Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Just lost all respect for Kelce.

Seriously...  no reason to be so classless.

Actually I think the Cincy mayor was pretty classless trash talking as well.

I’m not a fan of any trash talk, but Kelce’s response to the mayor was hilarious. It’s been some trash talk going back and forth all week, but I wouldn’t point out any one person at this point.

Hopefully moving forward both teams (and political affiliates lol) will just be quiet and let the games do the talking.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Three of their starters were out. Imagine if they had played. Burrow played great!

I think only one or two were out for this game. Too bad a penalty factored into the end of the game. 

Hope Mahomes is fairly healthy for the SB because the Philly DL is much better than the Cincy one. Their WRs better be OK too

13 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Just lost all respect for Kelce.

Seriously...  no reason to be so classless.

How do you figure?  Bengals players and fans had been calling the Chiefs home stadium Burrowhead stadium. He simply checked them for all the shot talk.  How was that classless?  Was the Cincinnati mayor classless for disrespecting Arrowhead Stadium by calling it Burrowhead?  I’m truly confused about all the outrage.  So the Bengals and their fans and mayor can talk shot but when they can’t back it up the Chiefs can’t tell them to shut it?

10 minutes ago, SR711 said:

It sucks that the penalty on Ossai had to play such a big role, but at end of the day, Mahomes clearly was well out of bounds and it was a clear shove...the refs had to call it.  

Give Mahomes credit for breaking out the wheels on his bum ankle on such a critical play. 

Sucks for the Bengals and their fans because they had their opportunities.  Two possessions under 10 min with the game tied and couldn't get anything going.  

If that game had gone to OT, the advantage would have clearly been to the Bengals because KC offense was really laboring due to a combination of Mahomes ankle and having a few receivers out.  

Would rather that the players decide the outcome of game of this magnitude. An arm shove out of bounds on player trying to make forward progress- they should have let go in my opinion.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Something to the effect of “I dont have cigars but I’ll do something”. Tame but not necessary.

Ok. I did catch that at the end. He got his first win over Burrow.  I don’t fault him.  People acting really sensitive over Chiefs responding to all the Bengals trash talk.  Really feels like biased people who were rooting for the Bengals who completely forgot all of the Bengals trash talk (they had won all 3 matchups) and are just upset because the Chiefs won.  Feels soft.  Im not gonna watch every Burrow interview but I’m sure Joe Cool probably had a couple laughs and snickers about being 3-0 against Mahomes and everyone calling Arrowhead Burrowhead. 

6 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Actually I think the Cincy mayor was pretty classless trash talking as well.

I’m not a fan of any trash talk, but Kelce’s response to the mayor was hilarious. It’s been some trash talk going back and forth all week, but I wouldn’t point out any one person at this point.

Hopefully moving forward both teams (and political affiliates lol) will just be quiet and let the games do the talking.

The KC mayor said he would take the high road and would not respond. The Cincy mayor should never have said that.

What did Kelce say?

Yeesssssss!!! Chiefs beat those trash talking Bengals!!! I love it!!! 

Bad things happen when I watch, that is my superstition. First series of the game, McDuffie drops an INT off Burrow and then their possibly best corner Sneed goes out. I then switched it off. It is always tense when I watch the guys I want to win. I was way toooo tense when Peyton beat Brady in the 2006 AFCCG!!! Almost takes the enjoyment out of watching them win. So I said, "heck with it, I can't watch Burrow beat Mahomes one more time, no way, if it happens that Mahomes wins, I'll take it but I can't sit through the entire game only to find out the Bengals win". I just checked the scores to see Mahomes and the Chiefs won. Last year, when Mahomes lost, I was heart broken. I wanted Burrow to lose badly and when I heard he was winning at the half during the SB, I tuned in, and was rooting like mad for Stafford to win in the 4th qtr. and was ecstatic. 

Burrow's Bengals' trash talking is like Richard Sherman's LOB trash talking after beating the 49ers before the 2014 SB. I so badly wanted the Bengals to lose, just like I wanted Sherman's Seahawks to lose then that I was willing to root for Tom Brady and the Patriots. Little did I know Tom Brady would resume winning SBs, another 4 of them  :( 

At least Sherman and folks won a SB. Burrow's Bengals haven't won a SB and talk like they have won too much. Wait till they start paying Burrow and Chase past their rookie contract. Something about Burrow and night games, he and the Bengals lost 20-23 vs Ravens and Lamar Jackson, lost in the SB which is a night game, struggled vs the Ravens in the wild card night game,  and have been downright unbeatable in the 1 pm and 4:15 pm time slots, which included last year's AFCCG. Again, another night game which ended up bad for them.

