Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where the haters at?

jvan1973

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, I just have him on ignore. Always have. I posted when someone else mentioned me and I got home from watching the game. He doesn't make predictions, he just bashes people when they're wrong. So his opinion is worthless.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it like I did, and it was nice to see a competent offense. However, no one would of given me credit if I was right either.

You're history of being wrong is epic.  Literally I would bet against anything you bet on

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The Raiders may be bad... But we won. 

Would we still have won with Reich? Fox? or one of the other assistants? maybe? maybe not?

But we won with Saturday.

we won against the chiefs with frank he is not as bad  as people think on here .    he lost the team after the titans loss no doubt and is a bad play caller for sure .    i have no clue what the team would of looked like with frank .

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

That would qualify as media report, see no proof there.

Just another reporter regurgitating another reporters reports.

You asked for sources, I provided. It’s up to you what to do with them. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/colts-jim-irsay-matt-ryan-benching/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-owner-jim-irsay-reportedly-led-charge-to-bench-qb-matt-ryan/ar-AA13mW6a

When the owner suggests something and you’re on the hot seat, wouldn’t be a stretch to say you listen.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

we won against the chiefs with frank he is not as bad  as people think on here .    he lost the team after the titans lose no doubt and is a bad play caller for sure .    i have no clue what the team would of looked like with frank .

The fact that you say he "lost the team" says a lot

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

You asked for sources, I provided. It’s up to you what to do with them. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/colts-jim-irsay-matt-ryan-benching/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-owner-jim-irsay-reportedly-led-charge-to-bench-qb-matt-ryan/ar-AA13mW6a

When the owner suggests something and you’re on the hot seat, wouldn’t be a stretch to say you listen.

You don't think I have seen media reports?

I didn't ask for sources, I asked for proof.

18 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

IMO, the owner shouldn’t be involved in player personnel decisions. That’s why he hired a GM and HC. Of course, he can if he wants to, but you can’t name too many success stories in that scenario. 
If the owner is involved, and the GM and HC catch the waves of the way the owner wants it, things will generally sway that way, especially if they believe they are on the hot seat. 

I had a longer response typed out but got deleted some how.

Anyway, I will keep it short.

I agree

I don't think Irsay interferes with player personnel, outside of their QB pow wows.

I don't think Ballard interferes either, as Rodgers would be playing more I would think.

I don't think Irsay made Frank bench Ryan, as this plays out it seems more likely that it was Reich's final call to try and save his job  Irsay gave it a couple weeks and realized things were spiraling out of control fast.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

That would qualify as media report, see no proof there.

Just another reporter regurgitating another reporters reports.

Yup. Don't you love "sources" lol...

If anyone feels the need to leak this kind of stuff, super weak... Obviously those people are either unhappy with their jobs, or just dislike Irsay, or one of those people thinks their "voice" is important and needs to be heard... lol.. 

If the reports are actually true, or close... If a few people are leaking everything, then Irsay needs to fire those people... If I were Jim, I'd pass out NDAs to all the FO/staff. 

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The fact that you say he "lost the team" says a lot

something was wrong with the team under him but i cant say frank wouldnt have rebounded .   he seems to do this every year going through a massive slump where he losses the team .  then somehow the team gets hot under him and every one is calling the colts a dark horse .    its better to have a coach that is not as up and down but i still dont think frank is terrible .   he still went 40-33 with washed up QBs and backups  .  hopefully jeff is less of a roller coaster as a coach

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I agree

I don't think Irsay interferes with player personnel, outside of their QB pow wows.

I don't think Ballard interferes either, as Rodgers would be playing more I would think.

I don't think Irsay made Frank bench Ryan, as this plays out it seems more likely that it was Reich's final call to try and save his job  Irsay gave it a couple weeks and realized things were spiraling out of control fast.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Don't you love "sources" lol...

If anyone feels the need to leak this kind of stuff, super weak... Obviously those people are either unhappy with their jobs, or just dislike Irsay, or one of those people thinks their "voice" is important and needs to be heard... lol.. 

If the reports are actually true, or close... If a few people are leaking everything, then Irsay needs to fire those people... If I were Jim, I'd pass out NDAs to all the FO/staff. 

youtube fashion GIF

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Lol this is the NFL. You rarely get “proof”. If you don’t want to believe that’s your decision but they do end up right a lot of the time.

