Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Myles said:

I watched the Cardinals beat the Cubs last night and could not tell you who the announcers were.   I really don't pay much attention to them.  I never have.  I know many who love or hate certain announcers but I never feel so much as others do.  Did Vin have a catch phrase?   That is sometimes how I might remember an announcer - Slick Leonard - Boom Baby!  

 

I couldn't tell you who asnnounced:

Last years World Series

The last Super Bowl

I watch and listened to around 35 Cardinals games this season and could not tell you who the announcers are.   I guess I don't really care.

 

Everyone knows who Vin Scully is, my mom doesn't even follow sports and she knows who he is lmao . Do you know who Joe Buck is? He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is? John Madden? Jim Nantz? Even if you don't pay attention to the commentary, the network says who is announcing a big playoff game or a WS or a SB at least half a dozen times throughout the game. Anyone would just know by watching the game even if they didn't care, so you have me at a loss. No big deal , just odd, but I don't know 1 person who doesn't know who Vin Scully is homer simpson lol GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone knows who Vin Scully is, my mom doesn't even follow sports and she knows who he is lmao . Do you know who Joe Buck is? He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is? John Madden? Jim Nantz? Even if you don't pay attention to the commentary, the network says who is announcing a big playoff game or a WS or a SB at least half a dozen times throughout the game. Anyone would just know by watching the game even if they didn't care, so you have me at a loss. No big deal , just odd, but I don't know 1 person who doesn't know who Vin Scully is homer simpson lol GIF

Do you know who Joe Buck is? - I do, but only because he is the son of Jack Buck (Longtime Cardinals announcer).   He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is?  John Madden? - As an avid NFL fan, I do know who those 2 are but I watched the games they announced for years.  Jim Nantz? - I kind of know who he is from him appearing on a sitcom called Yes Dear years ago.  

I have heard of Vin Scully but would not have been able to tell you what he did or what team he did it for.   Like I said, I watch or listen to most Cardinal games and could not tell you who their announcers are.  I guess it doesn't interest me and I just don't pay attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do you know who Joe Buck is? - I do, but only because he is the son of Jack Buck (Longtime Cardinals announcer).   He has done 23 WS, or who AL Michaels is?  John Madden? - As an avid NFL fan, I do know who those 2 are but I watched the games they announced for years.  Jim Nantz? - I kind of know who he is from him appearing on a sitcom called Yes Dear years ago.  

I have heard of Vin Scully but would not have been able to tell you what he did or what team he did it for.   Like I said, I watch or listen to most Cardinal games and could not tell you who their announcers are.  I guess it doesn't interest me and I just don't pay attention.

A lot of announcers are bad but you missed out not listening to Vin. I really like Jim Nantz when he does AFC Title Games as well. He also does Golf a lot - he is really good. Summerall and Madden were the kings at doing NFC Title Games back in the 90's. Al Michaels is just great period doing multiple sports.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Myles said:

NL Central:

 

Brewers - 57 - 46

Cardinals - 2 games back

Reds - 15 games back

Cubs - 15.5 games back

Pirates - 16 games back

 

That battle to not be last is close.  

How in the heck did we get to 3rd place? This team is strange. We're winning games, yet reset the clock on another 3-5 year rebuild. Still feel like had we kept a lot of our players this offseason we might've actually been in the running for October. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

How in the heck did we get to 3rd place? This team is strange. We're winning games, yet reset the clock on another 3-5 year rebuild. Still feel like had we kept a lot of our players this offseason we might've actually been in the running for October. 

I think who ever finishes 3rd should hang a banner = 3rd place finish in NL Central. 'The battle for 3rd between 3 teams being the Cubs, Reds, and Pirates will be epic in the history of baseball' Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So now the Cards and Brewers are tied for first.   The Cardinals have a 3 game series with the Yankees.  The Brewers get the Reds for 3.  I suspect after the weekend that the Brewers will have a game or 2 lead over the Cardinals.  

 

The Pirates have taken over 3rd place.  The Reds are 4th and a half a game back of the Pirates.   The Cubs slipped into last and are 1.5 games behind the Pirates.  With the Cubs playing the Marlins, the Pirates playing the Orioles and the Reds playing the Brewers, this could tighten up over the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cardinals beat the Yankees 4-3.   Yankees out hit the Cards 10-5.  I am thrilled with this as I thought the Yankees could sweep the series.  

 

Cardinals beat the Yankees again.  1-0.

Needed some great defense for this one.  

A sweep would be nice.

1 game up in the Central.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woo hoo, it sure feels good to have swept the Yankees.  

 

Central

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Reds - 15.5 games back

Pirates - 16 games back

Cubs - 16.5 games back

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Myles said:

Woo hoo, it sure feels good to have swept the Yankees.  