Anyway, super stoked Burrow and the Bengals lost. Rooting for the Chiefs but won't be sad if Sirianni wins either. Going to be a great game plan devised by both coaches. May the best team win.

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Would rather that the players decide the outcome of game of this magnitude. An arm shove out of bounds on player trying to make forward progress- they should have let go in my opinion.

That was my issue. They were trying to get into field goal range. Could’ve easily turned up for another couple of yards. Especially when Burrows got some pretty hard hits well after the ball was out. Same kind of deal.

If Ossai should have know he had one foot out then we should all defenders to that same standard when the ball leaves the QBs hands.

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

How do you figure?  Bengals players and fans had been calling the Chiefs home stadium Burrowhead stadium. He simply checked them for all the shot talk.  How was that classless?  Was the Cincinnati mayor classless for disrespecting Arrowhead Stadium Burrowhead?  I’m truly confused about all the outrage.  So the Bengals and their fans and mayor can talk shot but when they can’t back it up the Chiefs can’t tell them to shut it?

I didn't hear all the trash talk all week. I don’t support that either   and I "get it" that he was just responding.

Sometimes it's better to take the high road. 

Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Ok. I did catch that at the end. He got his first win over Burrow.  I don’t fault him.  People acting really sensitive over Chiefs responding to all the Bengals trash talk.  Really feels like biased people who were rooting for the Bengals who completely forgot all of the Bengals trash talk (they had won all 3 matchups) and are just upset because the Chiefs won.  Feels soft.  Im not gonna watch every Burrow interview but I’m sure Joe Cool probably had a couple laughs and snickers about being 3-0 against Mahomes and everyone calling Arrowhead Burrowhead. 

And I’m sure Kermit and Kelce have said things as well. So what? Have the scoreboard do the talking. 

17 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Patrick Mahomes: We showed Bengals it's Arrowhead not Burrowhead.

Also Kelce said that Burrow can have my ......

I really don't want KC win and well Nick is Trash also so I guess does not matter which trash wins.

Mahomes & Kelce shouldn't have said anything except thanking the refs for the gift win. 

Burrow and the Bengals still own them and are the better team.. 

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think only one or two were out for this game. Too bad a penalty factored into the end of the game. 

Hope Mahomes is fairly healthy for the SB because the Philly DL is much better than the Cincy one. Their WRs better be OK too

Three of them were out -- Alex Cappa, La'el Collins and Jonah Williams.

And I’m sure Kermit and Kelce have said things as well. So what? Have the scoreboard do the talking. 

Well they couldn’t talk because they hadn’t won until today. Lol. That’s why I said it was dumb for Cincy to go so overboard with the talk as if they had won the Super Bowl last year.  Just go out and beat them again. But they had to give Chiefs extra motivation. Gotta walk it like you talk it. And be prepared to take what you give. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Well they couldn’t talk because they hadn’t won until today. Lol. That’s why I said it was dumb for Cincy to go so overboard with the talk as if they had won the Super Bowl last year.  Just go out and beat them again. But they had to give Chiefs extra motivation. Gotta walk it like you talk it. And be prepared to take what you give. 

What did Cincy even say?

11 minutes ago, jonjon said:

From Pro Football Talk:

Neither Cappa nor Williams was on the practice field today, according to reporters on the scene. Cappa has an ankle injury and Williams has a knee injury.

That likely means the Bengals will be without both players on Sunday against the Chiefs. With La’el Collins on injured reserve, the Bengals are down three starting offensive linemen.

^^^

Just now, Smoke317 said:

That Arrowhead Stadium should be called Burrowhead because they and Joe owned the Chiefs. Even had their mayor chiming in. I like trash talk but gotta be prepared for when it backfires on you. 

That’s it? That’s nothing. KC being bothered by that shows how sensitive they are. Refs gift them a win and Kermit’s gonna run his mouth because of that? What a joke

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

That Arrowhead Stadium should be called Burrowhead because they and Joe owned the Chiefs. Even had their mayor chiming in. I like trash talk but gotta be prepared for when it backfires on you. 

Also Jesse Bates, their safety said "hope Mahomes is healthy, don't want excuses" meaning "they don't want excuses if the Chiefs lose". Burrow said "The Chiefs are still the team to beat but we are coming for them". Now, another year, things are never the same. That is what happened to the Seahawks, never made a SB after that Sherman trash talking about Crabtree etc. etc. after their 2014 SB loss to the Patriots.

That’s it? That’s nothing. KC being bothered by that shows how sensitive they are. Refs gift them a win and Kermit’s gonna run his mouth because of that? What a joke

I remember you being a Mahomes despiser in 2019 when they won the SB, so I know where you stand. :thmup:

7 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Last year it seemed like the refs stayed out of it in the playoffs but this year the officiating in the playoffs has been horrible. These guys need to be fired.

