Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Either way, it was unfortunate a 20-20 game with seconds left put KC in field goal range as a result of that penalty. Would have rather seen KC make a play for the yardage. Tough way to lose at the end of the championship game.

The funny thing is the guy Skyy Moore who muffed and turned over 2 punts in the year including one that was a big part of the Chiefs losing to the Colts, and then Harrison Butker who kept missing critical kicks after his game 2 injury comeback, both played a key role in those 30 seconds getting a big punt return and kicking the game winning FG. From zero to hero in 30 seconds. Weird, how football works. 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN is saying how great the Bengals are - saying Burrow is better than Mahomes (nonsense), only 1 person is picking the Chiefs so far. Bengals have beat the Chiefs 3 times in a row but each game was only by 3 points lmao . Chiefs will not only win this game but they will win by 7+, book it. Greeney is picking the Chiefs, he is the only one. Mahomes is about to show why he is an all-time great. Mahomes said he is around 80% healthy, they are not losing 4 in a row to the Bengals/2 straight AFC Title Games at Arrowhead. I just put my bet in on a pick'em at $200, I have Chiefs. Can't wait!

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Lets see is it Ruth Chris or St Elmo, let me decide. I had Chiefs in a pick 'em. It's Arrowhead not Burrowhead, Mahomes put his stamp on that like I said he would on 1 leg. homer simpson football GIF- Philly is next, Mahomes has 2 weeks to heal now. Can't wait!  Love It Yes GIF by State Farm- my main man. 

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Lets see is it Ruth Chris or St Elmo, let me decide. I had Chiefs in a pick 'em. It's Arrowhead not Burrowhead, Mahomes put his stamp on that like I said he would on 1 leg. homer simpson football GIF- Philly is next, Mahomes has 2 weeks to heal now. Can't wait!  Love It Yes GIF by State Farm- my main man. 

I thought of you and your bet when the Chiefs won, lol :). Enjoy your earnings.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:00 PM, RollerColt said:

This is becoming a trap game for the Bengals I fear. 

On one hand I don't like all this trash talking. It's just bulletin board material for the Chiefs. 

I said this would be a trap game, and it was indeed. I hope this serves as a lesson to the Bengals and the fans. I'm not a fan of trash talking, especially when it gives the opposing team an edge. That's the one problem too many Bengals fans have, they talk WAY too much with nothing to show for it. Been that way for most of my life. 

As for the Super Bowl? I still feel the Eagles are going to win, and by a large margin. I'm not happy about it but I know many in here are Chiefs fans. 

I was bummed when Purdy went out for the 49rs.   That could have been a good game.  

I was happy to see the Chiefs win and will be rooting for them to beat the Eagles.   I think the Eagles will win the Superbowl.  

I bet MaHolmes leg is hurting today.  

Cincinnati is missing a pass rushing presence on the DLine.   Also their LT is not a stud and their oline gave up pressure by missing some assignments, IMO.   Burrow carries that team as far as getting them deep into the playoffs but CIN is really two trench players short.

SF still needs a QB.

Hurts still can't pass well.

KC is probably the most complete team.   

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Cincinnati is missing a pass rushing presence on the DLine.   Also their LT is not a stud and their oline gave up pressure by missing some assignments, IMO.   Burrow carries that team as far as getting them deep into the playoffs but CIN is really two trench players short.

SF still needs a QB.

Bengals had the OL humming with adding Lael Collins at RT and Alex Cappa from Bucs (Brady suffered there) for guard but both got injured before the playoffs and it showed in key stretches.

The biggest key for Bengals is the free agents on D that might suffer a bit because they have to pay Burrow and Higgins first and then JaMarr Chase.

Eagles are the more complete team to me, it’s going to be tough for the Chiefs to pull it out.

SF needs Brady and could give him his swan song.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Eagles are the more complete team to me, it’s going to be tough for the Chiefs to pull it out.

