1992 - Quentin Coryatt, LB, Texas A&M, pick 2

1994 - Marshall Faulk, RB, San Diego St, pick 2

1994 - Trev Alberts, LB, Nebraska, pick 5

1998 - Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee, pick 1

1999 - Edgerrin James, RB, Miami, pick 4

2012 - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford, pick 1

Interesting. Never had pick three before

39 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Historical proof that we need to trade back.   Not a decent pick in the whole group.  

Especially that 2012 pick, what a waste. 

Duane Bickett, LB, USC, pick 5 (meh)

1986 - Jon Hand, DE, Alabama, pick 4 (Awesome)

1987 - Cornelius Bennett, OLB, ( if only he played here in his best days Alabama, pick 1

1990 - Jeff George, QB, Illinois, pick 1 (*, had it all and his narcissistic behavior ruined it all)

1992 - Steve Emtman, DT, Washington, pick 1

1992 - Quentin Coryatt, LB, Texas A&M, pick 2. (Nope, a he dropped a sure interception in space in AFCCG

1994 - Marshall Faulk, RB, San Diego St, pick 2 (HOF, left too early)

1994 - Trev Alberts, LB, Nebraska, pick 5 (wimped out)

1998 - Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee, pick 1 HOF but more importantly he turned the city into a football town)

1999 - Edgerrin James, RB, Miami, pick 4 (HOF) just wished that on the cold night in KC his knee didn’t blow up)

2012 - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford, pick 1 ( Sad, so much promise just not a true football player. He set us back a few years) I will never think of him positively 

8 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Duane Bickett, LB, USC, pick 5 (meh)

1986 - Jon Hand, DE, Alabama, pick 4 (Awesome)

1987 - Cornelius Bennett, OLB, ( if only he played here in his best days Alabama, pick 1

1990 - Jeff George, QB, Illinois, pick 1 (*, had it all and his narcissistic behavior ruined it all)

1992 - Quentin Coryatt, LB, Texas A&M, pick 2. (Nope, a he dropped a sure interception in space in AFCCG

1994 - Marshall Faulk, RB, San Diego St, pick 2 (HOF, left too early)

1994 - Trev Alberts, LB, Nebraska, pick 5 (wimped out)

1998 - Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee, pick 1 HOF but more importantly he turned the city into a football town)

1999 - Edgerrin James, RB, Miami, pick 4 (HOF) just wished that on the cold night in KC his knee didn’t blow up)

2012 - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford, pick 1 ( Sad, so much promise just not a true football player. He set us back a few years) I will never think of him positively 

Duane Bickett played ROLB in a 3-4.  9 years in Indianapolis, 137 games, 1052 tackles, 50 sacks, 9 interceptions, 8 fumbles forced, 1985 defensive rookie of the year, 1987 pro bowl.  Good but not great.

Jon Hand, played RDE in a 3-4, was 6'7" 300#, 9 years in Indianapolis, 121 games, 539 tackles, 35.5 sacks (10 sacks in 1989), 0 pro bowls.  Good but never did anything worth his draft pick.

How about that mess in 92. I remember Emtman was clear cut #1 coming out. Scratched my head at Coryatt, but Coryatt had the better career. In Colts defense I think this draft class produced the least amount of pro bowlers.

17 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

1985 - Duane Bickett, LB, USC, pick 5

1986 - Jon Hand, DE, Alabama, pick 4

1987 - Cornelius Bennett, OLB, Alabama, pick 1

1990 - Jeff George, QB, Illinois, pick 1

1992 - Quentin Coryatt, LB, Texas A&M, pick 2

1994 - Marshall Faulk, RB, San Diego St, pick 2

1994 - Trev Alberts, LB, Nebraska, pick 5

1998 - Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee, pick 1

1999 - Edgerrin James, RB, Miami, pick 4

2012 - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford, pick 1

don't know the history, so someone educate me how Colts got first two picks in 1992 draft. 

2 hours ago, Matabix said:

How about that mess in 92. I remember Emtman was clear cut #1 coming out. Scratched my head at Coryatt, but Coryatt had the better career. In Colts defense I think this draft class produced the least amount of pro bowlers.

There were 32 pro bowlers from the 1992 draft, 22 of them from the first two rounds.  There were, however, ZERO hall of famers from that draft.

54 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

There were 32 pro bowlers from the 1992 draft, 22 of them from the first two rounds.  There were, however, ZERO hall of famers from that draft.

Dale Carter was prolly the best. Was talking rookie year. I think just 2 made pro bowl rookie year.

I wouldn't be surprised - at all - to see the Colts trade down and accumulate more draft capital.

I think they can pick up a quarterback later in the round - and - add additional pieces for our roster.

Would LOVE it if they are able to draft Marvin Harrison Jr - at some point - in the draft.  How cool would that be?

On 4/3/2023 at 9:35 PM, indyagent17 said:

1992 - Quentin Coryatt, LB, Texas A&M, pick 2. (Nope, a he dropped a sure interception in space in AFCCG)

I still have nightmares about that damn play...

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I wouldn't be surprised - at all - to see the Colts trade down and accumulate more draft capital.

I think they can pick up a quarterback later in the round - and - add additional pieces for our roster.

Would LOVE it if they are able to draft Marvin Harrison Jr - at some point - in the draft.  How cool would that be?

Would be pretty cool to draft someone not in the draft

22 hours ago, sb41champs said:

He is not eligible for the NFL draft this year.  

In 15 years ('85-'99) the Colts had 10 Top 5 picks....and in '92 they had the first two picks!!!

Along with some luck is the reason we're in position to draft QBs like Bert Jones, Elway, Peyton Manning, Luck. ...  Because we're often in position when a standout QB is available. 

Timing may not be right this season But a #1 or #2 pick sure would be enviable in '24. 

On 4/4/2023 at 9:14 AM, Matabix said:

Coryatt was a real shock on draft day. Bob Whitfield would have made a lot more sense at #2 but those were some dark days. 

Fun fact: when the commissioner came out to start the draft he announced the Colts were on the clock and the Colts had 30 minutes to make their selections(15 minutes per selection)! Chris Berman says "they should take all 30 minutes" and I wanted to drive to NYC and wring his neck for that. 

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Generally all American receivers get picked pretty high in the draft.  Highly productive college skill players go on to play in the NFL.   

Playing in the NFL and succeeding are two very different things. Again, my point is junior is seldom senior.

Archived