Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

Bryce is not that similar to Tua, hes more like a young Russel Wilson

Tua is actually kind of slow and his fake left handed throwing is a weird playing style.  He doesnt even move that much.  

Bryce is quick and make plays with his feet avoiding rushers.  I get that some people will never believe in him but hes getting drafted high and going to make plays in the league 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Its not like we are picking between Stroud, Young and Levis.

Zero chance all three are on the board at 4

Who cares… I think they’re all busts anyway

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Cards don't need QB nor Bears.

No but two QB needy teams could trade up…

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Its a weird class.  They have great talent and some big flaws too.

To me Stroud is the closest thing to a safe pick.  Bryce is the most talented today but hes small.  Levis scares me but he has potential and a lot of teams are in need.  

You know how teams kind of went into a holding pattern to see where Wilson went last year? I wonder if Carr will have a similar effect where once he goes, more moves are made. Someone is going to get him, be it this month or after that February 15th deadline. 

If a good portion of the QB needy teams end up filling their vacancies through vets, perhaps we won’t have as much to worry about come draft time. 

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:
25 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Every draft minus maybe two have QB’s that are hyped and they all have flaws. Elway and Luck were the only two considered can’t miss guys. So to say they are busts is a terrible statement. I would take Josh Allen for our team and had flaws. 

18 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Houston does and the Bears and Cardinals will both listen to trade talks

The odds of all three being on the board at 4 are pretty much zero.  Its more likely none are there than all three

If I was Bears GM; ask Texans for 2 and 12.

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know how teams kind of went into a holding pattern to see where Wilson went last year? I wonder if Carr will have a similar effect where once he goes, more moves are made. Someone is going to get him, be it this month or after that February 15th deadline. 

If a good portion of the QB needy teams end up filling their vacancies through vets, perhaps we won’t have as much to worry about come draft time. 

I am only worried about Texans and Carr isn’t going there.

18 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Just pointing out that there's been, at least, one special QB that only had one 3000 yard season to that point of their careers.

You just forgot.

And I explained why. You're acting like Joe Burrow played 4 full season in college. Levis has and his numbers outside of one season are weak.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

We watched it every year before sectional in the room. Good Lord Linda Forontino or whatever her name was.

Love the dude talking about Pele and the beauty of sports.  That was a really good scene.  

“It ain’t the six minutes. It’s what happens in the six minutes.” 

You know if Stroud decides to stay for one more year, I think we should honestly just trade back and get more capital for next year… Good chance Levis and Young could be gone. Get Bennett or McKee later and just suck again for next year. 

IF we are again so bad that we end up picking in the top 5 next year, we’d have a choice of Williams, Maye, Stroud and Bo Nix. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know if Stroud decides to stay for one more year, I think we should honestly just trade back and get more capital for next year… Good chance Levis and Young could be gone. Get Bennett or McKee later and just suck again for next year. 

IF we are again so bad that we end up picking in the top 5 next year, we’d have a choice of Williams, Maye, Stroud and Bo Nix. 

Texans for Young perhaps. Levis not going to Cards. Leaves Colts at 4 for him perhaps?

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

No way Irsay will put up with that.

6 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Texans for Young perhaps. Levis not going to Cards. Leaves Colts at 4 for him perhaps?

What changes everything is if Texans want Levis. Because they have more capital to get to one.

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

CJ Stroud not declaring for the NFL yet is starting to worry me, just for the fact the big three becomes the big two (Young and Levis). It could make teams more desperate to move up and make the cost to get one much larger.

It’s probably less likely actually. Teams won’t trade up that far for young or Levis. It’s Texans taking Levis that should concern you. 

Here's what I expect assuming Stroud declares 

If Texans take Young and Colts have an option at others they go Levis 

If Texans choose Levis and the others are available they go Stroud 

If first two are gone they go Young or upset 80% of forum by trading down 

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

Who would u take at 4 then. If  u think all busts: another year of who then?

I think we go LT or if there is a WR or TE that warrants that high of a pick, go there. If not, trade down a few spots and get one there. 

then grab a QB in round 2.

that said, I’m fine with taking the gamble of any of those first 3 QBs at 4. I just pray we don’t trade up to try and do it. I think there’s too many questions marks there with each of them and the capital to move from 4 to 1 will be HUGE

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think we go LT or if there is a WR or TE that warrants that high of a pick, go there. If not, trade down a few spots and get one there. 

that said, I’m fine with taking the gamble of any of those first 3 QBs at 4. I just pray we don’t trade up to try and do it. I think there’s too many questions marks there with each of them and the capital to move from 4 to 1 will be HUGE

We 100% shouldn't trade up 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

There's no WR or TE worth getting at 4.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s probably less likely actually. Teams won’t trade up that far for young or Levis. It’s Texans taking Levis that should concern you. 

I'm more than okay with them taking Levis, I think that guy has bust written all over him

Everyone should remember Stroud has not declared to become draft eligible. He has 3 days left, and it seems may be thinking of coming back. If he does stay in College, this makes the draft even more difficult. This is the first time we may see the NIL money being so much that a QB just stays in school for another year.

3 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Everyone should remember Stroud has not declared to become draft eligible. He has 3 days left, and it seems may be thinking of coming back. If he does stay in College, this makes the draft even more difficult. This is the first time we may see the NIL money being so much that a QB just stays in school for another year.

Have you read the last couple pages of this thread?  Lol

Archived