Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Downs is a perfect example of a WR we would have never drafted in earlier years but I think with how Steichen has said he likes his WRs to be different and have different strengths. Ballard is more willing to break away from his archetype 

I was ready to get hurt again for that reason. He's completely outside of the norm for Ballard. Maybe this is Ballard learning and changing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

He is such a clean prospect. Outside of the size and the "doesn't take the top off a defense" stuff, he could legit be the type of productive slot guy that hangs in the league for 2-3 contracts

Great value in the mid third!

Everyone I wanted got picked elsewhere. I liked Nolan Smith, Josh Downs, Drew Sanders, Hooker, Tippmann... All gone.

Just now, Shive said:

I was ready to get hurt again for that reason. He's completely outside of the norm for Ballard. Maybe this is Ballard learning and changing?

Or Ballard is listening to his coach and getting the guys Shane likes. Perhaps Frank had a different viewpoint with who he liked?

• Like 2

Just now, Shive said:

Or perhaps Ballard drafts to more of what his HC wants? Perhaps Reich was the driving force behind the super sized WRs and TEs and Shane maybe wants a mix?

• Like 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

Everyone I wanted got picked elsewhere. I liked Nolan Smith, Josh Downs, Drew Sanders, Hooker, Tippmann... All gone.

All damn good players to target too.

Sorry brother. i hope you land some more guys that you want as the draft goes on 

Just now, Shive said:

Maybe he's learning or it's what I think is one of his strengths he gets players that his coach wants and that pick looked like Steichen to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

Take away his overall size and he is still a CB guy

He has elite traits....just not elite size.

I love love love it 

Add in Paye and Woods, Pierce and yeah I think we’ll be able to tell who Ballard picks next year

• Like 1

Note on Hendon Hooker going to the Lions in the 3rd round … when he got hurt, I recall posting that I thought he’d now fall to the 3rd round.  I was widely criticized for that opinion, being told there is NO WAY he falls that far.

Booya!

• Like 2

Just now, Zoltan said:

Dang I hate that the Titans got Spears, I think he's gonna be good

I think he will be too. Not a game changer like Henry, but a solid back.

Diaby was a guy we had in for a top 30. He's heading to TB, but I'd love to get his running mate Yasir Abdullah. Doesn't fit Ballard's prototypical pass rusher, but he's a dangerous speed rusher that could just scream off the edge on passing downs.

Just now, rockywoj said:

Note on Hendon Hooker going to the Lions in the 3rd round … when he got hurt, I recall posting that I thought he’d now fall to the 3rd round.  I was widely criticized for that opinion, being told there is NO WAY he falls that far.

Booya!

I initially thought he might not get drafted, but when I heard he was recovering well, I wanted the Vikings to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd.