Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That just had me laughing. You know what though IF Ballard is ignoring what the head coach and what the position coach is saying and forcing them to play a player despite their opinions then yes he should be fired....

The fact you think this it was Reich making decisions is laughable. Why do we have a GM then. You can’t keep making every issue a Reich issue which is what some of you are trying to do. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, #12. said:

I said Ballard and company, but Ballard certainly has a heavy influence.  That's my sense anyway.

If there was any real competition at RG, it never came through in anything being reported from those following the team.  Quite the opposite.

Most teams..

The unit coach (Strausser) picks their preferences. And coordinator blesses. If there is a position battle, I'm sure they talk about things and work it out. 

11 minutes ago, #12. said:

That was interesting.  You initially said the head coach GM model is different everywhere, and no one has a clue to what it is behind closed doors.  You then proceeded to somehow precisely define what that process is behind closed doors in Indy.  Okay.

That's not what I said. 

We do not know about Indy. Because they are tight lipped about decisions, and talk about "partnership" when asked about the working relationship. 

But we know more about other teams, that are more transparent (than Indy). And we know simple things about the majority of teams. 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What does this mean?

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Some of you not wanting to lay any blame on Ballard is just plane weird. 

It's not that I don't think there is fault with Ballard, its that you can see his success in bringing in quality players on both sides of the field and a lot of our problems have been schematic and not being flexible on the offensive side of the ball which is on coaching. There are hundreds of examples of this including running scat backs up the middle making very questionable calls when it comes to situational football. Now I also think this team isn't a complete rebuild like others, this defense is a turn key operation. The offense I believe can be fixed over 1 offseason with a new offensive scheme and 1-2 players.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

That's not what I said. 

We do not know about Indy. Because they are tight lipped about decisions, and talk about "partnership" when asked about the working relationship. 

But we know more about other teams, that are more transparent (than Indy). And we know simple things about the majority of teams. 

What does this mean?

Lol. It looks like 3 Pats players chasing Sam with three Oline in the back ground loo. Being a smart ...!

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The fact you think this it was Reich making decisions is laughable. Why do we have a GM then. You can’t keep making every issue a Reich issue which is what some of you are trying to do. 

What do you think are the responsibilities of the head coach and the GM? and I'm not saying Reich has over arching decision making. I'm saying it's a collaboration, in which the Head coach tends to trust what his position coach says and the GM trusts the head coach.

• NFLfan changed the title to 2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

Ballard has to go when Frank does. Not even Grigson put an O-line this bad on the field. 9 sacks on a mobile QB is atrocious. Glad they finally benched Pryor. I remembered NCF called me crazy for saying he needed to be cut by week 3. Kelly got abused all day too.

Once the Colts lock in that top 5 draft pick, they should fire Ballard the same day and tell him “I bet you’re excited to be picking that high. Too bad you won’t be making the pick because we’re not letting you screw this up”. 

Honestly I don’t care how good his draft resume is. You don’t win with his team building philosophy. Passed on Charles Leno (who’s wife confirmed he wanted to go to Indy) and Terron Armstead for Fischer (currently unemployed) and Pryor at LT. Let Glow and Reed walk when they were clearly way better than Pinter.

I don’t need to say anything about Frank because it’s already been said. But Ballard? Yeah his seat should be the hottest. Good thing Luck retired when he did.

Let’s just say you guys are right  about strausser and Reich approving of Pryor and Pinter. That doesn’t excuse him not having a backup plan. The backups this year had zero game experience outside of Dennis Kelly. Ai who was going to be better if the experiment failed. Where was the competition. I hated the depth of this oline from the start.

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your understanding of the GM and coaching responsibilities, and variations across the NFL, are lacking. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your condescending attitude towards other fans is off the charts. Your not right all the time.  Your opinion isn’t   the truth every time.

Sorry, but you act like it's fact that GMs dictate who starters are. That's just not the norm. 

Good GMs and head coaches work together.  That was a big issue with Grigson and Pagano was Grigson very much saw himself as Pagano’s boss and would order him to do things.  Going back to Polian and Dungy, Dungy once said he would sell me on things and I would sell him on things and two examples he used was Polian wanting Bob Sanders and Dungy wanting Freeney in the draft and each man selling the other on their idea.

I think you see the later more with Ballard and Reich.  Irsay talks about the Colts brain trust which is really those three guys and I think they make most decisions as a group based on what they think is best for the team.  I don’t think very often one of them “orders” the other to do something I think they talk it out as men and understand there is give and take and no one has all the answers or is going to get exactly what they want ALL the time.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good GMs and head coaches work together.  That was a big issue with Grigson and Pagano was Grigson very much saw himself as Pagano’s boss and would order him to do things.  Going back to Polian and Dungy, Dungy once said he would sell me on things and I would sell him on things and two examples he used was Polian wanting Bob Sanders and Dungy wanting Freeney in the draft and each man selling the other on their idea.

I think you see the later more with Ballard and Reich.  Irsay talks about the Colts brain trust which is really those three guys and I think they make most decisions as a group based on what they think is best for the team.  I don’t think very often one of them “orders” the other to do something I think they talk it out as men and understand there is give and take and no one has all the answers or is going to get exactly what they want ALL the time.  

If that is the case we have 3 fools trying to run an NFL team

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Bingo... 

It's why I say "we just know who pushed what decision" in terms of personnel acquisition and other issues. 

But I'd guess some of the bigger decisions have fingerprints from one of the guys. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Both Ballard and Reich are at fault and need to go. Reich with the  play calling and the one running the offense which has been the teams downfall in 2022. Ballard's to blame just as much for continuing to ignore the LT, RG, and QB position since Andrew Luck retired. Bringing in these 40 year old past their prime QB's or giving up first round picks for a guy who only lasted one season in Carson Wentz set this team back so much. Both need to be fired to allow a new GM and coaching staff to come in and hopefully clean up this mess quickly.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sounds like someone else around here.

I don’t think My opinion is the truth. It’s just my opinion. I am getting sick of condescending remarks all the time from a certain poster. You can share  your opinion with out  crapping on other posters. I never put down other posters like that. We all have our own opinions. But telling a poster they lack football knowledge and making fun of them is just flat out wrong. 

Most fans just want to win. I am not a x and o person or a statistics person where I think that’s the end all b all. I have had poster send me pm telling me how dumb I was and wanting to give me resources.   If you want respect it needs to go both ways.  I rarely talk about x and o because I really don’t care. Just win baby. That doesn’t make me a bad fan.

The only reason for this putrid offense is the mindnumbingly bad offensive line play(and play calling). What is going on there? Sam had some nice throws today. Way too many drops. I thought he kept his composure pretty good out there. As the third quarter was winding down on 3rd and 1 why hand the ball to Granson? That play had no chance. Oh well, off to lose to Davis next week(even though that team is a lot worse than ours). This season is really starting to remind me of 1997 and 2011.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is very much what it seems like but with a hierarchy to break ties. Collaboration is the goal but Ballard can ultimately overrule Reich and Irsay can ultimately overrule Ballard.

Archived