Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady is BACK..


adubb84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Brady gets hurt week 1 and his backup (who hadnt been a full time starter since high school), took that team to 11-5.... Peyton gets hurt and the team goes 2-14?

 

Brady is great...Peyton was great.  Anyone who cant agree that both are/were great, is just being silly...

 

My thoughts, though... Put Peyton on all of the teams that Brady has been on, and they win as many if not MORE Super Bowls... Put Brady on the teams that Peyton was on, and they wouldnt have won any in Indy and just the 1 in Denver.  I know that is just MY opinion, but it is how i truly feel about it.

 

And, side note...none of Peyton's teams were ever caught cheating lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

LOL.

 

Yeah, okay.  And how many SBs did Peyton win when winning MVP?

Thought so.

 

MVPs are a joke.  We all know it.  They measure nothing.  

 

Literally no one puts Peyton in the same sentence as Brady.  
 

Brady has a winning record over Peyton.  When they happened is irrelevant; heck, the topic itself is fairly irrelevant because they don’t tel much of a story at all.  Never did Brady lose to the Colts in the playoffs 20-3.  
 

We all know that no one other than a desperate Colts fan thinks Peyton is anywhere near Brady’s level.  MVPs?  That’s your criteria ?

Hilarious.

 

I'm a Patriots fan, not a "desperate Colts fan," and I do not agree. Brady is the undisputable GOAT at this point, but to say Manning isn't anywhere close to his level is disingenuous. I do believe Brady has separated himself from whoever you want to list 2nd, but that doesn't degrade the accomplishments of guys like Manning, Montana, etc. 

 

Early on, it was very one-sided, but were you a Patriots fan in 2006 when they lost the AFCCG against the Colts? Or the infamous "4th-and-2" game? Although the Patriots basically smacked the Colts around for a few years at the start, Indy eventually figured it out and became a formidable opponent. You could easily argue that Brady would have 10 rings if it weren't for Manning. Or 12 if you want to throw in the whole family, lol. 

 

I suppose I just don't believe in underestimating an opponent, or a past rival. 

 

Not to mention, this is why people hate Patriots fans. haha

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GoPats said:

 

I'm a Patriots fan, not a "desperate Colts fan," and I do not agree. Brady is the undisputable GOAT at this point, but to say Manning isn't anywhere close to his level is disingenuous. I do believe Brady has separated himself from whoever you want to list 2nd, but that doesn't degrade the accomplishments of guys like Manning, Montana, etc. 

 

Early on, it was very one-sided, but were you a Patriots fan in 2006 when they lost the AFCCG against the Colts? Or the infamous "4th-and-2" game? Although the Patriots basically smacked the Colts around for a few years at the start, Indy eventually figured it out and became a formidable opponent. You could easily argue that Brady would have 10 rings if it weren't for Manning. Or 12 if you want to throw in the whole family, lol. 

 

I suppose I just don't believe in underestimating an opponent, or a past rival. 

 

Not to mention, this is why people hate Patriots fans. haha

Well said. I think Brady is the goat and I am a diehard colts fan since 1984. Having said that, Montana and Peyton are on the same level. SB wins is a huge criteria but so are regular season wins and MVP's. It is not like Peyton hasn't won a SB either, he won one with 2 different teams. NFLup posts like he is 18 years old lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well said. I think Brady is the goat and I am a diehard colts fan since 1984. Having said that, Montana and Peyton are on the same level. SB wins is a huge criteria but so are regular season wins and MVP's. It is not like Peyton hasn't won a SB either, he won one with 2 different teams. NFLup posts like he is 18 years old lol.

Key things I look at when ranking QBs all time are SB wins, regular season wins, MVP's, and stats. To me a QB at least has to have 2 SB wins to be on the Mt Rushmore. At least 1 MVP, winning MVP's means a QB is putting up huge stats and winning alot of games, and a ton of regular season wins which keeps their team relevant for a decade. 1. Brady, 2. Montana, 3. Peyton. 4. Elway. SB era Mt Rushmore imo. 1966 to 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 3:28 AM, coltsblue1844 said:

Brady gets hurt week 1 and his backup (who hadnt been a full time starter since high school), took that team to 11-5.... Peyton gets hurt and the team goes 2-14?

 

Brady is great...Peyton was great.  Anyone who cant agree that both are/were great, is just being silly...

 

My thoughts, though... Put Peyton on all of the teams that Brady has been on, and they win as many if not MORE Super Bowls... Put Brady on the teams that Peyton was on, and they wouldnt have won any in Indy and just the 1 in Denver.  I know that is just MY opinion, but it is how i truly feel about it.

 

And, side note...none of Peyton's teams were ever caught cheating lol

Facts.

 

Brady has also had the luxury of coming out of around a dozen playoff games where he played poorly as a winner. Imagine if Peyton and Rogers had that luxury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, colt191812 said:

Facts.

 

Brady has also had the luxury of coming out of around a dozen playoff games where he played poorly as a winner. Imagine if Peyton and Rogers had that luxury. 

Imagine Marino with Brady's teams...today's rules etc...he was an AMAZING QB who gets no praise due to no rings...but on pure talent, he was amazing. Today's generation missed getting to see that!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 2:23 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well said. I think Brady is the goat and I am a diehard colts fan since 1984. Having said that, Montana and Peyton are on the same level. SB wins is a huge criteria but so are regular season wins and MVP's. It is not like Peyton hasn't won a SB either, he won one with 2 different teams. NFLup posts like he is 18 years old lol.

 

There is an entire generation of Patriots fans who know nothing of the old, dark days of this franchise. My son is 9 and he has no idea that what he's seen even in his short lifetime he'll probably never see again. When I was his age, we'd have to listen to home games on the radio because of TV blackouts. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

There is an entire generation of Patriots fans who know nothing of the old, dark days of this franchise. My son is 9 and he has no idea that what he's seen even in his short lifetime he'll probably never see again. When I was his age, we'd have to listen to home games on the radio because of TV blackouts. 

 

Oh goodie! Another season of " As the world turns" starring the 2 drama queens of the NFL ..Brady and Rodgers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...