Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes was lol

2006Coltsbestever

This may be the dumbest thing said by any player all year, then again we still have Antonio Brown and 6 months to go. Mahomes is a top 15 QB of all-time, Tua isn't even top 100. I just started this thread because it shows people how ridiculous things are said by guys that even play the game. Hill is just practicing with Tua lmao . Miami won't even make the playoffs. Hill got a ring because of Mahomes who is even top 10 arguably all-time already, I say top 15 as it is too early to put him in the top 10. Hill isn't top 10 anything all-time, I can name 30 WR's all-time that have been better than him. Hill is great but needs to stay in his lane as Hall of very good, not Hall of Fame. Marvin and Reggie both were better than he is, we had 2 on the same team that were better The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I wouldn't be so dismissive of the claim.  Mahomes's success stems from him extending the play and then finding a receiver that eluded the defense and settled into an open spot.  Mahomes success hasn't been built on accuracy, like throwing into tight windows at the correct moment in a route.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This may be the dumbest thing said by any player all year, then again we still have Antonio Brown and 6 months to go. Mahomes is a top 15 QB of all-time, Tua isn't even top 100. I just started this thread because it shows people how ridiculous things are said by guys that even play the game. Hill is just practicing with Tua lmao . Miami won't even make the playoffs. Hill got a ring because of Mahomes who is even top 10 arguably all-time already, I say top 15 as it is too early to put him in the top 10. Hill isn't top 10 anything all-time, I can name 30 WR's all-time that have been better than him. Hill is great but needs to stay in his lane as Hall of very good, not Hall of Fame. Marvin and Reggie both were better than he is, we had 2 on the same team that were better The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I wouldn't put Mahomes anywhere near the top 15.   He has a lot of work to do first. 

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't put Mahomes anywhere near the top 15.   He has a lot of work to do first. 

He is top 15 Imo. He doesn't have the longevity to be top 10 yet but because of what he has accomplished already, I have him top 15. A SB win, 4 AFC Title game apps, 2 SB apps, A League MVP, a SB MVP, he also had a season where he threw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs. By my eye test he is top 15. Top 10 and 15 is a bigger difference than most think though. I will agree to be in the top 10, he needs at least 3 or 4 more great seasons and probably win another SB. My top 10 currently is - Brady, Montana, Peyton, Unitas, Elway, Rodgers, Graham, Brees, Favre, and Marino. After that it gets dicey. Bradshaw won 4 SBs, Staubach was great, Steve Young was great too, Aikman won 3 Sbs, Starr is underrated. You also have Sammy Baugh from way back. Marino makes my top 10 based on eye test and stats more than anything. He won a League MVP as well. Matt Ryan made my top 25 for craps and giggles.

I think this is just Hill trying to justify himself leaving KC for Miami.   Not any truth behind it.   Just Hill sitting back and looking at what he did.  Left a Super Bowl contender for a team probably not even making the playoffs.  A move made for financial reasons only.  

On 6/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, Myles said:

I think this is just Hill trying to justify himself leaving KC for Miami.   Not any truth behind it.   Just Hill sitting back and looking at what he did.  Left a Super Bowl contender for a team probably not even making the playoffs.  A move made for financial reasons only.  

Agree. Yep, all the TDs Mahomes hit him in stride "accurately" to take it to the house apparently got overlooked because of him extending plays and hitting him as well. While Mahomes has ways to go to trust his run game (or maybe it is an Andy Reid thing) and take what the D gives him to be a complete QB to scale close to the likes of Brady, Rodgers etc. that are active, you have to evaluate the whole picture to evaluate Mahomes. Winning a SB in year 2 of starting in this league can be a blessing and curse, IMO.

Once he plays 10 years in the league, his place in league history can be debated, IMO, but until then, too early because he will face the same challenges this year that forced the Chiefs to a 4-4 start last year with teams figuring him out a bit and forcing him to do things differently. 