 

Central

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Reds - 15.5 games back

Pirates - 16 games back

Cubs - 16.5 games back

 

1 day later:

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Pirates - 16.5 games back

 

Cubs have announced they will let Heyward go at the end of this year.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

1 day later:

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 2 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Pirates - 16.5 games back

 

Cubs have announced they will let Heyward go at the end of this year.  

 

Heyward was part of our glue in 2016. We are parting ways with everyone it seems now days. 

 

The race for 3rd in the NL Central:

Cubs 44-64

Reds 44-64

Pirates 44-65

 

- I am kind of getting a kick out of this and having fun with it. Cubs won last night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Heyward was part of our glue in 2016. We are parting ways with everyone it seems now days. 

 

The race for 3rd in the NL Central:

Cubs 44-64

Reds 44-64

Pirates 44-65

 

- I am kind of getting a kick out of this and having fun with it. Cubs won last night.

You ready for Thursday? Neither one of our teams are world beaters right now, but at least it should be a fun game with the old timey uniforms!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So here would be an entertaining all-time tournament regarding the NL:

 

Teams represented by,

 

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

 

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

 

2011 Cardinals = @Jay Kirk, @Myles

 

2016 Cubs = @HOZER, @2006Coltsbestever

 

Each team would play two 4 game series vs each other, at home and away to determine seeding's for HFA. 24 games total. In other words for example the 1986 Mets would play the other 3 teams 4 times at home and away (8,8,8) as would the other teams would do. Then the seeding's can be done and a playoff can begin with 7 game series in each series. Tie breakers would be head to head and then overall Point differential if needed for HFA.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So here would be an entertaining all-time tournament regarding the NL:

 

Teams represented by,

 

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

 

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

 

2011 Cardinals = @Jay Kirk, @Myles

 

2016 Cubs = @HOZER, @2006Coltsbestever

 

Each team would play two 4 game series vs each other, at home and away to determine seeding's for HFA. 24 games total. In other words for example the 1986 Mets would play the other 3 teams 4 times at home and away (8,8,8) as would the other teams would do. Then the seeding's can be done and a playoff can begin with 7 game series in each series. Tie breakers would be head to head and then overall Point differential if needed for HFA.

 

Interesting.   I would rather they play a 3 or 5 game series in the first round.   Loses some of the fun with a 4 game series if they split 2-2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Interesting.   I would rather they play a 3 or 5 game series in the first round.   Loses some of the fun with a 4 game series if they split 2-2.

Good point. The 24 games 4+4 was more of like a regular season just to get the seeding's squared away. 5 game series each would be a 30 game regular season (5 away and 5 at home vs each team) and you would get a winner of each series. I like that as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So here would be an entertaining all-time tournament regarding the NL:

 

Teams represented by,

 

1986 Mets = @NFLfan

 

1990 Reds = @RollerColt

 

2011 Cardinals = @Jay Kirk, @Myles

 

2016 Cubs = @HOZER, @2006Coltsbestever

 

Each team would play two 4 game series vs each other, at home and away to determine seeding's for HFA. 24 games total. In other words for example the 1986 Mets would play the other 3 teams 4 times at home and away (8,8,8) as would the other teams would do. Then the seeding's can be done and a playoff can begin with 7 game series in each series. Tie breakers would be head to head and then overall Point differential if needed for HFA.

 

I love my '90s Reds. But I think the other teams would be able to beat them. Now if we're talking '75, that would be one tough team to play. 

 

The 1990 team was effective because they were unexpected. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I love my '90s Reds. But I think the other teams would be able to beat them. Now if we're talking '75, that would be one tough team to play. 

 

The 1990 team was effective because they were unexpected. 

We could put the 1975 Reds in there instead. I was thinking of doing that but that was just before my time watching sports. I started watching sports around 1977/78ish but believe me I know about the Big Red Machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could put the 1975 Reds in there instead. I was thinking of doing that but that was just before my time watching sports. I started watching sports around 1977/78ish but believe me I know about the Big Red Machine.

Lol, well we can put in the '90s Reds then since I was born in '88. I just barely remember as a kiddo the Reds winning, though it's mostly memories of my father being as happy as I can ever remember. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey everyone...been away for a while...work has been brutal and life at home hectic, too.

 

I like the deals the Cardinals made, but would have obviously liked to have gotten Soto, too.

 

We sweep the Yankees and are in first place...going to be an exciting ending to the season!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Hey everyone...been away for a while...work has been brutal and life at home hectic, too.

 

I like the deals the Cardinals made, but would have obviously liked to have gotten Soto, too.

 

We sweep the Yankees and are in first place...going to be an exciting ending to the season!

3 games against the Rockies and then the big series vs the Brew Crew.  

In the NL, there are 4 teams fighting for the 3 wild card spots.  If San Fran gets it together there will be 5.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cardinals lost the opener in Colorado.  The Brewers was the only team in the Central to win yesterday. 

