Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady is BACK..

adubb84

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I just saw it. :facepalm::Cry:  Hopefully this is a move to help move him out.  

Is Cousins really that bad? A Commanders fan I know said that Indy wouldn't be a good choice for him. She remembers his time in Washington and doesn't think very highly of him. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Can someone lay him out so he retires. So sick of this guy. 

Lol the theatrics of it all.

He announced his retirement the week leading up to Super Bowl.

He announced his "un-retirement" within minutes of the NCAA March Madness pairings.

Timing is everything.  :drama:

This morning on Boomer & Gio they discussed Brady's "last TD passed" football bought recently for $518,000. So, he is not retiring and the question is what is that ball worth now? There are many questions attached to this transaction and I would like to see how it turns out. 

14 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Is Cousins really that bad? A Commanders fan I know said that Indy wouldn't be a good choice for him. She remembers his time in Washington and doesn't think very highly of him. 

I agree with that fan. If you look at his stats alone, he looks great. However, he does not step up when needed. What bothers me most is that he plays as if he does not understand situational football.

Do you recall the Super Bowl in which the Falcons were up something like 28-3? The situation called for using up clock time and getting easy first downs. However, Matt Ryan was passing it and stopping the clock. That is what Cousins would do. 

23 hours ago, Gramz said:

Lol the theatrics of it all.

He announced his retirement the week leading up to Super Bowl.

He announced his "un-retirement" within minutes of the NCAA March Madness pairings.

Timing is everything.  :drama:

I try to just keep my dumb mouth shut when you do your Brady thing, but Gramz... he didn't "announce" his retirement until it was already a story. If you're suggesting it was all leaked intentionally because Brady "needs attention," I've got to respectfully disagree there. He's hardly starved for attention. 

21 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I try to just keep my dumb mouth shut when you do your Brady thing, but Gramz... he didn't "announce" his retirement until it was already a story. If you're suggesting it was all leaked intentionally because Brady "needs attention," I've got to respectfully disagree there. He's hardly starved for attention. 

hahahaha

My "Brady" thing?  :facepalm:

Okay, whatever. O.o

I hardly think I'm alone in my opinion.  

It will be interesting, to say the least, how this next season goes. :popcorn:

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

It was a strange 2 months.  What do you think happened?  Do you think he was mulling retirement or Gisele made him do it?  Given how fast he came back it sure seems like he was forced but I guess who knows.

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I never really thought he was going to retire. He hates losing and wants to go out on top. That is really the only thing Peyton has on him, winning a SB then retire other than MVP's. 

5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

It was a strange 2 months.  What do you think happened?  Do you think he was mulling retirement or Gisele made him do it?  Given how fast he came back it sure seems like he was forced but I guess who knows.

He was around the house 24/7 and Gisele got sick of him (joking lol), so she said Tommy with her accent get out of here and go study film and play.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

hahahaha

My "Brady" thing?  :facepalm:

Okay, whatever. O.o

I hardly think I'm alone in my opinion.  

It will be interesting, to say the least, how this next season goes. :popcorn:

No offense intended Gramz. I just think you have a tendency to unfairly vilify him at times. There is no basis of proof whatsoever that this is some sort of attention-grabbing move.

18 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Strictly a theory, but... 

Maybe as the season wound down he was leaning toward retirement. My guess is that he wanted to take some time (say a month or two, soon enough to not leave Tampa in a bind) to make up his mind. Then the story comes out way sooner than anticipated, and he's sort of put on the spot to make a decision. He opts to retire, but quickly regrets that choice. Then he spends a month trying to convince G, lol... 

I don't know, but given what we know to be true, that explanation seems as likely as any. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never really thought he was going retire. He hates losing and wants to go out on top. That is really the only thing Peyton has on him, winning a SB then retire other than MVP's. 

The whole thing (Brady's retirement) felt forced somehow, like it was all happening the wrong way, and for the wrong reasons. Manning went out properly and "on top" as you said. I don't know how the Bucs will look next year but obviously at this point the only reason he's going to keep playing is to win SBs. 