It's being presented as some big conspiracy.(not by you)

Irsay forces Reich to bench Ryan so he could fire him, hire his buddy, and then put Ryan back in.

Yeah, have a hard time believing that.

Seems more likely they had a discussion and Frank's job was on the line, so he asked for a chance to see what Sam can do.?

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s not lose sight that Saturday was given the freedom to make the correct decision.   Decisions that Frank was not allowed to.  

Frank didn’t want to bench Matt Ryan.   And Irsay had Frank announce that Ryan would not play another down for the Colts even when he was healthy.  That came from Irsay. 

Credit to Saturday, but it only took him 3 days to realize that Ryan was the right choice.   But that decision was the same one Frank wanted to make and Irsay over-ruled him.

It does seem a bit odd, doesn't it.

We'll never know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Goodell personally called Irsay to ask him what's going on, (benching the vet for a second year QB, firing the OC, firing the HC, then hiring an inexperienced coach when two former HCs are on the staff)  and if his meddling results in the team looking worse and noncompetitive, there might be an investigation at the end of the season. 

Not saying that it did happen.   It just seems odd why Irsay would now give control back to his HC. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

It does seem a bit odd, doesn't it.

We'll never know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Goodell personally called Irsay to ask him what's going on, and if his meddling results in the team looking worse and noncompetitive, there might be an investigation at the end of the season. 

Not saying that it did happen.   It just seems odd why Irsay would now give control back to his HC. 

Investigation into what???

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Irsay forces Reich to bench Ryan so he could fire him, hire his buddy, and then put Ryan back in.

Seems more likely they had a discussion and Frank's job was on the line, so he asked for a chance to see what Sam can do.?

Or, he gave Saturday the job. And had to acquiesce to Saturday saying Ryan was the best choice or risk losing the brand new coach he hired or appearing as a meddling owner.

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

something was wrong with the team under him but i cant say frank wouldnt have rebounded .   he seems to do this every year going through a massive slump where he losses the team .  then somehow the team gets hot under him and every one is calling the colts a dark horse .    its better to have a coach that is not as up and down but i still dont think frank is terrible .   he still went 40-33 with washed up QBs and backups  .  hopefully jeff is less of a roller coaster as a coach

At least, I think you would agree... Saturday did a great job, on less than one weeks notice, of getting the team up for this game... on the road, with everyone in the media doubting him?

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Or, he gave Saturday the job. And had to acquiesce to Saturday saying Ryan was the best choice or risk losing the brand new coach he hired or appearing as a meddling owner.

Yeah, because that is something a "meddling" owner would worry about 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I agree

A little blast from the past. 1972 Baltimore Colts. HC Don McCafferty fired,after going 32-18-2 , winning a Super Bowl , and getting two an AFC Championship game in 1971. They started 1972, 1-4. Irsay and Joe Thomas hire long time assistant John Sandusky who

loses first two games , but finishes 4-5. He’s fired and replaced by Mike McCormick. During 1972, Sandusky is ordered from

the top to bench Unitas for Marty Domres. 

The Colts did get better 1975-77, but then collapsed again. That was some of my formative understanding of negative owner involvement. I’ve had to relive it for 25 years with the Angelo’s family with the Orioles. Just so you know where I’m coming from. 

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

I agree

My thoughts exactly. Really seemed like Reich was lost on how to fix the line, and threw Sam in as a final prayer.

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

At least, I think you would agree... Saturday did a great job, on less than one weeks notice, of getting the team up for this game... on the road, with everyone in the media doubting him?

yes of course the offense looked better the play calling was better .  i like when coaches take a back seat and let their guys coach .  frank got to involved in the offense and still acted more like a OC .   my only point was we wont know if the decision was right until the end of the year .   if jeff wins next week and knocks off the eagles i am on his band wagon

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Have no clue.

But it is a strange situation. 

And media reports (several) contradict each other.

And also contradicts Jeff's statements. 

So someone in the media is full of sheet. 

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let’s not lose sight that Saturday was given the freedom to make the correct decision.   Decisions that Frank was not allowed to.  

Frank didn’t want to bench Matt Ryan.   And Irsay had Frank announce that Ryan would not play another down for the Colts even when he was healthy.  That came from Irsay. 

Credit to Saturday, but it only took him 3 days to realize that Ryan was the right choice.   But that decision was the same one Frank wanted to make and Irsay over-ruled him.   

