Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

No I would not.

I'm starting to get concerned with Fields and OSU Qbs in general.

I think they run their college spread offense and its clear Fields is still struggling to run a pro style offense.

He's not able to read a defense after a year which is why he runs so much which leads to injury.  Now, it is a little too soon to jump to conclusions about Fields, but hopefully he makes a big leap and starts throwing from the pocket more after year two.  Time will tell.

Dwayne Haskins had the same problem moving from the OSU spread to running a pro style offense.

I fear that Stroud will struggle as well.  It could be a couple of years before Stroud is any good if Fields progress is any indicator.

I thought Stroud runs a pro style offense, or is that Levis?

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Early dismissal today baby.  I'm off until Tuesday.  

had quizzes all day so I 've been extra busy posting ahem i mean working at my computer. 

That some funny feces. 

'Tis a silly place, but it's home. Yeah it was a quiz day for me as well. I'll be doing some grading during the Bengals game Sunday night. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think Ballard was really high on him. It’s just never a good sign when a team gives up on a young guy like that. I know I’d be asking myself what they know and why?

That's true. Remember Rosen? heheh

I don't know if I'd trade for him, but is worth thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

No I would not.

I'm starting to get concerned with Fields and OSU Qbs in general.

I think they run their college spread offense and its clear Fields is still struggling to run a pro style offense.

He's not able to read a defense after a year which is why he runs so much which leads to injury.  Now, it is a little too soon to jump to conclusions about Fields, but hopefully he makes a big leap and starts throwing from the pocket more after year two.  Time will tell.

Dwayne Haskins had the same problem moving from the OSU spread to running a pro style offense.

I fear that Stroud will struggle as well.  It could be a couple of years before Stroud (if ever) is any good if Fields progress is any indicator.

Yeah, he showed progress, but not enough for the Bears to get completely behind him (which is not a good sign). I think he will eventually become a good QB if put in the right situation, but that is nothing more than a feeling.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most gain weight once in the NFL because they need to get stronger. All I can say is, look at a Pic of Hurts in college compared to now. He looked a twig in college. Emmitt at one time did bulk up to 220. He gained over 20 pounds by the time he retired. Players do that because of the pounding they take. There are a few that do lose weight but is mainly pass rushers/LB's because they rely on speed more than anything. Leonard for example has lost weight but it is rare, usually QB's, RB's always put on weight. My point to the whole subject is, Young will put on weight once he gets into pro training regiment so I am not worried about him being little.

I fully understand why some players gain weight.   What I don’t understand is your reaction to my post.   

Okkahoma listed him at 218.   I just looked at his Wikipedia page which shows his combine weight which was 222.   And he’s now currently listed as 223. 

Smith did not gain 20 pounds while in the NFL.  That would put him around 195-200 when drafted and that doesn’t seem at all logical.  

I don’t understand this viewpoint?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What are you hearing on stroud?  I have heard about all the scouts at Levis games.

Ballard likes big 10 guys and like both their sizes. I think their target is Levis as they said they had a big meeting and they believe he will be there at 4. I think the only way they trade up is if the texans like their guy.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Ballard likes big 10 guys and like both their sizes. I think their target is Levis as they said they had a big meeting and they believe he will be there at 4. I think the only way they trade up is if the texans like their guy.

A meeting? I agree with you Ballard likes Big big ten guys. I wonder how the coaching hire could affect who they take. What if the new coach likes young. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If he’s eyeing both it could just as easily be Levis.  Stroud is just your opinion.

It doesnt matter to me who we get as long as they look better than who we got now lol. The feel is the texans will go Young. Bill O brian developed him and he seems to play like watson. Hopefully nobody trades to 1 and changes the draft

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A meeting? I agree with you Ballard likes Big big ten guys. I wonder how the coaching hire could affect who they take. What if the new coach likes young. 

If we draft Young it would be through irsay interference.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

It doesnt matter to me who we get as long as they look better than who we got now lol. The feel is the texans will go Young. Bill O brian developed him and he seems to play like watson. Hopefully nobody trades to 1 and changes the draft

Pretty sure colts will be the only one trading to one if it happens. I thought bears might trade down twice but if Texans do want young they have no reason to get back up to one if they have good intel.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Both Ballard and the Texans GM like bigger QB. There is a big chance young is the third QB taken. That’s why we need to get to one.

This form would melt down if we traded up to one to take Levis.

The forum would definitely melt down if we traded up to 1 for bennett lol

I don't think there's anyway to know who we take or don't take.  Absolutely guessing.  Will we take a QB? Sure.  If you go based off what QBs we have had generation success with while Irsay has been controlling things, its been Peyton and Luck.  Young, Stroud, don't fit that prototype. 

Levis and those type of QBs are far closer. 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Both Ballard and the Texans GM like bigger QB. 

Both the Colts and Texans still have to get a coach and get their input on it.  The new Texans coach might love Young, who knows.

I'm sure this is a huge part of the Colts interviewing process.  What are your thoughts on these three QBs?  What would be your plan for them?

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Horrible thought and idea. Rather have Richardson if no Young or CJ 

sure, could be horrible. could be great. you have no idea and neither do I.

I don't care who we take TBH.  History shows its a complete gamble.  No one knows what any of these guys will turn into. 

if it were up to me, Levis would be off the table just based off the mayo in his coffee.  But thats me being picky. 

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I fully understand why some players gain weight.   What I don’t understand is your reaction to my post.   

Okkahoma listed him at 218.   I just looked at his Wikipedia page which shows his combine weight which was 222.   And he’s now currently listed as 223. 

Smith did not gain 20 pounds while in the NFL.  That would put him around 195-200 when drafted and that doesn’t seem at all logical.  

I don’t understand this viewpoint?

Ncaa Football GIF by SEC NetworkYell National Football League GIF by Philadelphia Eagles- look at the difference between his forearms and biceps in those 2 pics, he is at least an inch thicker in the Philly jersey.

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

if it were up to me, Levis would be off the table just based off the mayo in his coffee.  But thats me being picky. 

No thats you being weird about something that doesn't matter.  If he can play qb at a high level, I'd don't care if he puts BBQ sauce in his coffee :)

1 minute ago, J@son said:

No thats you being weird about something that doesn't matter.  If he can play qb at a high level, I'd don't care if he puts BBQ sauce in his coffee :)

joke

/jōk/

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

"she was in a mood to tell jokes"

Similar:

funny story

jest

witticism

quip

pleasantry

pun

play on words

shaggy-dog story

old chestnut

double entendre

in-joke

gag

wisecrack

crack

funny

one-liner

rib-tickler

killer

knee-slapper

thigh-slapper

boffola

blague

verb

make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.

"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

joke

/jōk/

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

"she was in a mood to tell jokes"

Similar:

funny story

jest

witticism

quip

pleasantry

pun

play on words

shaggy-dog story

old chestnut

double entendre

in-joke

gag

wisecrack

crack

funny

one-liner

rib-tickler

killer

knee-slapper

thigh-slapper

boffola

blague

verb

make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.

"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"

Learn how to put context to your jokes. :P  There's enough stupidity posted on the internet that it gets to be difficult distinguishing between that and someone joking.  :td:

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Anyone else worried Stroud hasn't declared for the draft yet

Call me crazy, but I've wanted Levis since the day we knew the draft order (Before, actually)...so the only thing Stroud staying in school would bother me about, is that we may have to trade up for Levis instead of staying at #4... honestly, even though people on this board seem to think he will be no good, we may have to trade up to get Levis even if Stroud IS in the draft.

Archived