8 minutes ago, GoPats said:

No offense intended Gramz. I just think you have a tendency to unfairly vilify him at times. There is no basis of proof whatsoever that this is some sort of attention-grabbing move.

He should stay retired.

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

Strictly a theory, but... 

Maybe as the season wound down he was leaning toward retirement. My guess is that he wanted to take some time (say a month or two, soon enough to not leave Tampa in a bind) to make up his mind. Then the story comes out way sooner than anticipated, and he's sort of put on the spot to make a decision. He opts to retire, but quickly regrets that choice. Then he spends a month trying to convince G, lol... 

I don't know, but given what we know to be true, that explanation seems as likely as any. 

The whole thing (Brady's retirement) felt forced somehow, like it was all happening the wrong way, and for the wrong reasons. Manning went out properly and "on top" as you said. I don't know how the Bucs will look next year but obviously at this point the only reason he's going to keep playing is to win SBs. 

I think if the Bucs win it all, he will retire because going out on top is the best way to go. A lot of people don't even bring up Peyton's 8 one and done's unless they are just super diehard fans because he won that 2nd SB and retired by winning a SB. All  most remember is Peyton won a SB in his last season and got #2 and went out a winner.

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

He should stay retired.

If I was in his shoes I would've but it is in his blood playing football. He is like Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice were, they loved the game and left everything on the field. Peyton did too but was forced to retire because of his neck. I also think Peyton called it quits because he went out on top which is huge.

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

He should stay retired.

I respect your opinion. But sometimes emotion can cloud judgment, and you've never made your disdain for Brady a secret.

He didn't announce his retirement until the "leak" forced his hand. And if he had waited longer to "un-retire," what position does that leave Tampa in, with no legitimate starting QB and the draft right around the corner? To plan accordingly for the draft, free agency, etc., wouldn't it be a "the sooner the better" situation with him coming out of his very brief retirement? 

Just didn't think it was fair to cut straight to, "He's an attention (you know what)." Tom Brady's never been starved for attention.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if the Bucs win it all, he will retire because going out on top is the best way to go. A lot of people don't even bring up Peyton's 8 one and done's unless they are just super diehard fans because he won that 2nd SB and retired by winning a SB. All  most remember is Peyton won a SB in his last season and got #2 and went out a winner.

I won't lie, I did root for Seattle in Denver's 1st SB with Manning. The rivalry was still pretty strong back then. But then after the Patriots won their 4th, I actually found myself wanting to see Manning go out with another title. I also admittedly didn't want Newton to win one. :D

57 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I respect your opinion. But sometimes emotion can cloud judgment, and you've never made your disdain for Brady a secret.

He didn't announce his retirement until the "leak" forced his hand. And if he had waited longer to "un-retire," what position does that leave Tampa in, with no legitimate starting QB and the draft right around the corner? To plan accordingly for the draft, free agency, etc., wouldn't it be a "the sooner the better" situation with him coming out of his very brief retirement? 

Just didn't think it was fair to cut straight to, "He's an attention (you know what)." Tom Brady's never been starved for attention.

No-one forced his Hand. 

If he didn't want to retire he could have, and should have called nonsense on the supposed leak.

Why go through with it, just to two months later say "sorry, just kidding"  

I'm not the only one questioning this.  Many across the NFL are.

Whether intentionally or unintentionally,  he's brought the negativity and attention on this himself.  Period.

Disdain, dislike,  I am who I am and I'm honest to a fault.  I call it like I see it.   

Have a Good day!

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never really thought he was going to retire. He hates losing and wants to go out on top. That is really the only thing Peyton has on him, winning a SB then retire other than MVP's. 

Winning Super Bowls with two different teams is already going out on top, so there is nothing Brady has left to prove. It could be  more about setting records that won't be broken and the fact that he loves the game. That is if he retires: ten years from now we'll probably  be watching Brady wondering how someone in his fifties can still play. haha

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

No-one forced his Hand. 

If he didn't want to retire he could have, and should have called nonsense on the supposed leak.

Why go through with it, just to two months later say "sorry, just kidding"  

I'm not the only one questioning this.  Many across the NFL are.