No not fired because they are just doing what they are told to do. .... The powers that be decided they wanted a Hurts vs Mahomes  super bowl and rhey did their part, it was just way to obvious because Mahomes and the chiefs stunk up the place.

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I didn't hear all the trash talk all week. I don’t support that either   and I "get it" that he was just responding.

Sometimes it's better to take the high road. 

Just my opinion. 

Plus I’m sure the Chiefs were happy as heck to win. That was almost 4 losses in a row.  Also, it’s not like the Bengals ever stomped the Chiefs. Chiefs lead every game in the 2nd half and lost all by 3 points. This game was very similar. But instead of Cincy closing their mouths, putting their head down and going to work they chose to talk trash and lost by 3.  Karma. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Plus I’m sure the Chiefs were happy as heck to win. That was almost 4 losses in a row.  Also, it’s not like the Bengals ever stomped the Chiefs. Chiefs lead every game in the 2nd half and lost all by 3 points. This game was very similar. But instead of Cincy closing their mouths, putting their head down and going to work they talked trash and this time they chose to talk trash and lost by 3.  Karma. 

Karma is a b...., felt that way with Seahawks in 2014, felt that way with the Bengals this year, now I am going to actually watch the highlights of the Chiefs-Bengals game. 

Why call someone Kermit? That too is classless. SMH. I don't get how people are so disrespectful to others. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Also Jesse Bates, their safety said "hope Mahomes is healthy, don't want excuses" meaning "they don't want excuses if the Chiefs lose". Burrow said "The Chiefs are still the team to beat but we are coming for them". Now, another year, things are never the same. That is what happened to the Seahawks, never made a SB after that Sherman trash talking about Crabtree etc. etc. after their 2014 SB loss to the Patriots.

I remember you being a Mahomes despiser in 2019 when they won the SB, so I know where you stand. :thmup:

What do you mean by that?

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

What do you mean by that?

I know the Chiefs aren't your favorite team and you didn't like Mahomes then and hated the word "swag", something they associate with Burrow too now. Maybe things have changed over the last 3 years. That is what I remember.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chad, I can’t tell if we’ve got some soft fans in here or they’re just mad because they hate the Chiefs and wanted the Bengals to win?  I too hate the Chiefs and want them to stink up another Super Bowl and lose. But I’m not gonna give the Bengals a pass for talking shot and then stepping in it. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Chad, I can’t tell if we’ve got some soft fans in here or they’re just mad because they hate the Chiefs and wanted the Bengals to win?  I too hate the Chiefs and want them to stink up another Super Bowl and lose. But I’m not gonna give the Bengals a pass for talking shot and then stepping in it. 

To me, Orlovsky and others were putting up Joe Burrow on a pedestal, almost to the point that it felt like contrasting "the thinking white QB vs black athletic QB" angle was again being played, IMO. It is like folks just think Mahomes is just a backyard football QB and don't give him enough credit. That is why I loved it that both Hurts and Mahomes are in the SB, to shatter a few stereotypes.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Last year justin Reid of the chiefs talk trash and then promptly was vested on the field.

This is football. You seem to be preoccupied with the bengals chirping as of this is some novel new thing. All teams do it. 50% of the time people get beat in spite of it. This is so silly to thump your chest over.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Eagles will crush the Chiefs.

I think you overestimate the Eagles and underestimate the AFC elite teams. Both Andy Reid and Zac Taylor are excellent game planners (whoever would have won) and I can see the Eagles winning but not by a TD, the Chiefs will fight tooth and nail, I guarantee it.

I will be very happy for Hurts and Sirianni if they win it and be happy for Mahomes and Reid too. Rex Grossman and the Bears beat the Saints 39-14 in the NFCCG and the Colts beat the Patriots 38-34, so don't get carried away by the margin of victory.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Hence the nickname.

Tell you what, I’ll call him Kermit, and he can go making millions playing a child’s game. Fair shake.

This isn't a child's game. I'm not sending my kid to play in that game. That too is disrespectful. It is like saying that anyone can do the job you do. 

Anyway, I won't go back and forth on such childish stuff. That's all for me. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

To me, Orlovsky and others were putting up Joe Burrow on a pedestal, almost to the point that it felt like contrasting "the thinking white QB vs black athletic QB" angle was again being played, IMO. It is like folks just think Mahomes is just a backyard football QB and don't give him enough credit. That is why I loved it that both Hurts and Mahomes are in the SB, to shatter a few stereotypes.

The fact you felt like it was a race thing is a little odd. Unless you have proof “Orlovsky and others” were in fact making it about race. 

If not then I think you need to readdress that statement.

Archived