Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts Roster 

EastStreet

18 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The defense comes down to the LINE IMO.  They need to dominate.  Gilmore is a definite upgrade, I am not sold on the other secondary additions yet.  I am still concerned with us getting beat over the top and in the alleys in a predominant C3 scheme.

We will definitely be more fun to watch though.  Should be some hard, aggressive hitting.  We have to limit the big running plays with our safeties in the 1 gapping.  The DLINE is the key with all the investment.  IF they don't improve in the pass rushing significantly, it's going to be pretty rough.  

Looking forward to the season. 

The safeties were horrible last year, in terms of on the field play that you would expect to see from the names on paper.  Cross is an upgrade immediately even though he will make rookie mistakes.  And Blackmon makes the tandem better no matter where he plays.  

The Corners look good on paper and neither Gilmore, Rogers, or Facyson are rookies.  We had two young players in Rock and Rogers last year.

Dayo will matter, and Paye will do his near-sack Sheard impressions.  Shedding AQM and replacing with Ngouke along the line will help.

I don't know about the defensive coaching, but the defense is much better on paper than last year, IMO.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

Yeah I have no clue what they see in Murray. There is much better out there

6’9”, 325 and you don’t know what we see in Murray?  

It doesn’t matter what he is today.   He’ll be better tomorrow.    And he’ll still be 6’9” 325.    He’s on the PS, not the 53.    We hope to develop him……

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

6’9”, 325 and you don’t know what we see in Murray?  

It doesn’t matter what he is today.   He’ll be better tomorrow.    And he’ll still be 6’9” 325.    He’s on the PS, not the 53.    We hope to develop him……

I get that and I’m happy to eat crow if he even becomes a serviceable backup. Just with our OL depth right now, I would have preferred someone even slightly more seasoned.

13 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

I get that and I’m happy to eat crow if he even becomes a serviceable backup. Just with our OL depth right now, I would have preferred someone even slightly more seasoned.

Slightly more seasoned will likely get that player on the 53.   Murray is just a practice squad.    Honestly, while I hope he turns into something someday, I’m not expecting it.   I suspect his ceiling might be as a decent backup.   But he’s got physical tools that you can’t teach or improve upon so I hope it leads to something. 

Looked up some of the writers’ final roster predictions for the Bills to see if I could get a bead on this Tunuta guy.  Those that mentioned him said that he really struggled in camp and in PS games.  One cryptic comment said that the team “really wanted Tunuta to work out, so they gave him extensive looks in the PS.”  Another noted that it’s rare for drafted Bills to be cut.  Everyone seemed to think he’d end up on the PS…

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

The safeties were horrible last year, in terms of on the field play that you would expect to see from the names on paper.  Cross is an upgrade immediately even though he will make rookie mistakes.  And Blackmon makes the tandem better no matter where he plays.  

The Corners look good on paper and neither Gilmore, Rogers, or Facyson are rookies.  We had two young players in Rock and Rogers last year.

Dayo will matter, and Paye will do his near-sack Sheard impressions.  Shedding AQM and replacing with Ngouke along the line will help.

I don't know about the defensive coaching, but the defense is much better on paper than last year, IMO.

Blackmon graded out low v. the deep balls, so him being out of the line up probably didn't hurt us there.  In a C3 scheme he is going to be responsible for a lot more area out there, so whether we are better there is a question mark in my mind.  He is definitely better coming down in support and breaking on balls in front than we had last year. 

Gilmore is a stud. 

No doubt Facyson is not a rookie, but he has been playing at a replaceable level, so I am not sure we have gotten better there from what we had last year either.  Probably more of a push for him if anything. 

I hope Ngaukoue helps overall.  We should get more rush on occasion out of him, but his run play is as bad as it gets, and we are going to be playing a riskier type of line scheme, so we will see how she works out.

I have a lot more faith in a year older Paye and a year older Dayo making the line better overall than Yannick.  We needed Yannick, but man he's small. 

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

That sucketh

My gut...... (Which chooses Pizza and Whiskey a bit too much) Thinks that in 2 years Sterling is a starter at LB

I hoped it was for us

I agree as well. One of my personal favorites this preseason. Thought he showed great range.

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

In a C3 scheme he is going to be responsible for a lot more area out there, so whether we are better there is a question mark in my mind.

Who played that spot last year?  Cross will cover more meaningful ground by week 5 than any of those guys.  JMO.

Edit: Or even Blackmon if he switches to full time centerfielder.

Archived