Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 5 View Party - General NFL, plus CFB

EastStreet

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We played very well against the Packers in the opener -- well played in every facet. We have not played that well since then. I expected us to blow out the Bears but we did not. We looked really bad against the Eagles. The Pats shut out the Lions that we nearly lost to. We almost lost to the Saints last week. 

If we can play like we played in the opener I would feel better.

Btw, my Mets are losing. 

Yeah I seen the Mets are down 2-0, good luck. I hope they win.

Matt Amendola - 2/8 from 40+ in NFL, a big reason Chiefs lose to the Colts , and the Cardinals in need of a kicker say “oh well, let’s sign him” and he misses another 43 yarder making it 2/9 from 40+ and they lose 17-20

Chiefs passed on McLaughlin and signed him, paid for it, wised up and signed a guy Matt Wright from CFL, 4/4 vs Bucs. Cardinals will also let him go, THIS IS IT in a Not For Long league for Matt Amendola, I’m certain.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Only one of those AFC East teams would be a WC. The other would be a top 4 seed. 

No it would be:

Buffalo in the East

Chiefs in the West

Either Bengals or Ravens in the North because 1 will be 3-2

Tennessee in the South

Then Miami, Chargers, and Jets as WCards. Don't worry the Jets suck though and won't maintain what they are doing. They will win maybe 7 or 8 games.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No it would be:

Buffalo in the East

Chiefs in the West

Tennessee in the South

Then Miami, Chargers, and Jets as WCards. Don't worry the Jets suck though and won't maintain what they are doing. They will win maybe 7 or 8 games.

I forgot about  Buffalo lol.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No it would be:

Buffalo in the East

Chiefs in the West

Tennessee in the South

The way this year is playing out, I could honestly see the Jets making a run

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@MB-ColtsFan How's your football Sunday?

Sorry, was offline for a bit putting the grandkids to bed and other stuff.

It was pretty good.  Saw the first half of the Giants win (stepson is super happy!) and a lot of Red Zone.

How does it feel being in first place all by your lonesome?  Undefeated in division play...not bad.

How was yours?  Have to feel happy with todays results.

32 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Sorry, was offline for a bit putting the grandkids to bed and other stuff.

It was pretty good.  Saw the first half of the Giants win (stepson is super happy!) and a lot of Red Zone.

How does it feel being in first place all by your lonesome?  Undefeated in division play...not bad.

How was yours?  Have to feel happy with todays results.

Thanks. I had a good but busy Sunday. I don't think it will end well, as I am a Mets fan and they are two innings from being eliminated from the playoffs. (6-0 in the 8th)

Yes, the Vikings won and everyone else in the division lost. It is not a strong division. I expected more from the Lions but they keep losing like they always do. I was surprised we did not blow out the Bears. I will have to watch the replay of the game to see how they played.

I hope everything is better in Myrtle Beach now. Be well. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That has to be false because even 2 people could not handle Homey like that, he would eat them for breakfast :sarcasm: - much like Tennessee took Wentz lunch money at the end today haha 

That was Saleh's goons.

Came to collect.

Lamar Jackson, he doesn’t have touch on his deep throws vs the Bengals. That Watson contract outlier is going to haunt the Ravens. If I’m them, I’d franchise Lamar and trade him for a bunch of first rounders (3 at least) unless of course Lamar wins the SB. 

I was watching the Bears-Vikings yesterday and thought I was rewatching last years Colt-Raven game. The Vikes got up 21-3 and then went to a very soft ridiculous zone defense so Fields could start completing easy underneath throws much like Jackson did against us last year. Bears came back and took the lead, but the Vikings did drive down and score late and win. Vikings should have won that game about 45-10. People complain about Matt Ryan, but Justin Fields has got to be the worst qb in the league. Fox kept putting up a graphic during the game tracking Fields completions and rushes for the season at one time it was 38 completions and 38 rushes. Think about that people next time you want to complain about Matt Ryan, the 5th game of the season and Fields had just thrown his 38th completed pass! WOW!

