Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start of OTA

just to add some specifics...

• Rookie minicamp April 28-30.
  • Voluntary OTAs (Organized Team Activities) will be on May 24-26, June 1-3, and June 13-16.
  • Lastly, the Colts will get together for a mandatory minicamp from June 7-9.

The NFL's offseason program is broken up into three phases. Per NFL Communications:

• Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.
  • Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual or group instruction and drills, as well as “perfect play drills,” and drills and plays with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, conducted at a walk through pace. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
  • Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Having tall WR's is a plus but Matt put that right where it needed to be put. Nobody is picking that off lmao 

I feel that Wentz struggled with his accuracy at times last season.

Franks offense demands an extremely accurate passer.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are about to kick some rear and take names. Everyone knows it with the loaded roster we have.

Everyone knows we have a loaded roster? Have you not been reading this message board where people were wanting the heads of our Front Office personnel because they sucked at their jobs?

11 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Everyone knows we have a loaded roster? Have you not been reading this message board where people were wanting the heads of our Front Office personnel because they sucked at their jobs?

Speaking for myself, I was one of those people a few months ago but I've changed my tune. It's obvious there was a meeting of the minds led by Irsay. I'm sure Irsay told Ballard that his previous passive , slow build from the draft , and sign depth only in free agency wasn't cutting it and he needs to be more agressive...or else.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He should go play for another team. Something with him has not sat right with me since he made the pro bowl. Rodgers can play the slot.

And what about that awful ending to the season for him last year? If he wants to be paid like a top CB, then Ballard needs to trade him for something close to a 2nd round pick. 

Leonard is probably still rehabbing the ankle.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

And what about that awful ending to the season for him last year? If he wants to be paid like a top CB, then Ballard needs to trade him for something close to a 2nd round pick. 

Yep. He was downright awful. He was the top paid Nickle when he got that extension. 

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I seem to remember we locked him up and paid him two years before we had to, just to make sure it was a mutually beneficial contract.  Has Kenny forgotten that he should have had two more years of veteran minimum pay??!!

Moore started believing his hype way too much if that's true. He was one of the main reasons (defensively) for those two disastrous games at the end of the season and now he has the gall to demand more money after he just signed his contract last year? Are you serious? If he wants more, how much should Hunter Renfrow who made him look like an amateur get? How much should the Jags' scrubs that put 170 yards against him in coverage get? Get your * to practice and show what you deserve, because that last season wasn't it... 

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I seem to remember we locked him up and paid him two years before we had to, just to make sure it was a mutually beneficial contract.  Has Kenny forgotten that he should have had two more years of veteran minimum pay??!!

Yep. Because he was undrafted he was elgible to be extended after 2 years.

We can easily move Rodgers to the slot.

Archived