Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

These players who have went for good money I have no interest in. We need to find a starting level guard but not one that goes for 72 million. I haven’t seen anyone yet I feel colts should of went after.

I want the Eagles G. He is still out there. I don't know if we can even afford him with the current cap space. If we sign him, I'd probably be happy for today as we'd get a starter-like player today to fill a need. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Yes that is how aggressive teams who want to fix their problems operate. Somebody could learn a lesson or two.

imo ballard is having a bad case of confusion !!!! free agency is mind blowing for him !!!! he cant react fast enough to deal in free agency!!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he gets paid what some of the guards have got paid today there is no way. I don’t know what is value is so we will see.

Ben Powers got 4 years, $52 million to the Broncos. That's 13 million a year. Seumalo isn't as good as him and would probably be around the $11-12 million range.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Broncos too. Powers, Mcglinchley, and Stidham. Fixing that offense.

You do realize that every single year, some team goes out and “wins FA” by signing the most people or the “best players”… yet in the last ten years, the only team I can think of where that truly made a difference was the Rams two years ago. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You do realize that every single year, some team goes out and “wins FA” by signing the most people or the “best players”… yet in the last ten years, the only team I can think of where that truly made a difference was the Rams two years ago. 

Jags last year.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Chiefs regularly dabble in FA and they have won two recent SBs. Also, you do realize that most of these teams that dabble in FA are bottom-feeder teams right? Without a franchise QB? When a team with a franchise QB dabbles in FA, they usually have success. The problem isn't FA itself, the problem is not spending in FA when you have a franchise QB or a QB on a rookie deal that can help you compete.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Jags didn’t win the Super Bowl 

They won 6 more games in the regular season and a playoff game in a season where they hit on 6 FAs. That put them from a losing team to a playoff contender. They can afford that because they have Trevor Lawrence on a cheap deal. Why can't Ballard do that for us? We will soon have a franchise QB on a cheap deal as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is getting comical and embarrassing at this point. At least we used to have cap space available in FA when we didn't sign anyone. Now he isn't even opening up cap space with any restructures or cuts to let us compete to sign FAs. Unless we are drafting Will Anderson, we should be building around our new franchise QB in FA and the draft while his contract is cheap. We aren't even releasing Ryan and Foles.

Not even upset about the lack of signings as I'm used to it, I'm upset that we aren't even trying to allow ourselves to sign a decent FA because of a lack of cap space. Ballard has gone from incompetent in FA, too stubborn, to sabotaging the team as he refuses to change his ways.

In the past I would say you are being negative but at this point I am even annoyed by Ballard.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Issac Seumalo. He was the eagles RG last year and has a rapport with Steichen. He also fills a need for us and can start right away. I would be happy with just him if we get him today.

Unfortunately, it's not in Ballards DNA to spend money on difference makers. Until Ballard is gone, I've resigned to the fact that the Colts will be mediocre at best.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Unfortunately, it's not in Ballards DNA to spend money on difference makers. Until Ballard is gone, I've resigned to the fact that the Colts will be mediocre at best.

Yep, it's not even fun anymore. Best case scenario, Ballard has a top 10 draft every year, it still won't be enough to win a SB unless we are aggressive in FA and finally get a franchise QB. For how good Ballard is in the draft, he hasn't been anywhere close to top 10 on a consistent basis as we've only had our 1st round pick 3 times out of 6 of his drafts. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They won 6 more games in the regular season and a playoff game in a season where they hit on 6 FAs. That put them from a losing team to a playoff contender. They can afford that because they have Trevor Lawrence on a cheap deal. Why can't Ballard do that for us? We will soon have a franchise QB on a cheap deal as well.

We don’t and there is no guarantee we will have said franchise QB…

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We don’t and there is no guarantee we will have said franchise QB…

Ballard has to assume that the QB at 4 will hit. He needs to build a team around him in FA and the draft. The QB will be cheap, put him in a position to succeed by BOTH FA and the draft. Not just the draft. If we repeat the same mistakes, then we will fail again. Ballard can't consistently draft good enough to not dabble in FA.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has to assume that the QB at 4 will hit. He needs to build a team around him in FA and the draft. The QB will be cheap, put him in a position to succeed by BOTH FA and the draft. Not just the draft. If we repeat the same mistakes, then we will fail again. Ballard can't consistently draft good enough to not dabble in FA.

ballard keeps resigning his misses in the draft, hopefully he changes this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the past I would say you are being negative but at this point I am even annoyed by Ballard.

