Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Not saying Manning was perfect and I'm not getting into the Polian thing. But to the high-lighted, that's just wrong. The entire time Manning was here we had a good defense one year, maybe two at most?

Read my post again.    In the game that ended the season in the playoffs, the reason the Colts lost wasn’t on the defense,  it was because Peyton Manning wasn’t good enough in the playoff game.    

Im not talking seasonal.  I’m talking about the playoff losses that ended the Colts season.   Manning wasn’t good enough, that’s why. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Yes, and, although others disagree, I hold Ballard most accountable for not getting it right since Luck. He should have known this was priority #1 and made it happen. 

You think Ballard doesn’t know how important it is to get the quarterback right?    

Luck retired mid-August of 2019, too late to do anything.   

The decisions to go with Rivers in 20, Wentz in 21,  Ryan in 22 were made NOT by Ballard alone, but also by Irsay.  And they were made because their view was the team was ready to win each year, if they could just get the quarterback right.  So they went with a short term quick fix.   I have to stress, a decision like this is not made by Ballard alone, it’s done with Irsay as well.  

The disastrous 22 season gave the Colts a chance to do a re-set.   I think after this season Ballard has no more than two years  to save his job.  I think Ballard and AR are linked.   If they do, great, but if not, Ballard will get fired.  And I wouldn’t rule out Ballard getting fired even sooner if Irsay has one of his temperamental moments.   I think anything is possible. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Read my post again.    In the game that ended the season in the playoffs, the reason the Colts lost wasn’t on the defense,  it was because Peyton Manning wasn’t good enough in the playoff game.    

Im not talking seasonal.  I’m talking about the playoff losses that ended the Colts season.   Manning wasn’t good enough, that’s why. 

You said:

All those great years with Manning, when the team eventually lost in the playoffs...

The defense wasn't any better in the playoffs than the regular season. The Colts consistently had bottem 3rd defenses when Manning was here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

You said:

The defense wasn't any better in the playoffs than the regular season. The Colts consistently had bottem 3rd defenses when Manning was here.

Again….    When the Colts eventually lost in the playoffs, they typically lost because Peyton played badly, not because the defense played badly.  

Not sure why we’re having such a miscommunication, but we are. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think Ballard doesn’t know how important it is to get the quarterback right?    

The decisions to go with Rivers in 20, Wentz in 21,  Ryan in 22 were made NOT by Ballard alone, but also by Irsay.  And they were made because their view was the team was ready to win each year, if they could just get the quarterback right.  So they went with a short term quick fix.   I have to stress, a decision like this is not made by Ballard alone, it’s done with Irsay as well.  

The disastrous 22 season gave the Colts a chance to do a re-set.   I think after this season Ballard has no more than two years  to save his job.  I think Ballard and AR are linked.   If they do, great, but if not, Ballard will get fired.  And I wouldn’t rule out Ballard getting fired even sooner if Irsay has one of his temperamental moments.   I think anything is possible. 

Ah yes, they were ready to win! Have those division championships and playoff wins under Ballard made it worthwhile to sacrifice the future of the most important position on the field (especially for a small market team, as you point out)? 

If Ballard fully understood the importance of the quarterback position, picking one ready-to-retire QB, one who makes lousy decisions, and one who was totally washed up seems unforgivable, He should have convinced Irsay to go with a different approach. If they weren't going to go with a young QB franchise-type starter because they were in win-now mode, what prevented Ballard from drafting a franchise QB to develop under the veteran starter? Even if he had to trade up to do so? Doing that would be truly recognizing the importance of the quarterback position to the team's long-term success. I know people will blame Irsay and Frank, but GMs are hired to take the lead in personnel decisions and if our GM was not taking the lead - or not able to take the lead - on the most important player personnel decision, I'm not giving him on pass on that. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Again….    When the Colts eventually lost in the playoffs, they typically lost because Peyton played badly, not because the defense played badly.  

Not sure why we’re having such a miscommunication, but we are. 

Because you're missing my point - the Colts defense always played badly save a very few instances. Sure Manning wasn't always at his best in the playoffs, but placing the blame on him and saying we didn't lose (in part) because of our defense was bad is just objectively wrong.

