Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 5 View Party - General NFL, plus CFB

EastStreet

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Plus, Joe Burrow and the Bengals, just a gut feeling inside, might end up like the Dan Marino Miami Dolphins. Make 1 SB appearance and won't sniff a SB the rest of their career in the loaded AFC. 

I think it’s widely conscious the Bengals we’re not the best team in the afc last season

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I think it’s widely conscious the Bengals we’re not the best team in the afc last season

Yeah, after the Colts, Mahomes and the Chiefs are my favorite team, and I still think the Chiefs were a better team than the Bengals and would have had the Rams sweating till the end and possibly beaten them. However, the better team doesn't win, like the 2005 Colts over the Steelers. It is all that happens during that day that matters.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, after the Colts, Mahomes and the Chiefs are my favorite team, and I still think the Chiefs were a better team than the Bengals and would have had the Rams sweating till the end and possibly beaten them. However, the better team doesn't win, like the 2005 Colts over the Steelers. It is all that happens during that day that matters.

That play at the end of the half came back and bit them. Could have been up 24 or 28-10 going into the 3rd qtr

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

That play at the end of the half came back and bit them. Could have been up 24 or 28-10 going into the 3rd qtr

It still wouldn't have if their O-line was challenged and blocked the heck out for CEH and their RBs to punish the Bengals for dropping 7 and rushing 3 with Sam Hubbard being a spy. The week before the Bucs game, I am actually glad that Shaq Barrett of the Bucs laughed and said the Bucs felt like their OL had not changed (their OL generated little push against the Colts' DL and blocked like crap) and that the Bucs would have a coming out party with sacks. Andy Reid challenged the OL and they came out swinging rushing over 180 yards against the Bucs' DL. 

If the Chiefs had done that for Mahomes last year vs the Bengals, they would have been in the SB. If they do that consistently, it is mighty hard to beat them. Look at what the Ravens did against the Bengals last night, same formula by going hard at the guy they used as the spy for Lamar, Sam Hubbard and run at the Bengals. Bengals are built for pass defense, so you wear them out by running well against them. However, on the other side, you need zone defense to limit the Bengals' passing attack and it is a mistake to play too much man coverage against them, something Spags does too much against the Bengals to get repeatedly burned against Chase (like Pagano deja vu for single coverage vs Antonio Brown). 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Trust me, IF we lose to the Titans, the Colts vs Patriots and Colts vs Raiders games will decide a wild card berth, just like last year.

I would like to think we’d beat the Pats, but won’t since we play up there.  Seems we virtually never play them in Indy.  We have a chance at home, but the odds of winning there is worse than in Jax.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

It still wouldn't have if their O-line was challenged and blocked the heck out for CEH and their RBs to punish the Bengals for dropping 7 and rushing 3 with Sam Hubbard being a spy. The week before the Bucs game, I am actually glad that Shaq Barrett of the Bucs laughed and said the Bucs felt like their OL had not changed (their OL generated little push against the Colts' DL and blocked like crap) and that the Bucs would have a coming out party with sacks. Andy Reid challenged the OL and they came out swinging rushing over 180 yards against the Bucs' DL. 

If the Chiefs had done that for Mahomes last year vs the Bengals, they would have been in the SB. If they do that consistently, it is mighty hard to beat them. Look at what the Ravens did against the Bengals last night, same formula by going hard at the guy they used as the spy for Lamar, Sam Hubbard and run at the Bengals. Bengals are built for pass defense, so you wear them out by running well against them. However, on the other side, you need zone defense to limit the Bengals' passing attack and it is a mistake to play too much man coverage against them, something Spags does too much against the Bengals to get repeatedly burned against Chase (like Pagano deja vu for single coverage vs Antonio Brown). 

I agree completely. Also I had no idea why Pagano left Antonio Brown in 1v1 coverage. Led to Big Ben 500 yard 5 TD game 

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

That’s a terrible call

Seemed shaky in real time, but the replay made it even worse! On the closed caption it looked like one of the announcers said, "what is the guy supposed to do, disappear?" This stuff with the QBs is completely out of hand.

I watched the second half of the game, number 66 for the Raiders appears to be a worse offensive lineman than Pryor. That guy blatantly grabbed and held every KC pass rusher that ran right by him. And NEVER got flagged even one time. Ridiculous. But, thankfully for the Chiefs, Mcsuckles is the coach of the raiders. Had Mcsuckles been hired by Ballard in 2018 both would be gone by now. Ballard has to know he dodged a bullet there!

35 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I watched the second half of the game, number 66 for the Raiders appears to be a worse offensive lineman than Pryor. That guy blatantly grabbed and held every KC pass rusher that ran right by him. And NEVER got flagged even one time. Ridiculous. But, thankfully for the Chiefs, Mcsuckles is the coach of the raiders. Had Mcsuckles been hired by Ballard in 2018 both would be gone by now. Ballard has to know he dodged a bullet there!

Lol not that Reich is any better

Archived