Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

37 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Bengals did it to themselves. Trash talking MVP Mahomes and the Super Bowl winning Chiefs was the dumbest thing they could do. I'm embarrassed to say I follow them right now... I can promise you I'm not like the other Bengals fans, but maybe that's because I bleed blue first and foremost? 

The only time I've ever seen trash talking work was when the Patriots and Brady jabbed us during the Luck era. We never beat them even with all the bulletin board material. Then we made it worse with that stupid 4th down play... What an embarrassment even to this day... 

I guess I could jump on the Chiefs bandwagon, but have you seen their forums? It's a cesspool over there... 

You're a good fan. Hopefully the Bengals keep the coaching staff together. I think a team like the Bengals will benefit from continuity -- continuity will make them even better. Changing coaches is hard on players. 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're a good fan. Hopefully the Bengals keep the coaching staff together. I think a team like the Bengals will benefit from continuity -- continuity will make them even better. Changing coaches is hard on players. 

Once Burrow and Chase get their big contracts boom there goes the team. They had their chance. Burrow will want the max, instead of wanting to win. I can't live on 45 Mill a year, I need 50. Chase will probably pull a Hill and say I would rather play with Herbert so I can make 30 Mill instead of 26 mill a year for example, and Herbert couldn't carry Burrow's jock strap. Just like Tua isn't anywhere near what Mahomes is and Hill was saying Tua was better chuckling homer simpson GIF

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once Burrow and Chase get their big contracts boom there goes the team. They had their chance. Burrow will want the max, instead of wanting to win. I can't live on 45 Mill a year, I need 50. Chase will probably pull a Hill and say I would rather play with Herbert so I can make 30 Mill instead of 26 mill a year for example, and Herbert couldn't carry Burrow's jock strap. Just like Tua isn't anywhere near what Mahomes is and Hill was saying Tua was better chuckling homer simpson GIF

I am sure they will figure out a way to keep Burrow, Higgins and Chase together, the rest on the offense can be drafted or signed for the occasional deal. Key is to keep the OL intact and their D will have some folks that exit, like Germaine Pratt, possibly one of Jesse Bates or Von Bell at safety etc.

I heard the Dolphins signed Vic Fangio and the AFC North is a brutal physical division with the Ravens and Steelers, so the OL is more important than anything else for Burrow. I also heard Lou Anurumo is being courted by the Cardinals now that they are out of the running for Sean Payton. That could change things too.

In a league where everyone is demanded to be excellent at their jobs, the demand for excellence within refereeing is severely lacking. Fans have just come to being happy that the call wasn’t against their team because deep down in the depths of all our souls we know the integrity of the game has completely vanished and is no longer an honest sport. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on. That is trolling. Why do that the day after a fan base loses an AFCCG? It is like telling a Vikings fan (me or someone close to you) that Gary Anderson will never be as good as Adam Vinatieri. That is wrong. 

I wish I had Burrow but I hope he plays his whole career in Cincy. Their team is loaded. I wish that was my team.

The Steelers and Ravens will be much better next year, so I'm expecting the Bengals to probably have a down year or so. Possible that they don't even make the playoffs next season. 

Meanwhile I expect the Chiefs to return to the AFC Championship for the next 3-5 years. No one in that division is going to be good enough. Broncos with Wilson is a disaster, Raiders have Josh Mc Dingle berry, and the Chargers just seem to naturally underachieve. It's Mahomes world and we're just living in it. 

AFC South will produce another 9-8 team who will get smoked in the playoffs. 

Edit: Someone get me off this dang merry go round of negativity... 2023 is barely starting and it's once again been nothing but bad luck in my life... And that's not even counting sports!

14 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Steelers and Ravens will be much better next year, so I'm expecting the Bengals to probably have a down year or so. Possible that they don't even make the playoffs next season. 

Meanwhile I expect the Chiefs to return to the AFC Championship for the next 3-5 years. No one in that division is going to be good enough. Broncos with Wilson is a disaster, Raiders have Josh Mc Dingle berry, and the Chargers just seem to naturally underachieve. It's Mahomes world and we're just living in it. 

