Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

20 hours ago, Myles said:

I watched the Cardinals beat the Cubs last night and could not tell you who the announcers were.   I really don't pay much attention to them.  I never have.  I know many who love or hate certain announcers but I never feel so much as others do.  Did Vin have a catch phrase?   That is sometimes how I might remember an announcer - Slick Leonard - Boom Baby!  

I couldn't tell you who asnnounced:

Last years World Series

The last Super Bowl

I watch and listened to around 35 Cardinals games this season and could not tell you who the announcers are.   I guess I don't really care.

Everyone knows who Vin Scully is, my mom doesn't even follow sports and she knows who he is lmao . Do you know who Joe Buck is? He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is? John Madden? Jim Nantz? Even if you don't pay attention to the commentary, the network says who is announcing a big playoff game or a WS or a SB at least half a dozen times throughout the game. Anyone would just know by watching the game even if they didn't care, so you have me at a loss. No big deal , just odd, but I don't know 1 person who doesn't know who Vin Scully is homer simpson lol GIF

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone knows who Vin Scully is, my mom doesn't even follow sports and she knows who he is lmao . Do you know who Joe Buck is? He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is? John Madden? Jim Nantz? Even if you don't pay attention to the commentary, the network says who is announcing a big playoff game or a WS or a SB at least half a dozen times throughout the game. Anyone would just know by watching the game even if they didn't care, so you have me at a loss. No big deal , just odd, but I don't know 1 person who doesn't know who Vin Scully is homer simpson lol GIF

Do you know who Joe Buck is? - I do, but only because he is the son of Jack Buck (Longtime Cardinals announcer).   He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is?  John Madden? - As an avid NFL fan, I do know who those 2 are but I watched the games they announced for years.  Jim Nantz? - I kind of know who he is from him appearing on a sitcom called Yes Dear years ago.  

I have heard of Vin Scully but would not have been able to tell you what he did or what team he did it for.   Like I said, I watch or listen to most Cardinal games and could not tell you who their announcers are.  I guess it doesn't interest me and I just don't pay attention.

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do you know who Joe Buck is? - I do, but only because he is the son of Jack Buck (Longtime Cardinals announcer).   He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is?  John Madden? - As an avid NFL fan, I do know who those 2 are but I watched the games they announced for years.  Jim Nantz? - I kind of know who he is from him appearing on a sitcom called Yes Dear years ago.  

I have heard of Vin Scully but would not have been able to tell you what he did or what team he did it for.   Like I said, I watch or listen to most Cardinal games and could not tell you who their announcers are.  I guess it doesn't interest me and I just don't pay attention.

A lot of announcers are bad but you missed out not listening to Vin. I really like Jim Nantz when he does AFC Title Games as well. He also does Golf a lot - he is really good. Summerall and Madden were the kings at doing NFC Title Games back in the 90's. Al Michaels is just great period doing multiple sports.

23 hours ago, Myles said:

NL Central:

Brewers - 57 - 46

Cardinals - 2 games back

Reds - 15 games back

Cubs - 15.5 games back

Pirates - 16 games back

That battle to not be last is close.  

How in the heck did we get to 3rd place? This team is strange. We're winning games, yet reset the clock on another 3-5 year rebuild. Still feel like had we kept a lot of our players this offseason we might've actually been in the running for October. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

How in the heck did we get to 3rd place? This team is strange. We're winning games, yet reset the clock on another 3-5 year rebuild. Still feel like had we kept a lot of our players this offseason we might've actually been in the running for October. 

I think who ever finishes 3rd should hang a banner = 3rd place finish in NL Central. 'The battle for 3rd between 3 teams being the Cubs, Reds, and Pirates will be epic in the history of baseball' Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

So now the Cards and Brewers are tied for first.   The Cardinals have a 3 game series with the Yankees.  The Brewers get the Reds for 3.  I suspect after the weekend that the Brewers will have a game or 2 lead over the Cardinals.  

The Pirates have taken over 3rd place.  The Reds are 4th and a half a game back of the Pirates.   The Cubs slipped into last and are 1.5 games behind the Pirates.  With the Cubs playing the Marlins, the Pirates playing the Orioles and the Reds playing the Brewers, this could tighten up over the weekend.

The Cardinals beat the Yankees 4-3.   Yankees out hit the Cards 10-5.  I am thrilled with this as I thought the Yankees could sweep the series.  

Cardinals beat the Yankees again.  1-0.

Needed some great defense for this one.  

A sweep would be nice.

1 game up in the Central.

20 hours ago, Myles said:

Woo hoo, it sure feels good to have swept the Yankees.  

Central

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Reds - 15.5 games back

Pirates - 16 games back

Cubs - 16.5 games back

1 day later:

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Pirates - 16.5 games back

Cubs have announced they will let Heyward go at the end of this year.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

1 day later:

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Cubs have announced they will let Heyward go at the end of this year.  

Heyward was part of our glue in 2016. We are parting ways with everyone it seems now days. 

The race for 3rd in the NL Central:

Cubs 44-64

Reds 44-64

Pirates 44-65

- I am kind of getting a kick out of this and having fun with it. Cubs won last night.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Heyward was part of our glue in 2016. We are parting ways with everyone it seems now days. 

The race for 3rd in the NL Central:

Cubs 44-64

Reds 44-64

Pirates 44-65

- I am kind of getting a kick out of this and having fun with it. Cubs won last night.

You ready for Thursday? Neither one of our teams are world beaters right now, but at least it should be a fun game with the old timey uniforms!

