Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 5 View Party - General NFL, plus CFB

EastStreet

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think Washington has way more weapons than the Colts did last year.

Scary Terry

Dotson

Samuel

Brown

Gibson

McKissic

Robinson

And a pretty good defense

Vs

Pittman

Taylor

Hines

Guess I will add:

Doyle

Pascal

I was thinking Commanders should of been borderline playoff team this year, prior to the season. Weak schedule prior to season, seems to of strengthened up a little bit.

Think they expected to be way better than this at this point.

Maybe you're right. I don't think highly of the Washington team. Maybe I should watch them. McLaurin is good and I read he is not doing well this year 

But despite the lack of weapons last year, Wentz did pretty well. He had 27 TDs and 7 INTs and more than 3500 yards. He is not great but okay. He will never never be Manning or Luck. Cousins is slightly better.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe you're right. I don't think highly of the Washington team. Maybe I should watch them. McLaurin is good and I read he is not doing well this year 

But despite the lack of weapons last year, Wentz did pretty well. He had 27 TDs and 7 INTs and more than 3500 yards. He is not great but okay. He will never never be Manning or Luck. Cousins is slightly better.

I'm not to up on them, really. I just thought they had an easy schedule going into the year with a lot of winnable games. As the season is playing out their schedule is maybe starting to look a little tougher and the bad start doesn't help.

I was hoping that would be the case, to increase our chance of getting a 2nd round pick.

That looks like it won't be happening more and more as the season plays out. Good news is if its the 3rd it should be in top 10 of round, because they will have benched Wentz for rookie. 

54 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What has happened to Stafford? 

I think their offense is not balanced. Not much running game, and other receivers haven't done well so Staff is in tough spot often. Their schedule is also tougher this year. 

For some reason, they're trying to make Akers their #1RB, when he only gets around 2 yards per carry. Last year, Henderson was the RB and he complemented the passing game well and gave Stafford a lot of margin for error. Henderson also was great as a receiver. 

This season, Rams are actively and arrogantly trying to ignore Henderson, and there's no running game. Stafford ends up turning the ball over often and looking for Kupp all the time. Lack of chemistry with other receivers, and absence of Van Jefferson and OBJ to take away some defenders off Kupp also hurts this season. 

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone would take the 27/7 ratio but the problem with the 7 was he had them at the worst times that cost us games. Just like today, he throws an INT at the goaline with a gifted 1st and goal from the 2. This is why stats aren't always the best way to measure a player, like @Goatface Killahpointed out, PFF is MEH because they rank certain players as bad when they are not. What kind of system would have Devin White rated bad? Dude is an elite LB, anyone that knows football can see that. Their system is flawed. I trust my naked eye over PFF any day. 

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

WA oline is really bad which I think is hurting them a ton. You would think with Carson’s mobility it would help some but doesn’t seem to be.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He is doing just enough to not screw it ip and letting Dallas defense do the rest. McCarthy Iis doing a good job. A few teams are playing well even with backups including NE.

Yeah I seen the Pats won today, I can't figure out the Lions. Right when I want to say the Lions are improving, they lay a huge egg. 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Anyone would take the 27/7 ratio but the problem with the 7 was he had them at the worst times that cost us games. Just like today, he throws an INT at the goaline with a gifted 1st and goal from the 2. This is why stats aren't always the best way to measure a player, like @Goatface Killahpointed out, PFF is MEH because they rank certain players as bad when they are not. What kind of system would have Devin White rated bad? Dude is an elite LB, anyone that knows football can see that. Their system is flawed. I trust my naked eye over PFF any day. 

I agree 100% that stats don't say everything. I mention that all the time with Kirk Cousins. One has to watch the games to see how players play. No one would compare Daniel Jones to Aaron Rodgers but this year, he is doing everything necessary to win games. He won't score FF points but he will win games. 

I did not see Wentz too much last year nor have I seen much of him this year. I did see him in Philly before his injury. I liked what I saw. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me = I want Jimmy or Matt, most in here Jimmy sucks, said Matt isn't better than Wentz The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- the smart posters agreed with me though. Jimmy G just wins, it is so clear as the blue sky we have in Indy.

Still smokin? It is not good for your health. :P

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree 100% that stats don't say everything. I mention that all the time with Kirk Cousins. One has to watch the games to see how players play. No one would compare Daniel Jones to Aaron Rodgers but this year, he is doing everything necessary to win games. He won't score FF points but he will win games. 

I did not see Wentz too much last year nor have I seen much of him this year. I did see him in Philly before his injury. I liked what I saw. 

Wentz in 2017 was great, once he got injured, that hurt him badly. Just by watching him I can tell. I like Wentz, I just think mentally he has checked out because once he got injured everything changed. He was close to Andrew Luck level before he got injured in 2017, since then he has been shaky. I defended him last year at times, hoping he would come through and then the last 2 games happened. He was gifted a huge chance last year just like today and he just failed miserably. Some people act like I think Matt Ryan walks on water, I don't but he Matt is clearly more clutch and to his defense our O.Line has been bad. much worse than last year. Matt's fumbling has drove me nuts, so I know he has under performed. Having said that we are 2-2-1, not 1-4. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Still smokin? It is not good for your health. :P

A good cigar now and then is real healthy Bored Cabin Fever GIF

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He sucks, dude had 1st and goal at the 2 and can't even win. No Bahaha at all, why do you think we got rid of him?

I’m laughing at colts fans once again pending hopes of the colts on Wentz, even though he wears a different uniform 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

After the Bengals Ravens game tonight colts will have a better record then one of those teams. Someone should do a playoff thing and list the 7 teams. Very early but would be interesting to see.

Had Tennessee lost today we would be 1st in the South but no big deal because I would feel better about beating them straight up to prove we are better. I hate relying on other teams. I can't wait to play them again.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vikings only loss is to the Eagles but if the Vikings got them in Minnesota I think that would be even Happy GIF

We played very well against the Packers in the opener -- well played in every facet. We have not played that well since then. I expected us to blow out the Bears but we did not. We looked really bad against the Eagles. The Pats shut out the Lions that we nearly lost to. We almost lost to the Saints last week. 

If we can play like we played in the opener I would feel better.

Btw, my Mets are losing. 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Many on here were hoping Wentz could beat the Titans today. If he had. The Colts would be in first place in the division

Oh I misunderstood. I assumed you meant the fans wanted Wentz back with the Colts.

So, disregard. Thanks for clarifying that.

Archived