Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes was lol


Recommended Posts

This may be the dumbest thing said by any player all year, then again we still have Antonio Brown and 6 months to go. Mahomes is a top 15 QB of all-time, Tua isn't even top 100. I just started this thread because it shows people how ridiculous things are said by guys that even play the game. Hill is just practicing with Tua lmao . Miami won't even make the playoffs. Hill got a ring because of Mahomes who is even top 10 arguably all-time already, I say top 15 as it is too early to put him in the top 10. Hill isn't top 10 anything all-time, I can name 30 WR's all-time that have been better than him. Hill is great but needs to stay in his lane as Hall of very good, not Hall of Fame. Marvin and Reggie both were better than he is, we had 2 on the same team that were better The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be so dismissive of the claim.  Mahomes's success stems from him extending the play and then finding a receiver that eluded the defense and settled into an open spot.  Mahomes success hasn't been built on accuracy, like throwing into tight windows at the correct moment in a route.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This may be the dumbest thing said by any player all year, then again we still have Antonio Brown and 6 months to go. Mahomes is a top 15 QB of all-time, Tua isn't even top 100. I just started this thread because it shows people how ridiculous things are said by guys that even play the game. Hill is just practicing with Tua lmao . Miami won't even make the playoffs. Hill got a ring because of Mahomes who is even top 10 arguably all-time already, I say top 15 as it is too early to put him in the top 10. Hill isn't top 10 anything all-time, I can name 30 WR's all-time that have been better than him. Hill is great but needs to stay in his lane as Hall of very good, not Hall of Fame. Marvin and Reggie both were better than he is, we had 2 on the same team that were better The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I wouldn't put Mahomes anywhere near the top 15.   He has a lot of work to do first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't put Mahomes anywhere near the top 15.   He has a lot of work to do first. 

He is top 15 Imo. He doesn't have the longevity to be top 10 yet but because of what he has accomplished already, I have him top 15. A SB win, 4 AFC Title game apps, 2 SB apps, A League MVP, a SB MVP, he also had a season where he threw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs. By my eye test he is top 15. Top 10 and 15 is a bigger difference than most think though. I will agree to be in the top 10, he needs at least 3 or 4 more great seasons and probably win another SB. My top 10 currently is - Brady, Montana, Peyton, Unitas, Elway, Rodgers, Graham, Brees, Favre, and Marino. After that it gets dicey. Bradshaw won 4 SBs, Staubach was great, Steve Young was great too, Aikman won 3 Sbs, Starr is underrated. You also have Sammy Baugh from way back. Marino makes my top 10 based on eye test and stats more than anything. He won a League MVP as well. Matt Ryan made my top 25 for craps and giggles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is just Hill trying to justify himself leaving KC for Miami.   Not any truth behind it.   Just Hill sitting back and looking at what he did.  Left a Super Bowl contender for a team probably not even making the playoffs.  A move made for financial reasons only.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, Myles said:

I think this is just Hill trying to justify himself leaving KC for Miami.   Not any truth behind it.   Just Hill sitting back and looking at what he did.  Left a Super Bowl contender for a team probably not even making the playoffs.  A move made for financial reasons only.  

 

Agree. Yep, all the TDs Mahomes hit him in stride "accurately" to take it to the house apparently got overlooked because of him extending plays and hitting him as well. While Mahomes has ways to go to trust his run game (or maybe it is an Andy Reid thing) and take what the D gives him to be a complete QB to scale close to the likes of Brady, Rodgers etc. that are active, you have to evaluate the whole picture to evaluate Mahomes. Winning a SB in year 2 of starting in this league can be a blessing and curse, IMO.

 

Once he plays 10 years in the league, his place in league history can be debated, IMO, but until then, too early because he will face the same challenges this year that forced the Chiefs to a 4-4 start last year with teams figuring him out a bit and forcing him to do things differently. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Agree. Yep, all the TDs Mahomes hit him in stride "accurately" to take it to the house apparently got overlooked because of him extending plays and hitting him as well. While Mahomes has ways to go to trust his run game (or maybe it is an Andy Reid thing) and take what the D gives him to be a complete QB to scale close to the likes of Brady, Rodgers etc. that are active, you have to evaluate the whole picture to evaluate Mahomes. Winning a SB in year 2 of starting in this league can be a blessing and curse, IMO.

 

Once he plays 10 years in the league, his place in league history can be debated, IMO, but until then, too early because he will face the same challenges this year that forced the Chiefs to a 4-4 start last year with teams figuring him out a bit and forcing him to do things differently. 