43 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Agree. Yep, all the TDs Mahomes hit him in stride "accurately" to take it to the house apparently got overlooked because of him extending plays and hitting him as well. While Mahomes has ways to go to trust his run game (or maybe it is an Andy Reid thing) and take what the D gives him to be a complete QB to scale close to the likes of Brady, Rodgers etc. that are active, you have to evaluate the whole picture to evaluate Mahomes. Winning a SB in year 2 of starting in this league can be a blessing and curse, IMO.

Once he plays 10 years in the league, his place in league history can be debated, IMO, but until then, too early because he will face the same challenges this year that forced the Chiefs to a 4-4 start last year with teams figuring him out a bit and forcing him to do things differently. 

I agree.  That said, Mahomes would be on the very short list of QB's I would choose to have on my team going forward.  

On 6/14/2022 at 6:12 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is top 15 Imo. 

Not top 15 all time.  There's way too many better players than him all time. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Favre 

Unitas

Young

Montana

Mareno

Elway

Warner

Aikman

Moon

Staubach

Kelly

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Not top 15 all time.  There's way too many better players than him all time. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Favre 

Unitas

Young

Montana

Mareno

Elway

Warner

Aikman

Moon

Staubach

Kelly

Good list. It just gets dicey after 10. Almost every one's top 10 is the same but just in different orders. I could make a long case for Mahomes being top 15 already as I sort of did above. I have Kelly and Warner in my top 20 but I think Mahomes is better than both even with the longevity factor.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:14 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good list. It just gets dicey after 10. Almost every one's top 10 is the same but just in different orders. I could make a long case for Mahomes being top 15 already as I sort of did above. I have Kelly and Warner in my top 20 but I think Mahomes is better than both even with the longevity factor.

I never thought Kelly was that great.   He was a good leader and I admire him lots, but I never thought he was top 5 when he played.   Of course this is opinion.  

Hill also said the Chiefs didnt use him enough last year and he had a career high in targets and receptions. I believe he said this on his new podcast.  Its a combination of needing content(its working) and also supporting your teammate. Imagine if he would have said Mahomes was way better than Tua, Im here for the nice weather and bags of cash. 

Its a not a big deal to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Both Hill and Adams left top tier qbs and superbowl contending teams to get massive contracts and play with mediocrity. Both are going to talk up their new teams and qbs but we all know the money was the most important thing and they will likely fall into irrelevance now 

For the record, Tua and Mahomes have almost the exact same completion percentage.

But take a poll...fans, coaches, whatever...and ask "who would you take as your QB?" Does anyone seriously think there's any question over who would win? 

My top 15 would be: Based on eye test (except Graham, Starr, and Unitas as I was too young to watch them live but I have seen film on them), stats, MVP's, over all win shares, longevity, talent, and clutchness, etc..

1. Tom Brady - eventhough I feel weary putting him here because there have been a couple of cheating scandals. 7 SB wins, 5 SB MVP's, 3 League MVP's, and his stats are among the best ever. His longevity is so impressive as well. He didn't cheat when the Bucs won it all in 2020, so there is that.

2. Joe Montana - 4 SB wins, 3 SB MVP's, 2 League MVP's. He had 0 INT's in 4 SB games, that is unbelievable. 

3. Peyton Manning - 2 SB wins, 1 SB MVP,  5 League MVP's - most ever by any NFL player in history. He holds the record for most Yards (5477) and TD's (55) in 1 season = 2013. He was 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Title Games. I would put him in my top 3 all day. He is Mr. 12 wins a year.

4. Johnny Unitas - 1 SB win (1970) as an older starter but 2 NFL Championships in 1958 and 1959. He put up great stats for a QB that played in the 50's and 60's. He actually won a League MVP in the SB era (1967).

5. John Elway - Could do it all. Run, had a cannon for an arm. Once he got a running game in 1997 it wasn't fair. Won SB's in 1997 and 1998. Won League MVP in 1987. Stats wise not too shabby either = 50,000 yards passing and 300 TD's.

6. Aaron Rodgers - 1 SB win, 1 SB MVP, 4 League MVP's. He wins 12 or 13 games every year it seems in his sleep lmao 

7. Otto Graham - In his era, he dominated. Won several Championships. He belongs here at worse. I know how great he was but I just feel the other 6 QB's were better.

