Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

He scores, hes crazy accurate, mentally sharp and he throws low picks. Thats what we need after a dreadful season of watching Matt Ryan.

I think he is a better athlete then he showed too. I bet he tests  well at combine. Important so teams know he can extend plays. He showed a extra element in that GA game.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't know. I think the Bears would want atleast one future first

All those make up to a future 1st because of their WR and CB needs and fewer draft picks to fill them. They can get quantity and quality here. Plus they don't have their current 2nd rounder they gave up to Steelers for Chase Claypool. Now they have a Domer and USC guy both in their WR corps, most likely. :) 

If you have to give up Buckner so you don’t have to give up a future first I would do that in a second. Increases odds we could be in good position to get marv jr next year.

Zach hicks mentioned how Oline was good in this draft. Mentioned how strouds center would be a good one to draft. I really like that idea. Give him a guy he is already used to communicating with. Then trade Kelly.

7 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

All I’m saying is, when you have Marvin Harrison JR on your team and other great wr talent I’d hope stroud will be good and have a great passer rating.. I mean it’s almost impossible not have a high passer rating with the talent he had.

Peyton Manning had talent on his team and most top 5 picks do as well. As far as i can tell when looking even though everybody says they dont see a Peyton in this draft I think CJs numbers are just as good and in some cases better than Peytons college numbers. I hope we stay at 4 but it wont shock me if Ballard and Irsay both agree to move up.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Surrounded by 5 star talent at every position. The systems both those schools run have not translated to the NFL very well. 

if your theory that playing against elite level college competition was true, then every QB from Bame and OSU the last ten years would have had better success at the Pro level but data and facts prove otherwise: 

could there be an outlier, absolutely there could be and one of Young or Stroud could be the next Mahomes.  Which is why you take the the swing on any QB. But I just hope we’re cautious and don’t bet the farm. It’s one thing to bet one year, it’s another to bet 3 years worth of picks on a guy that may be good, but the odds are, he won’t be. It’s a crap shoot. It really is.

Hmm Stroud gonna stay?

What school perennially puts out great qbs?

10 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

All I’m saying is, when you have Marvin Harrison JR on your team and other great wr talent I’d hope stroud will be good and have a great passer rating.. I mean it’s almost impossible not have a high passer rating with the talent he had.

Didn’t Joe Burrow have Chase and Jefferson who were both better than Harrison along with other talented players?

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Go get stroud. Make some tweeks in the Oline. Better blocking schemes and get Taylor back and I think we will be better then last season. Especially if we can keep defense somewhat intact.

With a better offense, our defense could have been so much better. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is an interesting post.   No mention of Young, but a mention of Richardson.  Then adds that the front office lives Stroud, Levi’s and Richardson.   With the added note that the front office lives those those THREE. 

My initial reaction is to remind this front office has historically NOT leaked.   So for a leak like this with such specific info coming out (if true) that this would be a deliberate leak with the goal to reduce leverage for whatever team might want to trade with the Colts.   A probable smoke screen.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans fans were really mad thinking Texans might have to do that. Maybe players colts could offer would be something bears would want more. I am ok if it turns out to be Levis or stroud. We have options now.

Realistically I doubt Texans offer 2nd and 12th but probably 2nd and 33rd.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is an interesting post.   No mention of Young, but a mention of Richardson.  Then adds that the front office lives Stroud, Levi’s and Richardson.   With the added note that the front office lives those those THREE. 

My initial reaction is to remind this front office has historically NOT leaked.   So for a leak like this with such specific info coming out (if true) that this would be a deliberate leak with the goal to reduce leverage for whatever team might want to trade with the Colts.   A probable smoke screen.

He has sources within the organization. So I tend to believe him on this. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Realistically I doubt Texans offer 2nd and 12th but probably 2nd and 33rd.

Yeah, if they offer 2nd and 12th, they can offer that to the Ravens for Lamar Jackson and offer their 33rd to the Saints for Sean Payton and bring them both there. They will still have enough bounty left over from the Watson trade to the Browns.

Texans don't have the luxury the Seahawks have, who are probably a better fit for Anthony Richardson.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ir would be funny if colts got Texans to give up picks  for young. Texans should know colts would never take him.

Don't say ever! There's a slim chance Stroud and Levis go before Young.

If Young is the QB there I am certain Ballard would run to get him.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Don't say ever! There's a slim chance Stroud and Levis go before Young.

If Young is the QB there I am certain Ballard would run to get him.

Yeah but Levi’s or stroud would still be there for colts. I think there is a good chance young drops to right around ten or a couple spots lower.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts should probably see if Jacoby wants to come back and be the vet backup to a rookie. Knowing we might draft a rookie he might do it thinking he could have a chance to start. 

You’ve stated you hate retreads starting next year, Jacoby would be the retreadest of retreads.

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You’ve stated you hate retreads starting next year, Jacoby would be the retreadest of retreads.

I wasn’t saying he would start. I would hope he wouldn’t. My point was Jacoby likes to go places where he could see a opening up start. Maybe he would view colts drafting a rookie as that chance. Not that it will happen. He would be a great backup to a rookie. Colts  could use his leadership too.

Archived