Not sure why you keep denying that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Because you're missing my point - the Colts defense always played badly save a very few instances. Sure Manning wasn't always at his best in the playoffs, but placing the blame on him and saying we didn't lose (in part) because of our defense was bad is just objectively wrong.

Because you’re changing the subject.   

I’ve stated the same thing over and over and you won’t address it.   You change the subject to what you want to talk about.  

At this point, I’m done. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been offline for a few years now. A lot happening in my world. But Ballard’s moves are always my radar. 

Still a lot of football left in ‘23 and the Colts hold their playoff destiny with games against the Steelers and Texans, as well as Bengals/Raiders. My feeling on Ballard is that he was given a second chance with the mid season firing of Frank and his offseason plan, which I can’t imagine didn’t go pretty well how he presented. Land Steichen as HC and draft AR at #4. 

My question is how long of a leash does he have with this second chance.

It seemed to me that Reich had more influence in the qb conversation with Irsay, especially with Wentz which was reported that he apologized to Irsay (in a move signaling desperation to keep his job.) Hindsight’s always fun, but the Ryan move seems wild to me. Falcons fans were laughing on twitter telling us to enjoy the statue, which turned out to be exactly that. Ironic that a coaching and qb change turned a horrible o-line into its old form overnight. 

I like Ballard. I agree with Irsay’s statement last year that we were fortunate to get someone of his caliber. I think his draft process is top tier. He just didn’t hit on the key positions early on. Qb, LT, WR1, CB and pass rush are the premier positions, and we seemingly didn’t have a single one the last few years. Things look a little more promising now, and to see the way AR played early on, how Downs looks as a rookie and how Pittman and Raimann have developed is promising at those positions. The pass rush disruption is from our 3tech trade in Buckner, and the d-line isn’t a liability to us, but we still need a premier edge rusher. Perhaps Dayo could develop into that. I like Paye but he’s not what he needs to be. Cornerback is the liability but I’m hopeful that as young as this group is that one or two emerges. 

Overall, the roster isn’t bad. Bad luck with AR’s injury hampered what could be an even better start to the season. I hope Leonard’s release isn’t a crusher to the locker room, and I don’t think it will be. It shouldn’t be. It should be a statement of being accountable for your play on the field, and perhaps keeping your commentary in a tight locker room during the season. No one in the media is a friend of a locker room mid season. Not one. 

Here’s to hoping for continued development and a strong finish to an already encouraging season of competitiveness compared to last seasons’s atrocity. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, Solid84 said:

You said:

Thats expected when Polian invested ao  heavily in the offence. No one can dispute the fact that based on regular season performance and the amount of high picks in the offence, it repeatedly played below what was expected. That's the truth and a lot of people have a hard time coming to terms with it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:24 PM, NewColtsFan said:

U cannot absolve  Ballard for the Rivers Wentz and Ryan acquisitions. Thr buck is suppose to stop with him on personnel decisions. Now if we r to beleive that Irsay had a lot of influence on those decisions. Then one might ask themselves if Irsay has faith in Ballard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U cannot absolve  Ballard for the Rivers Wentz and Ryan acquisitions. Thr buck is suppose to stop with him on personnel decisions. Now if we r to beleive that Irsay had a lot of influence on those decisions. Then one might ask themselves if Irsay has faith in Ballard.

If Irsay doesn’t have faith in Ballard, why did he give him a new big contract just a few years ago?   Why did he publicly call Ballard the best GM in football just before the first the first game of the 22 season? 

Your argument is based on opinion.  My argument is based on facts. (New contract, highest public praise).  

Look, you simply don’t know how NFL teams are run.   You were the one who recently shouted to this community that the Colts only have Josh Downs because of Reggie Wayne.   That didn’t age well. 

Decisions on the nature of what the Colts are doing at QB — the most important position on the team — have always included Irsay.   This isn’t a secret, it’s that way with every team.   When the decision means whether you’re trying to have a winning season that year OR your drafting a rookie, and willing to take your lumps for a year like the Colts have done THIS YEAR, a decision like that is made WITH the owner.   He has to be on the same page with the GM. 

During the window of 19-22,  the Colts publicly said they were in a window to try and win NOW.   That the team was built to win NOW.   The team was ready to win if they could get the QB right.   That was their thinking and approach.  

