Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

There’s a difference in stopping in a few times a day when my schedule is idle, and living in this thread and whining incessantly about how long it will take. Or who is in the running. Or who is out of the running. Or what’s going on on Twitter. 

A pretty * stark difference at that. 

Guess what? It doesn’t matter how long it takes to make a hire. Or an announcement. And there is absolutely nothing that length of time can do to hurt you. Any of you. If they don’t hire someone until March guess what?

Nothing changes. 

Let it play out.

You know, without obsessing over it like you need an answer today to avoid some kind of physical harm to yourself. 

I’m here +/- 60 minutes a day. Some of you are here 60 minutes an hour. It’s weird. And sad.  

You're such a busy guy with lots of more important things going on. You should leave your phone # and someone will call you when something breaks...you know...so youre not wasting time like the rest of us are.....lol

28 minutes ago, DZS13 said:

It’s so obvious it’s Steichen. EVERYTHING points to it. They would have hired someone by now if it wasn’t. Now everyone can relax and wait for the announcement Monday or Tuesday. 

Honestly it would be comic gold if it ends up NOT being anyone in the superbowl

Just now, csmopar said:

Honestly it would be comic gold if it ends up NOT being anyone in the superbowl

Yes. It’s Steichen. Not only because he’s in the Super Bowl and they would have hired someone by now, but also because he has been with two young QBs in the last few years that play an exact system the Colts will want to use for the QB they draft. He has also worked with Bradley (Colts want to keep him) and has the same agent as Ballard, which is why it’s being kept quiet. 

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

When Irsay said days I thought he was hinting Thursday.  So tomorrow? 

I hope so. A part of me thinks he is getting a big laugh at all of the attention and speculation. Remember, he retweeted the skit about him and Ballard. It's good that he can laugh at himself.

I think he was vague on purpose, just to keep this going.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Still possible with the Colts though.  I haven’t seen any report where we said no announcement will be made until after the Super Bowl.  Only the Cardinals.

The NFL doesn’t want any news during SB week about any of the other 30 teams.   It’s been that way for decades.   The only news the NFL wants out is controlled by the NFL.   Game news.   Post game news.   Talk about the halftime show.   Release of the next class of hall of Famers.   That’s all.   No news about teams hiring new coaches or coordinators.    This blackout runs thru next Monday.   

So for the Colts and Cardinals it’s next Tuesday at the earliest.  

It might leak out.  But it won’t be official until next Tuesday at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

There’s a difference in stopping in a few times a day when my schedule is idle, and living in this thread and whining incessantly about how long it will take. Or who is in the running. Or who is out of the running. Or what’s going on on Twitter. 

A pretty * stark difference at that. 

Guess what? It doesn’t matter how long it takes to make a hire. Or an announcement. And there is absolutely nothing that length of time can do to hurt you. Any of you. If they don’t hire someone until March guess what?

Nothing changes. 

Let it play out.

You know, without obsessing over it like you need an answer today to avoid some kind of physical harm to yourself. 

I’m here +/- 60 minutes a day. Some of you are here 60 minutes an hour. It’s weird. And sad.  

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

I'm here 59 minutes an hour 

Good point by George Bremer and his podcast partner on blocking Bradley. They believe the candidate they are going to hire wanted Bradley . Otherwise colt would look really bad to block him and the new coach not keep him. It will also help a first time coach if is Steichen or Callahan to have a experienced former coach on the roster.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Good point by George Bremer and his podcast partner on blocking Bradley. They believe the candidate they are going to hire wanted Bradley . Otherwise colt would look really bad to block him and the new coach not keep him. It will also help a first time coach if is Steichen or Callahan to have a experienced former coach on the roster.

Do you think they'll keep Fox?

4 hours ago, DZS13 said:

Yes. It’s Steichen. Not only because he’s in the Super Bowl and they would have hired someone by now, but also because he has been with two young QBs in the last few years that play an exact system the Colts will want to use for the QB they draft. He has also worked with Bradley (Colts want to keep him) and has the same agent as Ballard, which is why it’s being kept quiet. 

Callahan also wants Johnson and also has the same agent as Ballard. 

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

George Bremer said everything he is hearing the winds seem to be going in Brian Callahans favor.

We'll see if it ends up being Callahan, but I thought he might be more appealing to Ballard.  The Bengals get into AFC North matchups and play old school football when they have to.  Yes, they have the big play capability, but they will get into a playoff game and play long stretches of traditional football.  I also think both Stroud and Levis would be a better match with that offense.  If you draft Young or Richardson, maybe you want what the Eagles are doing, but I don't believe Ballard is drafting Young or Richardson.

Callahan's dad is an O-line coach, so he should have the same type of appreciation for the trenches that Ballard does.  They can connect on that.

9 hours ago, DZS13 said:

Oh I completely agree that the logic lines up entirely. I’m just saying the media and many fans in here will scream if it’s not one of the coaches involved in the Super Bowl is all

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The NFL doesn’t want any news during SB week about any of the other 30 teams.   It’s been that way for decades.   The only news the NFL wants out is controlled by the NFL.   Game news.   Post game news.   Talk about the halftime show.   Release of the next class of hall of Famers.   That’s all.   No news about teams hiring new coaches or coordinators.    This blackout runs thru next Monday.   

It might leak out.  But it won’t be official until next Tuesday at the earliest. 

Well it can’t be official until next Tuesday 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Michael Irvin didn't get the memo

Archived