So here would be an entertaining all-time tournament regarding the NL:

Teams represented by,

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

2011 Cardinals = @Jay Kirk, @Myles

2016 Cubs = @HOZER, @2006Coltsbestever

Each team would play two 4 game series vs each other, at home and away to determine seeding's for HFA. 24 games total. In other words for example the 1986 Mets would play the other 3 teams 4 times at home and away (8,8,8) as would the other teams would do. Then the seeding's can be done and a playoff can begin with 7 game series in each series. Tie breakers would be head to head and then overall Point differential if needed for HFA.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Teams represented by,

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

Each team would play two 4 game series vs each other, at home and away to determine seeding's for HFA. 24 games total. In other words for example the 1986 Mets would play the other 3 teams 4 times at home and away (8,8,8) as would the other teams would do. Then the seeding's can be done and a playoff can begin with 7 game series in each series. Tie breakers would be head to head and then overall Point differential if needed for HFA.

Interesting.   I would rather they play a 3 or 5 game series in the first round.   Loses some of the fun with a 4 game series if they split 2-2.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Interesting.   I would rather they play a 3 or 5 game series in the first round.   Loses some of the fun with a 4 game series if they split 2-2.

Good point. The 24 games 4+4 was more of like a regular season just to get the seeding's squared away. 5 game series each would be a 30 game regular season (5 away and 5 at home vs each team) and you would get a winner of each series. I like that as well.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Teams represented by,

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

I love my '90s Reds. But I think the other teams would be able to beat them. Now if we're talking '75, that would be one tough team to play. 

The 1990 team was effective because they were unexpected. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I love my '90s Reds. But I think the other teams would be able to beat them. Now if we're talking '75, that would be one tough team to play. 

The 1990 team was effective because they were unexpected. 

We could put the 1975 Reds in there instead. I was thinking of doing that but that was just before my time watching sports. I started watching sports around 1977/78ish but believe me I know about the Big Red Machine.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could put the 1975 Reds in there instead. I was thinking of doing that but that was just before my time watching sports. I started watching sports around 1977/78ish but believe me I know about the Big Red Machine.

Lol, well we can put in the '90s Reds then since I was born in '88. I just barely remember as a kiddo the Reds winning, though it's mostly memories of my father being as happy as I can ever remember. 

Hey everyone...been away for a while...work has been brutal and life at home hectic, too.

I like the deals the Cardinals made, but would have obviously liked to have gotten Soto, too.

We sweep the Yankees and are in first place...going to be an exciting ending to the season!

22 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Hey everyone...been away for a while...work has been brutal and life at home hectic, too.

I like the deals the Cardinals made, but would have obviously liked to have gotten Soto, too.

We sweep the Yankees and are in first place...going to be an exciting ending to the season!

3 games against the Rockies and then the big series vs the Brew Crew.  

In the NL, there are 4 teams fighting for the 3 wild card spots.  If San Fran gets it together there will be 5.  

The Cardinals lost the opener in Colorado.  The Brewers was the only team in the Central to win yesterday. 

I seen where a Pirate was playing in his first game since being called up from the minors.  He was sliding into 3rd base and his phone fell out of his pocket.   

Cardinals

Brewers - 1 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Cubs lead the Reds 4-0 in the 5th. With a win tonight the Cubs will have some breathing room regarding being in 3rd in the NL Central:

If the Cubs hang on to win, it will look like this through August 11th:

Cubs 46-65

Pirates 45-67 (1.5 back)

Reds 44-67 (2 back)

At least we are the best of the worst in the NL Central as the season moves on lmao 

I totally forgot to watch it.   Oh well, there is always next year.   

Cardinals lost 2/3 to the Rockies.  

Sure makes this weekends series with the Brewers a big one.  

Cardinals

Brewers - .5 games back

Cubs - 15 games back

Reds - 16.5 games back

Pirates - 17 games back

The Cardinals took 2/3 from the Brewers over the weekend.  Brewers play the Dodgers and Cubs the next 2 series and the Cardinals play the Rockies and Diamondbacks.   I hope the Cardinals can expand their lead a little after they are done.   

Cardinals

Brewers - 1.5 games back

Cubs - 15.5 games back

Reds - 17.5 games back

Pirates - 18.5 games back

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

He didnt sound like he was done 

I hope not. He deserves a better way to end his career. I want him back for the sake of having a farewell tour. Too bad we’re going to be in rebuild mode again for years to come… would’ve loved to get him that elusive WS title… 

8 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals beat the Rockies 13-0 today to earn the 3 game sweep. Pujols hit home run 690 today which happened to be a pinch hit grand slam. Cardinals now go on the road to Arizona. Looks like they'll miss having to go against Gallen.

2 guys over 40 helped win that game.   Pujols with his pinch hit grand slam HR and Wainwright Pitching 7 scoreless inning giving up 3 hits (2 infield singles) and striking out 7 with no walks.  

They are 3 up on the Brewers who are a game behind the Padres for the last WC spot.  

All 5 NL Central teams won yesterday.

We are in a rebuilding year and are spanking the Brewers butt. I love it! Cubs have now won 5 in row and 2 straight over the pesky Brewers. Like I said back in 2016 when Brewers fans were getting cocky, they would never win a WS, they just don't have it, and I think it is funny! Happy Homer Simpson GIF. Hell they can't even beat us in a down year. @Mylesyou can thank me later for us wiping these clowns out. Cards will win the division and I am ok with it.

Home of the 2016 World Champion Cubs, something Yelich and the Brewers will never be able to say. haha 

Archived