Oh I’m PO’d, but I think it’s Ballard AND Indy being a bottom 10 destination right now. We need to earn our reputation back. 

With a great draft & a hit at QB, we can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

But how do you expect that to help us attract FAs now….

38 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard keeps resigning his misses in the draft, hopefully he changes this

Really… seems he’s getting rid of several…

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

But how do you expect that to help us attract FAs now….

Really… seems he’s getting rid of several…

Promise FAs that you are going to draft a franchise QB at 4 (if that is indeed the plan). Yes, it could leak, but be honest that you drafting a QB of some sort (don't give hints on which one or reveal it). That'll get you some FAs that will sign and help this team out. Those Eagle FAs would have been a start as they have familiarity with Steichen. 

• Like 1

I would like Seumalu or Evan Brown for IOL.  They need to add a CB.  I liked Sutton but was pessimistic about that happening   The return of Rock would be fine with me. A blocking TE should be added too.  I never thought I would say this but I would like to add Minshew. 

I’d like to see the Colts re-sign Campbell,  Speed, Dulin , McGlaughlin, Brown

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Promise FAs that you are going to draft a franchise QB at 4 (if that is indeed the plan). Yes, it could leak, but be honest that you drafting a QB of some sort (don't give hints on which one or reveal it). That'll get you some FAs that will sign and help this team out. Those Eagle FAs would have been a start as they have familiarity with Steichen. 

Yeah that’s not gonna help . Come on, deep breathes, you’re smarter than that. I’ve seen it. 

i understand your frustration I really do, but we’re backed into a major corner right now. Gonna be hard to be a FA hotspot for a couple years. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I would like Seumalu or Evan Brown for IOL.  They need to add a CB.  I liked Sutton but was pessimistic about that happening   The return of Rock would be fine with me. A blocking TE should be added too.  I never thought I would say this but I would like to add Minshew. 

I’d like to see the Colts re-sign Campbell,  Speed, Dulin , McGlaughlin, Brown

I’d also like Arden Key as a wave pass rusher. 

• Like 1

....complaining about Ballard not being active early in FA is fun because we're used to it AND EXPECT IT....and we know what type of organization this is and where it's going. 

But is it really Ballads Fault???

Isn't Ballard doing what Irsay wants him to? 

Save him money and lucrative signing bonuses?

If Irsay wasn't happy with the way Ballard operates, things would change and/or Ballard would have been fired by now.

Bottom line is Ballard has been saving Irsay lots of money these last 7 years and if the colts aren't going to be serious contenders why waste money on expensive FA's? 

Ballard is doing his job and doing it well....(keeping the colts Irrelevant).

It is what it is and if/when it changes, then I will believe it and only then.

Remember, Don't pay attention to what the colts say, pay attention to what they do. 

• Like 2

I rescind all my previous posts claiming Ballard is not a big FA spender because of this breaking news:

The Colts just signed a 4-year, $22.5 million deal with Kicker Matt Gay. Whew! I was afraid we weren't going to get our kicker for $5.625 million a year this offseason. This is a huge relief. Everybody can relax now.

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

I rescind all my previous posts claiming Ballard is not a big FA spender because of this breaking news:

The Colts just signed a 4-year, $22.5 million deal with Kicker Matt Gay. Whew! I was afraid we weren't going to get our kicker for $5.625 million a year this offseason. This is a huge relief. Everybody can relax now.

We are going 20 and 0 now

6 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Breaks bank for a kicker. What insanity; can get a kicker in draft.

Why so fans can complain about the Colts wasting a draft pick on kicker when they could sign an undrafted one?  Then when that kicker misses a few and complain about why Ballard didn’t take that position seriously?  Seriously that’s all some fans are going to do.  Complain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2