Hurts made some pretty bad throws.  Inaccurate.  Even the Donta Smith conversion was bad throw that Smith pulled down.  They still look like a running team with a running QB where their receivers can make some plays.   As a runner, Hurts is more powerful than elusive, IMO.  The defense is legit though, especially with Suh stuffing the run and some good Corners. 

KC has the QB, the oline, the dominant pass rusher, and the dominant receiver.  QB. LT (sort of), Receiver, EDGE (in this case Jones).  The other players work well with those four pillars.  Pechenko (sp) is a tough runner.  They passed well, ran well, and rushed the passer pretty consistently all game.

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

SF still needs a QB.

I think the jury is still out on Purdy.  He had been playing great.  he completed over 67% of his passes.  12.1 yards per catch.  107.3 rating.   

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hurts made some pretty bad throws.  Inaccurate.  Even the Donta Smith conversion was bad throw that Smith pulled down.  They still look like a running team with a running QB where their receivers can make some plays.   As a runner, Hurts is more powerful than elusive, IMO.  The defense is legit though, especially with Suh stuffing the run and some good Corners. 

KC has the QB, the oline, the dominant pass rusher, and the dominant receiver.  QB. LT (sort of), Receiver, EDGE (in this case Jones).  The other players work well with those four pillars.  Pechenko (sp) is a tough runner.  They passed well, ran well, and rushed the passer pretty consistently all game.

I didn't really think they rushed it well at all.   After looking it up, they only rushed for 42 yards on 20 carries (2.1 yards a carry).  That was with leading the game for most of the time.   It won't get easier against the Eagles.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I didn't really think they rushed it well at all.   After looking it up, they only rushed for 42 yards on 20 carries (2.1 yards a carry).  That was with leading the game for most of the time.   It won't get easier against the Eagles.  

Pechenko converts runs when they need too.   He's probably the most reliable RB they've had in a few years.  It gives KC something more than they've had.  KC is definitely a passing offense.

I don't think Philly can pull off a two minute drive without getting some breaks or defensive breakdowns when Hurts runs.

Both Philly and KC look like teams that are beatable by lesser teams.  I think most years, SB teams seem like they are there because they are substantially better than the rest of the NFL.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Pechenko converts runs when they need too.   He's probably the most reliable RB they've had in a few years.  It gives KC something more than they've had.  KC is definitely a passing offense.

I don't think Philly can pull off a two minute drive without getting some breaks or defensive breakdowns when Hurts runs.

Both Philly and KC look like teams that are beatable by lesser teams.  I think most years, SB teams seem like they are there because they are substantially better than the rest of the NFL.

I think Philly looks very hard to beat.  having the 2nd best defense in the league, behind San Fran.  They had 75 sacks this season which is amazing.   They also force allot of turnovers.  

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I said this would be a trap game, and it was indeed. I hope this serves as a lesson to the Bengals and the fans. I'm not a fan of trash talking, especially when it gives the opposing team an edge. That's the one problem too many Bengals fans have, they talk WAY too much with nothing to show for it. Been that way for most of my life. 

As for the Super Bowl? I still feel the Eagles are going to win, and by a large margin. I'm not happy about it but I know many in here are Chiefs fans. 

Chiefs will dismantle the Eagles. Pat Manning has 2 weeks to heal now Eagles are way overrated. I am putting $200 on the Chiefs again that is how good I feel about it. Eagles will probably be favored Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- Hurts has no chance vs my main man = Amazon Win GIF by NFL On Prime Video

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chiefs will dismantle the Eagles. Pat Manning has 2 weeks to heal now Eagles are way overrated. I am putting $200 on the Chiefs again that is how good I feel about it. Eagles will probably be favored Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- Hurts has no chance vs my main man = Amazon Win GIF by NFL On Prime Video

The Eagles do have 4 different players with 10 sacks, you are delusional to think the Chiefs roll by that much. Chiefs winning, I can see them squeak by but winning by a TD, no chance.