I agree.  That said, Mahomes would be on the very short list of QB's I would choose to have on my team going forward.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 6:12 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is top 15 Imo. 

Not top 15 all time.  There's way too many better players than him all time. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Favre 

Unitas

Young

Montana

Mareno

Elway

Warner

Aikman

Moon

Staubach

Kelly

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Not top 15 all time.  There's way too many better players than him all time. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Favre 

Unitas

Young

Montana

Mareno

Elway

Warner

Aikman

Moon

Staubach

Kelly

 

Good list. It just gets dicey after 10. Almost every one's top 10 is the same but just in different orders. I could make a long case for Mahomes being top 15 already as I sort of did above. I have Kelly and Warner in my top 20 but I think Mahomes is better than both even with the longevity factor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 12:14 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good list. It just gets dicey after 10. Almost every one's top 10 is the same but just in different orders. I could make a long case for Mahomes being top 15 already as I sort of did above. I have Kelly and Warner in my top 20 but I think Mahomes is better than both even with the longevity factor.

I never thought Kelly was that great.   He was a good leader and I admire him lots, but I never thought he was top 5 when he played.   Of course this is opinion.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hill also said the Chiefs didnt use him enough last year and he had a career high in targets and receptions. I believe he said this on his new podcast.  Its a combination of needing content(its working) and also supporting your teammate. Imagine if he would have said Mahomes was way better than Tua, Im here for the nice weather and bags of cash. 
 

Its a not a big deal to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I was very much against our signing Wentz and vowed to turn a blind eye to the Colts last season… I think it lasted maybe 4 weeks lol. Not only did I watch the games, I also watched Hard Knocks.  I learned that I’m all talk, I can’t back it up. I’ll bleed blue forever. Go Colts! 
    • Brooks will need a year or two.  He's got a tweener type frame. He could be a package guy on the interior if we're trying to one gap the OC, but we've got better options. IMO, he'll end up a PS guy. Johnson could end up on the PS too.    Give Brooks a year or two in a good S&C program. If he can put on some weight and add strength, I'd like his chances at depth NT.
    • Agree in general. But a lot of reviews have called out his slender bottom half. I watched some of his film, and he really struggled at times, even with LBs. 
    • Curtis Brooks has the potential to be the steal of the Draft for Colts by Jaleel Grandberry   Sixth-round pick for the Indianapolis Colts, Curtis Brooks, was impressive in his final year in college and could be the steal of the entire Draft. The 2022 draft class for the Indianapolis Colts is highlighted by the impressive offensive selections of day two. The Colts started their draft by selecting Alec Pierce, Jelani Woods, and Bernhard Raimann. While all three were great picks, and necessary, it was a selection that Indianapolis made on day three that could be the steal of the Draft. In the sixth round of the Draft, with the 216th-overall pick, Indy used its second-to-last pick to select defensive tackle Curtis Brooks out of Cincinnati. Brooks wasn’t highly ranked in the class, he was the 17th defensive tackle taken, and the second by the Colts. However, he flashed some things in college that should have fans excited about his ceiling. Curtis Brooks could be promising for Colts Brooks is just 6-foot-2 and 285 pounds but he played with a lot of explosiveness in his five years at Cincinnati. In his final season, Brooks recorded 57 tackles, 12.5 for a loss, and 7.5 sacks. On his tape, he routinely showcases explosiveness, athleticism, and a high motor as he disrupts runs and gets after the quarterback on passing plays. In addition to his film and impressive advanced stats, Brooks recorded 33 reps on the bench press, had 35.5 vertical, a 4.9 40-yard dash, and graded well in all other athletic evaluation tests. Now, Brooks gets to join a loaded Colts defense as he adjusts his tools to the professional level. He’ll be surrounded by stars and will be able to learn from the Pro Bowler, DeForest Buckner, in addition to other Indianapolis veterans. Despite going in the sixth round, it wouldn’t be a shock if Brooks becomes a really good professional player. Between his tape and his numbers, he has a pretty high ceiling. Hopefully, the Colts will help him reach that ceiling   Data on Curtis Brooks (DT, Cincinnati) from PFF Pass Rush Win Rate: 19.3% (best in class) Run Defense Stop Rate: 13.1% (best) Pass Rush grade: 90.4 (best) True Pass Set grade: 92.3 (best) True Pass Set win rate: 37%!! (best) Run Defense grade: 69.9
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...