Whether intentionally or unintentionally,  he's brought the negativity and attention on this himself.  Period.

Disdain, dislike,  I am who I am and I'm honest to a fault.  I call it like I see it.   

Have a Good day!

I wasn't criticizing you but obviously I've hit a nerve. My apologies.

Have a great evening as well! 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

I wasn't criticizing you but obviously I've hit a nerve. My apologies.

Have a great evening as well! 

I'm good.

No worries.

We just have differing opinions.

Next season should be interesting.   I'm looking forward to watching Joe Burrow and Josh Allen for years to come. 

20 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Winning Super Bowls with two different teams is already going out on top, so there is nothing Brady has left to prove. It could be  more about setting records that won't be broken and the fact that he loves the game. That is if he retires: ten years from now we'll probably  be watching Brady wondering how someone in his fifties can still play. haha

I think it is about playing.  He had an amazing age 44 season.  Really no reason to quit when he can still play at that level.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You do realize, of course, that no one puts Brady and Peyton anywhere near each other.

here’s Brady

Here’s Peyton.

Brady is the universal GOAT.

47 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

You do realize, of course, that no one puts Brady and Peyton anywhere near each other.

here’s Brady

Here’s Peyton.

Brady is the universal GOAT.

If you don't think Peyton is close than this guy even laughs - homer simpson GIF- Iam a diehard Colts fan and I am on record saying Brady is the GOAT but Peyton is Top 3 so give respect where it is due and don't look silly. You do know Peyton is 3-1 against Brady in AFC Championship Games and has 5 MVP's to Brady's 3 so don't act like Brady is so much better. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you don't think Peyton is close than this guy even laughs - homer simpson GIF- Iam a diehard Colts fan and I am on record saying Brady is the GOAT but Peyton is Top 3 so give respect where it is due and don't look silly. You do know Peyton is 3-1 against Brady in AFC Championship Games and has 5 MVP's to Brady's 3 so don't act like Brady is so much better. 

LOL.

Yeah, okay.  And how many SBs did Peyton win when winning MVP?

Thought so.

MVPs are a joke.  We all know it.  They measure nothing.  

Literally no one puts Peyton in the same sentence as Brady.  

Brady has a winning record over Peyton.  When they happened is irrelevant; heck, the topic itself is fairly irrelevant because they don’t tel much of a story at all.  Never did Brady lose to the Colts in the playoffs 20-3.  

We all know that no one other than a desperate Colts fan thinks Peyton is anywhere near Brady’s level.  MVPs?  That’s your criteria ?

Hilarious.

19 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

LOL.

Yeah, okay.  And how many SBs did Peyton win when winning MVP?

Thought so.

MVPs are a joke.  We all know it.  They measure nothing.  

Literally no one puts Peyton in the same sentence as Brady.  

Brady has a winning record over Peyton.  When they happened is irrelevant; heck, the topic itself is fairly irrelevant because they don’t tel much of a story at all.  Never did Brady lose to the Colts in the playoffs 20-3.  

We all know that no one other than a desperate Colts fan thinks Peyton is anywhere near Brady’s level.  MVPs?  That’s your criteria ?

Hilarious.

It is not my total criteria (gee whiz, you are impossible and I already said Brady was even the GOAT) but it factors in, winning SB's is also a criteria but it takes a great team to win a SB. Yeah 7-2 I get it but Peyton has won 2 and to say MVP's are a joke is utterly funny.  Besides winning the SB that is the best accolade any player can win. You just degrade it because Peyton has won 5, if Brady had 5 you would think winning MVP was very important. To dismiss that Peyton is 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games shows me this discussion will go nowhere homer simpson laughing GIF- Homer actually got angry and broke out of that headlock, then it was over for the devil haha 

@NFLUp, you can't even acknowledge Peyton was great and admit he is top 3, at that point I should've stopped this discussion. You probably think Mac Jones is better than Peyton and Carson Wentz beat him Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT- you said the Pats would smoke us all week and I told you we would win. It took a while but glad you are back after Taylor ran all over your butts.

Archived