Edit: Someone get me off this dang merry go round of negativity... 2023 is barely starting and it's once again been nothing but bad luck in my life... And that's not even counting sports!

The Bengals are much better than the Steelers or the Ravens. I would be more concerned about the Bills of the Chargers. The Bengals will win their division next year. I am not sure about the Colts. There are too many unknowns now. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Come on. That is trolling. Why do that the day after a fan base loses an AFCCG? It is like telling a Vikings fan (me or someone close to you) that Gary Anderson will never be as good as Adam Vinatieri. That is wrong. 

I wish I had Burrow but I hope he plays his whole career in Cincy. Their team is loaded. I wish that was my team.

Actually it isn't trolling, what I said was true. He will end up being the highest paid QB and he is better than Herbert so I complimented him. Where did I say anything bad about Burrow. As of now, I think he is the 2nd best QB in the league but his new contract will hurt the team.

Actually it isn't trolling, what I said was true. He will end up being the highest paid QB and he is better than Herbert so I complimented him. Where did I say anything bad about Burrow. As of now, I think he is the 2nd best QB in the league but his new contract will hurt the team.

A team just lost the championship and you wrote they will lose their QB too. No one wants to read that.  Look how hurt Colts fans were when Luck left. 

I hope he stays there his entire career. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow will want the max, instead of wanting to win. I can't live on 45 Mill a year, I need 50.

Chase will probably pull a Hill and say I would rather play with Herbert so I can make 30 Mill instead of 26 mill a year for example

Have these demands happened from Burrow or Chase? 

Or are you insinuating? 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So your opinion or are you being sarcastic? 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

A team just lost the championship and you wrote they will lose their QB too. No one wants to read that.  Look how hurt Colts fans were when Luck left. 

Where did I say they will lose their QB? I never said that, quit putting words in my mouth. I said his new contract will hurt the team and it will. Chiefs lost Hill because of Mahomes contract. Mahomes is so great that it hasn't hurt them but IMO if Burrow gets the contract I think he will, they will lose a WR or someone important. It is kind of funny you call me out over something ridiculous and say I am trolling but when I get trolled every other day you do nothing about it and you are a Mod. If you don't like my opinions, message me. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

So your opinion or are you being sarcastic? 

It is an opinion but I can't see how they sign both, look at what Hill did to KC. How is that a far fetched opinion? Almost everyone on here wanted Cincy to win so they are hurt over it. I have a buddy, he put $500 on Cincy and when I called him, he got so mad he hung up on me because I took KC. I took KC, it isn't my problem people are hurt over the loss and that Mahomes is the best QB in the league. I won $200 so I am doing this chuckling homer simpson GIF- Cincy players were the one's trolling, calling it BURROWHEAD lmao . Wrong move, end of story.

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Have these demands happened from Burrow or Chase? 

Or are you insinuating? 

It is common sense, Burrow will want the most money, I would be shocked if he doesn't demand that. All QB's do it. At 1 time Carr even did it, Watson just did it, Lamar will try to do it. That is just how it works. It is an opinion but once Burrow gets that huge contract, they will lose a couple players, maybe not Chase but what if Chase wants money like Hill is getting? They won't be able to afford it, there is a thing called a Salary Cap.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mahomes was clearly a yard out of bounds and gets hit and people complain about that?? That was an obvious call. REFS made the right call, people should blame the Cincy player for making a boneheaded play. 

Who is complaining about that? 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is common sense, Burrow will want the most money, I would be shocked if he doesn't demand that. All QB's do it. At 1 time Carr even did it, Watson just did it, Lamar will try to do it. That is just how it works. It is an opinion but once Burrow gets that huge contract, they will lose a couple players, maybe not Chase but what if Chase wants money like Hill is getting? They won't be able to afford it, there is a thing called a Salary Cap.

Cap just went up to 224.8 million  next season.  

You assume alot that are not facts. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's all understood and it's common sense but there's a difference in saying something happened before it actually happened... 

Also, you said "instead of wanting to win", as if demanding the best contract at the time is directly related to starting to not win games. If you had not meant that Burrow would have to reduce his salary to prove that he wants to win, it would have been common sense. 

