming. Hopefully that alone makes this Oline better since no real changes were made. 

You mean the screaming and yelling coach fans always want because they want to yell at players for every mistake but can’t didn’t work?  I am shocked!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You mean the screaming and yelling coach fans always want because they want to yell at players for every mistake but can’t didn’t work?  I am shocked!!!

Yeah remember Reich hired his friend as Oline coach too. He should of been way before Reich was. So far it seems I don’t see a lot of Steichen hiring his friends. He didn’t even know Tony. Could just because he is still a young coach but I like that he has tried to just hire the right guy is refreshing. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Freeland is getting first team reps because Smith is sitting out practice with a minor injury. 

Smarty pants anyone that doesn't know Smith is out with a tweak isn't a poster I'm posting to. 

Hopeful, optimistic fans like me should like that Freeland is getting quality reps asap. It may be a long road till he is a decent backup. This should be good for him. Go Freeland!

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Smarty pants anyone that doesn't know Smith is out with a tweak isn't a poster I'm posting to. 

Hopeful, optimistic fans like me should like that Freeland is getting quality reps asap. It may be a long road till he is a decent backup. This should be good for him. Go Freeland!

I like Freeland.   I’m glad the Colts drafted him.   The point I’m trying to make is that Freeland isn’t with the 1’s because he looks great.    He was with the 1’s because Smith was out.   Nothing Smarty Pants about it.    I’m only trying to clarify for those who don’t know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah remember Reich hired his friend as Oline coach too. He should of been way before Reich was. So far it seems I don’t see a lot of Steichen hiring his friends. He didn’t even know Tony. Could just because he is still a young coach but I like that he has tried to just hire the right guy is refreshing. 

Reich didn’t hire his friend.   Strausser was hired on the very strong recommendation of the legendary Colts OL coach, Howard Mudd.    That recommendation sealed it.   I’m not even sure Reich and Strausser knew each other before CS was hired.   

The Mudd story came directly from Ballard.   

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems local media is going down the tubes. No more keefer and holder didn’t tweet anything from today.  Hopefully it gets better for TC.

Keefer was promoted, I think James Boyd is covering everything for Athletic now Colts related. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nelson or  another lineman made a comment last year how there was too much screaming when someone would make a small error. Sounds like maybe there wasn’t enough teaching and too much screaming. Hopefully that alone makes this Oline better since no real changes were made. 

Which is funny because they fired the good OL coach for being too mean… 

Maybe I missed this (probably did) and it’s already been posted but the Colts will have two different joint practices this season:

I think it’s good the team as a whole but especially for Richardson to get a look at as much different teams defenses as he can.  It will only help him develop that much faster.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Keefer was promoted, I think James Boyd is covering everything for Athletic now Colts related. 

Yeah, James Boyd has been doing great and is the source for most of the videos we are getting. 

5 hours ago, w87r said:

I think the reason they did it like this is because of what they were practicing - they were doing a 2 minute drill so it would be awkward to pull the one that started the drill on the 1 minute mark to get the other QB in. :dunno:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

Which is funny because they fired the good OL coach for being too mean… 

Deguglielmo isn't a "good" OL coach.....  He never coached anywhere more than a couple seasons.... Even NE in the beginning.... He's currently at somewhere like Rhode Island, a directional college or unemployed..... Not relevant enough to know even in passing.

He also wasn't "mean" or merely hard on players...

He was a lot closer to Nate Bjorkgren the Pacers mistake.... Just a crappy individual who treated everyone around him as disposable.

18 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Where are you seeing CS and frank were friends?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If he is so good. Why is he unemployed?  Why has he been on 7 different teams in 7 years?

Yep, I think it’s time for some to let go of the notion he was fired for being too mean.  There is also the fact the line was good after he was fired too.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If he is so good. Why is he unemployed?  Why has he been on 7 different teams in 7 years?

Some here credit this fired coach as having been so good.

The guy had Jack Doyle helping his OL, and Tom Rathman coaching up the RB room to support our blocking schemes. It was a very good Team effort when it came to our blocking. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, w87r said:

Next week OTA schedule:

June 5th

June 6th

June 7th

June 8th

Media with access to just 1 of those practices.

That will be followed by mandatory mini camp on June 13th.

gonna be a good month! looking forward to reading more about the rookies. 

• Like 1

OTAs back in session today.

Wonder what day this week the media will have access?

Here's to a healthy week.

Need to get these rookies(Rush, Mallory, Brents, Downs) back, they need all the time they can get.

Edited in Downs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

OTAs back in session today.

Wonder what day this week the media will have access?

Here's to a healthy week.

Need to get these rookies(Rush, Mallory, Brents) back, they need all the time they can get.

Don't forget Downs (unless he is healthy now and I missed it).

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Well maybe Strausser was screaming because he knew his job was on the line and the Oline wasn't performing up to their contracts and just were not listening.  There are two ways of looking at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Probably doesn’t matter that Richardson took all 2nd team reps since non of the WR are practicing. 

Yea with pierce, pittman and downs out  no wonder we signed perriman

On 6/2/2023 at 10:17 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is good news. Blackmon is at his best at strong safety not a FS.

With Rodgers most likely being out of the league, we may see them using more safeties in the nickel. Otherwise it may look like Flowers and Brents starting outside corners with Moore in the nickel. I like Moore in the nickel but our outside corner position is a huge question mark with no clear starters. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

With Rodgers most likely being out of the league, we may see them using more safeties in the nickel. Otherwise it may look like Flowers and Brents starting outside corners with Moore in the nickel. I like Moore in the nickel but our outside corner position is a huge question mark with no clear starters. 

I'm looking forward to the young guys.

Brents, Flowers, Rush have a ton of potential.

Just need to get them on the field (Brents and Rush that is) injuries right now are not helping their progression.