People blaming the Refs are just being cry babies. If you look at Chase he pushed off to catch at least twice, also that hit at the end was a good call, Mahomes was out of of bounds. There was also several times where the Chiefs were being held and no call happened. There was one play where Clark got grabbed by his neck and taken down and no call, it gave Burrow a 3rd 15 completion a 1st down. Chiefs won, I won my $200, get over it The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

A pic of Joseph Ossai would be the better choice for the Chiefs best player.  

The game truly was won by Chris Jones, defensive player of the year, IMO. Spags never got Chris Jones free to get 1-on-1s the last time they played the Bengals, he saved it for this game.

The same backup OL guys that looked like world beaters vs the Bills looked ordinary for the Bengals today and both Chris Jones/Frank Clark had something to do about it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People blaming the Refs are just being cry babies. If you look at Chase he pushed off to catch at least twice, also that hit at the end was a good call, Mahomes was out of of bounds. There was also several times where the Chiefs were being held and no call happened. There was one play where Clark got grabbed by his neck and taken down and no call, it gave Burrow a 3rd 15 completion a 1st down. Chiefs won, I won my $200, get over it The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I agree on this. If you remember, they called a neutral zone infraction on Dee Ford that took away a Tom Brady INT vs the Chiefs in the 2018 AFCCG when the Patriots were down 23-28 and driving for the lead which would have sent Mahomes in his first year to the SB vs the Rams and Goff, they would have beat them then and would have beat them last year too if not for the Bengals crashing the party.

Patriots go up 31-28 with a 2 pt. conversion, Mahomes ties for a FG in less than a minute and in OT, Brady never lets Mahomes touch the ball. So the Chiefs have had their share of calls go against them too. Bengals' fans have always been the trash talking entitled ones, seen that at Lucas Oil Stadium too, trash talking whether they win or not, whether they have won in the past or not. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree on this. If you remember, they called a neutral zone infraction on Dee Ford that took away a Tom Brady INT vs the Chiefs in the 2018 AFCCG when the Patriots were down 23-28 and driving for the lead. Patriots go up 31-28 with a 2 pt. conversion, Mahomes ties for a FG in less than a minute and in OT, Brady never lets Mahomes touch the ball. So the Chiefs have had their share of calls go against them too. Bengals' fans have always been the trash talking entitled ones, seen that at Lucas Oil Stadium too, trash talking whether they win or not, whether they have won in the past or not. 

I just see people complaining about the Refs and Clark was being held all day. I just think that is a cop out. Don't get me wrong, I think in general the REFS stink but the REFS did not give the Chiefs the game. Burrow had chance after chance and that last play was clearly a late hit and out of bounds. Dumb play by Cincy but a good call.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just see people complaining about the Refs and Clark was being held all day. I just think that is a cop out. Don't get me wrong, I think in general the REFS stink but the REFS did not give the Chiefs the game. Burrow had chance after chance and that last play was clearly a late hit and out of bounds. Dumb play by Cincy but a good call.

If Burrow was hit the same way, Bengals players/fans would have asked and gotten the same call.

Irony is the Chiefs season started in Arizona and will end in Arizona, how it will end is the big question. :)

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Burrow was hit the same way, Bengals players/fans would have asked and gotten the same call.

Irony is the Chiefs season started in Arizona and will end in Arizona, how it will end is the big question. :)

Any QB should get that call, Mahomes was out of bounds, I watched the play now 20 times. He was not only out of bounds but it was by a few feet. Burrow would have got that call.

Here are some fun facts regarding the Chiefs and Eagles in the SB:

1. Since 2014, since Brady started resuming winning SBs after a 10 year dry spell, either Tom Brady or the team that beat Tom Brady has won the SB. The only exception has been Patrick Mahomes in 2019.