Pat Mahomes signed ten year $450 million contract few years ago, and he's been in SB multiple times. It seems he can avoid living by common sense laws of the nature. 

17 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Nah, that is what they said about the Chiefs losing Tyreek Hill and that the Chargers will take the division, yada, yada, yada...and the Chiefs kept receipts.

As long as you have that elite QB, that Burrow is, you always have a chance to win the division and do more from there onwards. Even with Lamar Jackson, Burrow and Chase lit them up last year though it was a different DC and defensive system. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's all understood and it's common sense but there's a difference in saying something happened before it actually happened... 

Also, you said "instead of wanting to win", as if demanding the best contract at the time is directly related to starting to not win games. If you had not meant that Burrow would have to reduce his salary to prove that he wants to win, it would have been common sense. 

Pat Mahomes signed ten year $450 million contract few years ago, and he's been in SB multiple times. It seems he can avoid living by common sense laws of the nature. 

The cap went up again and there is a good chance both Burrow and Higgins are signed and extended this off season and most of the Bengals team will be back. The future is definitely looking upwards for them.

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

"instead of wanting to win", I said that because of the money situation. Should Burrow take less money than other QB's, I would say no. He deserves every penny he can get but in the end it will cost them a good player or 2, JMO. Mahomes losing Hill wasn't good but he still had Andy Reid + Kelce who is arguably a top 5 TE of all-time.

I never once bad mouthed Burrow - I was trying to point out if he took a favorable deal it would help Cincy out. I think he is the 2nd best QB in the league, he just isn't better than Mahomes. 

Regarding the REFS, they were bad for both teams but that last call on the late hit was a good and right call, there is no way to debate that. Even the Cincy player admitted he made a bad play. Mahomes was out of bounds by a yard when he got hit. Clark was being held a ton and it wasn't called, he was even tackled 1 time and no call. So it wasn't like the REFS were 1 sided for KC. Really what lost it was Cincy's O.Line, Jones dominated, they couldn't stop KC from rushing the passer without holding.

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

One last word, once again I never said they will lose their QB. Burrow will play the next 10 years in Cincy IMO, I was talking about his contract he is about to get. 

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Burrow is great but he isn't Mahomes, Mahomes is better and has better coaching. Remember my posts from 3 years from now and we will see if Cincy wins a SB, fair enough :thmup:

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the REFS, they were bad for both teams but that last call on the late hit was a good and right call, there is no way to debate that. Even the Cincy player admitted he made a bad play. Mahomes was out of bounds by a yard when he got hit. Clark was being held a ton and it wasn't called, he was even tackled 1 time and no call. So it wasn't like the REFS were 1 sided for KC. Really what lost it was Cincy's O.Line, Jones dominated, they couldn't stop KC from rushing the passer without holding.

Exactly who is trying to debate the personal foul on Mahomes? I haven't seen anyone argue that. 

Imo if Cincy had a healthy O-line they would be going to the big game 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly who is trying to debate the personal foul on Mahomes? I haven't seen anyone argue that. 

Imo if Cincy had a healthy O-line they would be going to the big game 

People on ESPN and the NFL Network are saying the REFS helped out KC. There is also a couple in here that said that late was a bad call. I would rather not call them out because at this point it is pointless and I am not getting anyone else riled up.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People on ESPN and the NFL Network are saying the REFS helped out KC. There is also a couple in here that said that late was a bad call. I would rather not call them out because at this point it is pointless and I am not getting anyone else riled up.

You failed to mention the extra down giving the Chiefs a 1st down.  How about the missed call on the punt return that Stevie Wonder could have seen? 

There was a reason there were lots of people who didn't like the job the refs did and they were not all Bengal fans. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

You failed to mention the extra down giving the Chiefs a 1st down.  How about the missed call on the punt return that Stevie Wonder could have seen? 

There was a reason there were lots of people who didn't like the job the refs did and they were not all Bengal fans. 

Love your "Stevie Wonder" reference. That was great stuff :thmup:. I was mainly talking about the late hit and I have seen where 2 people in here said it was a bad call. I just don't want to call them out now. If you go back and read the posts you will find out who they are.