When the season imploded last year, that changed the entire thinking.  And that’s why the Colts drafted a quarterback and didn’t take a win-now approach.  

I’m absolving Ballard AND Irsay who work together, even if you don’t know it.  

Extremely late to this party and admittedly haven’t read every single post.

I have seen the fact that this team is constantly young and inexperienced mentioned as a deficiency but I disagree.  When you watch any Colts game you see 90% of the players producing on the field are homegrown Ballard draft picks.  Are we dominate?  No, but we are competitive and winning this year in spite of losing our QB early on. 

We are consistently near the top of the NFL in salary cap space and have yet to have to do a salary dump fire sale under Ballard.  Do you know how many teams would kill to hit in the draft the way Ballard constantly does?  He pays intelligently and has had success replacing free agent losses.  He has also shown he will sign big free agents if it makes sense and has mostly hit on those.  

We could be doing much worse than Ballard.  If the AR pick hits I think most agree he has overall been a very solid GM. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 12:46 PM, Solid84 said:

Not at all. When one considers the assets put into the defense during the Polian years, they were not the problem. I would even say sometimes they played better than the capital that was invested in that side of the ball. Now if you look at the offence as a whole under Manning and Polian, they put up star war numbers in the regular season and cratered in the playoffs. Manning was surrounded by a bevy of 1st rounders. If you are to tell me that u think this this offence under Manning did not under perform in the play offs, then you definitely have your blinders on. The offence was the reason why they only had one Superbowl in the Manning years. I do also blame Polian to a degree. I always felt they should have traded the farm to get that dominant DT. They have Mathis and Freeney and I always thought with a Sapp type DT, things could have been way different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not at all. When one considers the assets put into the defense during the Polian years, they were not the problem. I would even say sometimes they played better than the capital that was invested in that side of the ball. Now if you look at the offence as a whole under Manning and Polian, they put up star war numbers in the regular season and cratered in the playoffs. Manning was surrounded by a bevy of 1st rounders. If you are to tell me that u think this this offence under Manning did not under perform in the play offs, then you definitely have your blinders on. The offence was the reason why they only had one Superbowl in the Manning years. I do also blame Polian to a degree. I always felt they should have traded the farm to get that dominant DT. They have Mathis and Freeney and I always thought with a Sapp type DT, things could have been way different.

Considering the assets?

What does that have to do with anything? Our defense generally wasn't good when Manning was here, period. Ressources doesn't give them a carte blanche to just suck? I mean, with the amount of ressources spent expecting top 10 performance is probably unreasonable, but just leaning back an accepting bottom 10 level performance isn't right either.

I'm not denying Manning had a lot of rough years in the playoffs, but there are 53 guys on a roster and while QB is by far the most important others do contribute...

Here’s a comment I read on the Bengals forum. They wanted a few more athletes with high RAS :) 

I was chuckling that RAS isn’t everything but there is merit to those measurables when it’s accompanied with college production. The truth is always in the middle.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 4:27 AM, chad72 said:

Here’s a comment I read on the Bengals forum. They wanted a few more athletes with high RAS :) 

I was chuckling that RAS isn’t everything but there is merit to those measurables when it’s accompanied with college production. The truth is always in the middle.

Did you see where they criticized the GM for not focusing on the offensive line more? Several posters responded with examples of how the Bengals actually have been working to get Joe protection each year, it’s just things haven’t stuck and or the coaching has not been up to par. 

Sounds familiar doesn’t it?

• Like 1

First:  What does this mean? If you believe you have your Haliburton on the roster in Anthony Richardson.  

Being conservative doesn't mean the solution is to take a big swing

Just direct more of the capital to where it should go, that's all.  Its possible to be disciplined about it.

• Like 1

Thats an organizational philosophy. All you complainers act like we were bringing in free agents before Ballard got here. We have never done that.

In reality, Ballard has been more active and made better decisions in free agency than any other GM we have ever had. Much better. Much more active.  

Stop looking for things that confirm your feelings and try actually looking at evidence. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Thats an organizational philosophy. All you complainers act like we were bringing in free agents before Ballard got here. We have never done that.

In reality, Ballard has been more active and made better decisions in free agency than any other GM we have ever had. Much better. Much more active.  

Stop looking for things that confirm your feelings and try actually looking at evidence. 