Today is a good day for Colts Nation, but it’s not as Black and White as some here would have you believe. 

Just an honest question but why would Irsay not give Frank the decision to play Matt but give Saturday the decision to play Matt. To me that makes no sense. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Have no clue.

But it is a strange situation. 

And media reports (several) contradict each other.

And also contradicts Jeff's statements. 

So someone in the media is full of sheet. 

Take coach’s statements with a grain of salt. Most will toe the line to be good company men lest they be labeled as difficult to work with.

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the play calling was better

LOL.  It was the same shallow passes.  (We even called  screen pass at our own 5 yard line). 

The difference was that PC got YAC, Granson got YAC, like how its supposed to work...and JT got his 66 yard TD run.  O was also also aided by a turnover (blocked punt) 

Turnover, JT big play, and YAC allowed the same shallow play calls score points this time.

And I'll bet that Raimann graded better this game than any LT has outside of the first game DKelly started.

Did Fries play RG?...IOW a personnel shuffle.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just an honest question but why would Irsay not give Frank the decision to play Matt but give Saturday the decision to play Matt. To me that makes no sense. 

Easy. He just gave Saturday his seal of approval and us to back that vote of confidence up. Would be a bad boss if Saturday came in, said Ryan’s the guy only to be shot down.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  It was the same shallow passes.  The difference is that PC got YAC, Granson got YAC, like how its supposed to work...and JT got his 66 yard TD run.  Also aided by a turnover (blocked punt) 

Turnover, JT big play, and YAC made the same shallow play calls score points this time.

But, (as I listened on the radio) it appeared the OLIne blocked this week.

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Easy. He just gave Saturday his seal of approval and us to back that vote of confidence up. Would be a bad boss if Saturday came in, said Ryan’s the guy only to be shot down.

Yeah but Frank could've said Matt is our guy when he gets healthy. Instead, he said Sam was the man the rest of the season. I am so glad Matt Ryan gets this 2nd chance because to dis a Hall of Fame QB like that is awful. He looked far from washed today too. The dude had a 40 yard run even. I almost spit my beer out when I seen him running like Lamar Jackson.

3 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

But, (as I listened on the radio) it appeared the OLIne blocked this week.

They probably got a spark...new personnel with new energy...and some scheme changes on occasion that helped keep the D honest.  But is was the same plays called the same ways, for the most part, IMO. 

And maybe Parks simplified some things...especially for the rookies.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but Frank could've said Matt is our guy when he gets healthy. Instead, he said Sam was the man the rest of the season. I am so glad Matt Ryan gets this 2nd chance because to dis a Hall of Fame QB like that is awful. He looked far from washed today too. The dude had a 40 yard run even. I almost spit my beer out when I seen him running like Lamar Jackson.

Hahaha I was more thinking of Manning when he had no other choice.

And to your question, no one knows.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I didn't know this was a grammer police forum.   Also hyphens are not the device to separate sentences.   I guess I know why you're a truck driver and not an English teacher 

I owe you an explanation. No, I’m not the grammar police. I’m the guy who, as a kid in the early 1960s, had to write “I will not end a sentence with a preposition” on the blackboard 50 times while my classmates watched and had milk and cookies.    It makes an impression.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  It was the same shallow passes.  (We even called  screen pass at our own 5 yard line). 

The difference was that PC got YAC, Granson got YAC, like how its supposed to work...and JT got his 66 yard TD run.  O was also also aided by a turnover (blocked punt) 

Turnover, JT big play, and YAC allowed the same shallow play calls score points this time.

And I'll bet that Raimann graded better this game than any LT has outside of the first game DKelly started.

Did Fries play RG?...IOW a personnel shuffle.

it was the same play book of course ,but i am talking about the decisions on what plays are called at what times .  i thought they were less predictable overall .   with frank most of the times i know when its a run or a pass before the ball is snapped .    what jeff did that i liked is simplifying the playbook to help execution . frank seems to out smart himself by calling cute plays to trick teams and it back fires .   it wasnt perfect but i like parks so far next week is the real test though .  the eagles are not a bottom feeding team like the raiders who will get a top 5 pick in the draft .

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I take coach and FO statements with several grains, and media statements with even more salt... 

Very possible that the media all are parroting the same story. It’s also possible it’s true. This is a huge industry and Rappaport isn’t one to make up things that are outright false. In that business, it’s a death knell.

Archived