Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

They better shut up all year next season. Bills will be targeting them for sure next time so it’s only going to get worse from here on out. 

Steelers will be better.  Jackson will be back (they should’ve beat Bengals in round 1 with their backup QB). Also Browns will be better with Watson knocking off more rust. Nothing is guaranteed for Cincy. 

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@NFLfan I was right! Wow, I’m never right Lol. Lone wolf on the poll!

Ken Jeong Thank You GIF by The Masked Singer

:lol:

Yes, only you. But, I'm the only one who voted the Eagles to win. You and 2006CBE picked the Chiefs.

I wanted to see a new team hoisting the Lombardi this year. :(

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You are so young!! You're about 15 to 20 years younger than I. I have never seen the Vikings even make the Super Bowl. At least you have some great talent. I don't know when I will see a championship but whenever it comes, if it ever does, I will enjoy it. 

The Colts have won before.

I’ve always wandered…. Do people view the Colts as having two? Or just one. 

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

It’s all chirping. Everyone does it. 50% of all teams end up looking foolish.

They would’ve been better shutting their mouths and just putting in work.  They fired up that Chiefs defense.  And they got after Joe “cool” in Burrowhead stadium. It’s all fun until the rabbit has the gun. 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol let me direct you to the eagles bench after being the lifeless colts 17-16 on a wide open draw play. Remember Nick screaming at our fans..

F him lol hope Andy Ried humbles him

But it would be okay we did that? Idc what happened. I was pulling for the Bengals to win it, but since that’s not happening, it has to be the Eagles. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, only you. But, I'm the only one who voted the Eagles to win. You and 2006CBE picked the Chiefs.

I wanted to see a new team hoisting the Lombardi this year. :(

Oh is that who picked it with me? @2006Coltsbestever my homeboy haha. We shall see! I know how you feel, when you see a fresh new team do so well all season you really want to see them take it all the way. 

If I’m actually right about the whole thing I might buy myself some drinks haha just because I’m never right!

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

But it would be okay we did that? Idc what happened. I was pulling for the Bengals to win it, but since that’s not happening, it has to be the Eagles. 

Yeah I get it.. I was cheering for the 9ers before Christian McCaffrey had to play QB.. eagles played Danny Jones. And Whatever the heck the 9ers threw out there. Now they'll have to game plan for an actual QB :lol:

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. Was meh on Mahomes before but he threw a dig at burrows just there.

I rewound and watched. That wasn’t a dig at Burrow. The Bengals and all their fans said Arrowhead should be called Burrowhead.  He’s got a right to defend his home stadium after they finally got a win.  That was a shot at all Bengals fans.  But if Joe was dumb enough to repeat it then it was definitely a shot at him too. 

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol let me direct you to the eagles bench after being the lifeless colts 17-16 on a wide open draw play. Remember Nick screaming at our fans..

F him lol hope Andy Ried humbles him

This is what I’ve been screaming. He’s arrogant, and acts all tough when things get chirpy with other teams. The yelling at our fans and saying “this one is for Frank!” Yeah man…. F that guy. Hope they score zero points 

4 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I’ve always wandered…. Do people view the Colts as having two? Or just one. 

Don't you have two or more Lombardi trophies?

The person I quoted is too young to have seen the championships before the 2006 one. 

It sucks that the penalty on Ossai had to play such a big role, but at end of the day, Mahomes clearly was well out of bounds and it was a clear shove...the refs had to call it.  

Give Mahomes credit for breaking out the wheels on his bum ankle on such a critical play. 

Sucks for the Bengals and their fans because they had their opportunities.  Two possessions under 10 min with the game tied and couldn't get anything going.  

If that game had gone to OT, the advantage would have clearly been to the Bengals because KC offense was really laboring due to a combination of Mahomes ankle and having a few receivers out.  

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

Patrick Mahomes: We showed Bengals it's Arrowhead not Burrowhead.

Also Kelce said that Burrow can have my ......

I really don't want KC win and well Nick is Trash also so I guess does not matter which trash wins.

Kelce said Burrowhead my ask.  The Bengals had the audacity to say the Chiefs stadium should be renamed after Joe Burrow.  That’s fair game.  They had every right to defend their home turf. The Bengals were the ones talking shot and couldn’t back it up.  

Just now, NFLfan said:

Don't you have two or more Lombardi trophies?

The person I quoted is too young to have seen the championships before the 2006 one. 

We have two for sure. I’m just curious if other fan bases see It as one since the first one was in Baltimore. Some folks are weird lol 

Just now, adubb84 said:

We have two for sure. I’m just curious if other fan bases see It as one since the first one was in Baltimore. Some folks are weird lol 

I have a Coke commemorative can from 2006 that says "first franchise championship."

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

I know you have one from the early 70s. I actually thought you had more. 

Burrow is very good but their oline is Colts-bad.

Probably should feel sorry for #58 but more sorry for the rest of the team and their fans. That was a stupid play for the ages and will be replayed for years so he hopefully has a big ego to shelter himself.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Just lost all respect for Kelce.

Seriously...  no reason to be so classless.

What happened? I'm not following the post-game.

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

Burrow is very good but their oline is Colts-bad.

Probably should feel sorry for #58 but more sorry for the rest of the team and their fans. That was an *ic play for the ages and will be replayed for years so he hopefully has a big ego to shelter himself.

Three of their starters were out. Imagine if they had played. Burrow played great!

(another merging of separate comments :( )

This was the best outcome for the Colts.  Still only Mahomes & Chiefs to knock off the top of the mountain and they’re known to choke in the big games.  Mahomes is really the 2nd coming of Marino. We just need the right coach & QB to takeover the AFC.

Just now, azcolt said:

That was an *ic play for the ages and will be replayed for years so he hopefully has a big ego to shelter himself.

Yeah, the Vikings game was horrible, but at least it wasn't a playoff collapse or a major playoff mistake.  Those are the ones that get replayed over and over.

Archived