Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/20

sb41champs

neither are really surprises to me. Brackett and Clark are older and all of them are injury prone so they will get signed but after draft, before training camp. Curtis Painter did sign with the Ravens but only because of one reason: Jim Caldwell is the new QB coach there. apparently he see something in him as a quality backup that no other person on earth sees

Im going to go with number 2. Already knew those guys were injury prone and weren't exactly in the best situation to sign with another team.

But for Painter to go 0-8 and heck could have gone 0-16 maybe and still get a job is impressive. I dont think he will make it out of camp but im quietly rooting for him.

Which of the following is the bigger surprize to you:

1. NONE of the following have drawn ANY interest on the free agent market: TE Dallas Clark - RB Joseph Addai - LB Gary Brackett

- OR -

2. QB Curtis Painter signed a contract for 2012 ??

You have to present both issues , that's when the strangeness is a its peak. Its still early in the off season though.

We'll Addai has drawn interest from the Pats.

Yeah, I can see him filling that Kevin Faulk spot. I wish him the best. Clark and Brackett probably are still injury concerns, but if they're healthy later in the year they'll get picked up.

Apparently Painter can chart plays on a clipboard better than Boller.

Yeah, I can see him filling that Kevin Faulk spot. I wish him the best. Clark and Brackett probably are still injury concerns, but if they're healthy later in the year they'll get picked up.

Painter just couldn't replace an elite QB. I would go to say no other QB could run Peyton's offense. That is why no one else does it. Luckily for Painter he doesn't have to worry about replacing elite in Baltimore.

Or the ravens were looking for an excuse not to bring boller back

haha, easy for me. #2. All I can figure is Caldwell must like and see something we didn't see on the field last season...or maybe he (Caldwell) realizes he slightly messed up Painter by trying to make him run Peyton's offense the way Peyton ran it (which no one can do)...either way it still surprises me Painter got picked up...but then again, the real kicker is if he makes the final squad...

As much as I love our guys (Clark, Brackett, Addai) it doesn't surprise me they are still out there for a couple reasons: 1) they're all older, injury prone players, and 2) it's still relatively early on yet, so there's a possibility they get picked up later (with Addai having the best chance IMO).

I guess it is number 2. Even though Painter has seemed professional and a good guy he is a running joke on the NFL Network ALL THE TIME. If it wasn't for Caldwell he wouldn't have a job I can promise you that.

The other guys have been hurt so until they get healthy I didn't figure them finding a new team. Things have slowed down as teams focus on the draft and once the second round of cuts happen they may not find a team.

haha, easy for me. #2. All I can figure is Caldwell must like and see something we didn't see on the field last season...or maybe he (Caldwell) realizes he slightly messed up Painter by trying to make him run Peyton's offense the way Peyton ran it (which no one can do)...either way it still surprises me Painter got picked up...but then again, the real kicker is if he makes the final squad...

As much as I love our guys (Clark, Brackett, Addai) it doesn't surprise me they are still out there for a couple reasons: 1) they're all older, injury prone players, and 2) it's still relatively early on yet, so there's a possibility they get picked up later (with Addai having the best chance IMO).

I totally agree with you. I could not say it better myself! I can't believe Painter got signed, I was just like why? haha.

In "my humble opinion" - the answer has to be #2 !!

While most of the players in the first part of the question are older - and - will have to take "role player" status at this point in their careers - Painter simply couldn't pull off being the "field general" !! Personally - I did NOT expect him to be able to run the Colts offense as well as Peyton - I just expected him to be a competent injury replacement !! He wasn't ......