Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17: Colts @ Giants, Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If he did, it’s pretty stupid because it may not even work…

At least one team will trade up with the Bears, Broncos or Seahawks… there’s a good chance we might have 0 QBs to choose from by pick 5.

Lol my autocorrect sometimes.. sigh… meant Cardinals not Broncos…

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

We forget how poor Carson played for stretches last year.  Even his surrogate father Frank lost trust in his decision making. We had a game with like 10 pass attempts last year.  A game (maybe same one) where Carson had 50 yards passing.  He would’ve found a way to suck as much as needed to make sure the Jags still won the division.  He’s cursed and everywhere he goes gets cursed. Irsay felt it and knew it.  You cut that kind of cancer out of a team immediately. Don’t let it grow and spread. 

I don’t think people realize how bad Ryan has been for this team this year. 13 less TDS and 6 more picks.

This isn’t me defending Wentz. But we’ve clearly downgraded. Wentz could at least move and keep the play alive. It didn’t end well a lot but it kept us in the game (until it didn’t).

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I don’t think people realize how bad Ryan has been for this team this year. 13 less TDS and 6 more picks.

This isn’t me defending Wentz. But we’ve clearly downgraded. Wentz could at least move and keep the play alive. It didn’t end well a lot but it kept us in the game (until it didn’t).

Wentz rode the coattails of JT having an mvp season.  Ryan has sucked but he didn’t have a healthy JT dragging him to team success.  That Wentz 27-7 is misleading. I was telling everyone most weeks he was killing us on 3rd & 4th downs.  Failing to extend drives.  Those games added up.  We were easily worthy of being a 12-13 win team last year.  Carson managed to turn that into 9-8.  He’ll always find a way to underperform when he’s needed the most.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This might sound dumb but is there a possibility Irsay did all of this to try and tank for a QB?

Well it's funny all this stuff is happening the same year that decent QBs are available in the draft.   And Irsay has literally never fired a coach in the middle of the season.  Especially when you know the odds of a team doing better with an interim coach and no OC are just literally not good at all.  It wouldn't surprise me if they planned a tank and did their best not to make it seem deliberate. 

Candidates for the permanent spot. Why potentially scare off good candidates (let’s all agree that coaches don’t like mid season firings) by firing mid season with no benefit. 

I don’t think anyone is ever gonna agree that Jim has a quick hook. Sorry, he just doesn’t.

Colts won’t have any problem finding a coach. They need to get it right though.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Wentz rode the coattails of JT having an mvp season.  Ryan has sucked but he didn’t have a healthy JT dragging him to team success.  That Wentz 27-7 is misleading. I was telling everyone most weeks he was killing us on 3rd & 4th downs.  Failing to extend drives.  Those games added up.  We were easily worthy of being a 12-13 win team last year.  Carson managed to turn that into 9-8.  He’ll always find a way to underperform when he’s needed the most.

Be that as it may, Ryan has been every bit of that and worse.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Be that as it may, Ryan has been every bit of that and worse.

No doubt.  Ryan had me fooled coming into the season.  His turnovers and unwillingness to push the ball down the field was devastating for us.  But once again, Frank and his helter skelter play calling didn’t do him any favors either.  Frank doesn’t know how to feature anyone but Pittman and his H back move tight end.  Everybody else can only have 1 breakout game a month or 2. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

No doubt.  Ryan had me fooled coming into the season.  His turnovers and unwillingness to push the ball down the field was devastating for us.  But once again, Frank and his helter skelter play calling didn’t do him any favors either.  Frank doesn’t know how to feature anyone but Pittman and his H back move tight end.  Everybody else can only have 1 breakout game a month or 2. 

Not arguing whether or not Frank should have been fired (mid season at that).

But even without Frank we still have the same issues (some could argue worse) as we did before.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Sam will probably start.  Just saying.

Who cares at this point. This has been a MISERABLE season starting with that tie against the LOWLY Texans. No more Saturday but MORE importantly we are STUCK with the man that BUILT this train wreck!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So, using your logic, he didn’t like frank and fired him even though there was no benefit.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is a meddling owner.

Then all owners meddle. There was no benefit and there was no penalty. 2022 was lost opening day.

If it’s the owner you are seeing as the reason, you may want to pick a new team. We can get a new GM, Coach, or QB. But the owner is here for life. 

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Then all coaches meddle. There was no benefit and there was no penalty. 2022 was lost opening day.

Penalty would be to have a meddling owner.

Then all coaches meddle. There was no benefit and there was no penalty. 2022 was lost opening day.

And coaches are supposed to meddle. Owners firing for no benefit doesn’t help.

Jesus Mighty Mouse. It typos and was editing but you were fricken so fast.

I knew where you were going with that to begin with.

But there was no benefit to firing frank mid season. He needed to go but if there was no benefit to doing it mid season, then Irsay acted irrationally and potentially harmed us from finding a quality candidate. Could’ve easily waited to the end of the season if there was no benefit.

• Like 1

I knew where you were going with that to begin with.

But there was no benefit to firing frank mid season. He needed to go but if there was no benefit to doing it mid season, then Irsay acted irrationally and potentially harmed us from finding a quality candidate. Could’ve easily waited to the end of the season if there was no benefit.

Look at my previous post before Frank released. I don’t ever support in season firings. It means you’re throwing the season away. I don’t for a second think it hurts there chances for any potential candidates. 

Look at my previous post before Frank released. I don’t ever support in season firings. It means you’re throwing the season away. I don’t for a second think it hurts there chances for any potential candidates. 

That’s fine if you think that (I hope you’re right) but we can at least acknowledge if there is no benefit to doing something, why do it? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This goes beyond talent. This is a  Broken team where players have given up. 

The OL pass protection issues have been going on now for two full seasons, since Polians  LT retired and Griggs Center's(Kelly) play has gone south. I don't disagree the team is broken, but both the team and OL are broken and Ballard is a major part of that. 

I just hope SamE. doesn't get hurt serious in the last game of the season. So far, colts QBs have been fortunate to not be seriously injured the last two seasons. 

Luck got out just in time.

• Like 1