Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady compares slog of NFL season to military deployment

gspdx

11 minutes ago, gspdx said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/sport/tom-brady-military-deployment-f-bombs-nfl-spt-intl/index.html

The only difference between the NFL season and a military deployment

• Traveling in comfortable planes
  • Staying in nice hotels
  • Eating good food
  • And millions of dollars a year to do it

Poor Tom...

Tommy has some problems now days with his thinking but it happens with everyone in life at times.

12 minutes ago, gspdx said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/sport/tom-brady-military-deployment-f-bombs-nfl-spt-intl/index.html

• Staying in nice hotels
  • Eating good food

Poor Tom...

Yeah I mentioned that in the other thread. 

Pretty poor comparison, especially with Veteran's Day approaching. 

Also add: risk of death considerably lower. 

I'll never forget watching my brother-in-law say goodbye to his infant son and then get on the plane destined for Afghanistan. The absolute pain of wondering if he'd make it back to be with this child still chills me to this day. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yeah I mentioned that in the other thread. 

Pretty poor comparison, especially with Veteran's Day approaching. 

Also add: risk of death considerably lower. 

I'll never forget watching my brother-in-law say goodbye to his infant son and then get on the plane destined for Afghanistan. The absolute pain of wondering if he'd make it back to be with this child still chills me to this day. 

Yep - it's not an easy thing.  I was in the Air Force for 20 years.  The scariest things I ever had to do was ride through a Typhon in a C-130 and sit in a bar full of Marines!

He seems to be falling apart. He also said there is a lot of bad football this year. But what he didn't mention is his play and the Bucs are a part of that. Looks like his marriage is done because he chose another year instead of retirement. Comparing the NFL to the military is just about the dumbest thing he might have ever said. Reasons listed above. Sounds like mid life crisis 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

He seems to be falling apart. He also said there is a lot of bad football this year. But what he didn't mention is his play and the Bucs are a part of that. Looks like his marriage is done because he chose another year instead of retirement. Comparing the NFL to the military is just about the dumbest thing he might have ever said. Reasons listed above. Sounds like mid life crisis 

Tom is human, he knows his football days are almost behind him. He lost it Sunday on the sideline. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tommy has some problems now days with his thinking but it happens with everyone in life at times.

Big Ben said Tom Brady did not look like he was enjoying himself vs the Steelers, felt like he didn't really want to be there. He definitely deep down regrets coming back with all his personal issues to go with them. It has to be wearing on him, the future of his access to his kids etc. and making him realize life is far bigger than the sport when it is all said and done. It could also be affecting his ability to think clearly (had to throw that jab in :)). 

On 10/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, gspdx said:

• Staying in nice hotels
  • Eating good food

Poor Tom...

That's just like the air force,  except for the millions of dollars

On 10/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Sounds like he's an egotistical *. But in fairness, greatest cheater of all time lol 

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Got smoked by PJ Walker and the tanking Panthers. Looks like he’s not a God after all. Should’ve retired after his Super Bowl win. 

…or after the loss to the Rams in a close playoff game last year…no shame in losing to the eventual SB champion in the divisional round.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

…or after the loss to the Rams in a close playoff game last year…no shame in losing to the eventual SB champion in the divisional round.

This  :number1:

I think about his kids, and how they adore him and proud of his accomplishments  (rightfully so)

Now having to see the country week after week ridicule-ing their father (again rightfully so) for choosing  football over family in what's looking like a mediocre at best ending to his career and also witnessing a very nasty public divorce of their parents. 

It didn't have to be this way. 

Could have gone out on top.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

This  :number1:

I think about his kids, and how they adore him and proud of his accomplishments  (rightfully so)

Now having to see the country week after week ridicule-ing their father (again rightfully so) for choosing  football over family in what's looking like a mediocre at best ending to his career and also witnessing a very nasty public divorce of their parents. 

It didn't have to be this way. 

Could have gone out on top.

I think about his kids as well. I work with kids on a daily basis. Kids are resilient, and can overcome and deal with a lot. But I will say this, they still have feelings and get hurt from parents' actions and choices. They often try to mask these feelings, but they're still existent, even if it doesn't look like it from the outside. 

Imagine watching your dad for years playing football. Being proud of their accomplishments and wanting to share that experience. Imagine waiting for the day to come when he's finally able to share your own life moments. And then imagine the disappointment knowing yet another year will be spent without him. 

Archived