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I was watching the Bears-Vikings yesterday and thought I was rewatching last years Colt-Raven game. The Vikes got up 21-3 and then went to a very soft ridiculous zone defense so Fields could start completing easy underneath throws much like Jackson did against us last year. Bears came back and took the lead, but the Vikings did drive down and score late and win. Vikings should have won that game about 45-10. People complain about Matt Ryan, but Justin Fields has got to be the worst qb in the league. Fox kept putting up a graphic during the game tracking Fields completions and rushes for the season at one time it was 38 completions and 38 rushes. Think about that people next time you want to complain about Matt Ryan, the 5th game of the season and Fields had just thrown his 38th completed pass! WOW!

I already posted a lot about this yesterday but Matt Ryan is a better QB than Wentz is as well. I don't want to keep putting Wentz down because it makes me look a hater and a troll but Matt is better IMO. I think Matt Ryan is better than Tannehill too but as of now Tennessee has a half game lead on us and did beat us so my opinion could be debated. Only thing Tannehill has over Matt is, he can run better out of the pocket, he is faster. 

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

Let me play devil's advocate, so the Bengals coach and gm should be fired?

Many would say that in here. The Bengals have actually been irrelevant as far as winning a SB since 1988 except for last year. Andy Dalton won 0 playoff games when the Bengals were at least good. I like Burrow but the Ravens may win that division now.

You are probably right Chad and unfortunately we do not have a good history playing those two teams. We still have 4 games that I consider automatic losses. Cowboys, Pats, Raiders, and that pathetically bad Steeler team. So that is 6 losses, not much margin for error on the rest of the schedule. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many would say that in here. The Bengals have actually been irrelevant as far as winning a SB since 1988 except for last year. Andy Dalton won 0 playoff games when the Bengals were at least good. I like Burrow but the Ravens may win that division now.

Plus, Joe Burrow and the Bengals, just a gut feeling inside, might end up like the Dan Marino Miami Dolphins. Make 1 SB appearance and won't sniff a SB the rest of their career in the loaded AFC. 

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

You are probably right Chad and unfortunately we do not have a good history playing those two teams. We still have 4 games that I consider automatic losses. Cowboys, Pats, Raiders, and that pathetically bad Steeler team. So that is 6 losses, not much margin for error on the rest of the schedule. 

We have not fared well against the Eagles, not won since 2006 in the Manning days. 2010 - Austin Collie first concussion game, 2014 Darren Sproles game, 2018 - part of Luck's slow start game, and with the way the Eagles are playing I am not sure about this year either. I would actually swap the Steelers for the Eagles this year. 

I had us at 10 games at 10-7 but now it is shaping up like 9-7-1 because of the tie.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There O.Line reminds me of when we had Luck. I feel sorry for Burrow.

I swear, the QB also makes the O-line. A lot of those guys came from good OL performances before they were signed. But then when Alex Cappa comes from Brady, we know how better an OL looks with Brady and Peyton throwing. Matt Ryan doesn't throw away as much as Brady or Peyton to live to fight another day but then how many QBs are Brady and Peyton like? :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

We have not fared well against the Eagles, not won since 2006 in the Manning days. 2010 - Austin Collie first concussion game, 2014 Darren Sproles game, 2018 - part of Luck's slow start game, and with the way the Eagles are playing I am not sure about this year either. I would actually swap the Steelers for the Eagles this year. 

I had us at 10 games at 10-7 but now it is shaping up like 9-7-1 because of the tie.

I had us at 11-6, it may actually be 9-7-1 which believe it or not will be good enough to win the division IMO if we beat the Jags and Tennessee in the rematches. We have to win at least 9.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I swear, the QB also makes the O-line. A lot of those guys came from good OL performances before they were signed. But then when Alex Cappa comes from Brady, we know how better an OL looks with Brady and Peyton throwing. Matt Ryan doesn't throw away as much as Brady or Peyton to live to fight another day but then how many QBs are Brady and Peyton like? :) 

A QB helps, quick releases, reading defenses, etc..Peyton and Brady both mastered that, that is why they are arguably the 2 best QB's ever. Rivers was a master at it too. I think Matt is under a lot of pressure here because when Irsay wanted him, he was saying that he would bring us a SB win. Taylor hasn't performed well either, last year Wentz used him as a crutch. Matt hasn't had that luxury so far.

Archived