First of all, the FA aspect is only one part of it. So it is you my friend who are clearly looking to confirm your feelings. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with what you call organizational philosophy, as the writer points out, it has not worked. See "results" as the key here.

As far as Ballard's decisions goes, again, can't really say they have been great when the results show otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

First:  What does this mean? If you believe you have your Haliburton on the roster in Anthony Richardson.  

Being conservative doesn't mean the solution is to take a big swing

Just direct more of the capital to where it should go, that's all.  Its possible to be disciplined about it.

I think she probably meant Howitzer... ie Cannon arm I'm guessing

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I think she probably meant Howitzer... ie Cannon arm I'm guessing

no she prolly means halliburton of the pacers (the clear cut star of the franchise)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

That’s not true.

Grigson was by far the most active (For better or worse)

6 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

no she prolly means halliburton of the pacers (the clear cut star of the franchise)

Oh gotcha. I'm not a pacers or basketball fan so that's probably right. there were other parts of the article I left out where she was comparing colts to pacers. Sorry, for the confusion, but you got it

I thought she made a lot of excellent points.  I agree he is lucky to be coming back again for another crack at getting a Super Bowl.  And as luck would have it it appears he has not only hit on a quarterback last year but also the head coach.  So the time for him to be aggressive is now.  He’s in the same division with Stroud and Lawrence.  That same old same old horse has left the building. I think he knows it’s now his time to be bold and attempt to seriously improve the roster with the resources he has available to him.  With the quarterback and LT on cheap contracts it’s now or never for him.  So yeah she hit the nail on the head I think.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bravo said:

That’s not true.

Youre basing this off one single year. And every move was horrible.

Ballard is active every year bringing in guys who actually contribute. Autry, Houston, Ngakoue, Ebukam, Gay, etc.

30 minutes ago, Bravo said:

That’s not true.

With who?  Not big time game changers.  Grigson took over a roster in need of big time help.   I give him some credit for those first 2 seasons.   Obviously,  I give Luck more

34 minutes ago, Indeee said:

First of all, the FA aspect is only one part of it. So it is you my friend who are clearly looking to confirm your feelings. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with what you call organizational philosophy, as the writer points out, it has not worked. See "results" as the key here.

As far as Ballard's decisions goes, again, can't really say they have been great when the results show otherwise. 

And neither has your philosophy. You all have been hyping up colossal dissapointments like Miami, Philly, Cincinnatti, Jacksonville, Etc.....

I am critical of the organization when I feel they deserve it. The last play call of the year, Frank Reich, etc.

And I praise them when they deserve it. You know, because I think about what actually happened and not some fantasy world I created for myself, where all my personal opinions result in success. Its not hard to be objective and fair. 

You on the other hand are pretty consistently posting the same thing 1000 different ways. There is zero nuance to your opinions. Its all Ballard hate, all the time. 

His decisions last year absolutely worked. The team was drastically improved from the year before. But you would never acknowledge it. So why does your opinion matter if you cant be the least bit honest with yourself?

On 12/15/2023 at 3:37 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

So because the perfect solution wasnt there, he is penalized for having to try something?

Youre so delusional youre even mad about the Rivers decision and he took us to the playoffs. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

With who?  Not big time game changers.  Grigson took over a roster in need of big time help.   I give him some credit for those first 2 seasons.   Obviously,  I give Luck more

He is thinking of Gosder Cherilus, Andre Johnson and Frank Gore.

That year was clearly an outlier. And it didnt work either.

Most years the Colts have done exactly what Ballard has done. Even the most successful years we have had. A bargain bin signing or two and thats it. And its not gonna change.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

And neither has your philosophy. You all have been hyping up colossal dissapointments like Miami, Philly, Cincinnatti, Jacksonville, Etc.....

I am critical of the organization when I feel they deserve it. The last play call of the year, Frank Reich, etc.

And I praise them when they deserve it. You know, because I think about what actually happened and not some fantasy world I created for myself, where all my personal opinions result in success. Its not hard to be objective and fair. 

You on the other hand are pretty consistently posting the same thing 1000 different ways. There is zero nuance to your opinions. Its all Ballard hate, all the time. 

His decisions last year absolutely worked. The team was drastically improved from the year before. But you would never acknowledge it. So why does your opinion matter if you cant be the least bit honest with yourself?