I seen where a Pirate was playing in his first game since being called up from the minors.  He was sliding into 3rd base and his phone fell out of his pocket.   

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 1 games back

Cubs - 16 games back

Reds - 16 games back

Pirates - 16.5 games back

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs lead the Reds 4-0 in the 5th. With a win tonight the Cubs will have some breathing room regarding being in 3rd in the NL Central:

 

If the Cubs hang on to win, it will look like this through August 11th:

 

Cubs 46-65

Pirates 45-67 (1.5 back)

Reds 44-67 (2 back)

 

At least we are the best of the worst in the NL Central as the season moves on lmao 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally forgot to watch it.   Oh well, there is always next year.   

 

Cardinals lost 2/3 to the Rockies.  

Sure makes this weekends series with the Brewers a big one.  

 

Cardinals

Brewers - .5 games back

Cubs - 15 games back

Reds - 16.5 games back

Pirates - 17 games back

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cardinals took 2/3 from the Brewers over the weekend.  Brewers play the Dodgers and Cubs the next 2 series and the Cardinals play the Rockies and Diamondbacks.   I hope the Cardinals can expand their lead a little after they are done.   

 

 

Cardinals

Brewers - 1.5 games back

Cubs - 15.5 games back

Reds - 17.5 games back

Pirates - 18.5 games back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

He didnt sound like he was done 

I hope not. He deserves a better way to end his career. I want him back for the sake of having a farewell tour. Too bad we’re going to be in rebuild mode again for years to come… would’ve loved to get him that elusive WS title… 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the Cardinals/Rockies game last night.  Cards won. 

Seen something I have never seen before.  Back to back ground rule doubles.    I'm sure it has happened allot but I never seen it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cardinals beat the Rockies 13-0 today to earn the 3 game sweep. Pujols hit home run 690 today which happened to be a pinch hit grand slam. Cardinals now go on the road to Arizona. Looks like they'll miss having to go against Gallen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals beat the Rockies 13-0 today to earn the 3 game sweep. Pujols hit home run 690 today which happened to be a pinch hit grand slam. Cardinals now go on the road to Arizona. Looks like they'll miss having to go against Gallen.

2 guys over 40 helped win that game.   Pujols with his pinch hit grand slam HR and Wainwright Pitching 7 scoreless inning giving up 3 hits (2 infield singles) and striking out 7 with no walks.  

 

They are 3 up on the Brewers who are a game behind the Padres for the last WC spot.  

 

All 5 NL Central teams won yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are in a rebuilding year and are spanking the Brewers butt. I love it! Cubs have now won 5 in row and 2 straight over the pesky Brewers. Like I said back in 2016 when Brewers fans were getting cocky, they would never win a WS, they just don't have it, and I think it is funny! Happy Homer Simpson GIF. Hell they can't even beat us in a down year. @Mylesyou can thank me later for us wiping these clowns out. Cards will win the division and I am ok with it.

 

Home of the 2016 World Champion Cubs, something Yelich and the Brewers will never be able to say. haha 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • To be honest, yes. Mahomes was garbage yesterday and Gus Bradley's D had a lot to do with it. I missed the part where Kelce dropped a TD, stopped watching in the 2nd quarter, was playing tennis and when I tuned in, Matt had already thrown the game winning TD and we kicked the PAT. (note to self, Colts do better when I don't watch ). So Matt Ryan sure would have won the game had AP held on to his TD catch in the Texans game, and the game would not have swung the momentum on the road.    You can tell all the ingredients are there though and that is why I wanted the Titans and Jaguars game after games 4 by which the Colts normally figure things out but then, the schedule makers did what they did for our divisional games.
    • And the Rams with their QB - Roman Gabriel were the Colts' biggest rival in 1967 and 68.  
    • I'm willing to give anything a try at this point.  
    • And Dulin was receiver #1 against a stout Jags defense.     Matt has some stuff to look in the mirror about no doubt.   Fumbles have to be cleaned up.   Not too worried about the INTs, 3 came in that Jags game where we didn't have enough weapons and was trying to come back. Sometimes you have to make throws you otherwise wouldn't of.     Only thing that really matters is we are 1-1-1 and that could easily be 0-3 with how we have played.     Focus moves on to Henry and the Titans. Hopefully Shaq is back as well.
    • Move Pryor to RG and start Raimann at LT
  • Members

    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 1,609

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • skerfalcon8710

      skerfalcon8710 142

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • James

      James 641

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 10,625

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SVFD Colts Fan

      SVFD Colts Fan 5

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chrisaaron1023

      Chrisaaron1023 2,907

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tfunky14

      tfunky14 42

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • erock

      erock 1

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Turftoe

      Turftoe 337

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 1,130

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...