8. Drew Brees - Stats king, 1 SB win, he would be higher but no League MVP's.

9. Brett Favre - 1 SB win, he is the only NFL player to win 3 straight League MVP's in a row = 1995-1997. He put up huge numbers as well and was an iron man. He would be higher on this list but his total INT's has him here. He is still top 10 and fun to watch.

10. Dan Marino - the only QB I have in my top 10 that didn't win a SB/Championship. By eye test and talent alone he was top 10. He lost to Montana in his only SB appearance (1984), won the League MVP that season in 1984. He set records with TD passes and yards in 1984 that were video game numbers. He never had a defense or run game in his entire career.

11. Terry Bradshaw - He helped the Steelers to 4 SB wins, his stats weren't elite but he did win 1 League MVP, unlike lets say a Ben Roethlisberger who never won a League MVP. He had a stacked team but 4 is 4.

12. Steve Young - As a starter won 1 SB, had it not been for the Cowboys he probably wins 3. He won 2 League MVP's, Aikman never won an League MVP.

13. Roger Staubach - I think he was better than Aikman by the eye test who was also a Cowboys QB. He did win 2 SB's and went to 4 like Peyton as a starter. He was like Steve Young, he could run and scramble really well.

14. Troy Aikman - He helped the Cowboys win 3 SB's. Like Bradshaw on stacked teams but in big games his accuracy was spot on. IMO Emmitt Smith was the best player on his teams but without Troy they don't win 3 SB's either.

15. Patrick Mahomes - as a starter, has made 4 straight AFC Championships games, has won a SB and been too 2. He has won a League MVP, SB MVP, and has had a season where he threw for 5000 yards and 50 TD's = 2018. He is the best QB over the last 4 seasons easily and going into 2022 I have him #1. Even without Hill, they will still win the AFC West IMO. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Omissions, people will say where in the hell is Sammy Baugh? Sammy is top 20 = great QB, here is the deal with Sammy. He was known as a top 20 football player of all-time because of his defense and punting ability along with his QB play, just not for his QB play. Was he a great QB, hell yes but not better than my top 15. Overall player he is arguably top 10 because of his defensive play and Punting ability's. 

Where is Bart Starr? I say Top 20. He wasn't better than Mahomes though IMO.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My top 15 would be: Based on eye test (except Graham, Starr, and Unitas as I was too young to watch them live but I have seen film on them), stats, MVP's, over all win shares, longevity, talent, and clutchness, etc..

1. Tom Brady - eventhough I feel weary putting him here because there have been a couple of cheating scandals. 7 SB wins, 5 SB MVP's, 3 League MVP's, and his stats are among the best ever. His longevity is so impressive as well. He didn't cheat when the Bucs won it all in 2020, so there is that.

2. Joe Montana - 4 SB wins, 3 SB MVP's, 2 League MVP's. He had 0 INT's in 4 SB games, that is unbelievable. 

3. Peyton Manning - 2 SB wins, 1 SB MVP,  5 League MVP's - most ever by any NFL player in history. He holds the record for most Yards (5477) and TD's (55) in 1 season = 2013. He was 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Title Games. I would put him in my top 3 all day. He is Mr. 12 wins a year.

4. Johnny Unitas - 1 SB win (1970) as an older starter but 2 NFL Championships in 1958 and 1959. He put up great stats for a QB that played in the 50's and 60's. He actually won a League MVP in the SB era (1967).

5. John Elway - Could do it all. Run, had a cannon for an arm. Once he got a running game in 1997 it wasn't fair. Won SB's in 1997 and 1998. Won League MVP in 1987. Stats wise not too shabby either = 50,000 yards passing and 300 TD's.

6. Aaron Rodgers - 1 SB win, 1 SB MVP, 4 League MVP's. He wins 12 or 13 games every year it seems in his sleep lmao 

7. Otto Graham - In his era, he dominated. Won several Championships. He belongs here at worse. I know how great he was but I just feel the other 6 QB's were better.

