Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Wilkins cut,Jake Funk elevated

holeymoley99

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

First thing I thought of but that is not disco man that’s funk!  

we need the funk gotta have that funk Awwww

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Isn't that an old disco tune?

"We've got the funk"

Actually, both are sort of correct, lol.  Parliament put out "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off The Sucker)" in which some the lyrics are "We Need the Funk" in the mid 70's.  Some of the best funk ever made, mind you.

Then Positive Force put out a disco song called "We Got the Funk" in the 70's, I believe.  Never did much on the charts but I liked to spin it.  I spent over 20 years as a part time DJ.  Mostly mobile work.  Thinking of this music makes my afro grow back, lol.

24 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Actually, both are sort of correct, lol.  Parliament put out "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off The Sucker)" in which some the lyrics are "We Need the Funk" in the mid 70's.  Some of the best funk ever made, mind you.

Then Positive Force put out a disco song called "We Got the Funk" in the 70's, I believe.  Never did much on the charts but I liked to spin it.  I spent over 20 years as a part time DJ.  Mostly mobile work.  Thinking of this music makes my afro grow back, lol.

I stand corrected .  

I was thinking today after this thread why in the Hell don’t I listen to more George Clinton.   I am bound and determined to do that tomorrow on the way to work.  Ima listen to TPF too but man I haven’t listened to Pfunk in a couple decades or more.

man I am pretty sure that Give Up the Funk is sampled on one of the cuts on The Chronic.  Do you know if and if so which?

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

I stand corrected .  

I was thinking today after this thread why in the Hell don’t I listen to more George Clinton.   I am bound and determined to do that tomorrow on the way to work.  Ima listen to TPF too but man I haven’t listened to Pfunk in a couple decades or more.

man I am pretty sure that Give Up the Funk is sampled on one of the cuts on The Chronic.  Do you know if and if so which?

George was on this season of Masked Singer, I guessed him immediately while my wife who is a tad younger said who in the world is George Clinton ??? lol

16 hours ago, twfish said:

Only reason I know anything about him is because his girlfriend or wife was on the bachelor and my fiancé follows her on Instagram so I get to hear all about what they are doing hahahahahaha 

You have my sympathies.

On 1/3/2023 at 9:07 PM, Nickster said:

I stand corrected .  

No idea.  Was never a big fan of rap or hip hop.  I grew up in the 60's so my musical tastes range from 60's rock, British invasion, Motown, disco, jazz, pop, counntry and the like.  I have pretty much zero idea of who sings what today, lol.

I still enjoy playing Give Up the Funk on the drums tho, haha.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:43 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

I also used to be a DJ in the 1980s (during my grad school days). Put my turntables into storage and then pulled them out a few months ago only to find that they warped in my Alabama attic and I had to throw them out!

Still got a ton of vinyl though (not warped). :banana: :billiejean:

2 hours ago, Dr. T said:

I also used to be a DJ in the 1980s (during my grad school days). Put my turntables into storage and then pulled them out a few months ago only to find that they warped in my Alabama attic and I had to throw them out!

Still got a ton of vinyl though (not warped). :banana: :billiejean:

Given the choice of losing my vinyl or turntables I would choose turntable 110% of the time.  You made out pretty good on that.

I didn't have the room to keep all of my vinyl when I moved south so I just tossed it (yeah, A REALLY STUPID move I greatly regret).  I gave my sound equipment to a buddy who used it for a while.  I miss spinning like nobody's momma, lol.

Archived