2. The last time the Chiefs lost to the Colts in 2019 in the regular season, they also won the SB and also played the No.1 seed from the NFC, the 49ers

3. The No.1 from both conferences have met enough times lately in the past 13 years.

a. 2009 Saints vs 2009 Colts - NFC won

(2010 Packers were #6 seed, 2011 Giants were #4 seed, 2012 Ravens were #4 seed)

b. 2013 Seahawks vs 2013 Broncos - NFC won

c. 2014 Patriots vs 2014 Seahawks - AFC won

d. 2015 Broncos vs 2015 Panthers - AFC won

e. 2016 Patriots vs 2016 Falcons - AFC won

f. 2017 Eagles vs 2017 Patriots - NFC won

(2018 Rams were #2 seed, 2019 Chiefs were #2 seed, 2020 Bucs were #5 seed, 2021 Rams were #3 seed)

g. 2022 Chiefs vs 2022 Eagles - TBD (Eagles were last #1 seed to win NFC)

4. The team with the MVP has not won the SB since 1999, when Kurt Warner did it. Mahomes will win MVP and that works in the Eagles' favor.

5. The team that beat the Jaguars in the playoffs has been to the SB several times but has won only once, in 1997 when the Denver Broncos won. That also works in the Eagles' favor. (Patriots in 2005, 2007, 2017, Titans in 1999 all lost the SB)

Going to be an interesting game.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This was Mahomes' Curt Schilling bloody sock game of his career, IMO, this AFCCG win.

Schilling was a tough dude. Sox coming back from 0-3 in 2004 was epic vs the Yanks. My Cubs came back to beat the Indians after being down 3-1 in 2016. We had one of the greatest teams ever in 2016 and the ol' Indians was giving us the business. Jake and Chap, and my MVP Bryant just stepped up :thmup: 

The Bengals did it to themselves. Trash talking MVP Mahomes and the Super Bowl winning Chiefs was the dumbest thing they could do. I'm embarrassed to say I follow them right now... I can promise you I'm not like the other Bengals fans, but maybe that's because I bleed blue first and foremost? 

The only time I've ever seen trash talking work was when the Patriots and Brady jabbed us during the Luck era. We never beat them even with all the bulletin board material. Then we made it worse with that stupid 4th down play... What an embarrassment even to this day... 

I guess I could jump on the Chiefs bandwagon, but have you seen their forums? It's a cesspool over there... 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Bengals did it to themselves. Trash talking MVP Mahomes and the Super Bowl winning Chiefs was the dumbest thing they could do. I'm embarrassed to say I follow them right now... I can promise you I'm not like the other Bengals fans, but maybe that's because I bleed blue first and foremost? 

The only time I've ever seen trash talking work was when the Patriots and Brady jabbed us during the Luck era. We never beat them even with all the bulletin board material. Then we made it worse with that stupid 4th down play... What an embarrassment even to this day... 

I guess I could jump on the Chiefs bandwagon, but have you seen their forums? It's a cesspool over there... 

It is a cess pool but to their defense they were getting really disrespected. Cincy fans were talking a lot of smack. I say you can't talk unless you win a SB, we won in 2006 so that was our gift card Charlie Day Ok GIF

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is a cess pool but to their defense they were getting really disrespected. Cincy fans were talking a lot of smack. I say you can't talk unless you win a SB, we won in 2006 so that was our gift card Charlie Day Ok GIF

Oh I'm talking about how they view us Colts fans man. Seriously. After the Luck comeback game Chiefs fans were all over the internet throwing death threats at him and wishing him injured. They've sorta chilled since Mahomes came to town, but before that they were not the most pleasant people to deal with. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Oh I'm talking about how they view us Colts fans man. Seriously. After the Luck comeback game Chiefs fans were all over the internet throwing death threats at him and wishing him injured. They've sorta chilled since Mahomes came to town, but before that they were not the most pleasant people to deal with. 

Andrew was their Daddy Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

Archived