9. Brett Favre - 1 SB win, he is the only NFL player to win 3 straight League MVP's in a row = 1995-1997. He put up huge numbers as well and was an iron man. He would be higher on this list but his total INT's has him here. He is still top 10 and fun to watch.

10. Dan Marino - the only QB I have in my top 10 that didn't win a SB/Championship. By eye test and talent alone he was top 10. He lost to Montana in his only SB appearance (1984), won the League MVP that season in 1984. He set records with TD passes and yards in 1984 that were video game numbers. He never had a defense or run game in his entire career.

11. Terry Bradshaw - He helped the Steelers to 4 SB wins, his stats weren't elite but he did win 1 League MVP, unlike lets say a Ben Roethlisberger who never won a League MVP. He had a stacked team but 4 is 4.

12. Steve Young - As a starter won 1 SB, had it not been for the Cowboys he probably wins 3. He won 2 League MVP's, Aikman never won an League MVP.

13. Roger Staubach - I think he was better than Aikman by the eye test who was also a Cowboys QB. He did win 2 SB's and went to 4 like Peyton as a starter. He was like Steve Young, he could run and scramble really well.

14. Troy Aikman - He helped the Cowboys win 3 SB's. Like Bradshaw on stacked teams but in big games his accuracy was spot on. IMO Emmitt Smith was the best player on his teams but without Troy they don't win 3 SB's either.

15. Patrick Mahomes - as a starter, has made 4 straight AFC Championships games, has won a SB and been too 2. He has won a League MVP, SB MVP, and has had a season where he threw for 5000 yards and 50 TD's = 2018. He is the best QB over the last 4 seasons easily and going into 2022 I have him #1. Even without Hill, they will still win the AFC West IMO. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Omissions, people will say where in the hell is Sammy Baugh? Sammy is top 20 = great QB, here is the deal with Sammy. He was known as a top 20 football player of all-time because of his defense and punting ability along with his QB play, just not for his QB play. Was he a great QB, hell yes but not better than my top 15. Overall player he is arguably top 10 because of his defensive play and Punting ability's. 

Just talked to a friend of mine, he loves my list but thinks Starr should be top 15. I would put him at 16, Baugh at 17, Big Ben at 18, Warner at 19, and Jim Kelly at #20. Fran Tarkenton and Russell Wilson are on the cusp and Philip Rivers and our Matt Ryan is Top 25.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just talked to a friend of mine, he loves my list but thinks Starr should be top 15. I would put him at 16, Baugh at 17, Big Ben at 18, Warner at 19, and Jim Kelly at #20. Fran Tarkenton and Russell Wilson are on the cusp and Philip Rivers and our Matt Ryan is Top 25.

Should have talked to another friend who says that Warren Moon Should be in the top 15. 

On 7/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Four2itus, regarding Warren Moon, he was great and a Hall of Famer. Great stats as well. He was was pretty bad in the playoffs though and he had some great offenses. He would make my top 25. Another QB I didn't mention either was Eli. Great stats and his teams beat the Pats twice = he was a 2 time SB winner (the undefeated Pats in 2007 which was an NFL history changer).

I will stick with my top 15 and say 16-25 were:

16. Bart Starr

17. Sammy Baugh

18. Big Ben

19. Kurt Warner

20. Jim Kelly

21. Russell Wilson

22. Philip Rivers

23. Fran Tarkenton

24. Matt Ryan

25. Warren Moon - he does make my top 25, good call.

-Eli Manning gets an honorable mention as does Matt Stafford. Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan are pretty even. Stafford won a SB last season but was on a loaded team and they easily could've lost to Jimmy G and the 49ers. 

A good question is, does Joe Namath belong in the top 25 or top 30? He really only had 1 great playoff run = 1968, his stats were MEH, but when the Jets beat the Colts in SB 3 it was a history changer. Same for Bob Griese with the Dolphins in 1972. Griese was injured most of the year but was the starter for the Dolphins in the playoffs leading them to a 17-0 SB win. = History changer. Hell, Jim Plunkett even won 2 SB's as a starter with the Raiders lmao .

Archived