I did see Frank Clark get held on numerous plays and nothing was called, funny how nobody mentions that. Even Ray Charles could see some of the holds- homer simpson dancing GIF

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow is great but he isn't Mahomes, Mahomes is better and has better coaching. Remember my posts from 3 years from now and we will see if Cincy wins a SB, fair enough :thmup:

I don’t think anyone is debating that Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL right now. 

I don’t get the animosity towards Burrow from the rest of the league. I’ve watched plenty of interviews and press conferences, and he doesn’t ever say anything bad about other teams as far as I know. So he smokes a cigar after winning games. How is that offensive and trash talking? I smoked a cigar after my kids were born as a celebration, is that supposed to mean I’m trashing other dads or something? Lol… 

The only thing the kid is guilty of is being eccentric and having swagger. He’s not the selfish type. He’s actually pretty humble. So I don’t see him demanding as much as say Wilson and Watson. Don’t get me wrong, Cincy will definitely pay him. 

Now Eli Apple on the other hand? Yeah he deserves it. So does the Cincy mayor. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I don’t think anyone is debating that Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL right now. 

I don’t get the animosity towards Burrow from the rest of the league. I’ve watched plenty of interviews and press conferences, and he doesn’t ever say anything bad about other teams as far as I know. So he smokes a cigar after winning games. How is that offensive and trash talking? I smoked a cigar after my kids were born as a celebration, is that supposed to mean I’m trashing other dads or something? Lol… 

The only thing the kid is guilty of is being eccentric and having swagger. He’s not the selfish type. He’s actually pretty humble. So I don’t see him demanding as much as say Wilson and Watson. Don’t get me wrong, Cincy will definitely pay him. 

I have no animosity toward Burrow, I think he is the 2nd best QB in the league and I love his swagger. I wish he was here. I was just talking about his contract from the beginning that he is about to get and how it will hurt the team. Maybe I am wrong and he won't want to be the highest paid QB, I doubt it but who knows. He deserves what ever he can get but that wasn't my main point.

To your last sentence, no doubt about that. The Mayor was talking huge smack lmao 

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Those refs were ridiculous from the start of the game. Numerous missed calls from both teams. I absolutely hate it when refs suddenly start making calls late in games. That my biggest issue: if you’re going to let them play, then be consistent and let them play. 

Chiefs and Bengals both took turns getting screwed over in my opinion… And that really took me out of the game.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Those refs were ridiculous from the start of the game. Numerous missed calls from both teams. I absolutely hate it when refs suddenly start making calls late in games. That my biggest issue: if you’re going to let them play, then be consistent and let them play. 

Chiefs and Bengals both took turns getting screwed over in my opinion… And that really took me out of the game.

The REFS have sucked for years, I think they made bad calls on both teams and the no calls regarding holding was irritating. Clark got tackled on 1 play and it wasn't even called.

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

To me, there is far more love for Burrow than for Mahomes lately because Burrow has been showered praises by Orlovsky and Emmanuel Acho etc. and so many folks wanted him to win that 75% of the analysts polled felt the Bengals would win. Because the Bengals ran their mouth, they can't be in a glass house and throw stones and it is coming back at them, that is all that is happening. 

We are just a few vocal minorities here voicing support for Mahomes and the Chiefs. You can look based on the results of the polls on this forum too, numbers don't lie. :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

To me, there is far more love for Burrow than for Mahomes lately because Burrow has been showered praises by Orlovsky and Emmanuel Acho etc. and so many folks wanted him to win that 75% of the analysts polled felt the Bengals would win. Because the Bengals ran their mouth, they can't be in a glass house and throw stones and it is coming back at them, that is all that is happening. 

We are just a few vocal minorities here voicing support for Mahomes and the Chiefs. You can look based on the results of the polls on this forum too, numbers don't lie. :) 

There are a lot of people that are sick of the Chiefs because they win all the time. I really haven't heard much hate toward Burrow unless I am missing something. I like Burrow. It seemed like the whole world was rooting for Cincy on Sunday as well.

Archived