The only colossal disappointment in this list is Jax. The rest you mentioned are hands down miles better than this team where it currently stands. That Philly team is one year removed from a super bowl which they came minutes away from winning and they are a disappointment? Miami? Cincy? Dude, for real?

This team arguably was improved sure but to what degree? as we were playing a third place schedule of teams I believe. The only real good win was against Baltimore, and that really doesn't count because the Colts seem to ALWAYS beat the ravens in Baltimore. 

I'm glad you are a fan but where you say I'm one-sided in my viewpoints of this team, the same can be said for you, only opposite. 

This team is NOT close to really competing the way it should be. Yes, they can compete in a league that had more backup QB's playing this year, including us, than any other year in the history of the league I think, but that does not mean that we drastically improved as much as you think we did. If we did drastically improve, we still would not be sitting here needing to fill gaping holes at premium spots like WR, CB, and Edge Rusher. These positions, along with QB, have been void of this team with Ballard at the helm and it is why as the writer says, we have zero division titles and only 1 playoff win in 8 years now. In NFL terms, that's a long time without a sniff. Even the hapless commanders won a division title a couple years back, and they just cleaned their entire house. < Seriously, think about that a moment. 

I think it's time to take the glasses off or in your case, put them on, because clearly you can't see what's right in front of your face... :funny:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:53 PM, ArmchairQB said:

Extremely late to this party and admittedly haven’t read every single post.

I have seen the fact that this team is constantly young and inexperienced mentioned as a deficiency but I disagree.  When you watch any Colts game you see 90% of the players producing on the field are homegrown Ballard draft picks.  Are we dominate?  No, but we are competitive and winning this year in spite of losing our QB early on. 

We are consistently near the top of the NFL in salary cap space and have yet to have to do a salary dump fire sale under Ballard.  Do you know how many teams would kill to hit in the draft the way Ballard constantly does?  He pays intelligently and has had success replacing free agent losses.  He has also shown he will sign big free agents if it makes sense and has mostly hit on those.  

We could be doing much worse than Ballard.  If the AR pick hits I think most agree he has overall been a very solid GM. 

Its all about QB. Qb is the straw the stirs the drink. 

We have needed one and its very hard to find. He has tried a bunch of different things, because its hard. A few have worked fairly well. Rivers, Minshew, and maybe Richardson. A few havent worked as well like Wentz and Ryan. 

Sounds to me like a guy doing a descent job of plugging a gaping hole more than pure incompetence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

The only colossal disappointment in this list is Jax. The rest you mentioned are hands down miles better than this team where it currently stands. That Philly team is one year removed from a super bowl which they came minutes away from winning and they are a disappointment? Miami? Cincy? Dude, for real?

This team arguably was improved sure but to what degree? as we were playing a third place schedule of teams I believe. The only real good win was against Baltimore, and that really doesn't count because the Colts seem to ALWAYS beat the ravens in Baltimore. 

I'm glad you are a fan but where you say I'm one-sided in my viewpoints of this team, the same can be said for you, only opposite. 

This team is NOT close to really competing the way it should be. Yes, they can compete in a league that had more backup QB's playing this year, including us, than any other year in the history of the league I think, but that does not mean that we drastically improved as much as you think we did. If we did drastically improve, we still would not be sitting here needing to fill gaping holes at premium spots like WR, CB, and Edge Rusher. These positions, along with QB, have been void of this team with Ballard at the helm and it is why as the writer says, we have zero division titles and only 1 playoff win in 8 years now. In NFL terms, that's a long time without a sniff. Even the hapless commanders won a division title a couple years back, and they just cleaned their entire house. < Seriously, think about that a moment. 

I think it's time to take the glasses off or in your case, put them on, because clearly you can't see what's right in front of your face... :funny:

I think every single one of those fanbases are very dissapointed in their teams this season.  So yes, they are all under achieving dissappintments just like us. The only people hyping up their failures is you, and its only for the sake of trying to make the Colts look bad. 

As far as the rest of your post, its just more of the same. Our wins dont count because we played a backup QB, with OUR BACKUP QB......yada yada yada.......blah blah blah. Whatever. It doesnt even count when we beat the league MVP with our backup QB on the road. Nothing good ever counts. Because youre that insecure in your narrative.

The line between success and failure is razor thin and all the teams I listed are proof of that. 

Ballard absolutely needs someone to push him at times.  Hopefully, Steichen pushes him the right way.  Irsay's attempt  to push Ballard, his meddling in 2022, was obviously the wrong way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Grigson brought on Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Laron Landry, Donnie Avery in FA and traded for Richardson.

Those were bigger names at the time of the signings.

I’m not saying he was a great GM, I thought the argument was that Ballard was the most active GM we have ever had.

17 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

He is thinking of Gosder Cherilus, Andre Johnson and Frank Gore.

That year was clearly an outlier. And it didnt work either.

Most years the Colts have done exactly what Ballard has done. Even the most successful years we have had. A bargain bin signing or two and thats it. And its not gonna change.

Also Laron Landry, Donnie Avery, and the trade for Richardson.

I thought the argument was activity and singing known players, not how good they were as a GM.

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Grigson brought on Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Laron Landry, Donnie Avery in FA and traded for Richardson.

Those were bigger names at the time of the signings.

I’m not saying he was a great GM, I thought the argument was that Ballard was the most active GM we have ever had.

Consistently, year over year he absolutely is. 

And he is much better than Grigson or Polian for that matter, ever was.

10 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Also Laron Landry, Donnie Avery, and the trade for Richardson.

I thought the argument was activity and singing known players, not how good they were as a GM.

One year does not mean he was more active. 

You didnt even name as many people as I did and I left out quite a few.

Phillip Rivers

Stephon Gilmore

Tre Burton

Eric Ebron

Jabaal Sheard

Xavier Rhodes

Johnathan Hankins

TJ Carrie

Here's the thing about the Colts cycling through QBs that rarely gets mentioned.  I'm sure no one will admit it, but internally for several years, I would bet there were people in the organization hoping and thinking that Luck might still return.  It sure seemed like Irsay was holding out hope.  That might have been a factor in deciding on what to do at QB.

At the beginning of 2022, while Wentz was still on the team, Ballard was asked what he would say if Luck wanted to return. 

Ballard:  Welcome back.

That must have made Wentz feel good.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, #12. said:

Here's the thing about the Colts cycling through QBs that rarely gets mentioned.  I'm sure no one will admit it, but internally for several years, I would bet there were people in the organization hoping and thinking that Luck might still return.  It sure seemed like Irsay was holding out hope.  That might have been a factor in deciding on what to do at QB.

At the beginning of 2022, while Wentz was still on the team, Ballard was asked what he would say if Luck wanted to return. 

Ballard:  Welcome back.

That must have made Wentz feel good.

I think most people expected him to miss the game and return at some point. Im shocked he never came back. That dude loved to play football, I dont care what anyone says. 

24 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I think every single one of those fanbases are very dissapointed in their teams this season.  So yes, they are all under achieving dissappintments just like us. The only people hyping up their failures is you, and its only for the sake of trying to make the Colts look bad. 

As far as the rest of your post, its just more of the same. Our wins dont count because we played a backup QB, with OUR BACKUP QB......yada yada yada.......blah blah blah. Whatever. It doesnt even count when we beat the league MVP with our backup QB on the road. Nothing good ever counts. Because youre that insecure in your narrative.

The line between success and failure is razor thin and all the teams I listed are proof of that. 

"My Narrative"

This is the last moment I'm going to entertain your fizzle. Since reading my post you have made this all about "My Narrative".

You are right. It has been "My Narrative" for many years now, as you are quick to point out. But here's the thing. My post was from an Indy Writer, Reporter, whatever. Not from me. A person paid to write stuff about the team, not just some guy with a "Narrative" as you claim I am.

So, explain how "My Narrative" was so eloquently explained from some Indy writer I have zero ties to. A writer who has never had the privilege of seeing or knowing "My Narrative". Maybe I should attempt to sue her as she has clearly copied "My Narrative" without my permission, nor has she given me credit as "My Narrative" or could it be that "My Narrative" is starting to become a realized reality more and more each day, each year, as this GM continues down his never changing path. 

Maybe, just maybe, "MY Narrative" has been spot on from the jump. As "My Narrative" to me, has always been nothing more than obvious assertions.  

I'm out. You are no longer a part of "My Narrative".

• Like 1